AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dragonball z turned rubbish

Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2014 08:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The problem witht he Buu saga: Goku is in it.

If they gave the show something fresh by having Gohan be the hero, it would have been a better series.

Senior Member JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46 has a reputation beyond repute JJ46's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2008 02:42 AM
    Threads

I totally disagree. U have to realise that the Saiya-man saga, although not a filler, is close to one! It simply showed Gohan growing up and the life he had without his father plus we got introduced to Goten. A moment like that is called comic relief and in my mind, although the plot it not exciting (but still funny, like when u see Vegeta be a father to Trunks lol) it's a bit harsh to say DBZ became rubish because of a few relaxed episodes. In my mind the Naruto fillers were WAY WORSE, but Naruto is still one of my favourite anime of all time. (although I just skipped the fillers).

The Android saga was my least fav Saga. It was good, but I didn't enjoy it as much as The Saiyan Saga, Frieza Saga and Buu Saga.(p.s. it can't have turned rubbish coz the series is already over. It "became" rubish, lol. sorry :P unesasry comment there...
    Last edited by JJ46; 03-21-2008 at 04:49 AM. Reason: goten.. not gohan lol

Blessed By The Saint The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2009 01:50 AM
    Threads

Meh, only saga I disliked was the Buu one.. Seriously! It took weeks to watch ALL the episodes of it.

Senior Member EnneadNokonx has a reputation beyond repute EnneadNokonx has a reputation beyond repute EnneadNokonx has a reputation beyond repute EnneadNokonx has a reputation beyond repute EnneadNokonx has a reputation beyond repute EnneadNokonx has a reputation beyond repute EnneadNokonx has a reputation beyond repute EnneadNokonx has a reputation beyond repute EnneadNokonx has a reputation beyond repute EnneadNokonx has a reputation beyond repute EnneadNokonx has a reputation beyond repute EnneadNokonx's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2008 05:08 PM
    Threads

I'll say this much, the show was more less made up as it went along, I've heard that from interviews with Akira Toriyama, the show is a spin off of a dragon seed legend from a long time ago. He just fabricated a show out of it, and kept going until sales started to slow. So with that in mind, making it up as you go, you're bound to run into some ridiculous or just plaing stupid parts. GT, in my opinion wasn't really neccessary, or the last bit of DBZ with the reveal of Ubuu. But that's just one saps opinion.

Senior Member TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2014 12:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    The problem witht he Buu saga: Goku is in it.

If they gave the show something fresh by having Gohan be the hero, it would have been a better series.
    That, friend, is how it was meant to be before the Goku-Fan-Force became belligerent and obsessive.
    Goku was killed by Cell, and he should have stayed dead. This was the plan. The Goku worshippers, though, wanted Toriyama to deal Goku, so he compromised and gave them Goten, who is no more than a little, identical replacement. When the Goku users still demanded a glimpse of their idol, Toriyama gave them a tournament and disaster featuring Goku.
    Afterwards, Goku left, leaving the youngins to inhereit the family business.
    Once you're hooked on Goku, though, you're pretty much hopeless. The fools continued to demand more Goku and so, under constant fan pressure, Toriyama caved in, called it quits, and ended Dragonball, which was, by then, little more than a Goku-festival with supporting cast whose names were easily forgotten.
    TOEI merely continued this with GT for profits' sakes, as any sound corporation would.
    Puppy Linux || Get it right. ||

If you would like to seek unification with my dynasty, simply plant the flag of the Central Asterikan Republic into your signature to join in the glory that is TheAsterism!

Blessed By The Saint The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2009 01:50 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsterisk! View Post
    That, friend, is how it was meant to be before the Goku-Fan-Force became belligerent and obsessive.
    Goku was killed by Cell, and he should have stayed dead.

Aww, I didn't know people hated Goku so much.

Senior Member TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2014 12:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Quote Originally Posted by The Monarch View Post
    Aww, I didn't know people hated Goku so much.
    I don't hate him, I just got tired of him and the formulaic stories that always were centered on the much vaunted Goku. After a while, it became quite tiresome to see him fight the same enemies in the same manner as he had for the past 200 episodes or so.
    I think the whole series could have become more innovative if Goku and his simplistic, monotonous character were discarded for the most part.
    Puppy Linux || Get it right. ||

If you would like to seek unification with my dynasty, simply plant the flag of the Central Asterikan Republic into your signature to join in the glory that is TheAsterism!

Member jenilo has a reputation beyond repute jenilo has a reputation beyond repute jenilo has a reputation beyond repute jenilo has a reputation beyond repute jenilo has a reputation beyond repute jenilo has a reputation beyond repute jenilo has a reputation beyond repute jenilo has a reputation beyond repute jenilo has a reputation beyond repute jenilo has a reputation beyond repute jenilo has a reputation beyond repute jenilo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2008 12:00 PM
    Threads

I was used to see this anime series before but i think it sucks.since for a long time i have not watched this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information