AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: blaming the depressed

Alias's Child Prodigy! prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2008 01:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default blaming the depressed

ive been wondering... when people are depressed well some of them do odd things... some do really odd things and at times some people end up hurting others may it be with words or by actions physically or emotionally... these people may not really want to hurt these people but they just end up doing so out of confusion or desperation.. its like when you are drowning and someone tries to save you you tend to pull their hair painfully or even end up pushing them down on the water out of panic or something.... simply put if they were just not that depressed they wouldnt have done such things....

do you think they should really be blamed and hated for their actions?...

i also want to take this time to say that i am sorry for having said some horrible things in the forum... and also disturbing... if i have hurt a few people's feelings or simply irritated them i am sorry...

Thank you my little pet.
    Mode: P: A, S: C

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Depression may explain some peoples' actions, but it certainly does not excuse them for those actions. While it may be easy to alleviate the blame from a depressed person for, say, calling their best friend a poo head. You have to wonder, would you allow them the same sort of grace for shooting that friend in the back of the skull with a Tec-9? Certainly not.

Many of the students involved in various school massacres were considered to be depressed. Does that excuse them for the slaughter of several innocent people? No? The same also applies to people who commit crimes while under the influence of hallucinogenic drugs. Those people also have to answer to whatever crimes they commit even when they have no control of their body.

Therefore, being depressed may give answers to why people behave unusually, but those same people need to be accountable for their actions.

Eumorpha fasciata. MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2010 07:40 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1161-7211-1531

I'd still find a depressed person accountable for their own actions. I was diagnosed with major depression and even during my lower state of mind, I'm still in control of my own actions. Of course, I may be more likely to snap at people during those particular times, but I wouldn't use depression as my scapegoat. If anything, during those times I try to control my emotions and actions even more than usual as precaution.
    Depression doesn't FORCE people to react to others in bad ways, it's still up to that person on what actions they make while taking into account how they're feeling. Hopefully that makes sense.
    Slit your wrists and worship Keroppi.

Forsaken Beer Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Beer Beer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2013 09:39 PM
    Threads

Well lets say i am depressed and i decide to take you all down and then i realize what i did and i am sorry.Oh no worries it is forgiven.Does that sound logical?No.If you are depressed it doesn't mean you have the right to blame the whole world for it.If it were like that........it wouldn't be good.
    My job?Well being drunk.
    What do I do in my free time?In my free time I'm being drunk.
    Favorite place?The bar.
    Favorite drink?Heineken ftw!
    I don't brawl but be careful I might bite...

Was called Forsaken One once...

Senior Member Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2009 04:09 PM
    Threads

Well.. it depend on the situation though.
    First it's caoused by the missunderstanding. you might have a good intention but for the other you just very mean and unknowingly begun to show term of hostility.

Second you are depressed and try to realease it by do something mean and you really mean it

in the first condition i will try to help rather to hate because they need someone to support and encourage them.

but the second maybe i will hate them. even if they try to change there is nothing i could help since they have to find the solution by themself.

well if the situation can always setteled by apology even it already taken your precious thing without leaving any hatred maybe the world will be peace.
    But lets back to human nature. Can the word of apology be trusted alone?
    We observe all.....Then when do we move?
    We cant just wait and see right?
    Well just let your imagination works since we are the Phantoms
    Zieg Phantoms!!!

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think you're confusing "emo" for "depressed". Emos are not depressed. Emos are to depression what the MC Hammer slide is to dancing. If depression was a Japan, an emo would be a weeabo.
    Last edited by Eris; 02-28-2008 at 09:50 AM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Alias's Child Prodigy! prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well.. ive been thinking really that.. anyone who would pick up a rifle and start killing people at random is not just depression its more like insanity you know.. an insane person who could be depressed but its the insanity that made this person do such horrid things... i mean i can be depressed too but im not butchering my neighbors or anything...

but well like some said.. if you truely meant it i mean like the intention is really there to hurt people to alleviate some hurt in you i mean youre really accountable for that... but just like what phantom said it depends on the situation...

