AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: whoz ur fav narito char i lik orihima lolz

Kick off your stilettos .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2010 06:59 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    =O!!!

Megami, "some" is not singular, so why are you using the singular conjugation of "do". "...some don't." would have been correct. =3

Anyway, someone noted that having a bunch of new mods in different time zones, and that sounds really great. Should be 2 from North America (because most of the memebers are American), one European, and one Aussie, and I think things will be under a lot more control.
    Psh, never said that MY grammar has to be correct or perfect. xDD

I agree that we should get some new mods, especially in different timezones.

No lies, just love. | tumblr | deviantart (dead)

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Then shall Bean start a petition? Or shall I? *awaits Minako or other admin to come and shoot down hopes of more mods*

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Moderator / Chat Admin Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2013 05:06 PM
    Threads

It has nothing to do with age - the user population is constantly shifting.
    It has nothing to do with the rules not being strict enough - they are quite sufficient and already more limiting than some people care for, because we try to keep the site somewhere between G and PG-13 rated. (If you don't believe me, that just goes to show how lenient we are)
    It has nothing to do with not having enough mods - although certainly most of the mods have grown up and have their own lives to take care of these days and can't spend 10 hours a day fixing things like we used to do.

Most of what has been described here is simply the nature of a Miscellaneous forum. It's been this way for seven years and while it gets better or worse at different times, it's always going to be this way. The only thing we could possibly change is "cleaning it up faster" and then we just get dozens of complaints from people who can't understand why we're "picking on them".

In other words: Welcome to the internet.

Anime Forum's First Generation

Quality Since 1999

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

Cless: Yes, but as the staff of a website don't you think it's a bit irresponsible to simply shrug and say "Internet!" when faced with what is basically an informal grievance?

If the best you can do is clean up the mess faster, then shouldn't that be your goal until a better solution comes along? I'm not casting blame on anyone in terms of attendance, but the end result is still the same whether the mods have a good reason or not. "More mods" isn't the solution as much as "more active mods."

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2008 09:01 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke23 View Post
    Bean: If I may play devil's advocate, the only thing I've ever seen you post when closing a thread lately is a sarcastic remark or general complaint. Fine you feel like Jerry Springer, but that isn't very useful info. You can't be on often fine, but then don't get pissy about other users telling n00bs about the rules.

It's not like there are mods here regularly to do it for us, after all. You have lives, okay, but it doesn't change the end result does it?

You have been playing devils advocate since your return, and I am not the only one that has noticed it. I just choose to ignore your sly comments directed at me, so I am not baited into something.

I have the right and the power given to me to close just about every single topic in Misc at any given moment. I answer to the 2 webmasters that run and own this site. Out of all the topics I ever closed in this forum since 2001, or what ever year it may be. Only one time did one of the two owners come to me and question my decision on somehting being closed. That would have been Princess Minako. I offered to re-open the thread in question and even put in why it was closed by me, and why it was being opened back up. I even offered to put in a apology. She said I did not have to. I told her my reasons on closeing it, and she told me her reasons for seeing it opened. I seen her side and understood. So that is one thread out of how many out of how many years?

Their is a wee lil button here people push. It sends me a link and their thoughts on a certain topic or reply. It is called "report post". Guess what? The members do use that feature. And with that feature the members can get a topic closed, or a reply removed. So it is just not my opinion of what gets closed. It actually is all the members particpating in this forum. That is the part most seem to forget. It isn't my forum. It never has been my forum. It belongs to Kaitou Ace and Princess Minako, and the members of this message board that use it. I am a regular member with a few options. Big deal. Being a mod isn't power and glory. It is doing something you were appointed to do, becaues the Admins have confidence in your decisions of what is fair to all, not to just one person, but to all with out being biased. The Misc forum will always be different than other forums.

As for my closing statements, or lack of them at times when I close a topic or delete something. Most things that I close are simple common sense issues. Oh and just so you do know, I do not close every single thread in here. So for those who want to yell about posts being closed with no reasons, go whine at Minako, Ace, LPS, and Regex. See how far you get with them, with the way they close and delete posts in the Misc forum. They close and delete them for the exact same reason I do. And I do not see them feeling the need to write up a long reply or even a short one at times, on why they are taking their actions on something that is so obvious.

Older members and mods/Admins here remember a poster by the name of akanetendo. I was her replacement. She took nothing from anyone and gave no one anything. Slam it was closed. It didnt last long at all under her rule. I was to be identical to her. Perhaps that is what I should do. Just come in here one day and close every single thread in Misc. And slam anything that is started that doesn't fit a tight guideline. And then like Cless says, everyone will complain that were picking on them. It is a no win situation.

