AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what was the first video game console you ever played?

Senior Member cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2008 10:55 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default what was the first video game console you ever played?

ok, this thread isn't to debate about which console is better. i just wanna know which video game console you ever played was. for me it was the snes waaayy back when my older brother 1st got me hooked on video games at the age of 5 and i've been gaming ever since. also i should note that it doesn't have to be just a home console, because i'm sure that some of you got your start on the commodore 64(i think that's how it's spelled), apple II, mac, pc etc. so if that was indeed the 1st hardware device you played games on then list that instead. also handhelds such as gameboys, gamegears, the atari lynx and any other handhelds count as well. so if you played a handheld 1st than that counts too.
    Last edited by cyborgmonkey22; 04-19-2008 at 10:44 AM.

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

As it counts, the Commodore 64 at around the age of 2-4.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Senior Member cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah i had a feeling i would be right about that. i'm only 17 so i've never played the commodore 64 nor do i think i ever will considering it's been out of production for at least 20 years lol

D's Wifey! NinnaMoon has a reputation beyond repute NinnaMoon has a reputation beyond repute NinnaMoon has a reputation beyond repute NinnaMoon has a reputation beyond repute NinnaMoon has a reputation beyond repute NinnaMoon has a reputation beyond repute NinnaMoon has a reputation beyond repute NinnaMoon has a reputation beyond repute NinnaMoon has a reputation beyond repute NinnaMoon has a reputation beyond repute NinnaMoon has a reputation beyond repute NinnaMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2013 11:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NinnaHatake

Super Nintendo! Maybe, it was Atari!! No no it was defiantly SN!!
    ~♡Ņēnn@♡~

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by *Ninna* ~ Hatake View Post
    Super Nintendo! Maybe, it was Atari!! No no it was defiantly SN!!
    lol! yeah i have the same problem. i was just too afraid to admit it in my original post. in reality it was either the nes or snes that was my 1st but i was only 4 and i didn't like video games until i was 5 so that makes things more confusing lol XD

Senior Member Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2010 12:06 AM
    Threads

Super Nintendo for me as well. I was hooked on Donkey Kong Country!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmat View Post
    Super Nintendo for me as well. I was hooked on Donkey Kong Country!
    omg! i used to play that game for hours! ahh, those were the good ol' days. if you haven't noticed i'm a total nostalgia freak lol i also played: yoshi's island(i loved the level where the controls were flipped backwards if you touched those fuzzy things that made it look like the game was on crack XD) and my older bro used to always pwn my butt while playing street fighter II. and of course there was ff6, ff4, super metroid, etc. i miss those days.

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by cyborgmonkey22 View Post
    yeah i had a feeling i would be right about that. i'm only 17 so i've never played the commodore 64 nor do i think i ever will considering it's been out of production for at least 20 years lol
    You can find them on eBay, and there are also emulators. You're also likely to find plenty of games to download online.

Shame it's not the same for the Amiga. They should release the damned Kickstart ROMs into the public domain already, the system isn't going to make a comeback, even if Amiga Inc. finally released the AmigaOS 4. Too late guys...we've moved on.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Strife View Post
    You can find them on eBay, and there are also emulators. You're also likely to find plenty of games to download online.

Shame it's not the same for the Amiga. They should release the damned Kickstart ROMs into the public domain already, the system isn't going to make a comeback, even if Amiga Inc. finally released the AmigaOS 4. Too late guys...we've moved on.
    oh, yeah! i completely forgot about emulators. i used those all the time. but now i'm worried that they might give my pc viruses but luckily i have McAffe so that should make things easier.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Er...emulators won't give you a virus if you download them direct from the official website. It's the disk images you have to be careful of. Just make sure you find yourself a decent site (for example C64.com) and you'll be fine.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

thanks that helps me out a lot.

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2016 06:43 PM
    Threads

Atari 2600
    If I remember correctly

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ah, yes the atari 2600. the 2nd video game console ever made. the 1st being the magnovox odyssey well i certainly have never played one. i've seen footage of the games for it back during the ice age XD but i've never played one myself. however i have played games made for it by playing one of those arcade machines that have games made by a huge amount of different companies. and even then i think it was only the arcade versions of those games, but whatever. it's not like i was born when everyone still had "pac-man fever" or for that matter when space invaders, asteroid, centipede, robotron 2084 etc. were released. but i have played robotron 2084 and it's pretty fun for an ancient relic lol

2 b frg10 = wrs thn deth. Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2008 07:05 PM
    Threads

NES. Super Mario Bros., Who framed Roger Rabbit, Wood and Water Rage, etc. Yeah, it's been a while. I got hooked on games when I was three, by my mother and cousin. I have not played anything before the NES. (I am 19, btw.)
    "Why did you come with me?"..."Only because I wanted to go with you."

