AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: final fantasy

Junior Member kaoru hanabishi has a reputation beyond repute kaoru hanabishi has a reputation beyond repute kaoru hanabishi has a reputation beyond repute kaoru hanabishi has a reputation beyond repute kaoru hanabishi has a reputation beyond repute kaoru hanabishi has a reputation beyond repute kaoru hanabishi has a reputation beyond repute kaoru hanabishi has a reputation beyond repute kaoru hanabishi has a reputation beyond repute kaoru hanabishi has a reputation beyond repute kaoru hanabishi has a reputation beyond repute kaoru hanabishi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2008 03:48 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Talking final fantasy

Should square enix remake ff7?
    i think they should
    "I am not perfect but i hope you can learn to accept me"~Aoi Sakuraba

Ai Yori Aoshi is the best romance anime ever.

Senior Member cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2008 10:55 AM
    Threads

yes and no. ff7 was great but they've already made: ff7: advent children, ff7:crisis core, ff7:before crisis, ff7:dirge of cerberous, and let's not forget the ova, final fantasy 7: last order. it's just that square-enix has milked the ff7 cash cow for a bit to long regardless of how cool it all is. what square-enix should remake is chrono trigger!!! c'mon square! where is it!? and why did you have to shut down that fanmade 3d remake!? but i digress, i think people give ff7 too much attention. i'm not saying it's overrated because it's not but it does get too much attention if you ask me. and sure there was that ff7 tech demo for the ps3 but do we really need another final fantasy remake at all? don't get me wrong i have always loved final fantasy and i always will. you're looking at a guy who liked the spirits within(no, you are not seeing things) AND i liked mystic quest(no, you still aren't seeing things) but they've remade ff1 for the ps1, cell phone, and gba. they've remade ff2, for the ps1, and the gba, they've made 3 ff4 remakes the 1st for the ps1, which actually did have a chrono trigger remake but it was just the snes original with no new updates or even updated graphics for that matter, all it got new were animated cut scenes drawn by akira toriyama the character designer but that's it the graphics and all the rest of it remained the same. well anyway they also remade ff4 for the gba and a recent 3d remake for the ds(c'mon square-enix where's my 3d chrono trigger remake!?) and they remade ff5 and ff6 twice both for the ps1 and gba and a 3d update of ff3 for the ds which was only cool because it was the 1st time it came to the u.s. but it should've been here loooonng before that and i even played an english translation of the original on an emulator so when i learned you had to unlock the onion knight class i was confused. well i'll stop rambling now.
    Proud Founder of Kentucky Fried ChocoboŽ

Yaoi addict - u go girl! gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2010 10:34 PM
    Threads

Why the heack wouldn't they!! I love the game. The only thing I probaly wouldn't like is if they change things from the game. Noone would like it if they change stuff from a game thats still liked after 10 years or so.
    "The Truest Life Is When Your Living Your Dreams Awake"

Candy ♥Pop in Love Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2009 09:34 AM
    Asleep in the backseat of the Akatsuki-mobile
    Threads

Final Fantasy 7 is what got me into RPGs to begin with. It was the most beautiful game I ever played and it challenged me so much at the time. I've been hoping for a remake since I saw the tech demo, yet I'm torn. I kind of hope that they don't too. I'm afraid that they will change too much stuff. All I really want is updated graphics and typos fixed. I would like everything to stay the same, but that's just me and my opinion. I want the materia system the same, turned based battle the same, story (of course) the same. It would be awesome with all new side quests and a couple of new characters to throw in the mix. But yeah, I want it but I'm afraid of it at the same time.

Hadouken! Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-01-2009 02:58 AM
    Threads

I'm not really that big of a FFVII fan so I don't really care whether they remake it or not. However if they do remake it, I'll probably give in eventually and play it out of curiosity.

Do you believe it in your head?

Senior Member Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2010 12:06 AM
    Threads

It must be done! FFVII on the PS3 would be the greatest thing ever!
    It'd be amazing with new hi-def graphics and voice acting!

