AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mew mew power

Junior Member Sakurawind is on a distinguished road Sakurawind's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2008 05:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default mew mew power

yesterday i was on you tube and there was this tv show called mew mew power it is such a ripoff of sailormoon but without planets and replace with animals id like to know more about it.
    Last edited by Fabala; 04-18-2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Inappropriate signature

Junior Member savion is infamous around these parts savion is infamous around these parts savion is infamous around these parts savion is infamous around these parts savion is infamous around these parts savion is infamous around these parts savion is infamous around these parts savion is infamous around these parts savion is infamous around these parts savion is infamous around these parts savion is infamous around these parts savion's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2009 10:56 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1204 1915 7208

it is these little girls that run arond in animal costume looking
    stupid it only had one season

Senior Member sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2008 11:39 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: ice cream

Well,mew mew power is about these girls with animal transformation powers who save the world and they work at mew mew cafe.Check it on wikipedia it will give you more info!^^

Currently watching:Clannad,H20 footprints in the sand,Shugo Chara!Soul Eater,Lucky star,Maburaho,Kamen No Maid guy,Elfen Lied

Junior Member Azurra has much to be proud of Azurra has much to be proud of Azurra has much to be proud of Azurra has much to be proud of Azurra has much to be proud of Azurra has much to be proud of Azurra has much to be proud of Azurra has much to be proud of Azurra's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 05:51 PM
    Threads

There are actually a few "rip-offs of Sailor Moon," such as Wedding Peach. Its a little thing known as Magical Girl. In any case, when a girl can transform, if I've seen it once I've seen all of it.

AF's Kawaii Neko Girl ^^ Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2008 03:34 PM
    Threads

it's not a rip off of sailor moon watch the real serie Tokyo Mew Mew it's a lot better than the english mew mew power ^^

Af Family Nyaa~ ^^
    Super Big Brother: Dryaxx ^^

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It could only be a ripoff of Sailor Moon if Sailor Moon was the first of it's kind. And it is not. "Magical Girl" anime originally referred to anime starring a girl with the ability to use magic for the use of adventures or in sports/games. Only these days is it looked at as girls wielding magic to fight villains.

It all started with witches (inspired by "Bewitched" in fact, which is undoubtedly inspired by something else):

Sally, the Witch (anime: 1966) - Sally leaves the witch world to make friends her own age and winds up saving two Earth girls from danger. She then gets up to much mischief with her friends while trying to keep her power a secret.

The Secrets of Akko-chan (anime: 1969) - After she treats a broken mirror with care, Akko-chan is given a magic mirror which allows her to transform herself into anything she wishes.

Marvelous Melmo (anime: 1971) - Melmo's mother dies when she is 9 years old, leaving Melmo to care for her younger brothers. Melmo's mother returns to Melmo as a ghost and gives her magic pills she can use to age herself to 19 and back to 9, as well as change herself into any kind of animal.

Little Meg the Witch Girl (anime: 1974) - Klutzy Megu travels to Earth in order to learn what human relationships are like. She is taken in by another former witch who bewitches her family into believing Megu has always been part of the family. She battles monsters, demons, and sorcerers while changing from a selfish child into a considerate young woman. Many of Sailor Moon's themes can be seen in this one, and it is considered an important part of the Magical Girl genre as it had considerable influence over many anime that followed.

Magical Princess Minky Momo (anime: two parts, the first from 1982 and the second in 1991) - Momo comes to Earth from a land of dreams in the sky to give Earth help in relocating its "hopes and dreams." She transforms into a super-powered version of herself to do this, with the help of animal followers.

I hope you can see that Sailor Moon (anime aired 1992), while well-known and popular, was not really breaking new ground with its story. And while it differs from the above by having a team instead of one girl, the "five member team" has been around for a long time, certainly long before Sailor Moon.
    Last edited by Fabala; 03-14-2008 at 06:07 AM.

