AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: whoz ur fav narito char i lik orihima lolz

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Default whoz ur fav narito char i lik orihima lolz

Don't you hate threads like this? I mean, I feel this has got to stop. and yes, I also feel that this belongs in misc, it is not only about the forum, but about the users. The average age here used to be 16-18 and now it's like 13-15. *sigh* I propose this thread to be chat about how we can get some relevant conversation coming through misc. Any ideas?

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 03:34 PM
    Threads

Well firstly a thread like this would be moved to anime general
    In sensible terms, yes we have had an influx on younger members to the site in recent times - with the added result that they are making many of the threads. I will say that the odd daft thread is fun - birds taking over the world!! - but too many and the novilty value runs thin.
    But to solve this there is only one way = us "more mature/smarter/older/longer" members must make new threads worthy of some form of discussion -- unfortunatly I can't think of any at the moment

anyone else got any ideas?

On a another line - I think it has been voiced before, but as two of the misc mods are no longer able to visit the forum on a regular basis due to commitments in life, and as Bean can only get on at one time (mostly) during the day -which leaves a large part of the day unmodded - I do feel that we need another mod for this section - if only for a tempary time - to help bean out with controling this rabble of nutters in here
    Last edited by overwatch; 02-06-2008 at 02:00 PM.

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

As much as I want it to happen, I just don't see it being possible. The age demographic doesn't exclude any younger or older groups here .. and let's face it, us 20 somethings are outnumbered by the 13-15 yr old Narutard generation who learned to spell off of MTV award shows.

So until you start excluding people of certain ages (which won't happen since it defeats the purpose of the site) it won't happen. Severe cracking down on it may temper it somewhat however there are always going to be new fishes to fry who will blindly jump into the fray like lemmings. That's also in line with getting a new mod for this forum: yes it will clean up things more, but not the root of the problem.

Afraid this is one of those "grin and bear it" type issues.

I has Return-ified. -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2013 06:47 PM
    Threads

The average age here used to be 16-18 and now it's like 13-15.
    I admit, I'm one of the younger active members around here (Next to Memento Mori who's only 12) and I try my best to follow the rules and stuff around here; no spammy posts and such. Besides, a lot of new members are closer to about 16-19 and they spam just as much as the younger ones. So it's not necesarily an age group thing.

I've noticed that many of the new members join and make 10 threads within their first ten minutes of being here. Maybe we should start a thread creation policy, something like if you have ten posts you can start one thread in Misc. per day, if you have 100 posts then it'd be ten per day. Of course it would be kinda tough to establish a rule like this that would apply only to the Misc forum (Even though Misc. is the most spammy of our forums and needs a few extra guidelines)

Something along those lines but not exactly as I said =/
    Plus we should help out our little Misc. mod, Bean and report junk threads without people posting "OMG FOLLOW THE RULES!" in them.
    Last edited by -Kitsune-; 02-06-2008 at 02:01 PM.
    Current obsession: Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 <3

Uber-love to .Savage for this amazing set~ x3

Gifts:Simple1|Goodylucky|Karuto

~Facebook

Senior Member Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers has a reputation beyond repute Ramona Flowers's Avatar
    Gil
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Cake Wine Hot Dog With Ketchup
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2012 08:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

We can plant bombs in everyone, so when someone makes a stupid thread, they explode.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune~girl View Post
    Plus we should help out our little Misc. mod, Bean and report junk threads without people posting "OMG FOLLOW THE RULES!" in them.
    omg, I HATE when members do that! [dies]

Quote Originally Posted by janeiro View Post
    We can plant bombs in everyone, so when someone makes a stupid thread, they explode.
    I....love that idea o_O

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

he well I think limiting thread creation based on post count would be a disaster - people would start spamming like there was no tomorrow to post - granted it would make them think a little more about what they post - but in the end that would only be after they have spammed - and then another new person will join and the cycle starts again.

ture - follow the rules are a pain === but then you get the times that a thread get truly invaded and becomes a source of comedy! (looks at Eris!)
    Last edited by overwatch; 02-06-2008 at 02:05 PM.

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

I has Return-ified. -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2013 06:47 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    he well I think limiting thread creation based on post count would be a disaster - people would start spamming like there was no tomorrow to post - granted it would make them think a little more about what they post - but in the end that would only be after they have spammed - and then another new person will join and the cycle starts again.
    Yeah I see your point... We already have enough people around trying to raise their post count by posting junk like "That's cool.", "No." or "I agree" in every thread they come across. So that idea's scrapped =/
    Current obsession: Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 <3

Uber-love to .Savage for this amazing set~ x3

Gifts:Simple1|Goodylucky|Karuto

~Facebook

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think people who repeatedly make stupid threads should lose the right to make them. But to do that we would have to have more mods. So until then, I guess we can't really do much except report people who do it. And we can always bad rep them.

I am just glad to find out that "narito" wasn't a serious thing.
    Last edited by Baka; 02-06-2008 at 02:14 PM.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't think there is a solution.

I've tried making smart threads. They were invaded by spammers who only read the first lines. Or worse yet, people posting to say reading the OP was too hard for them, because it had text 'n stuff in it.

