AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Fox vs. ESRB

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Fox vs. ESRB

http://kotaku.com/347350/keighley-se...ht-or-tries-to
    So much for trying to get an objective panel. I just found this and was... annoyed. Geoff Keighley was the only person who had any idea what they were talking about. He was the only person enlightened to what Mass Effect really was. Everyone else was - well - ignorant. They completely got it wrong and they challenge the ESRB.

They think Mass Effect should be rated "A" for adults only. Their main arguments were violence and sexuality aimed at younger audiences. Who here, that has played the game, would agree with that?

Fox - run by stupid people.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless111 View Post
    They think Mass Effect should be rated "A" for adults only. Their main arguments were violence and sexuality aimed at younger audiences. Who here, that has played the game, would agree with that?

Fox - run by stupid people.
    Violence? Pfft. Hell, I played it for like 2 hours... it was hardly violent. Or at least it doesn't compare with Gears of War in terms of violent.

And I heard there's like a second of bare butt in the game. NUDITY TEH OH NOES!!

I haven't fully played it though... But it's not a A-rated game.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Senior Member blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2014 01:53 PM
    I live some where in Michigan and thats all Im telling
    Threads

Fox just want rating even going as far as calling the Xbox the "Se"Xbox seriously thats just freakin retarded my respect for the Fox network just went down another level. I believe its also just a dumb excuse for greedy parents to sue game publisher for some extra cash.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

WHAT? FOX IS RUN BY INSANE HYPERCONSERVATIVES THAT PREY ON THE IGNORANCE OF THE COMMON FOLK TO GET RATINGS, NO MATTER THE COST TO TRUTH OR AT LEAST NEUTRALITY?!

Oh wait, that's nothing new. Geraldo did the same exact thing back in the days of Mortal Kombat and the like. It's not shocking to find out who pays his bills.

Senior Member Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2010 02:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: i have 1 but idk it

there as low as esrb to me now, and I reaaaaaaaally hate esrb

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Agreed. it is stupid. The whole argument. But fox should at least take away, "it should be rated A" that was just stupid. And the therapist didn't even play the game or view the game. So really who cares because what she said, she was just blowing it out of her butt.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Brojasu View Post
    there as low as esrb to me now, and I reaaaaaaaally hate esrb

Why? They provide an important ratings system that, while the method is slightly flawed, gives parents a good idea of what to expect in the game.

The only beef I could possibly see is if you were underage and your mommy and daddy wouldn't let you buy anything rated M, in which case I applaud them and any of the stores that have turned you down. It gives the industry a sense of legitimacy when people enforce the ratings system, and it gives the opposition less ammunition to shoot with.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Jose101's Chevalier #4 rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2008 12:11 PM
    In Hamashimura's "dungeon"...if you know what I mean
    Threads

Ok, first off its FOXNews. What the hell are they not against. Its run by a bunch of conservatives who want to ruin everything for everyone. They're just religious psychos that dont know how to have any fun.

Second, does it really matter? I mean video games are hardly to blame for any of the stuff thats happened in the world. Its just utter lunacy to think that this stuff is even a subject on a national news network. Arent there more important things to be talking about? Like, oh i dont know, IRAQ or THE ELECTION.

Anyway, its up to the parents to look after their kids, not the government or political/religious groups. If you dont want your kids to see whatever then dont let them.
    ~Yay! This is the first sig I ever made!~
    Wanna be friends? Just drop me a line.
    My family is in my blog. Pm me to become a member.
    The more the merrier!

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/features/1...ss_Effect.html

But this is old news, and Cooper Lawrence (the "psycology expert") has already admitted her remarks as misinformed and innacurate.

Fox on the other hand still hasn't budged on it's remarks.

I'd also like to add that yes, this is nothing new for Fox "News", but it's really nothing new for any news channel.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by rubberbabybuggybumper View Post

Second, does it really matter? I mean video games are hardly to blame for any of the stuff thats happened in the world. Its just utter lunacy to think that this stuff is even a subject on a national news network. Arent there more important things to be talking about? Like, oh i dont know, IRAQ or THE ELECTION.
    It doesn't really matter, as in it won't affect your life dramatically. But does anything matter? 98.34561% of the things on AF don't matter. You want to discuss IRAQ or THE ELECTION? Don't come to the video games section of the forums.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Theomorphic Abomination Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 11:32 PM
    Threads

I disagree. Fox is using genius reasoning here, as they always do to bring you quality news without any favoritism or uninformed preconceived conclusions. They don't even have to play the game. There's a gun on the cover. It's hard to see; you have to squint at the right hand corner but it's there. Also, the woman in the background of the cover instead of the very front shows that the game developers are chauvinistic pigs that advocate the degradation of women. You have to look outside the box for once to really get where Fox is coming from. And by look outside the box, I mean think like an idiot.