Senior Member IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2009 08:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Mew Mew Power is a rip-off with Tokyo Mew Mew because Mew Mew Power is dub >x[
    Tokyo Mew Mew have more series too ^_^
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)
    I still lurk around, you just don't notice.

stalk me

The Fallen Dream™ shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x has a reputation beyond repute shadow slayer x's Avatar
    Gil
    Roflol
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2013 03:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Desert Scout PSN ID: DetraUnited Steam ID: DSRTscout

I've seen the show, I can say that I've seen several things that may look like a rip off, and how does comparing the dubed and raw versions of this show help?
    Although I've never seen the dub version...
    "An inspiration of faith and science only to be shunned...is called a Fallen Dream"

^Thank you Karuto^

Senior Member Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Heart Favorite
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:14 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Mew mew power wasn't made off sailor moon. Mew mew power existed before sailor moon.
    Thank you for the gift Nespa

Click > http://www.cityofif.com
    http://www.tomecity.com

Senior Member Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2008 10:46 PM
    Threads

Mew mew power existed before sailor moon.
    Uh ... Sailor Moon was created in 1992, and Tokyo Mew Mew was created in 2000. Heck, Sailor Moon was already dubbed and playing on American television before the idea for Tokyo Mew Mew had even been conceived.

And: I haven't seen much of Tokyo Mew Mew, but watch the original subtitled version if at all possible. 4Kids tends to willingly butcher anything and everything Japanese that they get their ravenous claws on.

Junior Member zefiexxx is on a distinguished road zefiexxx's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2008 12:33 PM
    Threads

mew mew power is basicly a lazy persons version of tokyo mew mew if your half asleep and you cant be bothered to read subtitles then its good to watch but if you want a really good anime show then go for tokyo mew mew its really fun and heart warming!!!

lol

it is good though and nothing like salor moon from what i can see and i have seen salor moon and seen all of tokyo mew mew series 1 and 2 (of whats out yet that is) and i have seen all the programs. so dont mess with me...
    lol oops im a bit angry with other things right now.

^ ^
    +

Even if something goes wrong, dont give up!
    no one reached their dream by giving up!
    never let go of your dream, follow your heart

FIGHT for what you believe in!

Senior Member winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2008 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0738 3560 2869 0372

personally i like both mewmew powerand tokyo mewmew
    A scattered dream is like a far off memory.
    A far off memory is like a scattered dream.
    I wanna line the pieces up-
    yours and mine.

Junior Member zefiexxx is on a distinguished road zefiexxx's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2008 12:33 PM
    Threads

i guess but tokyo mew mew is better

what i dont get is in the books mint has the aqua rod and in the tv show its ichigo! whitch ones right???

Even if something goes wrong, dont give up!
    no one reached their dream by giving up!
    never let go of your dream, follow your heart

FIGHT for what you believe in!

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

The subbed version of TMM is my fave. I just cannot stand the English version. The Japanese voices are better.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

chérir-- kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2009 12:11 PM
    Threads

Don't watch the 4kids verison...-shutters- I find the original way better. The show is much more watchable in the original japanese verison, also I think the manga is pretty good.

A very beautiful set made by KP ^_^.I love you so much!
    Thank you Lawlietth <3 I love it

Junior Member DoMeWa is on a distinguished road DoMeWa's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2008 05:14 PM
    Threads

Tokyo Mew Mew is kind of a rip off, but I don't find it interesting.

AF's Kawaii Neko Girl ^^ Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan has a reputation beyond repute Chiko-Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2008 03:34 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DoMeWa View Post
    Tokyo Mew Mew is kind of a rip off, but I don't find it interesting.

what is rip off in it?

Af Family Nyaa~ ^^
    Super Big Brother: Dryaxx ^^

Junior Member AnimeEyes has much to be proud of AnimeEyes has much to be proud of AnimeEyes has much to be proud of AnimeEyes has much to be proud of AnimeEyes has much to be proud of AnimeEyes has much to be proud of AnimeEyes has much to be proud of AnimeEyes has much to be proud of AnimeEyes has much to be proud of AnimeEyes has much to be proud of AnimeEyes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2009 09:18 AM
    Threads

Lightbulb MewMew

Hmm... I haven't really seen Sailor Moon, but I like Mew Mew Power, but some people say its a rip off of Sailor moon, does anyone know what channel Lucky Star comes on?
    *~Lucky Star~*

* ! KONATA ! *

BY

AnimeEyes..x..

