AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: you tube?

AF's Danish Guy Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Spinning Beach Ball Doom Gir Be Mine
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2013 06:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

1½ more year then i can buy it myself ^^

Member Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2010 09:55 AM
    Threads

The cheapest route I've found is Netflix they have just about everything anymore. Just do a search sometime I'm sure you'll be happy.
    A clever man who taught his flesh the way of steel, this lasting man of resolve and will.

Owned by LoliDoll Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2009 07:57 AM
    Threads

Definitely Veoh. It's probably one of the best site than YouTube for watching animes.
    ---

---
    Awesome set made by ~Wonderwice~!
    <3
    [ Ruler of Rose ; Skyla. ]

~[ R.I.P ]~
    Rebecca Medford-Edwards
    25 August 1992 - 23 November 2007
    Lesley-Jo Smith
    3rd March 1989 - 17th February 2008

Senior Member DreamScape has a reputation beyond repute DreamScape has a reputation beyond repute DreamScape has a reputation beyond repute DreamScape has a reputation beyond repute DreamScape has a reputation beyond repute DreamScape has a reputation beyond repute DreamScape has a reputation beyond repute DreamScape has a reputation beyond repute DreamScape has a reputation beyond repute DreamScape has a reputation beyond repute DreamScape has a reputation beyond repute DreamScape's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2010 06:50 PM
    Threads

veoh.com There is a lot of anime and with good quality

Senior Member ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2008 04:18 AM
    Threads

You can download them from Keepvid or Javimoya like I think I said before.

I found some sites where you can download manga.

BTW: I'm going to try those other video sites now.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2008 05:25 PM
    The Land That Public Transport Forgot, Great Britain :)
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I'm in two minds on this.

If it's available with an english titling/dub, I will buy it. I won't listen to the English dub, usually, and I don't always use the subtitles. But if it's circulating the English speaking market, I will buy it.

I have some anime from Japan, also, but it's much more difficult to get Japanese stuff if you live outside of Japan. So I tend to follow the rule that, when it's US licenced, I will buy it.

As someone else said, if you want good quality, buy the DVD. That's the bottom line - you get what you pay for.

On the subject of the struggling anime industry, it puts me in mind of KKM and Saiunkoku and the dropped licences.

But I stopped and thought about this - as someone who was planning on buying Saiunkoku once there was a complete season 1 box set in the US market.

If there weren't fansubbed versions online, then there wouldn't be a fandom outside of people who speak Japanese. Then, when the DVDs are licensed, there isn't a market already waiting for it to come. Of course, there will always be the people who want everything for free. But a lot of proper fans want to buy the actual DVD when one is made available.

BECAUSE I live in the UK, I won't buy single DVD volumes, only box sets from the US. This is due to customs duty, shipping and overall cost. Since none of the anime I watch is formatted in English language region 2, I have no idea what the licencing situation is regarding anime and the UK. Anime is really restricted in street stores in the UK anyway, particularly in rural areas. It's not as much of a culture here as it is in the US. So getting it is a lot of hassle.

But I consider myself a fan of the seiyuu who work on the anime projects. And because of that, I want to own the proper things where I can. It's the same reason that I tracked down all the Weiss Kreuz audio CDs, even though they were a: no longer in production, b: only ever sold in Japan and c: most of the songs I could have downloaded online. At the end of the day, after all, people earn a living from this stuff's success or failure.

However, the legal question aside - if you watch something on youtube and decide you like it enough to go out and buy it, is that harming or helping the anime industry in the end?

I watched Fushigi Yuugi up to episode 14 or 15 on Youtube originally. I got hooked. I went out and bought the box set of the TV series, OVAs and Eikouden. I completed the manga run. I'm buying Genbu Kaiden. I have at least one Genbu Kaiden drama CD and a Fushigi Yuugi laser disc from Japan. If Genbu Kaiden comes out as an anime, I will also be buying that.

If not for Youtube in the first place, I would never have gone beyond volume one or two of the manga, since I'd read that and got distracted onto other things...if my friend hadn't sent me the URL, I would never have laid out the money on the above.

Harukanaru Toki no Naka De has just been licenced in the US, and as soon as the whole series is out on DVD (probably 2009) I will be buying it, even though I've watched the series from fansubs to death before it was licensed. Because I watched that, I've bought the existing 14 volumes of Japanese manga, and I've acquired on Japanese DVD the few OVA episodes I've been able to track down for harutoki 1 and 2. I will also buy Kurenai no Tsuki, most likely, when it's released in March - even though I've already seen it.

It's something that can be debated to death...but I think that if you watch it on youtube as a preview then if you watch a lot of it you buy it as soon as its licenced, then there's no harm in watching on online sites.