I will apologize for myself, Kewii and MsAeris for trying to be as fair and as laxed as we could be with this forum and you members, with out letting it go to far. All 3 of us were chosen because we can be fair, we do not hold grudges, nor do we pick on certain users. Perhaps we should go for the mean side of ourslves. If we did, this post wouldn't last a minute because of it leaning towards the idea we don't know what were doing from certain posters.

Oh and Cless is absolutely accurate if you really think about it. Cless's statements say it all, and the last line is absolutely perfect and so very true.
    Last edited by Bean Bandit; 02-09-2008 at 06:50 PM.

Senior Member genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2010 03:31 PM
    Threads

I feel sorry for those trying to fit in here.
    Last edited by Santa Clause : 25/12/1bc at 00:00 AM. Reason: I felt like it, you idiot.

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I feel sorry that your allowed to still carry that username.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

First off, that Jerry Springer line is your own. Please point out where I'm baiting you.

If there's no reason given for a closure I can't really say it was you, now can I? I am referring to when you DO reply. I don't see where I'm contesting closures, either.

Third, the point of a forum mod is to mod the forum. Again, it's understandable that you have a life, and I'm not faulting you for it.

EDIT: I do agree about Sgurd, by the way. But welcome to the internet, right?
    Last edited by Sanosuke23; 02-09-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Senior Member Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2008 07:55 PM
    Take a turn at Lake Eerie, then swing by the Bermuda Triangle, and a right at the nearest McDonald's
    Threads

It was a topic similiar to this that inspired me to make a thread where you gave a review of a classic. Made the rules and regulations...made it into something where you had more than one sentence in the post. And then this was one of the replies:
    "No one with a life is going to do this." - Capitan Obvious
    Yeah. That took a chunk outta me since the the reason I started it was to prove that Misc. still had threads with thought. But if someone's able to make a thread with a reasonable question with five or six sentence replies from people who take the time to type correctly, let me know.

I guess the whole point of my posting a reply to this is so I can say that Misc. seems almost beyond saving, since we're always going to have idiots insisting on making repetitive topics.
    Last edited by Leorina; 02-09-2008 at 07:05 PM.
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Re: Leorina's post, I do believe it was a mod that posted that reply, I might add.

EDIT: It wasn't a Misc. mod, before anyone decides to jump down my throat.
    Last edited by Sanosuke23; 02-09-2008 at 07:09 PM.

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 03:34 PM
    Threads

I think the failing of your thread was more to the fact that its a decent thread in the wrong demographic of the population. Many here will not have read any classics except for in school - where they get little choice. Further, slower developing threads tend to get burried under the other threads - thus it moves off the first page and gets ignored -- several "what are you reading" threads have gone similar ways - its just that a slow thread in this section is not as likley to succeed
    thread in question
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=68926

something similar in the Pay section might infact work - simply because of the reduced speed at which new threads are made in that section when compared to misc
    note that the poll section could have worked - it was the rest that detered posts (that and the fact the people here (generally speaking) don't like reading )
    Last edited by overwatch; 02-09-2008 at 07:12 PM.

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They ae not idiots making repetive topics.

They are new users who are coming to this site. For most this is their first message board. So they do not realize or know how to search into the previous pages. Everyone has to start somewhere. Misc forum gets these topics. Their is nothing that will change this as we get more and more new users. Remember Misc forum has to handle all age groups, as does the rest of the site. But Misc forum is for the topics that do not go elsewhere on this message board.

Senior Member Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Take a turn at Lake Eerie, then swing by the Bermuda Triangle, and a right at the nearest McDonald's
    Threads

Re: Leorina's post, I do believe it was a mod that posted that reply, I might add.
    It doesn't matter what level of authority said it; it would have taken me down just as much. I decided to leave the name out since I don't take offense to it anymore and I didn't feel like naming the person directly because then the person will most likely see it as complaining.

