AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Downgrade PSP to version 1.5 using PSP battery

Hybrid View

Junior Member leony is an unknown quantity at this point leony's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2008 02:13 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Downgrade PSP to version 1.5 using PSP battery

Lots of users downgrade their PSP to version 1.5 in order to upgrade to higher version such 3.51,etc.,because with a refresh PSP with a version 3.03 or above,you can run a lot more games and software applications without restriction on it. Do you know that your can downgrade your PSP system to version 1.5 all by yourself by turning your PSP battery into a pandora’s battery? All you need are an original PSP battery (with more than 50% charge) and a Memory Stick Pro Duo with 1GB memory or above.
    I. Get ready (Reformat PSP memory stick)
    Before you get started with the downgrade, you need to reformat your PSP memory stick. If you don’t know how to reformat it, you can refer to the steps below:
    1.Press the HOME button on the bottom left of your PSP.
    2.Use the arrow keys to move to the Settings area, then move the up and down keys to go to System Settings.
    3.Push the "X" button (or the “O” button, depending on which button is the “Enter” button of your PSP) and scroll to find the “Format Memory Stick” option. Push the "X" button again to select this option.
    4.Your PSP will now confirm that you want to reformat the memory stick, choose Yes and your PSP will be physically formatted in a few seconds.
    To do the downgrade, you also need to download an application pack. http://www.iskysoft.com/article/downgrade-psp-to-version1.5-using-psp-battery.html]Click here to get the application pack[/url]. After the downloading is finished, what you get will be a compressed application pack named “pandora”, decompress it to the root directory of a hard disc, say Disc H. In this “pandora” folder, you can see four folders including mspformat, msinst, battery and installer, and a file named UPDATE.PBP.

Now you are ALL ready to turn your PSP battery to a Pandora’s battery and use it to downgrade any PSP!
    II.Turn your PSP battery into a padora’s battery
    Step 1: Logically reformat your PSP
    Connect your PSP to your computer. And your PSP will be recognized as a new hard disc, say K. Then click Start -] Run, input cmd in the popped up dialog box, and click OK to enter DOS system. Use the below commands one by one to run the mspformat file:
    Input “H:”, and press the “Enter” Key on your keyboard. (Here H is the disc where the “panndora” folder is located)
    Input “cd pandora” and press the “Enter” Key on your keyboard.
    Input “cd mspformat” and press the “Enter” Key on your keyboard.
    Then input “mspformat.exe K” and press the “Enter” Key on your keyboard.
    (Here K is the name of the disc that your PSP is recognized on your computer.)
    After these commands, your PSP will be logically reformatted in a minute.

Step 2: Open the recognized PSP hard disc on your computer, create a new folder and name it “psp”, open this “psp” folder, create a new folder and name it “game”. Copy and paste the “installer” folder and the “battery” folder into the “game” folder. Then copy and paste the UPDATE.PBP file to the root directory of the PSP hard disc on your computer.
    Step 3: On your PSP, switch to the Game option, press X or O (depending on which is the “Enter” key of your PSP). Go to “installer” and press X or O to run it.

In a few seconds, a file named “msipl.bin” will be created on the root directory of your PSP memory disc. And now, you should take out your memory disc and then put it back in, which seems to be useless but is a very necessary step.
    Step 4: Connect to your PSP back to your computer. Then enter DOS system as mentioned in Step 1. Use the below commands one by one to run the mspformat file:
    Input “H:”, and press the “Enter” Key on your keyboard.
    Input “cd pandora” and press the “Enter” Key on your keyboard.
    Input “cd minst” and press the “Enter” Key on your keyboard.
    Then input “msinst.exe K K:\msipl.bin ” and press the “Enter” Key on your keyboard. (Here K is the name of the disc that your PSP is recognized on your computer.)
    When you see a popped up message asking if you are sure, click “Yes”.
    Step 5: Go back to your PSP, switch to the Game option, press X or O (depending on which is the “Enter” key of your PSP). Go to “battery” and press X or O to run it, press X or O to OK every popped up message to finish running the battery application.

Now, your pandora’s battery has been created!
    III. Use the created pandora’s battery to downgrade your PSP
    After you turn your batter to a PSP downgrade battery (pandora’s battery), you can use it to downgrade your PSP by following the instructions below:
    1. Take out your PSP Memory Stick and battery, then put back in your PSP Memory Stick first, and put your battery back in.
    2. Turn your PSP power on, when you see three options; select the Downgrade option, your PSP will be downgraded in a very short time and it will be automatically shut down afterwards.
    3. Turn your PSP on again, and you will see a blue screen. But no worries, you can just press the O key, and your PSP system is already version 1.5!
    Note: The above process will turn your PSP battery to a pandora’s battery that can be used for PSP downgrade. But the pandora’s battery cannot be used to play PSP games, videos or music. And the process is not reversible. You will need to get an additional PSP battery for regular uses. However, you can use your pandora’s battery to downgrade any PSP to version 1.5 or even repair for .
    Now, you can get a new battery and use your downgraded PSP to upgrade to 3.51 or high version for play downloaded games, view pictures, read digital books, and run various free applications unblocked!This is another part about refresh PSP system and I'll expatiate later.I travel very frequently for my work, and another big use of my PSP is to watch movies on big and wide screen of my PSP. I have lots of DVD movies, so I always put a few movies on my PSP if I am going to travel. I have tried a few tools and the one I am using is named iSkysoft DVD Ripper. The conversion quality is really good, and besides PSP, I can also use this application to put movies on iPod, iPhone, Apple TV and almost any players. I have been using it for a few months, and so far, so good! If you are running a Mac OS, I have noticed they also have a version for Mac users. But I have never tried it before since I am only running Windows XP on my computer.
    Last edited by leony; 02-15-2008 at 02:26 AM.

Junior Member d-thinkerdotcom is on a distinguished road d-thinkerdotcom's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2008 04:17 AM
    Threads

I use the PSP as a camera.

Do u know how to hack programs?

I have always wondered how to do that.
    x
    x x

x NGE
    x
    $

I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 02:25 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: No Wii

This belongs in Misc. Not General Anime.
    If Anyone has a question about the Anime Industry, be it "What to buy?" Or my opinion on a certain topic. Feel Free to IM Me.

Note: Please make it ledgible and readable before you send it(No Chatspeak please)

Note: Any Questions on "Where can I get things for free" or Piracy issues: Will be met with a Fist of an Angry God(Ignored)

Senior Member allaboutyou3678 has a reputation beyond repute allaboutyou3678 has a reputation beyond repute allaboutyou3678 has a reputation beyond repute allaboutyou3678 has a reputation beyond repute allaboutyou3678 has a reputation beyond repute allaboutyou3678 has a reputation beyond repute allaboutyou3678 has a reputation beyond repute allaboutyou3678 has a reputation beyond repute allaboutyou3678 has a reputation beyond repute allaboutyou3678 has a reputation beyond repute allaboutyou3678 has a reputation beyond repute allaboutyou3678's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2008 08:41 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by NovaStar View Post

Does anyone out there know there is a video game sub-forum.

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NovaStar View Post
    Actually this would go in the video games forum. But either way it doesn't go here.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

Junior Member grace88 is on a distinguished road grace88's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2008 04:16 AM
    Threads

nice thread,thanks for share

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2016 06:43 PM
    Threads

wrong forum

Closed Thread

Thread Information