AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Original Fiction: Beyond Ωmega

Junior Member firebushido is on a distinguished road firebushido's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2008 10:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Original Fiction: Beyond Ωmega

Hey guys, I'm a new member here at animeforum.com and I just wanted to share with you guys this story that I've been sort of thinking for a while now but never really took the time to write and share with other people. I'm not really into anime, watched a couple of movies and series like Death Note and Blood the Last Vampire but other than that, you can say I'm an Anime newbie.

Even though I'm quite new to anime, I always admired the stories and style of animes which make them stand apart from other story telling mediums such as films and books. Anyway, for some reason it seemed like I needed to share this story to other people; it is in a VERY ROUGH draft form because I wrote it last night in like 30 minutes but otherwise, I hope you guys enjoy it. Comments and criticisms are welcome!

P.S: The ending is something I definitely need help on, and keep in mind that there are a lot of branching stories that can be added as well as characters to make it more anime-ish.

Beyond Ωmega

There is no beginning, there is no end. Thus, nothing comes from nothing.

Beyond Ωmega is a science-fiction story following the chronicles of a girl named Vita in the year 1939. The Second World War is in full effect, as every powerful nation is warring for world dominance. The beginning of the modern era has produced technologies that were never thought were possibly made by humans. Technological progression has never been quicker, thus creating a world with an uncertain future.

Vita is just a regular outgoing and outspoken teenager living in Tokyo, Japan. Though she’s young, she’s incredibly smart for her age, yet also naive and has a lot to learn in life. Vita continued to live a normal life until a mysterious illness caused her death as she turned fifteen. The story then shifts into her exodus through death, showing what happens right after she passed.

After her death, Vita experiences and sees a blinding white light in an instant; seemingly as if she’s traveling in light speed, then suddenly her motion slows down until she suddenly stops and forgets absolutely everything in her present memory. The story’s perspective changes, showing the birth of a boy set in an extremely distant future.

Twelve years after the boy’s birth, the story introduces us to the same boy whose name is Neco, a genius at his age that’s well-spoken but doesn’t talk unless needed. The year is 1618-F, and humans are an endangered species, with only around five thousand in total. Cyborgs are now commonplace, while the dominant species are called Ultius, humans with genetically enhanced DNA’s, giving them superhuman strengths and intelligence. The birth of Neco became big news since the last natural human birth (without the help of genetic-altering chemicals and drugs to keep the baby healthy) at that time occurred exactly 765 years ago.

As the story focuses on Neco, strange occurrences begin to happen with Neco’s memories and thoughts. As Neco grows older, he starts to remember the life of Vita from almost one million years ago, as if Neco was Vita from his previous life, which turns out to be true. Additionally, he began to have dreams about a group of Ultius conducting experiments on a particular minute type of organisms only visible with the most advanced microscopes of that time. These organisms were placed in a dark, mysterious matter that appears to be increasingly expanding over time. Eight years later as Neco turned twenty-one years old, he still remembers Vita’s life vividly, remembers what life was like a million years ago in 1939, and his mysterious dreams about the Ultius experiments.

Neco attends college and pursues a degree in Science of Organic Creation. After his college years, he acquired a job for a leading company in his field named Genesis Corp. He later finds out that the Ultius experiments he’s been dreaming about are conducted in the labs of the same company he works for. He begins to investigate and discovers that the minute organism in the dark mysterious matter was the universe that they called from one million years ago. He also identifies several other dark matter organisms in other labs, meaning that there are multiple universes.

As Neco continues to secretly debunk the Ultius experiments, he eventually gets caught by them and imprisoned. He was tortured and was put through memory erasing machines to keep their experiments from being public and Neco was ultimately executed. As the story ends, Neco experiences the same blinding light after his death and shows another birth... (To be continued)
    Last edited by firebushido; 03-11-2008 at 10:25 PM. Reason: adding more information

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

First of all, you'll need to think about what life was actually like in 1939 in Japan. Cars were not exactly commonplace, and what with the war taking place they would likely be even less common as those materials would instead be going towards use in weapons or military equipment.