I know the people who provide the Saiunkoku raws post them on VEOH. Saiunkoku's almost at the end of season 2 now, but Geneon dropped the licence in the middle of season 1. In that situation, even people who haven't watched the fansubs may have seen the first few licenced episodes before Geneon pulled the plug.

Are those fans seriously supposed to stop at episode 12 or 13 of a series and then not ever watch any more because a company has decided to cut a show from its line? If anime wasn't so stupidly expensive, more people would buy it in the first place.

That's how I feel, anyhow Watching anime on your PC sucks, so I'd be much happier if everything was easily acquireable on DVD.

Vraie
    Vraie's Tenchi Muyou & Fushigi Yuugi Fanfiction at FFnet
    ----------------------------
    遥かなる時空の中で
    Reasons why the Hachiyou should never come to the Miko's world #1

泰明:問題ない。神子の世界では和歌ではなくカラオケなるものをするそうだ。
    永泉:空の。。。
    頼久:桶?!
    -----------------------------
    Avatar: Nakamoto Shou from Sotsugyou M.

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 02:19 AM
    Threads

Get Anime Network. Or do like I do, find it used. say half.com. Movie stop. Down loading new series is one thing when it's not liscenced, but to say down load something like Ghost in the Shell is going to far. or you could get that dvd Internet rental thing. I know they have a but load of anime, and like $10 a month cant beat that is you don't want to but it. I know that downloading is a very attractive option, I know because I do it too. but I also buy them. I find one I like, Down load it, then buy it as soon as the box set comes out. and it is exspencive, but I want more anime to come out in the future, and I want more to come to america. so I buy it.
    Last edited by demonplight; 02-22-2008 at 05:15 PM.
    [my stuff] I make my sigs.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

Senior Member ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar has a reputation beyond repute ZeianStar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You should only download old Anime's like Yu-Gi-Oh! and Dragonball Z.

Senior Member inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2011 10:34 AM
    Threads

try crunchyroll.com..
    well, that's where i usually watch.. >.<
    MOVE ON. DO SOMETHING BETTER.

Junior Member barmajan is a splendid one to behold barmajan is a splendid one to behold barmajan is a splendid one to behold barmajan is a splendid one to behold barmajan is a splendid one to behold barmajan is a splendid one to behold barmajan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2008 06:01 AM
    Threads

I think there are high quality animation in you tube

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I want to watch Flame of Recca but I don't know where to find it?

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2011 07:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

When I feel like watching anime before, I went to the local Internet cafe and watched on either youtube or veoh, I guess they were pretty dependable even to this date. But when I got fed up when the Internet cafe was always full, I started buying DVDs. Now I got a vast collection of anime, well not really, I only have 30 anime titles. Anime is pretty expensive though, I had to get a part-time job to buy some.

You know here in the Philippines actually in various parts in Asia, pirated cds are found almost everywhere. At one time, I tried asking the price of a complete series of anime, the shopkeeper said "100 Php", that roughly translates to 2.50 USdollars, really cheap. But you get pixels the size of Legos when you buy em.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 02:19 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono XIII View Post
    When I feel like watching anime before, I went to the local Internet cafe and watched on either youtube or veoh, I guess they were pretty dependable even to this date. But when I got fed up when the Internet cafe was always full, I started buying DVDs. Now I got a vast collection of anime, well not really, I only have 30 anime titles. Anime is pretty expensive though, I had to get a part-time job to buy some.

You know here in the Philippines actually in various parts in Asia, pirated cds are found almost everywhere. At one time, I tried asking the price of a complete series of anime, the shopkeeper said "100 Php", that roughly translates to 2.50 USdollars, really cheap. But you get pixels the size of Legos when you buy em.
    you can get those here too. and it horable. you are expecting the real thing, the mail gets here and its a boot leg.
    [my stuff] I make my sigs.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 02:25 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: No Wii

The Thing I think everyone fails to realize, is just because we're all here doesn't mean that the Anime Industry is some powerhouse, we've been hit HARD in the last year, we lost Geneon and now A.D Vision isn't doing that great.

With everybody going to Piracy to get what they want, effectively what is happening is you are weakening a market which is already Niche.

Take for example Hollywood, which is a multibillion dollar Industry, even Hollywood is running "Don't steal our crap" Adds before movies, and they're things EVERYONE goes to see.

Now compare that to the ANIME Industry, where if you lined up 10 People, maybe ONE Might have a slight interest in it. - But you can get it for free right?