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah i love the nes. i still have one and it works great. i love me some duck hunt lol ^^
    Proud Founder of Kentucky Fried ChocoboŽ

Banned Forum / Chat Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2008 12:38 PM
    Threads

Super Nintendo Entertainment System, shortly SNES.
    My first game was Secret Of Mana and soon after that Chrono Trigger .. still love these two. <3
    The breathing of the ancient ones are seldom felt
    I alone have torn their dreams apart.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Proxy View Post
    Super Nintendo Entertainment System, shortly SNES.
    My first game was Secret Of Mana and soon after that Chrono Trigger .. still love these two. <3
    those are 2 of the best 16 bit rpgs ever! i still to this day love chrono trigger and i would love a sequel or at the very least a remake and i hate myself for never playing chrono cross for the ps1. i also love secret of mana it was the 1st great true action rpg if you ask me. although the most recent games have been rather disappointing (i.e. sword of mana, children of mana) but luckily i thought legend of mana for the ps1 was very fun.

Hadouken! Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-01-2009 02:58 AM
    Threads

I'm pretty sure I started out with SNES, but it could have been Atari. I just remember playing the SNES more because of Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat, Goof Troop, and Donkey Kong Country.

Do you believe it in your head?

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

i also love secret of mana it was the 1st great true action rpg if you ask me. although the most recent games have been rather disappointing (i.e. sword of mana, children of mana) but luckily i thought legend of mana for the ps1 was very fun.
    All the Mana games after Legend of Mana suck. Sword sucked. Children was okay but too much of a dungeon crawler. (13 floors+? WTH!) And Dawn just plain sucks and the graphics are horrible.

First played: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time on the SNES.

First owned: Tomba and X-Men Vs. Street Fighter on Playstation.
    Last edited by Khanxay; 04-10-2008 at 12:49 PM.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Khanxay View Post
    All the Mana games after Legend of Mana suck. Sword sucked. Children was okay but too much of a dungeon crawler. (13 floors+? WTH!) And Dawn just plain sucks and the graphics are horrible.
    tell me about it. although i thought that dawn had very pretty graphics but that's just my opinion and i've never actually played that one but i've heard it's lame. plus i heard that for some unknown reason that your stats are reset after each level thus making all the EXP you gain useless. what the hell is up with that!? seriously!
    Last edited by cyborgmonkey22; 04-10-2008 at 11:17 PM.

Senior Member rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch has a reputation beyond repute rf switch's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2014 05:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lots of bits PSN ID: rf_switch Steam ID: lotsofbits

2600 from Atari

Tis not male! drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-24-2009 01:26 PM
    I live happily in a house with my family. (6 animals)
    Threads

yeah i love the nes. i still have one and it works great. i love me some duck hunt lol ^^
    YAY duck hunting! Takes me back to fond memeries. nes was the first system i played, though i can't remember if it was mario or duck hunting that i played first...
    Sense ours still works i should try playing them again, its been a while. A very LONG while.
    Only fools accept the obvious and go no farther.
    Common sense isn't so common anymore.
    "I'll follow you everywhere you go in my oh-so-inconspicuous bright red car and convince myself you don't notice."
    4// Itchy. Tasty.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by drm0ney View Post
    YAY duck hunting! Takes me back to fond memeries. nes was the first system i played, though i can't remember if it was mario or duck hunting that i played first...
    Sense ours still works i should try playing them again, its been a while. A very LONG while.
    it's good to hear i'm not the only who remembers/loves duck hunt. but i thought super mario bros. and duck hunt came on the same cartridge. at least that's how mine is.

Senior Member Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2010 02:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: i have 1 but idk it

either the original gameboy or the snes, I got them both at the same time

Candy ♥Pop in Love Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis has a reputation beyond repute Amarhyllis's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2009 09:34 AM
    Asleep in the backseat of the Akatsuki-mobile
    Threads

First game console I ever played was NES, oh yeah. those were the good times!
    My first games, of course, Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Kid Icarus, and Legend of Zelda. Those are the only ones I remember playing when I was a wee little one.

Closed Thread

Thread Information