AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Skeletal Love

Senior Member forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2014 11:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Skeletal Love

Because I am a dork as well as a hopeless romantic, and thought this was awfully cool, I would like to share a link - http://www.archaeology.org/0801/abstracts/valdaro.html

"Archaeologists were suddenly quoting lines from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Digging in the Italian village of Valdaro--near the city of Mantua, a setting for the famous Elizabethan tragedy--they uncovered a startling double burial. Dubbed the "Lovers of Valdaro" by the media, the pair were huddled close together, face to face, their arms and legs entwined, seemingly in an eternal embrace."

The article in their magazine was more in depth, and goes on about how they aren't sure if they died together, or if the woman was sacrificed and buried with her husband to accompany him to the great beyond. Either way, it's a good read, and a lovely photograph ... if you're into old/dead things.
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

What spammy replies. >___>

I think it was really lovely of the archaeologists to forgo the important information to be gleaned by taking apart the discovery in favor of letting the lovers lie together for eternity. That's really romantic.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Daeva's black rose poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2008 01:33 PM
    Threads

Aaaaahhh, that's so sweet! I can't believe someone done something like this. Romantic, indeed ^^

Hot gift from Midnight Rider Teh Great! Thank you :3

Thank you for the awesome sig, Serated!
    -art thread-[VF]-myspace-

I has Return-ified. -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2013 06:47 PM
    Threads

Wow, that's really interesting, especially considering I just finished reading Romeo and Juliet a few days ago.
    The only difference is that in Shakespeare's play, the two were buried in Verona instead of Mantua... But it's still really shocking to find something that close to the real idea in the play.
    Current obsession: Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 <3

Uber-love to .Savage for this amazing set~ x3

Gifts:Simple1|Goodylucky|Karuto

~Facebook

Senior Member Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2010 12:06 AM
    Threads

Romantic indeed. Further proof that true love does exist.

Senior Member forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Red";2030333][COLOR="Orange
    I dunno if I want to be buried or cremated... it's a long time away, so I shouldn't be worrying about that kind of stuff[/color]
    It's never to early to start planning, we are all fully capable of dying at any moment. People tend to ignore that fact.

As for me, I thought the image itself is very romantic ... in a morbid way. But I do want to point out that it's the first neolithic couple found buried together this way, very cool. And romantic.

Super Assome! Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 02:10 PM
    Threads

[color=orange]Did you guys actually thought about it that those two skeletons could be cuddled up like that by some sort of maniac? I mean, nobody really knows if they loved each other. Maybe they didn't know each other and were positioned like that. Who knows... The past.. It knows.

Message from me:

Internizzle serizzle bizzle
    AF family:
    - Temperance: Raccoon Pet. xD
    - Kitsune~girl: Sister :3

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dxon View Post
    [color=orange]Did you guys actually thought about it that those two skeletons could be cuddled up like that by some sort of maniac? I mean, nobody really knows if they loved each other. Maybe they didn't know each other and were positioned like that. Who knows... The past.. It knows.
    Actually, if you read my original post I do bring that up. It the imagery itself that is romantic, not necessarily the science behind it.

"... and goes on about how they aren't sure if they died together, or if the woman was sacrificed and buried with her husband to accompany him to the great beyond."

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

Awww, that is sweet!! ^-^

Yeah, I went out with a Skeleton once. I ended up dumping her....in a furness.
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

Senior Member Shido will become famous soon enough Shido's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2008 06:10 PM
    Threads

lol what a fitting end . If indeed it was two lovers in one last eternal embrace before death then I applaud .

That is my exact vision of how I would want to die (minus the 20 yrs old part ) . To find someone who I love deeply and in return loves me just as much . Then when the final moment comes we die in each others arms whispering our last "I love you " .

If anyone has seen clover field , the ending is like idk beautiful imo :P . The way he grabs her and tells her to look at him then says he loves her and she replies with " I love you too" then DEATH XD .

Being the hopeless romantic that I am :P I wonder if I should ever be this lucky (again minus the 20 yrs old part lol hopefully like 70ish ) .

only thing more romantic would to both be vampires and be together for eternity >.> If only I could prove their existence XD

Closed Thread

Thread Information