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I would like it if every time a character, or a team transforms to save the planet or something, you would not call it a rip-off of sailormoon.

SURE it has like a few of the same concepts, but still. Why do you think sailormoon HAS to be practically the ONLY show in the world that uses that concept, and anything else closely related is a rip-off??. It's a very nice idea, and many people like transformations and powers, and cute girls that go off saving things like the plant or something like that. It's just peoples interest. And i'm pretty sure that idea is probably going to be used as the years move on.

Because i've encountered many people who say Tokyo Mew Mew is a rip-off of the "much more popular SailorMoon" But I have to sit there and tell them that SailorMoon does NOT have to be the only magical girl plant saving show out there. People re-use concepts? SO WHAT?! It's life. I'm sure at least one of you that think the shows a rip-off, go and watch another show in a genre you prefer more of, That uses the same concept as another show. But since they may not be as widely known as Sailor Moon was, you don't think about it as much.

Just my thoughts on the rip-off concepts. :\

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Good points blueangel ^^ I don't think anyone has actually read it, but I've actually listed several precursor anime to Sailor Moon further up in this thread. No doubt Sailor Moon has done a world of good for the magical girl anime genre. Without it, there likely wouldn't be the same caliber of interest, and might not BE such anime as Mew Mew. Does that make it the first? No. Does that make everything coming after it a rip-off? No.

Junior Member animefan12 is a jewel in the rough animefan12 is a jewel in the rough animefan12 is a jewel in the rough animefan12's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2008 06:34 PM
    Threads

It seems to me that magical girl anime that is less popular (such as Tokyo Mew Mew or Wedding Peach) get called rip-offs of more popular magical girl anime like Sailor Moon. I don`t think there rip-offs and I like most of the magical girl anime.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by animefan12 View Post
    It seems to me that magical girl anime that is less popular (such as Tokyo Mew Mew or Wedding Peach) get called rip-offs of more popular magical girl anime like Sailor Moon. I don`t think there rip-offs and I like most of the magical girl anime.
    I agree! Exactly what I said.. ^-^

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Sims Sadist Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Wolf Kunai Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2019 12:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Anime and manga evolves based on what has come before the same way American comics do. I don't think you can call shows with a similar theme or idea ripp-offs if the powers are different. Transformation to battle crime is a standard in American comics, so why is this idea somehow new?
    "You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same, the gods laugh and celebrate the differences."

Member confinedintheroom has a reputation beyond repute confinedintheroom has a reputation beyond repute confinedintheroom has a reputation beyond repute confinedintheroom has a reputation beyond repute confinedintheroom has a reputation beyond repute confinedintheroom has a reputation beyond repute confinedintheroom has a reputation beyond repute confinedintheroom has a reputation beyond repute confinedintheroom has a reputation beyond repute confinedintheroom has a reputation beyond repute confinedintheroom has a reputation beyond repute confinedintheroom's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2008 08:14 PM
    Threads

Saying that Tokyo Mew Mew is a rip-off of Sailor Moon is like saying that every anime involving giant robots is a rip-off of Transformers.

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Gundam would probably be a better comparison. It created much of the genre as seen today, and is well known, but is by no means the originator behind the "giant robot" or mecha anime (which goes back as far as at least 1963 with Gigantor).

An English teacher of mine once claimed there is only one story, and it is repeated over and over again. While I would and did argue that there are more, it is certainly true that all the world's stories are at heart repeats of one another. Even so, rip-offs (or theft) can still occur, but only when finer details are reused. Five girls in costume fighting evil with magical powers? Not a rip-off. Five girls in costume fighting evil with magical powers who are reincarnated from past selves who lived on the moon and were named for various planets? Now we're getting closer.

Closed Thread

Thread Information