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Why? It's a SquareSoft game and only SquareSoft should do it. Not SquareEnix.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

They have already milked the money to the extremes from FF7. I am not saying it wouldn't sell, it probably would make quite a fair bit. But they have just remade so much of it, making movies, new games etc.

It's just getting a little strange. They can't seem to make a new hit so they keep reverting back to their biggest one.
    ████████████

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

They would probably make tonnes of Money. Their has been a huge rumour that they are going to, but thats only because they have already remade the opening of the game in amazing Graphics.

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

That clip is beautiful.
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

Senior Member cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Amray View Post
    They would probably make tonnes of Money. Their has been a huge rumour that they are going to, but thats only because they have already remade the opening of the game in amazing Graphics.

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

That clip is beautiful.
    i'm pretty sure that's the entire reason why everyone wants a remake. but it was already in 3d so what's the point? also as i have previously stated they have already milked the ff7 cash cow for all it's worth.

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by cyborgmonkey22 View Post
    i'm pretty sure that's the entire reason why everyone wants a remake. but it was already in 3d so what's the point? also as i have previously stated they have already milked the ff7 cash cow for all it's worth.
    To play Final Fantasy 7 and be able to not pay so much attention to the amount of polygons you can see in Cloud's arms? (I always hated that.)But really, there's no point in remaking a game just to improve its graphics. Even the newest of gamers know FF7 even without playing it and if they wanted to play the game, it still sells as a greatest hits title, so they can get it still and play it on their PS2/3. That along with everyone downloading it from the internet and playing via emulators too.
    Last edited by Khanxay; 04-11-2008 at 02:07 PM.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

Quote Originally Posted by kaoru hanabishi View Post
    Should square enix remake ff7?
    i think they should
    I don't think it's a question of SHOULD they. They WILL do it. I mean they remade FF3 for pete's sake. And they claim FF7 to be their "most cherished Final Fantasy". It just has to get old enough. SE said they won't be doing any more work on the compilation of FF7 as of it's 20th anniversay...that means they will be working on more of it until 2017. HOWEVER I don't know how accurate my source on that was. But I still go with my earlier point of just waiting a while, since they've remade/re-released FF1-6. I fail to see why they would stop there.

EDIT: Oh yes, I also found out (this one I DO know) that SE said they would make enough money if they just concentrate on remakes/re-releases from now until 2012 (that might include a remake of FF7, you never know).
    Last edited by Sword; 04-11-2008 at 03:03 PM.

Senior Member jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2008 10:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: none.

I think tat if we remake it and it sucks then ignore it and remember the old one. I would like to see certain things on the PS3 from that game. FF7 is my favorite of all time!
    Favorite anime of all time!
    HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI!

Sims Sadist Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Wolf Kunai Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2019 12:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The main reason to remake 7 is that the graphics were inconsistent and crude in the game, something they now can fix after howeer many games have come out since then.
    "You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same, the gods laugh and celebrate the differences."

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

No....They should remake a better FF like 6.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by rf switch View Post
    No....They should remake a better FF like 6.
    they've already done that twice. once for the ps1 and just last year for the gba

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

Quote Originally Posted by cyborgmonkey22 View Post
    they've already done that twice. once for the ps1 and just last year for the gba
    Those weren't remakes. They were ports. With the PS1 version getting a ton of cut scenes added to it.

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

Quote Originally Posted by rf switch View Post
    Those weren't remakes. They were ports. With the PS1 version getting a ton of cut scenes added to it.
    He's right. There may have been some new features, but they don't qualify as remakes.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

They should piss everyone off and remake it for the PSP with Crisis Core-level graphics, fixed localization(HMM SO THAT'S HOW YOU FOOLED THEM HMM SO THAT'S HOW YOU FOOLED THEM, Touph Ring, Off course! and This guy are sick are all classics, but really now), all the removed-at-the-last-minute tidbits and a revamped story that fits the retcons. After teasing with the demo and all, I would laugh heartily if it got put on a handheld.

I just don't want to have to buy a PS3 to play it.

Closed Thread

Thread Information