The problem is, you won't have an American/Canadian Industry anymore if the pirating keeps up, because Anime is ALREADY Niche and relies on people BUYING it to stay in business. By pirating, and being ONE person involved in the Niche market, you are effectively Killing the North American Industry.

I'm done.
    If Anyone has a question about the Anime Industry, be it "What to buy?" Or my opinion on a certain topic. Feel Free to IM Me.

Note: Please make it ledgible and readable before you send it(No Chatspeak please)

Note: Any Questions on "Where can I get things for free" or Piracy issues: Will be met with a Fist of an Angry God(Ignored)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'll stick to bad quality for now until when I'm big and get enough money to buy the 2-4 DVD box sets.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

crunchyroll feed your need.

chérir-- kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2009 12:11 PM
    Threads

Veoh works great! But seriously, buy the anime too >.<!

It only helps to buy it so anime can be more common in America, UK, Australia ...WERE EVER YOU LIVE! xD

All about supply and demand.

A very beautiful set made by KP ^_^.I love you so much!
    Thank you Lawlietth <3 I love it

Senior Member .-Himura-Kenshin-. has a reputation beyond repute .-Himura-Kenshin-. has a reputation beyond repute .-Himura-Kenshin-. has a reputation beyond repute .-Himura-Kenshin-. has a reputation beyond repute .-Himura-Kenshin-. has a reputation beyond repute .-Himura-Kenshin-. has a reputation beyond repute .-Himura-Kenshin-. has a reputation beyond repute .-Himura-Kenshin-. has a reputation beyond repute .-Himura-Kenshin-. has a reputation beyond repute .-Himura-Kenshin-. has a reputation beyond repute .-Himura-Kenshin-. has a reputation beyond repute .-Himura-Kenshin-.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2008 07:32 AM
    Threads

Hmm... You could probably Torrent it with BitTorrent or uTorrent and just play it on a media player but that would take a few days to download most likely. I use Megavideo they have more anime there than youtube anyways. I find it better quality too. Hope this helps

~Battousai
    Hitokiri "Battousai The Manslayer"

Master of Speed
    Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryu
    "Flying Heaven Honorable Sword Style"

My Favorite Quote -
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 02:25 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: No Wii

......Screw it *Throws in the Towel*

You guys wanna kill the anime industry? Be my guest, but don't cry to me when I laugh, and I laugh and I laugh, and you CRY when I tell you "I told you so"

We Lost Geneon,
    We're Losing AD Vision
    Media Blasters doesn't do crap all

And yet everyone that's posted here with the exception of VERY Few have been saying

"Go To Veoh, Use Stage Six, Etc, Etc, Etc,"

A Good portion of this froum? Lives in North America, and by money rights? SHOULD be able to purchase things

fact is? You don't want to, because once your minds see something, they quickly forget it and move on to something which they can get for Free.

So, At this little "Youtube" debate? I frickin' Give up, Kill the Anime Industry, Go ahead, It's obvious aside from very few people on here that all of you are being greedy, I've TRIED To be nice about it but the fact is, Your stealing from an Industry which is ALREADY in the hole and has another foot slipping in the grave.

I hope you enjoy filling in the dirt.

Yo ho fiddle de dee, we are a pirate.

I Frickin' Give up.
    If Anyone has a question about the Anime Industry, be it "What to buy?" Or my opinion on a certain topic. Feel Free to IM Me.

Note: Please make it ledgible and readable before you send it(No Chatspeak please)

Note: Any Questions on "Where can I get things for free" or Piracy issues: Will be met with a Fist of an Angry God(Ignored)

Senior Member Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2008 07:55 PM
    Take a turn at Lake Eerie, then swing by the Bermuda Triangle, and a right at the nearest McDonald's
    Threads

I say just deal with the low quality and enjoy what you like. The only problem with watching anime on youtube is the incontinuity with the episodes. So many people upload the same episodes, but cut them into either thirds or halves which usually leaves me to yelling at the computer when I start with episode 1: 1/3, click a button, and get episode 2: 3/3.

So far, I've been able to watch up to episode 12 of Princess Tutu, but the user who uploads the episodes has yet to put up 13. Which annoys me. A LOT. =/ That, and I'd rather not go to my parents asking to borrow money for the DVD set, if it's even out there.
    Last edited by Leorina; 02-23-2008 at 02:01 PM.
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by .-Himura-Kenshin-. View Post
    Hmm... You could probably Torrent it with BitTorrent or uTorrent and just play it on a media player but that would take a few days to download most likely. I use Megavideo they have more anime there than youtube anyways. I find it better quality too. Hope this helps

~Battousai
    Torrents are way to slow.

Closed Thread

Thread Information