AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Most Underrated Series

I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 02:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: No Wii

Default Most Underrated Series

Simply put, What is your most underrated series: Meaning, what series, do you like, that for some reason or another isn't popular, that you think deserves more Credit and fandom than it's been given.

With me? I'm going with Three.

Battle Doll Angelic Layer: Which is a 26 Episode Masterpiece about a girl named Misaki Suzuhara who's only goal is to reunite with her mother(Oh and she plays this really awesome game called.. Angelic Layer too) I think the series is an excellent series for all ages, and more people should see it if they haven't.

Noir: The first of three in Ryoe Tsukimura's girl's with guns series, I honestly think that this is required viewing for anyone who's an Anime fan, though it's a darker title, I think very highly of the of the series, It follows Kirika Yuumura, a young amnesiac as she looks for her memories on a "Pilgrimage" to the past along side the Assasin Mirelle Boquet "A most trustworthy assasin for hire" - I personally love this series, and it was the First series I saw that wasn't mainstream

Three: I've gotta go with: Nightwalker: The Midnight Detective: I picked this up for $5.00 brand new at a clearance sale, It's the best $5.00 I ever spent in my life. The series is 12 Episodes long and follows the story of Shido Tatsuhiko, a Vampire Detective, with help from his Demonfriend Guni and his Maid Riho, not to mention his Vessle Yayoi. I Nightwalker, I found was an excellent Series which is vastly underrated

What are some shows you think deserve more Credit?

Notes: This Thread was accidentally posted in The "Fruits Basket" Section of the Romance thread - if anyone can Delete the other post? much apreciated. - I Must've been out of it when I originally posted.

Gee Thanks Taco =p *Waits for the massive PM's of" "Where the heck is MY Box set of "Series here?" xDDD
    Last edited by NovaStar; 02-14-2008 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Title Error/Taco
    If Anyone has a question about the Anime Industry, be it "What to buy?" Or my opinion on a certain topic. Feel Free to IM Me.

Note: Please make it ledgible and readable before you send it(No Chatspeak please)

Note: Any Questions on "Where can I get things for free" or Piracy issues: Will be met with a Fist of an Angry God(Ignored)

AF's Resident FoodStuff Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2008 12:25 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Wii? What Wii?

Everyone knows Digimon, but i'm going to be a little more specific with this one.

Digimon Savers - Though everyone knows Digimon, five seasons tends to overwhelm the anime fan quite a bit. What really upset me about the reaction to Digimon Savers was that once the so-called hardcore digimon fans learned that

[A] The main character doesn't have goggles and
    [B] The main character doesn't have poofy hair

... they automatically decided "DUBYA TEE EFF? WHUT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO? NO GOGGLES? THIS ISN'T DIGIMON!"

And then they never see it.

I admit, for a long, long time, I was the biggest fan of Digimon Tamers and I didn't think it was possible for any Digimon season to replace my love for Tamers. Once Savers came along, I gave it a chance, saw three episodes, and moved on. I don't remember whether it was because I didn't have the time, or whatever, but I just ... stopped.

Then, I met one of my "older brothers." :3 He asked me to play a character from Savers, and that sparked my interest once more.

After viewing all 48 episodes of Digimon Savers, I must say, it more than fulfilled my expectations. I was absolutely absorbed in the series. I enjoyed this season more than any other season - Tamers included.

So, whenever someone tells me that Digimon Savers isn't a true Digimon season because of the 'no-goggles' thing?

I tell them "The Goggles: They do nothing." Because Digimon isn't about the goggles. It's about the interaction between human and digital monster alike.

I rest my case.

On another note, i'm going to bring more attention to Kiddy Grade, which is, might I say, absolutely amazing. :] And totally underrated. Papa got it for me for christmas and I marathoned it. <3 It. Was. Gorgeous.

for the sake of Kevin M. Connolly, i'm also going to say Rumbling Hearts. I have yet to see this series, but I've heard nothing but AMAZING things about it.
    Last edited by Taco!; 02-14-2008 at 01:12 AM.

