AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball, The Live Action Movie

Junior Member emmdragon is on a distinguished road emmdragon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2008 07:00 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Unhappy Urg...

I have to say that this live action movie worries me...James Wong directs...Steven Chow Produces...87eleven do the stunts...Amalgamated Dynamics do effects, Hybride/cafe FX do visuals.., $100 Million Budget ...ok...could be good, but then No Krillin?, Piccolo is not green, Bulma is a weapons expert and Grandpa Gohan dies from Ninjas.
    Then there's Goku...Uncool and Unpopular at HIGH SCHOOL? what are they making him into...a second Peter Parker? (and it's Piccolo who tells Goku he's a saiyan)...um? (...who tells him that the Dragonball universe is actually Japanese then?!)
    I found this website with all the details...supposing it is real, it seems to be.
    http://dbthemovie.com/

Banned Forum / Chat Haze is Dreamin' is infamous around these parts Haze is Dreamin' is infamous around these parts Haze is Dreamin' is infamous around these parts Haze is Dreamin' is infamous around these parts Haze is Dreamin' is infamous around these parts Haze is Dreamin' is infamous around these parts Haze is Dreamin' is infamous around these parts Haze is Dreamin' is infamous around these parts Haze is Dreamin' is infamous around these parts Haze is Dreamin' is infamous around these parts Haze is Dreamin' is infamous around these parts Haze is Dreamin''s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-10-2008 10:11 PM
    Threads

I hope they don't mess it up.

Junior Member AriilovesGoku is a name known to all AriilovesGoku is a name known to all AriilovesGoku is a name known to all AriilovesGoku is a name known to all AriilovesGoku is a name known to all AriilovesGoku is a name known to all AriilovesGoku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2008 10:16 PM
    Threads

LOOK
    This Movie is a total *peeeeeee*
    D:
    I mean.. since when Goku is a skiny boy?
    Goku is THE man
    I love him
    and..
    this movie..
    destroy dragon ball D:
    I'm just a weard person who LOVES Dragon Ball (:

Junior Member emmdragon is on a distinguished road emmdragon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2008 07:00 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by AriilovesGoku View Post
    LOOK
    This Movie is a total *peeeeeee*
    D:
    I mean.. since when Goku is a skiny boy?
    Goku is THE man
    I love him
    and..
    this movie..
    destroy dragon ball D:
    I have to say that what the movie people are doing to the characters and plot lines seem to be typical Hollywood screw-ups to suit themselves rather than the actual stories on which they base their film, some things should be set in stone or left alone you know? I agree that this manipulation is frustrating, and the possibility that the dragonball universe becomes a Hollywood mockery is quiet large, this upsets me, I'm a huge Dragonball fan. I'm pretty much speachless as to what they seem to be doing with Goku, He's just too much of a huge character to be messed around with .
    However, perhaps the movie might actually come out ok? You know, as mentioned in my previous post in the thread, there do appear to be some plusses?? erm... ...maybe>??. In reality, the true fans will always be upset at the movie adaptation, and Live action from anime or manga or both is a very tenuous thing to do, it probably will not work, although I really hope they can pull it off.
    Which ever way it goes, I doubt it will destroy Dragonball as there is too much of a hardcore fanbase to allow this to happen.

Senior Member Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2014 09:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: OG_APPLEJACKS

Wo0t! I am definitely gonna see this!

Member Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2008 09:28 PM
    Threads

This movie will be probably a success (economically speaking), although I think so far the movie sucks!!!! it really looks like Hallmark or HBO movie, I personally think is going to be awful, ...but lets face it...everybody is going to watch this movie, and the producers will be happy ...they don't care about been faithful to the real story, they are not thinking in the fans they just think about the money...

Somebody post something like... "so what, it doesn't matter it the movie sucks", or somethingl ike that, but it does matter, because some people have waited a long time for something like this!! and if the movie producer, director or whatever blew it off, there is not going to be another movie, thats it! if the movie sucks they won't take the risk of doing it again and different...there are some rare cases like the Hulk movies, where they kind of change the direction that the Hulk story were going to ...but if this movie sucks and probably will...and we all go to see it, they will probably make a new sucky second part and third ...so I think it does matter a lot because this movie could be the last time we see Goku searching for the 7 dragon balls...

