AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: [SGI News] Lawsuit Special!

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 01:30 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [SGI News] Lawsuit Special!

Man Escapes Jail, Sues Jail After Hurting Himself During Escape
    Scott Anthony Gomez Jr. filed a lawsuit in January against jail officials in Pueblo County, Colo., alleging among other things that they failed to take security precautions to prevent him from escaping. He seriously injured himself last year when he fell 40 feet while scaling a wall in his second escape attempt. He said that, after his first escape, he had told then-sheriff Dan Corsentino how lax security was, but that no "improvements" had been made.

Do You Want To Know More?

Drunk Driver Lies to Police, Sneaks Away and Crashes, Sues Police

In October, Korie Hoke filed a $1.6 million lawsuit against the Tempe, Ariz., police, claiming that it was actually an officer's fault that she, after a New Year's Eve bender, crashed into a cement wall and suffered serious injuries. Hoke had called police to a party, distraught that she had caught her boyfriend cheating on her, and the officer summoned her parents to pick her up. (Hoke was cited only for underage drinking, but she later tested above the blood-alcohol legal limit.) The officer, after obtaining Hoke's assurance that she would await her parents and after searching Hoke and her car and finding no car key (Hoke had hidden it), left the scene. Hoke then drove away and crashed, and now claims it was the officer's fault for not staying with her.

Man Doing 100mph in a 55mph Zone, Kills Boy, Sues Family for Car Damage
    In August 2004, business executive Tomas Delgado, driving 100 mph in a 55 mph zone, fatally smashed into a 17-year-old bicyclist near Haro, Spain. In 2006, Delgado sued the boy's family for the equivalent of about $29,000 for damage to his car, and the lawsuit languished until January 2008, when, perhaps shamed by worldwide publicity, Delgado dropped it.

And now just for fun...
    Shoplifter Falls on His Sword...
    A 26-year-old accused shoplifter was hospitalized in Grand Rapids, Mich., in January after he got into a scuffle with a department store security officer. He had allegedly stuffed some knives under his clothes, and when he was knocked to the ground, he accidentally fell on several of the blades.

And finally,
    Whoops!
    According to police in Honolulu in January, it was Ellis Cleveland who robbed four banks within a five-day span, and that's what an officer said to him as they arrested him. Responded Cleveland, "Four. I didn't do four. I only robbed three banks. But it doesn't matter because I'm not talking to you guys. I want a lawyer." Police later said that Cleveland was not counting the attempted robbery on Dec. 31 of the Bank of Hawaii because, after three different tellers tried unsuccessfully to decipher his holdup note, Cleveland gave up and walked out empty-handed.

It's a sad thing that stupid Lawsuits are now a regular part of society. Remember when people were amazed when those women sued McDonalds for making them too fat? Or the robber that broke his leg while skulking around in the dark and sued the homeowner?

Now we are no longer shocked by this. Fortunately, for every stupid lawsuit there is a stupid criminal getting caught due to the aforementioned stupidity.

Good Day.

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 04:34 PM
    Threads

I have two storys (no link) which makes me even more angry than the sueing above.
    A nurse broke 3 ribs of a man whilst performing CPR to keep the man alive - in responce the saved man sued for the 3 broken ribs

story 2
    a man is involved in a biking accident and the doctors have to cut away his boot to save is foot - in responce he sues for a new pair of boots

Just goes to show that the atmosphere and society of lawyers and sueing breeds one with a total lack of responcibility, respect for others and a lack of gratitude

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

Senior Member unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2008 09:41 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    I have two storys (no link) which makes me even more angry than the sueing above.
    A nurse broke 3 ribs of a man whilst performing CPR to keep the man alive - in responce the saved man sued for the 3 broken ribs

story 2
    a man is involved in a biking accident and the doctors have to cut away his boot to save is foot - in responce he sues for a new pair of boots

Just goes to show that the atmosphere and society of lawyers and sueing breeds one with a total lack of responcibility, respect for others and a lack of gratitude

OMG!!! What is wrong with this world.
    MAKE FUN OF MY TASTE IN MUSIC:
    http:///www.last.fm/user/unforgiven_hope/

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by unforgivenhope View Post
    Since you are actually surprised by this, you have not yet seen enough of this world. You will learn, in time.

Senior Member unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope has a reputation beyond repute unforgivenhope's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2008 09:41 PM
    Threads

I"m not surprised and I have heard of far worse, but still thats just sick.
    MAKE FUN OF MY TASTE IN MUSIC:
    http:///www.last.fm/user/unforgiven_hope/

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well then I withdraw my previous statement. And as a means of apology I offer another odd news story.

Please Be Tolerant Of Our Beliefs
    Officials of Hyde Park Baptist Church in Austin, Texas, initially agreed to host the annual multi-denominational Austin Area Interreligious Ministries Thanksgiving celebration last year, but abruptly canceled when they came to realize that Muslims might actually pray there. Under criticism, the church said that it "hopes" the religious community "will ... be tolerant of our church's beliefs" that necessitated the decision.

I have a feeling I may just open a big can of worms...

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

possibly Dune Worms!
    but in all honesty, the preachings and practices of many religeous groups are often at odds with each other. They will say one thing and do quite another - and this is just such a case - it also shows how small minded their ministers in that area are being with refrence to muslims.
    (its also displaying the power of the media in scare mongering)

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2015 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unforgivenhope View Post
    It's not this world, it's the anglosaxon legal tradition. In most corners in the world, if you tried to pull something like these things off, the judge would laugh you in the face, and throw you out of the courtroom.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think it would be more amusing if the Judge ordered the aforementioned party's tongue cut out. Now THAT would be amusing.

The Rocker Witch Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2008 01:51 PM
    Threads

This just proves that people aren't afraid to make a clown of themselves in public.

Hey, wasn't there one about a judge filling a lawsuit against a laundry because they ruined his favorite pair of pants last year?
    The Member Formerly Known as ~*Haru*~

[ This is my World, and you can't Join it ]
    Inhumane and Beautiful

You're a 90's kid when...
    You know that, before SpongeBob, the Snorkels inhabited the bottom of the Sea.

[~Set done by Megami~]

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    This just proves that people aren't afraid to make a clown of themselves in public.

Hey, wasn't there one about a judge filling a lawsuit against a laundry because they ruined his favorite pair of pants last year?
    Why yes there was.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 02:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

overwatch: Wait, she had to break three of his ribs to perform CPR, or broke them while performing it somehow?

I mean, if it was like:

Nurse: "*chest pump* *chest pump* *chest pump*"

My Ribs: *snap crackle pop*

Nurse: "Whoops."

I'd sue too.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

breaking ribs whilst performing CPR is always a risk - but why would you sue -- you'd be dead otherwise!
    I would rather 3 broken ribs and be alive than no borken ribs in the coffin!

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I believe it is something like the risks when performing a triple bypass operation. There are a lot of factors that can go wrong in such an operation. Should the patient not make, unless something very sketchy occurred during the operation, the family of the deceased wouldn't sue.

It's the same with CPR, since you're pressing down on the ribcage, there is a good chance one of them will break. So suing the nurse is utter stupidity.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 02:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

Well if it's a known hazard then nevermind, I was referring to incompetence.

If it was her screwing up, and they charged me for fixing my ribs, hells yeah I'd hand her the bill for that. If they're protected against that because that's a common risk, then it wasn't a "Whoops" moment, they're not legally liable and I wouldn't kvetch about it.

Closed Thread

Thread Information