AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: A question for all Shin Megami Tensei players

It's CAPTAIN Peon to YOU Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2008 09:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default A question for all Shin Megami Tensei players

So I just finished playing Devil Summoner: RK for the PS2 and I thought it was enjoyable (Quite honestly, I got the game because I liked Raidou's character design and wanted to play a non-turn based RPG. I'm going to start on my second play through on hard mode still).

But now that I got introduced to the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, I'm wondering which one I should try out next of these three:

SMT: Nocturne
    Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2
    Persona 3

I know that they are all turn based, but I don't mind at all. I'm planning to buy all of them in the future, but I just want a recommendation in what I should try next.

A joke between my sister and I... Don't mind me.

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

All of them are good but since I've only finished playing Persona 3, I'd recommend it. Good storyline, adorable main character, social links available and you can fuse personas.

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    Threads

Nocturne is damn hard. If one of your characters die, it's game over and yes there are several one hit kill moves that the enemies use. I liked it the best because it drove me insane. You have to recruit demons which is pretty different from most RPG games where characters just join your party but since you just played SMT: DV, it's not that odd to you.

DDS has a decent plot and is something you should try to hunt down. The second game is a direct sequel so make sure to finish the first game [do take note of the couple of important decissions you make in the first game that determine whether or not you get a character in the second title]. Gotta love the Embryon uniforms. . .

Persona 3 kicks butt. The combat is on par with DDS but the added school life element makes this game in the series more enjoyable. Since this is the most recent of the games, you could probably find a copy much easier.

All of the games are good but I liked Nocturne the most.

It's CAPTAIN Peon to YOU Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2008 09:21 PM
    Threads

Thanks for the responses.

I'll try to get Persona 3 or the Digital Devil Saga series first before tackling Nocturne, since it seems to be the hardest of the games. Gotta get used to the SMT turn-based system before diving into Nocturne.

I'll probably end up switching between Devil Summoner and whatever game I buy if I get tired (or if I die often) of the game. I dunno why I like Devil Summoner so much since I heard it was the weakest of the series. XD
    Last edited by Raidou Kuzunoha; 01-31-2008 at 12:15 AM.

A joke between my sister and I... Don't mind me.

Closed Thread

Thread Information