AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: La Corda D' Oro

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2011 07:37 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default La Corda D' Oro

I stumbled upon this anime by accident. I didn't know what to expect from it. I watched it and was pretty impressed. I kinda like it and it's theme of music. Does anyone has some thoughts on this anime?

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2008 05:25 PM
    The Land That Public Transport Forgot, Great Britain :)
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I like Koruda a lot I've played it on PSP and I've just bought the manga so I can read the story through.

I got interested in it because of the neo festas and the various things the seiyuu did - particularly the songs by Taniyama Kishou of Granrodeo fame - but its a really nice series. And I loved the fact it involved so much beautiful classical music along the way. Very few series do that, so it was really nice to have that running through it. it actually made me get my violin out again after a long time not having played it! *LOL*

Yunoki and Tsukimori were my favourite characters, followed by Hihara for being insane. Or maybe I like Hihara because of Morita Masakazu's mad jumping around on stage during the neoromance lives...oh well, either or...

Vraie
    Vraie's Tenchi Muyou & Fushigi Yuugi Fanfiction at FFnet
    ----------------------------
    遥かなる時空の中で
    Reasons why the Hachiyou should never come to the Miko's world #1

泰明:問題ない。神子の世界では和歌ではなくカラオケなるものをするそうだ。
    永泉:空の。。。
    頼久:桶?!
    -----------------------------
    Avatar: Nakamoto Shou from Sotsugyou M.

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

I've watched until the 14th episode when it began to bore me.

At first the concept of music and hot guys really attracted me to the anime. But I hated the way they wrote it. The things that happen to the characters are not really what happens in the situations that the characters are placed in. The original author of the manga did not know anything about music prior to doing research on it and writing a manga about it. I feel that the things portrayed in the anime are not as geniune as they could be.

But I guess not all manga are meant to follow real life. Anyway, it makes for a good story I guess.

Senior Member hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna's Avatar
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2008 02:51 PM
    Threads

i stumbled upon the manga a few months back and i have to say that i enjoyed it a lot

VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by jinglefox View Post
    I've watched until the 14th episode when it began to bore me.
    The original author of the manga did not know anything about music prior to doing research on it and writing a manga about it.
    That's probably because she (I guess its a she, my books are still en route from Japan at present) was writing based on the precepts of a PS2/PSP game within the neoromance genre, and that put certain constraints on her musical accuracy. Because the game hasn't been released in the western market, it's more difficult to get the setting that all of this has come from so I guess I can see how you'd look at it that way. It's not meant to be a musical anime, however. It's meant to be a neoromance anime (reverse harem) based on the concept of Ruby Party's Kiniro no Koruda game and characters.

The game has a lot of similarities to the anime - the opening, RiRi, the way Tsuichura comes in late, Yunoki's attitude, the violin string breaking...the concours rounds, etc...all of those are fairly true to the game and the anime so the manga-ka was probably somewhat confined in that regard.

It's not so much the musical technicalities that make me like the series. I've learnt to play violin and clarinet and I know that it's impossible for someone to learn to play as quickly as Kahoko does, even with "magic".

But the characters entertain me, especially having seen them outside the anime in dramas and the like. I guess it's one of those things - you either like it or you don't, ne?

Vraie
    遥かなる時空の中で

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Quote Originally Posted by VraieEsprit View Post
    That's probably because she (I guess its a she, my books are still en route from Japan at present) was writing based on the precepts of a PS2/PSP game within the neoromance genre, and that put certain constraints on her musical accuracy. Because the game hasn't been released in the western market, it's more difficult to get the setting that all of this has come from so I guess I can see how you'd look at it that way. It's not meant to be a musical anime, however. It's meant to be a neoromance anime (reverse harem) based on the concept of Ruby Party's Kiniro no Koruda game and characters.

The game has a lot of similarities to the anime - the opening, RiRi, the way Tsuichura comes in late, Yunoki's attitude, the violin string breaking...the concours rounds, etc...all of those are fairly true to the game and the anime so the manga-ka was probably somewhat confined in that regard.

It's not so much the musical technicalities that make me like the series. I've learnt to play violin and clarinet and I know that it's impossible for someone to learn to play as quickly as Kahoko does, even with "magic".

But the characters entertain me, especially having seen them outside the anime in dramas and the like. I guess it's one of those things - you either like it or you don't, ne?