SUPER TACO!
    AF's Resident Foodstuff
    (as proclaimed by NovaStar)

| Digimon Addict For Life |
    | Has love for Kimlasca|
    | ABYSS BLACK |

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Pumpkin Scissors.
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Member space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy is a jewel in the rough space cowboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2009 10:51 AM
    Threads

naruto

bleach

FMA

no one knows what they are [/sarcasm]

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 11:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I second Nightwalker.

And

Princess Tutu
    Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
    Shinesman
    Kodomo No Omocha
    Nadesico
    Lost Universe
    Maze
    Flame of Recca

Здравствуйте!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333's Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2020 08:46 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

OMG! Eureka Seven!!! None of my friends like it!

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

I do not know about countries beside mine,so I'll state the deal over here...

FIrst of all,Noir all the way...I'll go along with thing what you've said,and add that it's early anime that brought animation more close to reaility...

Then I would have to say Blue Gender,which is about the story of Yuji Kaido, an average guy who was diagnosed with a serious disease in the near future and was put into cryogenic stasis...When he wakes up, he discovers that a race of insectoid beings called the "Blue" have overrun the Earth and that he may very well be the key to the survival of the human race...

Beside,I think Gilgamesh deserves more attention...It's a masterpiece made by Masahiko Murata,and shows clear influences from the story known as the Epic of Gilgamesh, and from different scientific and archaeological influences as well...Plot development is brilliant,and complete story revolves between few groups: The Countess,the Orga-Superior,the Mitleid Corporation,the siblings, and the Gilgamesh. With the development of the plot, the past and motives of the characters, and their relationships with one another are exposed...
    It's quite dark and apocalyptic,with much psychological tension...
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2016 05:43 PM

Mine would have to be, Now and Then, Here and There.

A friend had recommended it, and it's really good. The series is a 13 episode adventure science fictional drama. I got it for only $30 at Best Buy. I don't know if it still costs that much, but I'm definitely glad I purchased this rare gem when I did.
    feed your monster

between light and shadow. naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2010 12:03 PM
    Threads

Gantz here no ones heard ofmit and you cant buy it anywhere

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 11:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by aishiteru333 View Post
    OMG! Eureka Seven!!! None of my friends like it!
    It actually sparked my interest when I caught it on Adult Swim. But I only watch series in order and it's difficult to do so when it's on TV. :/

I'm gonna add Shakugan No Shana to the list...because while it's well-known and worshipped in the fansubbing/raw cults, it doesn't get much attention here in America. Even though it WAS licensed.

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by daft View Post
    Mine would have to be, Now and Then, Here and There.

A friend had recommended it, and it's really good. The series is a 13 episode adventure science fictional drama. I got it for only $30 at Best Buy. I don't know if it still costs that much, but I'm definitely glad I purchased this rare gem when I did.
    I really, really want to see that. I've had horrible luck with it, every single chance I've had to purchase it, monetary wise something has stop me. Quite a little Murphy's Law saga in regards to that anime.

My all-time number one vote has to go with Legend of the Galactic Heroes. This epic 110 episode anime is one of the very, very few anime I have found to be practically flawless in execution. It has a slow moving, yet incredibly deep plot, and very, very well conceived characters. It has a cast of thousands, and some of the best plot twists I’ve seen in an anime. Yet it is virtually unheard of in the west.

My number two vote would have to go with Monster. This thriller anime puts the likes of Lain and Noir to complete shame. It has an ultra-realistic plot that deals heavily with Germany during, and after the Cold War. It is a real edge of your seat thriller that has you clamoring to watch ‘just one more episode’.

Senior Member StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2010 12:42 PM
    Threads

Gantz
    Claymore
    Berserk
    Ergo Proxy
    Dokuro-Chan
    Devilman
    Fist of the North Star
    Urotsukidoji
    Kite
    Ninja Scroll
    Macross

Uhh, pretty much everything I watch

Senior Member Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2010 12:17 PM
    Threads

Yes I completely agree: Noir.

