AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh Revival Thread

Senior Member dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2008 10:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs down Yu-Gi-Oh Revival Thread

The Yu-Gi-Oh section does not get its fair share of recognization anymore. Sure, the fad's died down a bit, but that doesn't mean anything. I am still a fan of the series and I will not be known to allow this section to die. Therefore I call for a revival of all the old fans, the ones that have progressed "beyond" the original Yu-Gi-Oh series and the ones that do not know much about the series at all or have moved on to GX, the friendship circle worshipers and the Anzu (Tea) haters, the pro-Atemu and the anti-self-absorbed-cheating-ego-maniac-pharaoh-haters.

Bring back the Yu-Gi-Oh!

This thread is open to any discussion regarding Yu-Gi-Oh, but nothing less than such.

...was that a bit melodramatic or was it alright? I can't really tell. Anyway, I'll start the discussion with my character preferences.

Favorites:
    Yami Bakura
    Mariku
    Malik
    Pegasus
    Ryou

Most Hated/Disliked:
    ATEMU
    TEA
    Tristan
    Rebecca

Most Pathetic/Weak:
    Weevil
    Rex

Most Bad@$$:
    Mariku
    Yami Bakura
    Kaiba

And my all-time favorite character: Bakura...no Mariku, no Bakura d@mnit! Wait...Mariku? Fine! It's both Bakura and Mariku.
    I embrace all that humanity fears within.

Our perception of the world allows us to perceive ourselves.

Being different often means being alone.

Some people try so hard to hide from the world, only to find that the world doesn't know they exist. Will you give up?

I just graduated from the Psycho Ward, wanna play?

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

I must say, I'm glad to have at least one other person that wants this forum to live. I can't really do it by myself, ya know?

Okay, here goes:

Favorites

Daichi/Bastion Misawa
    Fubuki 10join/Atticus Rhodes
    Katsuya Jonouchi/Joey Wheeler
    Ryo Bakura
    Jun Manjoume/Chazz Princeton(MANJOUME SANDAA!)
    Yubel
    Austin O'Brien/Axel Brodie

Least Favorite

Rei Saotome/Blair Flannigan
    Cronos DeMedici/Velian Crowler
    Anzu Mazaki/Tea Gardner
    Tyranno Kenzan/Hasselberry

Weakest/Most Pathetic

Shizuka Kawai/Jonouchi/Serenity Wheeler
    "Bandit" Keith Howard and the three idiots that followed him around in Duelist Kingdom
    Rei Saotome/Blair Flannigan

We'll Call This "Coolest..."

Yuuki Judai/Jaden Yuki(In particular as Haou the Supreme King and after fusing with Yubel)
    Seto Kaiba
    Austin O'Brien/Axel Brodie
    Thief King Bakura

Overall Favorite

This one's too tough to call, sorry. It's a tie between Austin O'Brien, MANJOUME SANDAA, and Katsuya Jonouchi.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Senior Member dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Most of your choices make sense to me, but there is one thing I'm confused about: You listed Jou in the Weakest/Most Pathetic section, yet he is in the three-way-tie for your favorite? Hehe, most people would favor the strongest characters in a series, so that is very unique about you.

Some people try so hard to hide from the world, only to find that the world doesn't know they exist. Will you give up?

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Nonono, Jonouchi is his last name. His sister is referred to by both parents' last names depending on when and where in the series.

Joey's first name is Katsuya in Japanese.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah! My apologies for my mistake. The slashes temporarily confuddled my mind. And I have been sick, I'm allowed temporary "doh"ness. Many people I've talked to have referred to him as simply Jonouichi anyway. Grr...

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

No yeah, he goes by his last name, as does Tristan/Honda.

Senior Member Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2008 02:26 AM
    Threads

Favorites:
    Psycho Marik (He's titled "Psycho" b/c technically he's a split personality and not a yami, even though he is. If that makes sense.)
    Malik Ishtar
    Ryou Bakura
    Yami Bakura
    Thief Bakura
    Katsuya Jounouichi

Most Hated/Disliked:
    Atemu(Definitely agree with you here)
    Anzu(Though I hate her more)
    Mai *shudder*

Most Pathetic/Weak:
    Shizuka

"Coolest"?:
    Psycho Marik, no question.

Overall Favorite: Dun dun dun...Psycho Marik

Alright then, I think that this whole "Yu-Gi-Oh" revival thing is pretty cool. I wish I had joined this site sooner to help the fight before now.

"Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace."-Buddha

<U><FONT color=#acacff><a href="

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke23 View Post
    No yeah, he goes by his last name, as does Tristan/Honda.
    I realize that, I just forgot. But this is worse than forgetting how to tie shoelaces. Arg! Never again.

But anyways, apparently we have another Yu-Gi-Oh disciple. Welcome Kamara. We aren't much but I hope you enjoy it. So you hate the pharaoh as well? Hehe. And Anzu. Hehe. And you're a fan of Mariku I see. I just can't seem to decide between him and Bakura. If I did that then it would mean I liked the other less and I don't.
    Last edited by dark_is_light; 01-30-2008 at 10:52 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kamara Sagara View Post
    Alright then, I think that this whole "Yu-Gi-Oh" revival thing is pretty cool. I wish I had joined this site sooner to help the fight before now.
    You're here now. Besides, I haven't been a member of this site for too long. A couple of weeks tops.