Blathering Blatherskite Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2009 06:51 PM
    Threads

I see why they changed the story to maybe appeal to a more mainstream audience but what they didn't think about is that the fans actually might want a "out there" story like the original was. I'll see it, but more than likely when it hits the cheap-o theater around here.

Member 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-24-2008 01:02 PM
    Threads

Transformers did so good because they didn't hold back. They made that movie amazing looking.

This DB movie looks like nothing special at all. It's one of those movies you wait to come out on dvd or TV. But Since it is Dragon Ball, people will go and see it, only reason. If this was a known movie, it would bomb hard. I will see this movie and hope for the best.

IF THEY MAKE DBZ< THEY BETTER SPEND EVERY CENT THEY HAVE AND TAKE THEIR TIME. I dont care if it takes 2 years... At least I will know they put some heart into their movie. I want that over whelming feeling of BADASS. Like the first time you watched 300, people came out after the movie feeling like they could fight anyone, lol. The movie looked so awesome, crisp.

I only hope for the best for now and later.

Member Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun has a reputation beyond repute Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2008 09:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 0ne View Post
    I want that over whelming feeling of BADASS. Like the first time you watched 300, people came out after the movie feeling like they could fight anyone, lol. The movie looked so awesome, crisp.

I only hope for the best for now and later.

OHHH yeahh and you made me remember something...the first time I saw the Matrix...I said...wow!! is like Dragon Ball with real people and I thought "If they wanted, they could easy make dragon a ball movie"....and then after the 3 movie, does anybody have a doubt that the wachowsky brothers really like anime? hahaha they are hard core anime fans, thats why it was so great! ...I think the last fight in Matrix Revolutions would be the closest thing to Dragon Ball z that we will ever see...

Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2014 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What annoys me is how they came up with a decently original idea and they had to get permission from Toriyama and make a non-Dragonball movie into a Dragonball movie, cause some Japanese dude thinks it's infringement? Toriyama should have just left them alone and let them call it whatever the heck they want, use their own character names, and use their own attack moves.

overkill. .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2012 06:40 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Hmm.. doesn't look like it will be much like the anime Dragonball at all. It doesn't look bad, though. It still looks like a movie worth seeing. Looks like they made it more "modern" and "relatable". It's just a shame that they didn't make a proper tribute to the original.. I mean, this Goku? He seems kind of wussy? I don't know.. of course, even that is just speculation, considering ALL that I've heard [and there are TONS of rumors floating around out there about this movie, there has been for quite some time now] you really can't be too sure until you watch the movie for yourself.

I think I will go see this one in theatres. Like I said, looks like a good movie. I just hope that they don't hack up this classic too much...
    && all the world's a stage
    i existed because i dreamed it;
    i dreamed the world...//

KISEKISTUDIOS | YINGYANGANIME | DEVIANTART | TUMBLR
    [i made the gfx.]

Junior Member Shadow_Nin9a is a name known to all Shadow_Nin9a is a name known to all Shadow_Nin9a is a name known to all Shadow_Nin9a is a name known to all Shadow_Nin9a is a name known to all Shadow_Nin9a is a name known to all Shadow_Nin9a's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2008 02:36 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiken- View Post
    I have been waiting to see this movie since like I first heard about it <.< I hope its better than those animated dbz movies which were good.

r u serious u hope its better than the animated db series. have u been brain wash or something the movie looks terrible when they started posting pics of it.