Vraie
    Oh hmmm... I didn't know that the manga was based on the game. I thought that the manga came first. I guess that changes my opinion of it a bit.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Yeah - it's like with Ange or HaruToki - the games came first, followed by manga, anime, drama CDs etc. Koruda's actually more straight forward because it has no OVA (yet - there is Koruda 2 on PS2 and so far nothing's been done with that in terms of anime, so you never know). HaruToki for example has three OVAs and a movie as well as the TV series based on the manga (that's based on the game...) HaruToki 2 and 3 each have an OVA/special...and Angelique is even more messed up and complex than that :-/ :S

Basically it's Ruby Party and Koei making more money - though there are a lot of anime series that began life as games *lol*

Vraie
    遥かなる時空の中で

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wow, someone posted! I actually gave up on this thread when no one would post for a long time. It's good to see that other people also like this anime. It's kinda unique isn't it? Its a good watch although I've been stck on ep 8 because I had a really choking schedule but now, I'm more flexible. I'll continue watching it.
    I think that Tsukimori's attitude is kinda cool but I'll probably find that annoying in real life.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

What I like about Tsukimori is that he isn't nice and cuddly for a lot of the time. But he is quite sweet, really...at least, I think so.

Yunoki is the class act though in that regard. He totally irked me with his "ouji-sama"-ness until about episode eleven, and then he suddenly got to be interesting. When I played it on PSP, I had Kahoko pursuing Yunoki and he was just the same in that once it got to a certain point, so it was a lot of fun *hehe*

The only one of the guys I don't like so much is Shimizu. He makes me laugh at his randomness but in real life I'd want to hit him. A lot. ^_^

Vraie
    遥かなる時空の中で

Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Shimizu? hehe, thats right, he's absent-minded most of the time. If I was Kahoko, I'll probably hit him to get his attention or to wake him up. Whats up with that guy? He falls asleep standing.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

The most (huh?!) Shimizu scene for me is when they're away at Fuyuumi's holiday house on their weekend away and they're all having a conversation about something...and Shimizu suddenly pipes in with "I just tasted something really nice. Maybe if I try everything again I'll work out what it was."
    And they all sort of stare at him for a moment as if trying to figure out what planet he's from.

In the live dramas mind you Fukuyama Jun is hilarious as Shimizu so I don't mind him so much then. He's not quite as classic as Kishio Daisuke (Yunoki) and Morita Masukazu (Hihara) are together on stage but he's still quite a kick. So I can't hate Shimizu completely because of that.

I think my Koruda character fandom has been dictated somewhat by external material which is probably a bad thing, but still...

Vraie
    遥かなる時空の中で

Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah, the holiday camp at Fuyuumi's house. Thats why I said that Shimizu is absent-minded most of the time. He does not pay attention to almost everything, even food. He also mentioned that if he wants to play, he'll play and play and the next thing he sees is the sun rising. hehe, funny guy, but you gotta be alert in real life though. Being absent-minded might cost you something big. It's anime anyway, so I guess he's fine.

Ona, ya mentioned something about live-drama, is there a live drama of La Corda D' Oro?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Mm, several mini dramas at the very least, at neoromance festas and lives. The one I was thinking of specifically with Fukuyama Jun was one from Neoromance Festa 7 (I think it was 7) with him and Itou Kentarou (Tsuchiura) when they got zapped first to the Angelique world then the HaruToki world...he's pretty funny in that.

There are quite a few others, though, which don't cross over into Ange and Harutoki at these festas. I still need to find some cash to buy the Koruda specific live show DVD so I don't know what things are on that...but certainly from Neoromance Festa 6 (or Neo live 1994) onwards there are Kiniro no Koruda dramas with two or three of the seiyuu involved.

There may be some on youtube - I have the DVDs so I'm not sure what may or may not be online but its possible there are some there under neofesta or the names of the seiyuu. They're not subtitled though - they're Japanese release DVDs - I don't know if that's important or if it isn't but I thought I'd mention it...

Vraie
    遥かなる時空の中で

Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

NO subs eh? thats ok, I can I understand japanese, I study it since I watch anime all the time and kinda got sick of reading the subs although my mastery of the language is not 100%. A live of La Corda D' Oro, I'll check it out after I watch the anime. There's been several things that needs my attention at the moment. Not much time for pleasantries.

Member Airrazor has a reputation beyond repute Airrazor has a reputation beyond repute Airrazor has a reputation beyond repute Airrazor has a reputation beyond repute Airrazor has a reputation beyond repute Airrazor has a reputation beyond repute Airrazor has a reputation beyond repute Airrazor has a reputation beyond repute Airrazor has a reputation beyond repute Airrazor has a reputation beyond repute Airrazor has a reputation beyond repute Airrazor's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2008 01:27 PM
    Threads

La corda d'oro it is such a wonderful and relaxing anime,tipical shoujo one.I like it very much because it's an anime about music(I'm a music lover) and instruments like the violin that I like the most.The opening theme,Brand new breeze it's really awsome,I listened it everytime.My favourite character is of course Hino Kahoko,she has a nice hair(I like red hair girls)and also that shy girl,I think Fuyumi is it.From guys I like Len Tsukimori,I know it is so arrogant and cold with people around him but he's awsome when playing the violin.
    Anyway,I have seen La corda d'oro last summer and I can't remember the all story and the characters so much but I said all it was important about it.
    Last edited by Airrazor; 04-03-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information