Also, one question: If in the year 1618-F humans are endangered, then there must be some who exist, yes? If Neco is the first to be born in 765 years, then there shouldn't BE any others (unless you left out that they now have lifespans of 800+ years), and that would mean there weren't any others to produce him. And if there weren't any before him, they would be extinct. Though, again, there had to be a pair somewhere in order to produce him. Or are you going with a "created in a lab" idea?

Overall I think the story has potential. However, I wonder if it isn't too great a jump to go from Vita to Neco that way. I like the idea of a person being continuously reborn...so I'm thinking you could play with that. Have a few more lives in between those two giving hints as to what the world has come to in Neco's life. You could give each character a few key similar traits such as the high intelligence, rebelliousness, and a constant urge to investigate mysteries. Something to link them all together. I suppose you could even set the majority of the story with Neco and scatter the past lives in as his memories, growing more vivid as he grows older.

Perhaps it is through one of these lives that he gets the sense of the Ultius not being quite what they appear. I don't care much for him having dreams of the experiments as it doesn't fit with the theme of him experiencing memories of past life only. I would find it interesting if in Neco's life the Ultius are regarded as a greater being than humans, while the past shown through Neco's past selves would say differently, showing perhaps a bloody struggle to come to power as they have.

Think on it ^^ I don't mean for you to adopt all or even any of my suggestions, but to help you gain a fresh eye for what you have and perhaps for what it could become.

Junior Member firebushido is on a distinguished road firebushido's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2008 10:36 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Fabala View Post
    First of all, you'll need to think about what life was actually like in 1939 in Japan. Cars were not exactly commonplace, and what with the war taking place they would likely be even less common as those materials would instead be going towards use in weapons or military equipment.

Also, one question: If in the year 1618-F humans are endangered, then there must be some who exist, yes? If Neco is the first to be born in 765 years, then there shouldn't BE any others (unless you left out that they now have lifespans of 800+ years), and that would mean there weren't any others to produce him. And if there weren't any before him, they would be extinct. Though, again, there had to be a pair somewhere in order to produce him. Or are you going with a "created in a lab" idea?

Overall I think the story has potential. However, I wonder if it isn't too great a jump to go from Vita to Neco that way. I like the idea of a person being continuously reborn...so I'm thinking you could play with that. Have a few more lives in between those two giving hints as to what the world has come to in Neco's life. You could give each character a few key similar traits such as the high intelligence, rebelliousness, and a constant urge to investigate mysteries. Something to link them all together. I suppose you could even set the majority of the story with Neco and scatter the past lives in as his memories, growing more vivid as he grows older.

Perhaps it is through one of these lives that he gets the sense of the Ultius not being quite what they appear. I don't care much for him having dreams of the experiments as it doesn't fit with the theme of him experiencing memories of past life only. I would find it interesting if in Neco's life the Ultius are regarded as a greater being than humans, while the past shown through Neco's past selves would say differently, showing perhaps a bloody struggle to come to power as they have.

Think on it ^^ I don't mean for you to adopt all or even any of my suggestions, but to help you gain a fresh eye for what you have and perhaps for what it could become.
    Thanks for the comments Fabala. I changed some of the story based on your suggestions and regarding your comments about humans at that time being endangered, I made it more clear by adding that there are still around five thousand in existence.

Also about Neco's dreams, it's true that they might be sort of out of place, but I want to include mysterious occurrences he keeps experiencing that guides him to the truth behind the Ultius experiments. They don't necessarily have to be dreams, but maybe characters that give him clues about the Ultius, or unexplained flashbacks that he keeps encountering, etc.

Again, this was just a very rough and simple plot summary that I wrote and thought of, there can be multiple intricate plots and character developments within the story and I still am thinking of how those can be seamlessly integrated. Thanks again for the comments!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information