Junior Member Shadow_Nin9a is a name known to all Shadow_Nin9a is a name known to all Shadow_Nin9a is a name known to all Shadow_Nin9a is a name known to all Shadow_Nin9a is a name known to all Shadow_Nin9a is a name known to all Shadow_Nin9a's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

im gonna rent the movie when its out in dvd cuz i dont want to get anymore depress watching this movie at the cinema

2 ways they could have made it better is by using master myagi from the karate kid to play as master roshi which will be much better then chow yun fat

and last way is making the film into a cgi movie like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie.

and by the way i think piccolo isnt green
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	699252239a8799250505l.jpg‎
Views:	109
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	22684  

Ellxeeva's Minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2014 12:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

I think it is the worst idea ever. However, if they can make the fighting scenes as like the show, then I have no complaints.

I would rather want to see a Dragonball Z movie. That way Golberg could play Nappa. He could totally pull it off. I'm not too confident about Vegeta. After all, who would've want to have their hair straight up like that. THe only one I can really picture playing Vegeta would be that the Drift King from Tokyo Drift.
    If Minecraft had a Japanese intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=H5qFZjuKet4

|Set made by Neukifly|

Super Saiyan Dango

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2008 06:26 AM
    Threads

Well i think i have seen picolo's pic...but i cant find it now
    anyways...
    looking forward to see this one coming.....

Senior Member blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2014 02:53 PM
    I live some where in Michigan and thats all Im telling
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Nin9a View Post
    2 ways they could have made it better is by using master myagi from the karate kid to play as master roshi which will be much better then chow yun fat

Didnt that guy who played Mr. Myagi died a few years ago?.......See they waited too long to make this and now a person who would've a made a perfect roshi is replaced with Fat who has to play a role that he isnt really suited for. This movie is goin to be crap just like all them other live action adaptation like Guyver, Fist of the North Star, Speed Racer, G-Savior, and all them other ones that I cant remember.

Junior Member magnataur00 is on a distinguished road magnataur00's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2008 05:29 PM
    Threads

I hope that this time is really a propaganda true, because the amount of times they said they would launch DBZ on film and was lying was incredible

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 05:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Nin9a View Post
    By the way, I think that is super uber fake.
    1)Piccolo would be green no matter what
    2)Photo shop is childs play w/ an image like that
    3)That looks like it came outta Hellraiser

I have not seen a successful DBZ cosplayer, therefore the movie cannot win.
    Last edited by Diocletian; 12-06-2008 at 05:42 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i have found the very first trailer of the dragon ball movie

apparently its now called dragon ball evolution

Junior Member lee_kim is on a distinguished road lee_kim's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2008 09:06 PM
    Threads

find ANYBODY who looks exactly like the characters please.

Its honestly going to be impossible, the art they used is to....non human...its not even funny.

You don't know if this movie is going to suck or not. I will go see the movie, you know you guys will too, just to see if its good or not.

OMg

he exactly looks alike ^^

Member RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2009 01:36 AM
    Threads

I'm really looking forward to this as well.
    Like others have stated, I hope they pull it off well.
    Once I see the release date in theaters, I'm taking the day off of work just to see it.

Junior Member shiloah07 is infamous around these parts shiloah07 is infamous around these parts shiloah07 is infamous around these parts shiloah07 is infamous around these parts shiloah07 is infamous around these parts shiloah07 is infamous around these parts shiloah07 is infamous around these parts shiloah07 is infamous around these parts shiloah07 is infamous around these parts shiloah07 is infamous around these parts shiloah07's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2009 06:29 AM
    Threads

the fuuniest part for me in this Dragon Ball Z Live Action Movie is... Picollo is color yellow... XD

Member Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2009 02:21 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 8138581223657272

i'll like to see it but i don't think it will be that good because some of the stuff in dbz will be realy hard to copy into a movie

both made by me

Senior Member blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2014 02:53 PM
    I live some where in Michigan and thats all Im telling
    Threads

hehehehehe you guys are going to love this, Goku's "Ozoro" form... we can all start crying now
    Last edited by blackrosetwilight; 03-13-2009 at 07:13 PM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 04:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

We already had The Matrix: Revolutions, didn't we? If I wanted to watch a Dragonball live action movie I'd just watch the last thirty minutes of that.

Oh, and the movie has CAR WRECK AVOID AT ALL COSTS written all over it.
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information