AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 08th MS Team

Grey Wolf ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Neko Tv Wolf Red Ribbon
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2014 07:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

Default 08th MS Team

Have any of you seen the 08th MS Team? I think it's one of the more proper Gundam series; the machines aren't heroic and invincible, they are actually practical and they can even sustain heavy damage from falling down. What are your opinions, good and bad, on this series?
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Senior Member Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2008 07:19 PM
    Threads

Since when were MS heroic? I think you meant that about the pilots, but then that's no good because Shiro is as heroic as you get them...

Meh, the series was quite good in ground type battles, but then again I thought that the Zeon forces were underpowered, and somewhat invincible too..

Don't believe me? When Shiro attacked the Zeon base camped on the mountain side, he sneaked around for a counter attack. During this battle, he thought against Captain Norris in a Zaku II, and yet despite being shot at close range underwater by the Ground-type Gundam's mounted gun, he was able to get away safely.

Not to say that the Acguy took off that Gundam's head wasn't cool - but when he was trying to shoot down the hover tank... The Zeon pilot should've had no problem shooting him down, plus think of all that ammo!

Then you have the last few episodes.. When Shiro's in the Ez-8 Gundam - during his advance to the Zeon base, he encounters Zeon forces trying to destroy the Guntanks and all it took to take down a Zaku II is by shooting the arms and head... Either he was a crap Zeon pilot, or the Zaku II was extremely slow...

So apart from these slight oddities, and the bad romance story... It was a good "realistic" show.

But then most UC Gundam series are realistic -
    Gundam F91 with the Jegans, and the Gundam itself,
    V Gundam,
    0083 Stardust Memory,
    0080 War in the Pocket, the battles were quite "realistic", think about the gattling guns used..

Member MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2008 10:45 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I hate the Wii

It was pretty good, certainly more...realistic.

Cheesy romance story though, not nearly as good as the likes of Kamile and Four and Amuro and Lala(though they weren't lovers)

But you get my point.

Grey Wolf ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I think it's one of realistic ones that I've seen.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Member MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by "Red" View Post
    Yeah, I think it's one of realistic ones that I've seen.
    It's a little too short though.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Do you think they could have made it last 50 episodes?
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Senior Member Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No, probably not. The initial director died towards the end of the show, only for another person to finish the job.

And anyway, the major series did that, being 0079, Z Gundam (ZZ to finish Z off, the CCA to conclude the A&C rival) and other individual series, like V Gundam, X Gundam, V Gundam and Turn A...

The shorter ones, like 08th MS Team, 0080, Stardust Memory were just side stories (OVAs) to be honest.. You didn't learn anything much that helped the storyline, I think Stardust Memory kinda ruined the timeline...

Hence why now Gundam has turned all mainstream since Wing (then Turn A), SEED, SEED Destiny, Gundam 00.

The last few series are long serials, so I guess they're getting their act together..

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I don't see how there getting thier act together when there making non stop sidestories and specials for the Seed universe.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MobilepoopGundam View Post
    I don't see how there getting thier act together when there making non stop sidestories and specials for the Seed universe.

Well I should have said from their point of view, they have even more pretty boy characters now.. Not to mention Gundams.

So they might as well go, Wing was popular, lets carry on with some stuff there. SEED was pretty good, lets make a sequel!

It's no good anymore for old school fans.. But then Gundam 00 shows some promise.

Senior Member ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell has a reputation beyond repute ghost_in_the_shell's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2008 11:43 AM
    Threads

Plain and simply the best Gundam.

I liked how it was believable and as mentioned before - the MS were not seemingly indestructible - or the pilots were not super humans fighting against a whole army ( mind you thats not to say i didn't enjoy wing or seed ). I suppose because it was geared to an older audience that also appealed to me.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I'd have to say Shiro Amada's Ez8 was one of my fave mecha in the series, as well as the GM Sniper.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'd have to say Shiro Amada's Ez8 was one of my fave mecha in the series, as well as the GM Sniper.
    Hmm I *kinda* have to disagree with you on that one, it's an odd colour - it's not actually white, but cream. I mean sure, it's an upgraded unit, but in what way?