i guess at the moment when i er... oddly asked this question i wasnt thinking of grand scale evil things... just minor things like someone asking for immediate help and you just cant budge coz youre too depressed or something or i dont know... i forgot the title of the movie but there was this part where a woman lost her husband and she was in some serious levels of depression and she said soemwhere taht she's more like "disabled"... i mean not that its evil to be unable to do things... but if youre in a state where you are becoming unable to differentiate right from wrong anymore... maybe i dont know...

honestly.. i think i was just depressed when i popped this silly question... i mean... perhaps in my right mind which is i think right now i might not have?.. i guess thats an example... erkkkk...
    Last edited by prototypetetra; 02-28-2008 at 10:21 AM.

Thank you my little pet.

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2016 06:43 PM
    Threads

depression? in this rich and prosperous nation of ours? what's wrong with them people?
    I couldn't enjoy myself more if I tried, depressed people need to be thrown in a desert or something, so they can experience real depression and be happy with what they have for granted here.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2009 05:30 PM
    Threads

Make up your mind alread is it emo or depression?

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SGI View Post
    Depression may explain some peoples' actions, but it certainly does not excuse them for those actions. While it may be easy to alleviate the blame from a depressed person for, say, calling their best friend a poo head. You have to wonder, would you allow them the same sort of grace for shooting that friend in the back of the skull with a Tec-9? Certainly not.

Many of the students involved in various school massacres were considered to be depressed. Does that excuse them for the slaughter of several innocent people? No? The same also applies to people who commit crimes while under the influence of hallucinogenic drugs. Those people also have to answer to whatever crimes they commit even when they have no control of their body.

Therefore, being depressed may give answers to why people behave unusually, but those same people need to be accountable for their actions.
    Everything this one said.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i really dont know what this emo thing is all about.. from what ive heard emo's pretend to be depressed or its more like they just act like it... but doesnt that make them also depressed in some way? so why does it matter... emo or depressed... isnt it just the same in concept?...

Thank you my little pet.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Do you even READ?

I swear you're just posting to raise your post count and make others annoyed at your inane babble.

Emo = Emotional.

Emotional can either mean you're mad, sad, glad, optimistic, pessimistic, depressed, unstable... etc etc.

People just don't understand that emo is meant to describe a type of music that explains emotions.

For example, Bright Eyes is considered emo. But people who have never listened to the band assume that he's singing about sadness and slitting his wrists and all kinds of negative things because of stupid things high school kids say.

A lot of his songs are about happiness and gratitude. A -lot- of his songs make me happy when I'm sad, and cheer me up when I'm down.

Stop saying Emo = depressed/killing themselves. It's not true, and it's just grating my nerves.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Don't confuse the emo music with the emo subculture. What's being discussed here is the subculture, not the genre.

It may have started out differently from what it is today, but somewhere along the line it walked straight into the same pit the goth subculture did in the 90's. The typical emo attitude is that depression is "cool"/desirable. So they act like they're depressed, playing the razorblade violin on their arms and whatnot. They are however, in 99 cases out of 100, not depressed at all. In fact, they wouldn't know depression, (clinical depression, not the colloquial "brooding" meaning of the word), even if it punched them in the face with a pair of brass knuckles.
    Last edited by Eris; 02-28-2008 at 11:17 AM.

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 02:19 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post
    depression? in this rich and prosperous nation of ours? what's wrong with them people?
    I couldn't enjoy myself more if I tried, depressed people need to be thrown in a desert or something, so they can experience real depression and be happy with what they have for granted here.
    I'm inclined to agree, people can be depressed for a short time because of loss, and other personal or social problems. but in America I don't know...
    I will give you a personal story. so that you can relate to my point of view.

