AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Manga Suggestions

Junior Member Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2008 02:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Somewhere over the rainbow with a bag of skittles.
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 463983150312

Default Manga Suggestions

Does any one have any? I like Romance and Drama. Like Paradise Kiss, Absolute Boyfriend and NANA. Something that kinda gets me on the edge of my seat y'know? If you know any please post.

AF's Hopeless Romantic Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 09:14 PM
    in the Heart of the lady destined for me.
    Threads

I myself am a big fan of Paradise Kiss and NANA ^^!

I'm not too sure if it's been translated/licensed by an American publisher but an anime/manga I highly recommend to you is:

Honey and Clover

It's a wonderful slice of life anime that revolves around a group of friends and their years in an art college. The character development is awesome and the anime starts off with a lot of humor but as it progresses it becomes more dramatic.

Another anime I will recommend to you that IS licensed by a manga publisher (Del Rey) is:

Nodame Cantabile

While the art style took a while to get use to, it is a fun light-hearted manga that revolves around a girl with a knack for the piano and a lack of hygiene who finds solace in her male sempai...a musical genious who harbors a fear of traveling (thus holding him back from achieving his dream).

So yeah these my recommendations to you.

Nodame Cantabile has spun off into a surprisingly wonderful JDrama and the anime is simply gorgeous (the concert scenes are literally music to my ears). The manga's art style differs than the animes (I prefer the anime's approach) but the story remains the same and the story is nicely condensed and flows beautifully.

Honey and Clover is by far one of my favorite animes of all time. My heart sank and soared for every character in the anime. There isn't a character I disliked or thought was "useless" in this anime, everyone has their own story to tell. Although I'm not certain if the USA has licensed/published Honey and Clover, the anime is availible through various sub-groups around the internet (Honey and Clover has 2 seasons...season 1 is wondeful while season 2 fills in plot holes left in season 1 and brings the series to a close). There was also a live-action movie of Honey and Clover that was released in Japan. Although it tries to condense most of season one into one full-length film, it didn't have the full charm of the anime/manga (although it wasn't half-bad and it DID have the Yamada kick so I'm not complaining).

I'm a guy who enjoys his share of fan service and shonen action but these two animes I simply fell in love with and opened the door to Paradise Kiss and NANA ^^.

I hope these animes touch your heart like it did mine and hopefully you're not a sucker for emotional scenes like me haha got a little teary-eyed watching some episodes of Honey and Clover >.<!

Alrighty that ends my rant.
    Last edited by Tenchi Masaki; 02-02-2008 at 11:17 AM.

People that I think are awesome aka ones I admire and the ones that think I'm a nice guy:
    ~ Celessa Avalon ~ Raye Hino Tora_no_Umei Nyanko Tears

Junior Member Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun has a reputation beyond repute Hunny~Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Masaki View Post
    I myself am a big fan of Paradise Kiss and NANA ^^!

I'm not too sure if it's been translated/licensed by an American publisher but an anime/manga I highly recommend to you is:

Honey and Clover

It's a wonderful slice of life anime that revolves around a group of friends and their years in an art college. The character development is awesome and the anime starts off with a lot of humor but as it progresses it becomes more dramatic.

Another anime I will recommend to you that IS licensed by a manga publisher (Del Rey) is:

Nodame Cantabile

While the art style took a while to get use to, it is a fun light-hearted manga that revolves around a girl with a knack for the piano and a lack of hygiene who finds solace in her male sempai...a musical genious who harbors a fear of traveling (thus holding him back from achieving his dream).

So yeah these my recommendations to you.

Nodame Cantabile has spun off into a surprisingly wonderful JDrama and the anime is simply gorgeous (the concert scenes are literally music to my ears). The manga's art style differs than the animes (I prefer the anime's approach) but the story remains the same and the story is nicely condensed and flows beautifully.

Honey and Clover is by far one of my favorite animes of all time. My heart sank and soared for every character in the anime. There isn't a character I disliked or thought was "useless" in this anime, everyone has their own story to tell. Although I'm not certain if the USA has licensed/published Honey and Clover, the anime is availible through various sub-groups around the internet (Honey and Clover has 2 seasons...season 1 is wondeful while season 2 fills in plot holes left in season 1 and brings the series to a close). There was also a live-action movie of Honey and Clover that was released in Japan. Although it tries to condense most of season one into one full-length film, it didn't have the full charm of the anime/manga (although it wasn't half-bad and it DID have the Yamada kick so I'm not complaining).

I'm a guy who enjoys his share of fan service and shonen action but these two animes I simply fell in love with and opened the door to Paradise Kiss and NANA ^^.

I hope these animes touch your heart like it did mine and hopefully you're not a sucker for emotional scenes like me haha got a little teary-eyed watching some episodes of Honey and Clover >.<!

Alrighty that ends my rant.
    Nice! I am Lol. I cried at the end of both animes. I thought "Why George? You too Isabella?!" At the end of NANA I was like "Who's that little girl? Whoa is that Shin?!" Lol. I started watching Honey and Clover but then we lost our internet for like MONTHS. Then when we got it back I forgot about it. Lol. Finally someone who understands lol.
    Emo Is Love~

AF's Hopeless Romantic Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Omgosh Paradise Kiss's ending...when "Caroline" was all set to see the play in New York...oh man so sad when you find out that outcome.