The other ground-type Gundams were built from whatever scrap the engineers had left, and so when Shiro trashed his Gundam, they had to build him another one, with only minor improvements (in my opinion). This only included better torso armour and mounted machine guns in the head and torso. The output generator for the Ez-8 was upped to 1580kW, only 30kW more than the mass production Gundams, but it's kinda pointless as Shiro wasn't given a beam rifle and instead a standard machine gun.

The GM Sniper was essentially a standard ground-type GM but painted in different colours, however the best thing about this unit was that it was given a long-range beam rifle - that is if it's attached to a bigger power generator. The GM only has an output of 1150kW, which could just about handle the demands of a beam rifle, but not enough for a long-range beam rifle.

If anything, I'd just be happy with a mass-produced Gundam.
    Last edited by Ikaruga; 02-05-2008 at 06:48 PM.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Ikaruga, for me, Ez8 is one of my favourites, because I think it preformed well with the machine gun, but it would have been fantastic if it had got given a beam rifle, and Shiro probably would have become an excellent pilot.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well I don't have much but here we go. I have seen a few episodes and I think u r right in saying the new robots are cooler cause they make a least some sense.
    Those are my thoughts on the series, like I said I haven't seen much of it so ya
    Gero Server Guru

I Slept with your Mother Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2010 07:25 PM
    Threads

this was one of my fav shows on midnight run next to Outlaw Star, I been building the MG 1/100th scale kits and of some I have I have Ground Combat Gundam, Ez8, Ground Combat GM, Gouf Custom and now the recently released GM Sniper

Senior Member B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2009 05:14 PM
    Threads

Ikaruga, for me, Ez8 is one of my favourites, because I think it preformed well with the machine gun, but it would have been fantastic if it had got given a beam rifle, and Shiro probably would have become an excellent pilot.
    Ever since they gave him Ai no Chikara in G Gen, Shrio *is* an excellent pilote...

And stronger than Kira in SEED mode, so much for super coordinators o_O
    Last edited by B Gundam; 02-18-2008 at 02:54 AM.
    Life is like Gundam ZZ, anime ja nai!
    B Gundam's sigs

For we are one World with one Dream!
    Some things are timeless. In a literal sense.

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2014 10:38 PM
    Threads

08th MS team is a blast! You gotta see!

There was that funny and weird seen, as can be seen in the following image:

For something set in the future, they sure use a lot of 90s technology

Senior Member B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Apsarus must have DirectX for targetting display.
    B Gundam's sigs

I Slept with your Mother Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery is infamous around these parts Sean Connery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by B Gundam View Post

lol, yeah that is weird
    Last edited by Sean Connery; 02-24-2008 at 12:01 PM.

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That's how Microsoft got terribly rich. Royalties off of the DirectX system in use in Apsarus.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

That one cracks me up B
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post
    That's how Microsoft got terribly rich. Royalties off of the DirectX system in use in Apsarus.

I was thinking back to South Park the Movie

Fracking Windows 98, Get Bill Gates in here

then the General Shoots him, now we need a similar situation in 08th MS Team

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Gineas: "Didn't you say the new version of Windows would be better?"

Gates: "It *is* better!"

Gineas: Riiiiiight... *poisons the drinks, the rest is seen in the Anime*
    B Gundam's sigs

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 02:19 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post
    08th MS team is a blast! You gotta see!

There was that funny and weird seen, as can be seen in the following image:

For something set in the future, they sure use a lot of 90s technology
    ever see gundam wing, intel (intel out side), directions for installing TWAIN (Hero's test result when he was in the hospital) and linux are all over it .
    Last edited by demonplight; 02-25-2008 at 03:35 AM.
    [my stuff] I make my sigs.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by demonplight View Post
    ever see gundam wing, intel (intel out side), directions for installing TWAIN (Hero's test result when he was in the hospital) and linux are all over it .
    In Gundam 0083 Nina was programming the Gundam using C. Imagine that! 100 or 200 years from now and C is still in use

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information