They ae not idiots making repetive topics.
    They are new users who are coming to this site.
    Doesn't hurt to at the search button and see if the topic was made, though.
    Last edited by Leorina; 02-09-2008 at 07:15 PM.
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 03:34 PM
    Threads

but many don't think to use search - and if it thier first board then they won't even know its there.
    Bean does have a very valid point here

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Leorina View Post
    Doesn't hurt to at the search button and see if the topic was made, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    For most this is their first message board. So they do not realize or know how to search into the previous pages.
    READ MOAR!
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

It doesn't matter what level of authority said it; it would have taken me down just as much. I decided to leave the name out since I don't take offense to it anymore and I didn't feel like naming the person directly because then the person will most likely see it as complaining.
    Well no, but I mentioned that to illustrate a point: If staff members are replying in such a fashion to what could have been a mature thread, then how do people expect new members to approach it?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    but many don't think to use search - and if it thier first board then they won't even know its there.
    Bean does have a very valid point here
    All I'm saying is that when I first got here, I decided to test out the kewl little buttons in the toolbar. When I got to "Search" and its arrow and clicked it, I saw "Search Forums."
    So my brain did a sequence: Search > Search Forums > Can't be for other members since there's a Members List > So that must mean it's for topics.
    It's not hard to get to know your website before posting and breaking the rules.
    + YouTube Video

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

It's not hard to get to know your website before posting and breaking the rules.
    Well, some kids won't do that unfortunately. They're new, and like Bean said some of them may have never seen a forum before. So, they do what most people do and notice the big buttons before the relatively little links.

Moderator / Chat Admin Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

If the best you can do is clean up the mess faster, then shouldn't that be your goal until a better solution comes along? I'm not casting blame on anyone in terms of attendance, but the end result is still the same whether the mods have a good reason or not. "More mods" isn't the solution as much as "more active mods."
    "Report post". I don't have time to read every new message in the Supernatural forum every day. But I do check my e-mail, and if someone reports a post I have a link straight to the one I need to look at. Also, people who can accurately use this feature are the ones who are best demonstrating any potential to work as a mod themselves. (Hint, hint) And yes, I've reported posts in other mods' forums that I couldn't deal with myself.

Cless: Yes, but as the staff of a website don't you think it's a bit irresponsible to simply shrug and say "Internet!" when faced with what is basically an informal grievance?
    Your "grievance" is that people are dumb and post things you (general you, not you specifically) think are dumb. Unfortunately, we can't make that against the rules. You're GOING to see topics about your favorite brand of toothpaste here. The Misc forum is designed to keep that junk out of the more "serious" discussion forums. So no, I don't think it's irresponsible to tell you that while we do our best to enforce the rules, to an extent you're complaining about what this board is for and not a legitimate complaint about rule-breaking.

Quality Since 1999

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Cless Alvein View Post
    "Report post". I don't have time to read every new message in the Supernatural forum every day. But I do check my e-mail, and if someone reports a post I have a link straight to the one I need to look at. Also, people who can accurately use this feature are the ones who are best demonstrating any potential to work as a mod themselves. (Hint, hint) And yes, I've reported posts in other mods' forums that I couldn't deal with myself.

Your "grievance" is that people are dumb and post things you (general you, not you specifically) think are dumb. Unfortunately, we can't make that against the rules. You're GOING to see topics about your favorite brand of toothpaste here. The Misc forum is designed to keep that junk out of the more "serious" discussion forums. So no, I don't think it's irresponsible to tell you that while we do our best to enforce the rules, to an extent you're complaining about what this board is for and not a legitimate complaint about rule-breaking.
    Well the it isn't just dumb threads that were the topic, it's also threads that don't belong or are repetitive. What I've been saying, and what I think a lot of people have been saying in this thread, was that the current mods of Misc., while doing what they can with the time they can, could probably use someone with more time for the forum. You can hit "Report Post" a hundred times, if the mods aren't there to respond that changes nothing.

On a side note, if that "(Hint, hint)" bit was directed at me, I will make publicly clear two things:

1) I wouldn't mod Misc. if you paid me. I don't have the patience or temper for it, and I often post from the Mobile Portal and from what Ai tells me it doesn't really facilitate moderation.

2) Speaking of the Mobile Portal, I've pointed out in Site Issues/Questions(in a thread with 0 replies) that there's no report button on it. I've reported threads when I'm home, but I can't when I'm out. Believe me, I would use it if I could. I understand that as far as site issues go mobile functionality pretty much at the bottom of the list, but then don't imply I should use a function I don't have access to.

Supernatural is pretty well-behaved, as is most of the other boards on the site. Misc. is unique in that it has no set "theme" to it, and as such there's a bunch of topics that will be against the rules as people test their boundaries.

I don't complain about the so-called "pointless" topics, and in fact I believe you can find me stating this in previous posts. I don't mind them, because they're par for the course. I agree with you on that. I also agree that maybe it's time to tap more active members to mod Miscellaneous.

