AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: xbox 360 or ps3

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • xbox 360

38 44.71%
  • Ps3

47 55.29%
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Ps3 or Xbox 360?

Junior Member god_that_failed is on a distinguished road god_that_failed's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2008 11:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Taking into consideration the failure rates of each, I perfer the 360. This is because I like the games on it more than the ones on the PS3, simple as that. I don't care about blu-ray or HDDVDs or how much power one console has over the other, if the games are better on one system than they are on another, then that's my perfered system.

My perfered system may change later on, since the PS3 has quite a few titles coming out that look like their made of awesome. Only time will tell.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by god_that_failed View Post
    Taking into consideration the failure rates of each, I perfer the 360. This is because I like the games on it more than the ones on the PS3, simple as that. I don't care about blu-ray or HDDVDs or how much power one console has over the other, if the games are better on one system than they are on another, then that's my perfered system.

My perfered system may change later on, since the PS3 has quite a few titles coming out that look like their made of awesome. Only time will tell.
    There aren't that many exclusive titles on 360 though. The only two I can think of that are of any worth are Halo 3 (the most humdrum FPS of all time) and Dead Rising. And I'm pretty sure that Halo 3 will be ported to the PC like the other 2, where it will be ignored because the PC is already swimming in decent FPS and doesn't need a watered down one.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Blathering Blatherskite Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2009 05:51 PM
    Threads

While also on PC Gears of War is a fun game. I love my 360 but I'll eventually be getting a PS3 due to the exclusives they have coming out (God of War, Final Fantasy XIII, and Disgaea 3). I wish I had the cash to buy it from walmart.com right now (not sure if its still going on). They have a deal where you buy a PS3 (40gb i think) and you get a $100 walmart gift card. Not too shabby at all.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Gallen is on a distinguished road Gallen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2008 12:26 AM
    Threads

YA I KNO WAT U TALKIN BOUT I TRYD OUT A FRIENDS XBOX AN THE GAMES WERE BETTER THAN THE 1s ON MY PS2
    I savin up 2 buy a 360

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Gallen is on a distinguished road Gallen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2008 12:26 AM
    Threads

360 360
    I NEED 2 GET A 360 cause sony is hammerin the nails in my coffin...

The two armed man!!! Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2009 11:14 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pita26

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    There aren't that many exclusive titles on 360 though. The only two I can think of that are of any worth are Halo 3 (the most humdrum FPS of all time) and Dead Rising. And I'm pretty sure that Halo 3 will be ported to the PC like the other 2, where it will be ignored because the PC is already swimming in decent FPS and doesn't need a watered down one.
    Gears of War is a decent and respectable game as well. And while it may be on Vista, it still isnt on PS3, so that helps it gain points for this topic (considering this is a PS3 vs. 360 thread)

And really, I didnt find Deadrising to be that worth it. Dont get me wrong, I really did love the game and its fun to pick up and randomly start playing whenever, but it gets pretty old after the first playthrough...

But in either case, after tomorrow, my 360 wont be seeing the light of day for a looooong time. For 2 reasons, actually.

1. Metal Gear Solid 4!!! WOOOOOT!
    2. I gotta send my 360 into microsoft. Yea red ring of death...ugh...onto my 4th...or will this be my 5th?...xbox...yea...
    My art thread.
    My Deviant Art page.

Thanks for the avvy and sig Bucky Katt!
    Are you a fan?

Junior Member milohuang is on a distinguished road milohuang's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2011 10:46 AM
    Threads

PS3, SURE THING...
    The idea of PS3 is greater than XBOX360 though Microsoft is my favorite corporation
    ------------------------
    TheAkiba : Your Portal to Japan
    ------------------------

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Proxy View Post
    4. Microsoft X360 consoles actually die on you :

You heard me. About every third X360 sold will die on you, and I'm not bullshitting you.
    Microsoft has even admitted that all consoles are faulty, but only 33% of them die. (Giving you Red Ring Of Death)

While Sony Playstation 3's have a failure rate of only 2%, that's even less than Wii's 3%.

For those who don't beleive the 33% amazingly high dieing rate..you can read further over here :

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_36...nical_problems
    * http://www.ripten.com/2007/07/03/fai...3-less-than-1/
    * http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=119888

This happened few days ago : http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technolog...h_returns.html
    Well, it still hasn't gone haywire on me yet and got it a year ago. I'm pretty much the 64% that still has their 360 and I just disproved the 33% dieing rate (it's actually a 1% for me). And even it did, I just take my uncle's, he has two. The PS3 and the Wii have a 33% death rate. My little brother's first PS3 faced hardware failure upon buying it and the Wii that my dad bought faced a disk reader problem that was announced from last year. I win and you lose now go home.
    Last edited by Light Buster; 07-10-2008 at 12:04 PM.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Junior Member xReaperx has a reputation beyond repute xReaperx has a reputation beyond repute xReaperx has a reputation beyond repute xReaperx has a reputation beyond repute xReaperx has a reputation beyond repute xReaperx has a reputation beyond repute xReaperx has a reputation beyond repute xReaperx has a reputation beyond repute xReaperx has a reputation beyond repute xReaperx has a reputation beyond repute xReaperx has a reputation beyond repute xReaperx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2008 09:47 PM
    Threads

I say ps3 because sometimes if you can use the controller like a wii controller and thats just awesome.

By Gandizzl
    Thank you so much

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hecticmaniac View Post
    Well, it still hasn't gone haywire on me yet and got it a year ago. I'm pretty much the 64% that still has their 360 and I just disproved the 33% dieing rate (it's actually a 1% for me). And even it did, I just take my uncle's, he has two. The PS3 and the Wii have a 33% death rate. My little brother's first PS3 faced hardware failure upon buying it and the Wii that my dad bought faced a disk reader problem that was announced from last year. I win and you lose now go home.
    Your personal observations don't really matter, because you have a limited point of view. It's called statistics. Small samples will not yield accurate results. Using a large sample, 33% of X-Boxes die within 2 years. Simply because your's hasn't died in half the time that number is based on does not disprove it. Very few Wii's and PS3's will die within 2 years of purchase. That's just the facts.

But if your really want to go for living in your dream world, you can start by providing some sources that agree with you, like he did.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 07-11-2008 at 12:39 AM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

I think the 360 is a better console but PS3 has better games, which is the ultimate decider for me. Nothing can stop me from owning MGS4 and FFXIII

Closed Thread

Thread Information