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Short anime like Hanbun Tsuki no Sora (probably didn't get the name right -_-)! Bokura Ga Ita is nice too.
    Last edited by sa5m; 02-15-2008 at 06:12 PM.

between light and shadow. naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2010 12:03 PM
    Threads

FLCL pure brilliance thats never reached the shores of Britain

crazy and insane lameness shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2008 09:11 PM
    Threads

Kekkaishi
    Ueki no Housoku
    MAR
    Yakitate!! Japan
    Samurai 7
    Basilisk
    Eyeshield 21
    GTO
    Muhyo and Roji's BSI
    Fairy Tail
    Claymore
    Bokurano
    Samurai Deeper Kyo
    D.Gray Man
    Mx0
    Hunter x Hunter
    Jigoku Shoujo
    Shonen Onmyoji
    Air Gear
    Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
    Kindaichi Case Files
    Tantei Gakuen Q
    Black Cat
    Blade Of The Immortal

argh.................I forgot many but those are my favourites....which SHOULD be more famous and popular than they are now....
    Last edited by shirogane_hitsugaya; 02-17-2008 at 05:13 AM.

Sig made by Aya_TemariSan...Thanks, Aya!!! I love you!!!>.0

~Lolitaloid~ Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts 151 - Mew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2011 06:46 PM
    Threads

Hoshin Engi
    Buso Renkin
    Sakura Taisen
    Black Cat

Seriously i barely know anyone else who Know about these manga/anime.
    Set by me.

I was Hieko.

Senior Member Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2008 01:59 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hieko View Post
    Hoshin Engi
    Buso Renkin
    Sakura Taisen
    Black Cat

Seriously i barely know anyone else who Know about these manga/anime.
    i am in thr process of reading both Buso Renkin and Black Cat, and i must say they are boith well done, the art is fantastic (in my opinion) and it has a great story line(also my opinion)
    The further you go into the light, the longer your shadow becomes

Member larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm has a reputation beyond repute larivermm's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2008 08:36 PM
    Threads

Law of Ueki.
    Try it. It's quite an interesting one.
    --------------------------------------
    Try my YouTube stuff.
    Just search my username on YT!
    ---------------------------------------

AF's Resident FoodStuff Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco! has a reputation beyond repute Taco!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I'm going to second Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne!

Also going to add in Star Ocean EX and Chrno Crusade~

Edit: and Sister Princess, and i'm going to agree with Noir and Black Cat~
    Last edited by Taco!; 02-19-2008 at 12:42 PM.

SUPER TACO!
    AF's Resident Foodstuff

| Has love for Kimlasca|
    | ABYSS BLACK |

I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 02:25 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: No Wii

Quote Originally Posted by Taco! View Post
    I'm going to second Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne!

Also going to add in Star Ocean EX and Chrno Crusade~

Edit: and Sister Princess, and i'm going to agree with Noir and Black Cat~
    Your Damn Right you're gonna Agree with Noir I mean... Hi... yeah...

Sister Princess is Also very good, for a Harem.

If Anyone has a question about the Anime Industry, be it "What to buy?" Or my opinion on a certain topic. Feel Free to IM Me.

Note: Please make it ledgible and readable before you send it(No Chatspeak please)

Note: Any Questions on "Where can I get things for free" or Piracy issues: Will be met with a Fist of an Angry God(Ignored)

S-Class Kusa-nin Engi no Juushichi has a reputation beyond repute Engi no Juushichi has a reputation beyond repute Engi no Juushichi has a reputation beyond repute Engi no Juushichi has a reputation beyond repute Engi no Juushichi has a reputation beyond repute Engi no Juushichi has a reputation beyond repute Engi no Juushichi has a reputation beyond repute Engi no Juushichi has a reputation beyond repute Engi no Juushichi has a reputation beyond repute Engi no Juushichi has a reputation beyond repute Engi no Juushichi has a reputation beyond repute Engi no Juushichi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2008 07:22 AM
    Threads

Hoshin Engi is an underrated series.
    Eyesheild 21. =o An actual well-done sport anime.