I've tried making threads so unimaginably retarded no-one could take them seriously. People were oblivious to this, and took them at face value.

I've honestly given up.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Raw View Post

I am just glad to find out that "narito" wasn't a serious thing.
    Amen to that. about this particular issue, I don't think theyre is much that we can do about it. I mean its alot better then it was in 2004, when theryre were no Mod's. Spam threads everywhere. Fudeaul Anime in the Music section. So the best we can do is just trust all the wonderful Mod's that delete these countless annoying threads for us daily. and if that dosnt work......

I like this idea as well :
    We can plant bombs in everyone, so when someone makes a stupid thread, they explode

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've noticed that problem too. To tell you the truth, I used to post quite alot of threads(I do admit some were pointless) in the Misc section, but now I've learned not to post too much, especially if it's pointless. Actually, I've talked to a few members, and they don't even take the time to read the rules and just decide to break them anyways. And yes, more moderation is needed in the Misc section.

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2016 06:43 PM
    Threads

I haven't started posting threads yet, and now I don't think I should

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    I don't think there is a solution.

I've tried making smart threads. They were invaded by spammers who only read the first lines. Or worse yet, people posting to say reading the OP was too hard for them, because it had text 'n stuff in it.
    this is - I think - the most annoying factor. Whenever we do try something smart these are just the sort of reponces we get - totaly uless posts - and we really cannot expect the mods to run around removing them.
    As for the first line - well the only solution I can think is that we all move to pay -- really its the only thing I can think of -- rename pay - the pay and have an IQ to post in section

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

I admit, I'm one of the younger active members around here (Next to Memento Mori who's only 12) and I try my best to follow the rules and stuff around here; no spammy posts and such. Besides, a lot of new members are closer to about 16-19 and they spam just as much as the younger ones. So it's not necesarily an age group thing.
    Don't forget P-san : D!

Anyway... uh... you can't just throw out all the younger members of course, though I want to sometimes D:. However, that'd mean that I can't come on anymore XD! In the end, I don't really think there is a solution. We'll let the newbs post their threads, we report the threads, the threads get closed. It takes a while, but it's effective. Most members that do stuff like that leave within a month because they realize that they're not accepted here. Sad, but true.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've noticed that many of the new members join and make 10 threads within their first ten minutes of being here. Maybe we should start a thread creation policy, something like if you have ten posts you can start one thread in Misc. per day, if you have 100 posts then it'd be ten per day. Of course it would be kinda tough to establish a rule like this that would apply only to the Misc forum (Even though Misc. is the most spammy of our forums and needs a few extra guidelines)
    That's true, and OMG, that' actaully an awesome idea! I wasjust thinking a similar thing like yours.

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

Senior Member Golden State Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Golden State Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Golden State Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Golden State Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Golden State Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Golden State Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Golden State Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Golden State Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Golden State Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Golden State Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Golden State Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Golden State Warrior's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2008 03:49 PM
    Threads

Don't worry about the irrelevant threads, otherwise you'll just get annoyed. Unless you like being annoyed, but I doubt it.

There's a handful of threads here that are interesting and/or relevant. My only suggestion is to keep adding more of those relevant threads that you want. Ignore the threads that you don't like. This is probably not the suggestion you were hoping for, but the way I see it is if you don't have direct control over something, there's really nothing you can do, unfortunately. So why worry about it?

"Coach, how do you eat cream puffs?"

"Cream puffs, you ask? Well... I start by splitting it in half... and eating the lid after dipping it in the cream from the bottom... and then I eat the bottom half. This way, I don't have to worry about any cream spliing out... while maintaining a balance between cream and puff."

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

First off, when was the average age ever 16-18??
    When I joined (aeons ago), there were active members as young as 9. If you discount Beany and myself (we skew the average), the average age has always leaned to about 14-15.
    As to the thread issues, if people would just report the threads and resist the temptation to post in them, they'd go away much faster. And if more people looked for the threads with content and meaning and actually posted reasoned responses in them, the world would be a happier place.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I enjoy the stupid posts, and I know you all do too though you don't know it. If we all didn't have illiterate fools to make cry, animeforum would be a dull place to be. It would lose it's selling point!

Honestly, I'd like to see more stupid active members because the average idiot doesn't stick around very long so when you make a post capable of inciting tears in them, alot of the time they don't even get to see it! And dammit, that's a sin.
    Last edited by Masali; 02-06-2008 at 04:45 PM.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You know, it's funny. A big complaint seems to be the age of members, and yet I know that when I was here at 14 with other members of about the same age, we weren't acting this way. Heck, there was an 11-year-old who was more mature than most of the 20-somethings on the board these days.

I can't help but think it's a change in the way/frequency people are using computers/internet and not age alone.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Quote Originally Posted by Masali View Post
    I enjoy the stupid posts, and I know you all do too though you don't know it. If we all didn't have illiterate fools to make cry, animeforum would be a dull place to be. It would lose it's selling point!