I have yet to Finish NANA (Following Shojo Beat's pace, I think they're only up to volume 9) so I 'm glad I didn't understand the phrases in your posts haha, just give it time I should be finished with it soon. I know the anime is out but I want to read the manga first and then view the anime to see if there are any differences in how they present the story.

Honey and Clover's ending for season one was just a waterfall of tears for me. Season 2's ending was actually very well done but I guess I liked the ambiguiety (sp?) of season 1's ending because it left you thinking.

So yeah finish Honey and Clover and when you have time start Nodame Cantabile. That anime is light-hearted for the most part but has a great mix of drama and opens your mind to the world of classical music ^^.

People that I think are awesome aka ones I admire and the ones that think I'm a nice guy:

Loveless Traveler Kyokuns_true_Love has a reputation beyond repute Kyokuns_true_Love has a reputation beyond repute Kyokuns_true_Love has a reputation beyond repute Kyokuns_true_Love has a reputation beyond repute Kyokuns_true_Love has a reputation beyond repute Kyokuns_true_Love has a reputation beyond repute Kyokuns_true_Love has a reputation beyond repute Kyokuns_true_Love has a reputation beyond repute Kyokuns_true_Love has a reputation beyond repute Kyokuns_true_Love has a reputation beyond repute Kyokuns_true_Love has a reputation beyond repute Kyokuns_true_Love's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2008 11:44 AM
    Threads

Try Vampire Knight or Skip Beat.
    Those one's are really quite good ^.^
    If you've already done those, then try Hana-Kimi (Hanazakin wo Kimitachi he)
    Also, you could try Alice 19th, I really enjoyed that one.
    Let's see......
    Hmmm... I guess you could also try W Juliet or Emma....
    Or maybe Tokyo Mew Mew.
    And there's also Chobits, if you haven't read it.
    There's Fushigi Yuugi, too.
    And Ceres.
    Marmalade Boy, GALS!(AKA SuperGALS!), Love Hina, and Kodomo no Omacha(Kodocha).

I hope I was able to help out!

Siggy Made by me!
    Jose~! I love you~!

Senior Member IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2008 05:20 PM
    Threads

I don't know if this is what your looking for but how bout'
    School Days.
    ~it's just an innocent suggestion~
    ICEBUBLEFLAVA

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by IceBubleFlava View Post
    I don't know if this is what your looking for but how bout'
    School Days.
    ~it's just an innocent suggestion~
    My opinion on School Days is lukewarm. I thought the character design and art is extremely eye-catching and gorgeous and the story takes the whole harem plot and twists it up a bit.

I seriously wanted to strangle the main character, Makoto. I have never ran across a more infuriating male lead since Shinji from Evangelion (and Evangelion was one of the more earlier animes I've seen in my years of being an otaku). Now I understand why Shinji was so frustrated and indecisive because of the way he was raised and his relationship with his father (or lack thereof) but Makoto's reasons are purely just lust.

I do not want to spoil the ending of School Days but just as I was...flabberghasted (sp?) I was also pleased with how things ended for Makoto.

But yeah, this is just my personal take on School Days. Don't get me wrong though, I thought the series was refreshing in terms of looking at Harem animes but the main character was just the opposite of Harem legends like Keitaro Urashima (Love Hina) and Hideki (Chobits).

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kyokuns_true_Love View Post
    Try Vampire Knight or Skip Beat.
    Those one's are really quite good ^.^
    If you've already done those, then try Hana-Kimi (Hanazakin wo Kimitachi he)
    Also, you could try Alice 19th, I really enjoyed that one.
    Let's see......
    Hmmm... I guess you could also try W Juliet or Emma....
    Or maybe Tokyo Mew Mew.
    And there's also Chobits, if you haven't read it.
    There's Fushigi Yuugi, too.
    And Ceres.
    Marmalade Boy, GALS!(AKA SuperGALS!), Love Hina, and Kodomo no Omacha(Kodocha).

I hope I was able to help out!
    Lol. I read almost every one of those manga. I love Vampire Knight! X3
    Emo Is Love~

crazy and insane lameness shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya has a reputation beyond repute shirogane_hitsugaya's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2008 09:11 PM
    Threads

i don't know much romance stuff...but this is what i watch before and it's okay....

nodame cantabile, fruits basket and school rumble....

oh....and Mirmo de Pon and Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch.....
    Last edited by shirogane_hitsugaya; 02-10-2008 at 11:52 AM.

Sig made by Aya_TemariSan...Thanks, Aya!!! I love you!!!>.0

between light and shadow. naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2010 12:03 PM
    Threads

Ah! My Goddess. One of the best rom-com Animes out there
    also try Love Hina

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I've heard of Ah! My Goddess. Is it cool?

between light and shadow. naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2010 12:03 PM
    Threads

Yes. Its the reason why I like Anime and Manga as it was the first one I ever watched. The original is titled Oh! My goddess and is 5 episodes long. There is also a film and OVA titled Ah! My Goddess. All are well worth watching. The new series Flights of Fancy has just come out on DVD too (in England I think its been out a while in America). Look out for it and if you get it enjoy!

Closed Thread

Thread Information