Finally, the greatest of them all.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. If you haven't seen this yet, you're missing out. That's all I have to say.
    (Thanks to Sushyisama <3)
    Anywho, I've remade my appearance again. <3
    [Btw Juushichi = 17 = 17th. Now you know.]

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Juushichi View Post
    Hoshin Engi is an underrated series.
    Eyesheild 21. =o An actual well-done sport anime.

Finally, the greatest of them all.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. If you haven't seen this yet, you're missing out. That's all I have to say.
    My big brother and his best friend are both HUGE fans of Gurren Lagann. o:

On another note, i'm agreeing with Angelic Layer and adding in Madlax~
    Last edited by Taco!; 02-19-2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: haha, BBCode error ftw! || BBCode error x2!

SUPER TACO!
    AF's Resident Foodstuff

| Has love for Kimlasca|
    | ABYSS BLACK |

Junior Member Hayanshii has a reputation beyond repute Hayanshii has a reputation beyond repute Hayanshii has a reputation beyond repute Hayanshii has a reputation beyond repute Hayanshii has a reputation beyond repute Hayanshii has a reputation beyond repute Hayanshii has a reputation beyond repute Hayanshii has a reputation beyond repute Hayanshii has a reputation beyond repute Hayanshii has a reputation beyond repute Hayanshii has a reputation beyond repute Hayanshii's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2008 03:18 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by shirogane_hitsugaya View Post
    Kekkaishi
    Samurai Deeper Kyo
    D.Gray Man
    Hunter x Hunter
    Air Gear

I agree with you on these...I haven't seen the others.
    Along with Noir, and Angellic Layer.

And Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne deserves more credit. I'm picky, and if it's good enough to hold my attention until I finish the series, then it's VERY good.

...What was that about again?...

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2008 05:25 PM
    The Land That Public Transport Forgot, Great Britain :)
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I watched Koisuru Tenshi Angelique season 1 and 2 recently, just because I wanted to complete the neoromance set. I'm already hooked on Kiniro no Koruda and HaruToki, so it made sense. I'd seen Angelique OVAs and they were okay, but I really liked the Angelique Etoile TV series. The characters were really well handled. It definitely falls into the underrated category, though, since noone has bothered to fansub it, it hasn't been US licensed (as far as I know), etc. Since Angelique is the oldest of the neoromance games, it seems a shame...

I also feel thanks to the licence being dropped by Geneon, Saiunkoku Monogatari doesn't get enough attention. It's possibly one of the best thought out, most intelligently written storylines in current anime, and it deserves a lot more credit than it generally has. I hope someone else picks up the licence for it soon, because it will be a crying shame if it's not better marketed.

And I would say Harukanaru Toki no Naka De except that it has just been licensed so I don't know what impact that will have when it hits the US market. :P

Otherwise...I really liked Princess Princess. It's almost as much a favourite with me in the shounen-ai department as Gravitation, because Touru and Yuujirou are such neat characters

I seem to be developing a bad habit however of watching less and less of the mainstream anime series.

I watched a bit of Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne after I finished Full Moon O Sagashite, but I couldn't get into that. I think it was the complete butchering of the Jeanne D'Arc story that stopped me - not because there was anything wrong with it as a plot, but because I did my degree in Mediaeval history and my dissertation was on that particular period and its aftermath...so its kinda hard to see it in anime lights *lol*

Vraie
    Last edited by VraieEsprit; 02-20-2008 at 05:00 AM.
    Vraie's Tenchi Muyou & Fushigi Yuugi Fanfiction at FFnet
    ----------------------------
    遥かなる時空の中で
    Reasons why the Hachiyou should never come to the Miko's world #1

泰明:問題ない。神子の世界では和歌ではなくカラオケなるものをするそうだ。
    永泉:空の。。。
    頼久:桶?!
    -----------------------------
    Avatar: Nakamoto Shou from Sotsugyou M.

Closed Thread

Thread Information