AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: bought the DVD's Uncut..

Senior Member ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2008 12:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default bought the DVD's Uncut..

I am watching the English voices with the subtitle feature activated to see how the Americanized version differs.

Every sentence is butchered from the original! Even things that didn't have to be switched around.

One of the more ridiculous snippits was Yanjerobi - from season one - he is being interviewed by the media about the attacking aliens. They are offering him a lot of money for his story. The americanized version has him asking for food - and make a point to say " MONEY I DON'T REALLY NEED . . .but hotdogs... " what makes it so stupid is Yanjerobi is holding the chiefs hat which is being FILLED by MONEY. The thing he just said he didn't want. He even pushes the now over-flowing-with-money hat in the chiefs face as the chief gives him his whole wallet.

I know this subject has been beat to death -

but I thought it might be a fun thread to point out the glaring censorship(s) that are a little funny...
    Last edited by ghost_in_the_shell; 03-09-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2014 05:46 PM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You mean Dragonball?? Yeah, the dub's script hardly matched the original script. I think that DBZ was the one that really butchered it, they changed the music(though it was cool) and what they were saying totally differs from what was originally said, but that's okay by me.

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Senior Member TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2014 12:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Well, I'm real big on the dubbing actually matching the mouths, for one.
    Secondly, Yajirobe is a shady, gloriously unrefined character; that might have been his attempt at being humble. The other possibility is that he feels that he will recieve money no matter what and so wants some franks to go in addition to the cash.
    Third, that isn't censorship; it's a silly dub at most. I've got the old US dub of Dragonball from before Funimation went back and redid it. It is the most clumsily edited bunch of stuff I have ever seen; they actually use carefully placed leaves and flowers for certain...indecent scenes (some of which are simply missing without explaination). They didn't even insert the foliage well. It wiggles and flickers onscreen. They also turned Bulma's panties into a wad of cash (when she and Goku go fishing for Oolong in the river). If you can, track it down, if only for the unintentionally humorous censoring.
    Fourth, I am grateful that the Japanese music was replaced. That was a horrible cacophany that almost never matched what was happening onscreen.
    Puppy Linux || Get it right. ||

If you would like to seek unification with my dynasty, simply plant the flag of the Central Asterikan Republic into your signature to join in the glory that is TheAsterism!

Closed Thread

Thread Information