But we will not let this section die, eh Kamara? And neither will Sanosuke.

Hehe, so what was the very first Yu-Gi-Oh episode you guys saw? I didn't start watching the series when it first came out. I hadn't really cared to. But after a while I saw an episode, then later watched a marathon of it. I think the first episode I saw was...I think during Kaiba's match against Pegasus. I'm not sure, really.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I think I saw the first episode of the US season 1 first. After a good chunk of Duelist Kingdom I saw the entire "Season 0" as they're calling it now subbed.

As for GX, I saw the first episode in English, and once I got done vomiting I knew it couldn't be THAT bad. So I looked into the Japanese one and sure enough, it was alright. It's just been getting better since.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah. I hadn't liked the series much until I saw the sub version. But before that, my younger brother watched quite a bit of it. I think he was the one to introduce me to it.

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2014 04:46 PM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I actually liked Tea, but the dub for her was quite annoying(sorry, I've only seen the 4Kids version). She got annoying after a while. I wish I had the same deep voice that Yami Yugi has, then I'd sound so cool. I never really like Pegasus, he was too wimpy to be a villain anyways. Kaiba, was perhaps one of my favorite characters in the series. I can relate to him in many ways.

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Senior Member Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2008 11:11 AM
    Threads

Yugioh is okay, but not my fav.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ano...sorry I haven't really been on. I haven't had much time and I still don't. I'm not going to be online for a while actually. I have stuff to deal with in RL. Sorry, but as much as I like Yu-Gi-Oh...this is more important. Cia later when I return.

google.translate for the win! SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2014 12:53 PM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Favorites:
    Atemu / Yami yuugi
    Jonouchi (so fun!) + extra fun together with Honda (thinking of Capsule Monsters the can-can dance^_^)
    Kaiba

Most Hated/Disliked:
    Anzu (I hate her friendship speeches all the time.. Z_D)
    Rebecca (gosh how annoying this child can be)
    Yugi Muto
    ... I am not so found of Mai Kujaku I have to admit.

Most Pathetic/Weak:
    Weevil
    Rex
    Pegasus J.Crawford
    Mokuba (hahah^_^)

Most Bad:
    Yami Bakura
    Malik
    Sol, vind och vatten är det bästa som jag vet
    men det är på dig jag tänker i hemlighet
    Sol, vind och vatten, höga berg och djupa hav
    Det, är mina drömmar vävda av

Full song, click, and text and translation to the song above, click.
    One of my absolute favorite summer songs.

Senior Member ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2008 11:38 PM
    Threads

I thought Jounchi was the Japan name i heard in season zero like Triston/Honda Tea/Anzu but yeah season zero was great we will never see it (in America) sorry love that Bandit Kieth joke. Thank Nayru because 4kids would butcher it.
    Been gone for 3 months ive lost alot but learned alot now im back... but for how long i wonder?
    *meow* =^-^=

google.translate for the win! SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2014 12:53 PM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiInuyasha View Post
    I thought Jounchi was the Japan name i heard in season zero like Triston/Honda Tea/Anzu but yeah season zero was great we will never see it (in America) sorry love that Bandit Kieth joke. Thank Nayru because 4kids would butcher it.

Well yes, but I watch the anime in both English and Japanese so I mix the name's in a wonderful.. something :P You understand what I mean!
    Sol, vind och vatten är det bästa som jag vet
    men det är på dig jag tänker i hemlighet
    Sol, vind och vatten, höga berg och djupa hav
    Det, är mina drömmar vävda av

Full song, click, and text and translation to the song above, click.
    One of my absolute favorite summer songs.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Oh my, it seems GX has officially ended in Japan.

The final duel was Jaden vs. Battle City-era Yugi. Yugi sent him back in time or something, I'm not sure.

The last part you see is Jaden seemingly kamikaze-ing into Osiris with Neos, but I find the number of cards in Yugi's hand to be highly suspect so the victory isn't decisive.

I've also heard that the ending was tacked on, so that work on 5D's could begin. If that's true then it sucks. 5D's could have waited a few more months, new set be damned.

Senior Member ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha has a reputation beyond repute ChibiInuyasha's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

so there is an actual duel between Jaden and Yugi? o man i wanna see that one too bad ill be an old man before i can see it here well in times like this only one thing to say... To the Internet!
    Been gone for 3 months ive lost alot but learned alot now im back... but for how long i wonder?
    *meow* =^-^=

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, it's episode 180, but the setup is the episode before.

It's alright, Yugi's a cheap bastard and this is certainly a reminder, but up until the end I don't think he did anything particularly Yugihax.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ok thanks for the info i suppose i could Veoh that. heh wonder if Jaden creates a time paradox now that would be funny and is it just me or did Yugis Grandpa go senile or is he just joking around?
    *meow* =^-^=

Closed Thread

Thread Information