Last year a girl called me and told me she was... well pregnant. this is bad for me. Very bad. I go to college, and work 50 hours a week. so something would have to give, and it wouldn't be work. So I go about the year doing what is right you know, helping with bills, and going to the Dr. and what not. Well she start treating me like crap. I mean horrible, I start going to an attorney, and the process began. when the baby was born, and I got a paternity test done. Well it wasn't mine. Good right, I paid $7500 for the lawyer, and testing. pre-trial. then 2 weeks later I went to NY to see my uncle and sister. spent about $2k up there, came home and was laid off the next day. In the meeting I didn't feel a thing. I was great full that I didn't have to spend the rest of my life dealing with that woman. I just thought positive and moved on. about 6 months later I look back at the 9 months of pure hell because of how she treated me and my family, and I just fell great full.
    in addition I had a job my first year of college(2nd assistant manager at a McDonald's Oh my God that was hell in and of its self. High school kids where good employees if you know how to get them to work, but a 30 yo crew person will not listen to a 19 yo manager), lost my girlfriend and began to drink heavily party. Grades dropped, and it still causes me problems to this day. if you look at my wrest there are scars. but after leaving that job, and stop drinking and depending on others I got over my clinical depression.
    I just don't think that with all that we have to be great full for that people in this country have much to be depressed about. my attitude is if your depressed then get out and do something about it. take charge of your life.
    Last edited by demonplight; 02-28-2008 at 12:58 PM.
    [my stuff] I make my sigs.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by demonplight View Post
    I'm inclined to agree, people can be depressed for a short time because of loss, and other personal or social problems. but in America I don't know...
    I will give you a personal story. so that you can relate to my point of view.
    There's also the shocking prospect that material wealth may not be the same as happiness, that for happiness, there needs to be a challenge to overcome. That the joy lies in the attainment of your goals, not on the trophy rack.

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2016 06:43 PM
    Threads

Last year a girl called me and told me she was... well pregnant. this is bad for me. Very bad. I go to college, and work 50 hours a week. so something would have to give, and it wouldn't be work. So I go about the year doing what is right you know, helping with bills, and going to the Dr. and what not. Well she start treating me like crap. I mean horrible, I start going to an attorney, and the process began. when the baby was born, and I got a paternity test done. Well it wasn't mine. Good right, I paid $7500 for the lawyer, and testing. pre-trial. then 2 weeks later I went to NY to see my uncle and sister. spent about $2k up there, came home and was laid off the next day. In the meeting I didn't feel a thing. I was great full that I didn't have to spend the rest of my life dealing with that woman. I just thought positive and moved on. about 6 months later I look back at the 9 months of pure hell because of how she treated me and my family, and I just fell great full.
    in addition I had a job my first year of college, lost my girlfriend and began to drink heavily. if you look at my wrest there are scars. but after leaving that job, and stop drinking and depending on others I got over my clinical depression.
    I just don't think that with all that we have to be great full for that people in this country have much to be depressed about. my attitude is if your depressed then get out and do something about it. take charge of your life.
    You brought this on yourself
    1) you shouldn't just hook up with every girl you meet
    2) you should of used some sort of protection
    3) you should of made sure you are the parent before paying a single penny

Well at least it sorted itself out, and all is fine now.. see nothing to be depressed about

Quote Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
    There's also the shocking prospect that material wealth may not be the same as happiness, that for happiness, there needs to be a challenge to overcome. That the joy lies in the attainment of your goals, not on the trophy rack.
    A typical depression scenario in materialistic America

A: I'm depressed, I feel like killing myself
    B: Gees what happened?
    A: Banana Republic went out of business!!
    B: *kills him/herself*
    Last edited by Aizmov; 02-28-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

opportunity in this country (USA) is all around us. and before people say that not every one can take advantage of those opportunities, I know that and understand that, and I do take personal time and money to help people in need, so that they can take advantage of those opportunities.
    You brought this on yourself
    1) you shouldn't just hook up with every girl you meet
    2) you should of used some sort of protection
    3) you should of made sure you are the parent before paying a single penny

Well at least it sorted itself out, and all is fine now.. see nothing to be depressed about
    I know, and I take full responsibility of my actions, and took care of my business. I simply refused to be a bad father if he was mine. so I did all I could not to be like my father. and be there every step of the way regardless of her actions.
    as for the rest, I learned my lesson. I only drink scotch, or no more than 3 beers with my friends, with no women around, I don't go to bars or clubs, and I do more to be a more honorable, and constantly reflect on the the ramifications of what could have been.
    during the course of 14 months my personality violently changed, I am more mature, and think before I do something.
    Last edited by demonplight; 02-28-2008 at 01:07 PM.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Ai View Post
    Emo = Emotional.