I still disagree with your statement that more mods(which in this case would mean more active moderation) wouldn't help against the duplicate posts and flat-out rule-breaking. I also disagree with Bean's statement that "common sense" closures don't need an explanation, because as Bean states in a later post for some kids this is their first forum(which SHOCKER OF SHOCKERS: I understand completely and agree with! zomg!). What's common sense to you or me may not be common sense to them.

What I say most likely won't affect any sort of change, but the topic was here and so I voiced my opinion. Any problems there may be that Bean feels makes me a disruptive force in Miscellaneous I am attempting to discuss with him in PMs, and hopefully we can settle it without it devolving into a flame war.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well the it isn't just dumb threads that were the topic, it's also threads that don't belong or are repetitive.
    Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    whoz ur fav narito char i lik orihima lolz
    Don't you hate threads like this? I mean, I feel this has got to stop. ... I propose this thread to be chat about how we can get some relevant conversation coming through misc. Any ideas?
    Again, Misc. is the forum for threads that "don't belong", so complaining about the threads here is like complaining about people filling their swimming pool with water. Were you expecting something different? If a thread is genuinely in the wrong forum, we (re)move it. I wouldn't consider the frequency at which this happens to be out of control, though.

If you think the topics are too repetitive, submit your own fresh new material. But also realize that not everybody who has something to say gets to contribute during the 36 hours when each thread is "hot" around here. Also, so many days after not having a reply a thread is automatically closed now.

On a side note, if that "(Hint, hint)" bit was directed at me,
    It was to anyone reading, really.

Trust me, we're always on the lookout for intelligent, responsible people who would enhance our team when we feel it is needed. And furthermore, if we were any stricter on moderating our content, this would be a thread about how we're horrible dictators who don't let people discuss what they want and we take pleasure in holding our power over everyones' heads, yadda yadda yadda. It's happened before, multiple times in fact. And the site is not run much differently now compared to previously. Ponder that one for a while.

Quality Since 1999

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

There's only so many rules you can have before it's just not enjoyable anymore.

I think Cless put it well when he said "Welcome to the Internet" You're always going to get annoying threads, especially on a site with as much traffic as AF.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

Quote Originally Posted by Hatake Buruku View Post
    There's only so many rules you can have before it's just not enjoyable anymore.

I think Cless put it well when he said "Welcome to the Internet" You're always going to get annoying threads, especially on a site with as much traffic as AF.
    I agree the misc staff has the right amount of rules and they are all fair, but if rules keep piling up then it might not be any fun

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm going to once again point something out, and elaborate a little more.

Yes Misc is lacking active mods. Their is no doubt of that.
    Are the staff aware of this? Yes.
    Have they been attempting to do things about this issue? Of course they have.
    Did they know this was a up and coming issue? Yes, because I told them about this months before it started to happen.
    Did they listen to me a long time ago? Yes, it is why LPS and Regex do more in Misc, to take up the slack.

We the Misc mods spent a few months working together going over all the users of the board at that time, and we selected inividuals who we thought would be fair, have common sense, would not hold grudges, or become power hungry and etc... We nominated 2 or 3 people to be a 4th mod. The Admins do not want 4 mods in any forum on the board. It is their board and their decisions. So we respect that. It is why LPS and Regex step into Misc to help out. Most users just do not know this.

And to once again mention soemthing Cless said above, and perhaps to clarify it a lil more, A post gets closed automotically after a certain time period. No that does not mean I go around closing posts. It means the message board itself does the closing for a inactive post. With the amount of new users who join here, they have not seen what was posted 3 weeks ago or even longer. Their object is to try to fit in, and we understand that. If we become rude to all the new people that come here, then they just will not hang around. It is not the intention of Misc to drive people away from this site. It is why some things are tollerated, that others cant understand.

The Misc forum has had the same rules for years, the only main rule to be added was like a year ago, and that was the rudeness rule. Users attempting to be rude or crude or what ever you wish to call it. It is our call not to put up with it.
    Last edited by Bean Bandit; 02-10-2008 at 11:36 PM.

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

I heard about that Ace installed a hack about a year ago to auto-close all old threads. I think that a 4th mod would not be a bad idea, however Bean you are right that it is 100% up to them. I guess all we as non-mod members can do is just to report more post. Plus the inactivity of the other misc mod might not last that much longer still I guess a 4th mod would make it easier the other staff members. Oh well we can only hope for the best

I guess we are likely that you Ron are the misc. staff member because, you do not hesitate to ban the really disrespectful troll not going to name anyone
    Last edited by Jose; 02-10-2008 at 11:47 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information