Honestly, I'd like to see more stupid active members because the average idiot doesn't stick around very long so when you make a post capable of inciting tears in them, alot of the time they don't even get to see it! And dammit, that's a sin.
    Well, you do have me there. I do enjoy smoting silly newbs in completely spammy threads. And sometimes it's just nice to post ">.>" randomly in a thread to see if anyone is paying attention. lol

Anyway, perhaps talking about age wasn't exactly the problem, I admit that Pengin-san and Ichigo Borrasamsuiofjewohowdoyouspellthis? are pretty mature for their age. I just wish I could come online and not see 10 threads about what my favorite -insert thing here- is, because honestly, no one really cares what you like and no one can debate it.

As far as the "narito" bit, I just wanted to use the most annoying kind of post as a title and that was what came to my mind first. So no, this doesn't really belong in General Anime.

In response to what someone said about the lack of mods, I second the isea to get another. Misc badly needs 4 mods, Japanese Language and Animewallpapers do not.
    Last edited by Capernicus; 02-06-2008 at 08:41 PM.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Member Grod has a reputation beyond repute Grod has a reputation beyond repute Grod has a reputation beyond repute Grod has a reputation beyond repute Grod has a reputation beyond repute Grod has a reputation beyond repute Grod has a reputation beyond repute Grod has a reputation beyond repute Grod has a reputation beyond repute Grod has a reputation beyond repute Grod has a reputation beyond repute Grod's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2008 09:03 PM
    Threads

Dear god I'm glad the title wasn't indicative of the content.

So there is no age requirement here?

13 year old boys and 16 year old girls shouldn't be allowed. In any forum, actually.

[I would link to ED, but because of the aforementioned age group.....]

Senior Member Momokachan has a reputation beyond repute Momokachan has a reputation beyond repute Momokachan has a reputation beyond repute Momokachan has a reputation beyond repute Momokachan has a reputation beyond repute Momokachan has a reputation beyond repute Momokachan has a reputation beyond repute Momokachan has a reputation beyond repute Momokachan has a reputation beyond repute Momokachan has a reputation beyond repute Momokachan has a reputation beyond repute Momokachan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2008 11:32 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I swear to god, I had a damn flashback when I saw that title. "What is this?! SOMEONE NEEDS A SERVING OF BANCAKES." I blame the heyday of Sora's Kingdom Forums, when I was administrating 1,200 plus members on a daily basis.

That said, I don't think it's the average age of members that's the problem. For example, I had to actively search for the forum rules when I joined here. I don't mean to compare, but back when we were alive at Sora's Kingdom, we had our rules board in big bold letters that said "READ THIS FIRST." Granted, not everybody did, but we didn't have nearly the problems that you have here.

Another thing, and this is just my amateur opinion, I think one more moderator wouldn't be enough, especially if they all fall into the same timezone. We ended up needing to space ours out across several countries before we finally got stuff under control, and even then it was a stretch.
    ~Synesthete Extraordinaire~

PSA: If you're going to bad-rep me, do these three things.
    1. Learn which one is bad-rep. Green=good.
    2. Grow a pair and tell me to my face. Average amount that I check reputation: About once every three weeks or so.
    3. Sign the bad rep. At least have the guts to announce that it was you.

SNAPE KILLS YOUR MOM AT THE END OF BOOK SEVEN.

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2008 09:01 PM
    Threads

Like it was said above, its not really the age groups.

Everyone wants to attempt to fit in. It is why some feel they have to create 20 new threads upon registering here. They want us to like them instantly. They do not read the rules, they do not understand how to search to see if their is another similar topic, nor do they realize to just go back a page or two. When reprimanded about their posts the biggest thing i get back is, "why do we have to monitor the site?" They just do not understand that we dont want their languge, or their attitudes.

We moderate in order to try to keep some form of decency, otherwise it would go south and no one would post after a while. I understand that my two other co-mods are very busy with their lives and I have no issues with that. Leah and Kewii both take up the slack when I dissapear at times, or like when I was at Purdue in Indiana for over a year. I had a great time while their but I also left Leah and Kewii hanging.

The best thing to do is ignore the post, do not reply in it, just report it. If it is reported, then it will be take care of a lot faster rather than it being spammed. Backseat moderating, and members trying to correct other members looks bad on both parties. I know some think it will make them look good and them be possibly considered to be a mod someday, but it actually does not help them to look good.

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

True the Misc. forum has had an inflation of spammy threads lately, whenever I have a remotely more interesting thread I will open it in the Pay to Post sub-forum, but I think that it is not so bad Bean, my be Misc. only active moderator right now, however I think he is doing the very best he can. For some reason this sounds so familair, I think I read about it this in someone's bolg but I cant exactally remember whom's blog it was.
    Anyway it is not like the threads are so bad, but is it just that the same 20 thread are repeated over and over, I agree with Beans that until members find his/her own place within Anime forum they tend to try and be like everyone else on the forum. As it was said this is not about anyone's age because like it was said, Mori,Pengin and Jagan are all intellegent post ( In the way that they are more informed about the thread and dont use slang or leet within their post)
    Anyway I much rather have threads like this made then some we have had in the past I think some members know about who I am talking about

Closed Thread

Thread Information