Emotional can either mean you're mad, sad, glad, optimistic, pessimistic, depressed, unstable... etc etc.
    Not really. Emo isn't short for emotional, in the traditional meaning of the word. If you are refering to the musical genre, emo is short for emotive rock or something like that. But more popularly, emo is a slang term to categorize the fashion and attitude of high school kids and young adults that wear all black and say stupid things.

To prototypetetra: To answer your original thread question: If someone is depressed, that shouldn't excuse them from damage they cause during that depression period. Just like an angry husband killing his wife. Do you let him off just because he was mad when he murdered his wife? I wouldn't.
    Last edited by Kewii; 02-28-2008 at 03:04 PM.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

♥ Red Haired Boy jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:02 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by prototypetetra View Post

do you think they should really be blamed and hated for their actions?...
    Yes, they should. Depressed people should not have a lower standard of responsibility that they hold.
    ~I'll never wish on another star again~

Just another crazy girl...
    hungry for your
    hot love

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

To me, it depends on their level of control. If their minds are out of it, and they have limited free will, then I don't really blame them. But if it's not a heavy dpression, and they can still think and live a normal life, then there's no excuse for being like that.

prototypetetra, your thread describes me in many ways. I suffer from depression and lack of physical control, but I still blame myself for my actions, because I'm aware of what I'm doing and I have control of my mind atleast.

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Senior Member Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2009 09:29 PM
    Threads

I'm not one for definitive blanket statements like "is always" or "is never" because as they say, the devil is in the details.

If you want a slightly more concrete answer, I'd say that the jury can accept depression as a mitigating circumstance, but it isn't a valid defense, and if the crime is bad enough then you can probably forget getting off with a slap on the wrist.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

Quote Originally Posted by Ridana View Post
    I'm not one for definitive blanket statements like "is always" or "is never" because as they say, the devil is in the details.

If you want a slightly more concrete answer, I'd say that the jury can accept depression as a mitigating circumstance, but it isn't a valid defense, and if the crime is bad enough then you can probably forget getting off with a slap on the wrist.
    This.

If it's something as minor as lashing out at me or something, I might be pissed at first but think nothing of it after the fact. If they, say, shot up a school or broke something, I'd consider it unfortunate but they've still gotta be held accountable as appropriate.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Just because someone is depressed doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Different emotional states will cause some one to misconstrue events, and facts. this could cause them to do something that they would not do in a normal state. most laws state that a reasonable person, I don't know how far depression will take you from rational thought, but it may get bad enough so that this is all the person could think of. a form of insanity?
    MySpace FaceBook

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

Different emotional states will cause some one to misconstrue events, and facts. this could cause them to do something that they would not do in a normal state. most laws state that a reasonable person, I don't know how far depression will take you from rational thought, but it may get bad enough so that this is all the person could think of. a form of insanity?
    Severe clinical depression, involving doctor-prescribed medication, CAN be used as a defense in a court case I believe. It changes your behavior and outlook on life so drastically that you can begin to act like another person altogether. In fact, if you DON'T have that medication, many are unable to function properly in everyday life. In THAT case, I believe they're not particularly at fault at the moment, but should be committed to a psychiatric ward until the time comes when they're deemed healthy by the state/country/insert governing body here and given the medication to continue with their life.

I won't go into the reasons WHY they weren't being treated, or why they may not continue treatment after the fact, because each one then has a different level of accountability.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Closed Thread

Thread Information