Jose101's Chevalier #4 rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2008 12:11 PM
    In Hamashimura's "dungeon"...if you know what I mean
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless111 View Post
    It doesn't really matter, as in it won't affect your life dramatically. But does anything matter? 98.34561% of the things on AF don't matter. You want to discuss IRAQ or THE ELECTION? Don't come to the video games section of the forums.
    I meant that it shouldnt be a topic of discussion on a national news network. They are the ones that should be covering the more important issues. Not if a 12 year old should be able to see nudity. Its just superficial topics like this that get me annoyed cause its not news. I could care less what goes on in AF.

Its obvious you didnt understand what i was trying to say. But thats ok.
    Im just sorry I had to explain it to you.
    ~Yay! This is the first sig I ever made!~
    Wanna be friends? Just drop me a line.
    My family is in my blog. Pm me to become a member.
    The more the merrier!

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

And yet another reason why I continue not to watch Fox. Fox always screws around with things, I'm not surprised. The ESRB plays a crucial role in gaming, but they do sometimes overdo things. I'll admit that. I haven't even played Mass Effect, but I do know what it's about.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Senior Member Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2010 02:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: i have 1 but idk it

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke23 View Post
    Why? They provide an important ratings system that, while the method is slightly flawed, gives parents a good idea of what to expect in the game.

The only beef I could possibly see is if you were underage and your mommy and daddy wouldn't let you buy anything rated M, in which case I applaud them and any of the stores that have turned you down. It gives the industry a sense of legitimacy when people enforce the ratings system, and it gives the opposition less ammunition to shoot with.
    no it not that i can't get them, its because they go too far like giving oblivion an M because some idiot out there made a mod on the pc version so u could see a girls chest and they sometimes over rate games

Senior Member CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero has a reputation beyond repute CyraXZero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2008 12:47 PM
    that place between a house and another house....
    Threads

manhunt 2 doesn't have a chance. mass effect is the worst thing that's ever been released to the public you can see half a nipple! A HALF!!
    -------------------------------------
    You Conceited wretched HUMAN!

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by CyraXZero View Post
    manhunt 2 doesn't have a chance. mass effect is the worst thing that's ever been released to the public you can see half a nipple! A HALF!!
    Newsflash: Manhunt 2 has already been released! That's right, a censored version of the game has already been released, and it looks as if they chucked a bunch of Photoshop effects into the game to hide the executions.

An exception to this is in Holand, where thanks to a law that pretty much says "Decide if you don't like it for yourselves", a completely uncut version of the game has been released. Another exception is in the UK, where the BBFC seem to think we need to be told what we can and cannot play.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

no it not that i can't get them, its because they go too far like giving oblivion an M because some idiot out there made a mod on the pc version so u could see a girls chest and they sometimes over rate games
    Actually, no 360 game is modproof. In fact, until the PS2 version ended up with the Hot Coffee mod Rockstar had plausible deniability pretty much locked in. As I said, their method needs a bit of tweaking, but in this day and age where the conservative right is just shy of demanding the death penalty for any and all employees of Rockstar on principle along it's definitely better to err on the side of caution.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That idiot was a hero. The Elder Scrolls series used to have Full Frontal Nudity without any mod. Vile Bethesda stole the nudity from the people when they created Morrowind, curse their black hearts. Why in my day, a nude wood elf was not something to be ashamed of. People would only wear clothes when talking to NPCs, and only because they refused to talk to you in the buff. But nowadays, you have "decency" and "morals". Bah, I say.

Now where did I leave my dentures?
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Ball Tripper has a reputation beyond repute Ball Tripper has a reputation beyond repute Ball Tripper has a reputation beyond repute Ball Tripper has a reputation beyond repute Ball Tripper has a reputation beyond repute Ball Tripper has a reputation beyond repute Ball Tripper has a reputation beyond repute Ball Tripper has a reputation beyond repute Ball Tripper has a reputation beyond repute Ball Tripper has a reputation beyond repute Ball Tripper has a reputation beyond repute Ball Tripper's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2008 10:06 PM
    Threads

Ahh the age old story. Stuck up jerks talking about things they know nothing about. The gaming industry has dealt with this for years and years now.
    Two sides of the same coin; when happiness is unknown, sorrow has no meaning. The pain is lessened.

Closed Thread

Thread Information