AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Chobits, girly?

Hybrid View

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2014 04:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Post Chobits, girly?

I was looking at other forums recently and found some hits! Several posted on the subject if Chobits was girly. To me, it's quite girly, but not the girliest. I've heard it's aimed at guys, but others say it's aimed at girls(or is that the difference between the anime and manga?). To me, just listen to the OP and ED! Dosen't all that, "Ooh ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, Let me be with you" stuff sound girly? Not to mention the flowing, and flowery art work! Dosen't that pink bunny Atari that represents Chii scream girly?! Really, how is this show aimed specifically at guys(no matter how much fanservice) if you look and listen to it? I ask you!

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 11:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Both the anime and manga are definitely aimed at guys. Don't worry. The biggest hints of this are the ecchi scenes AND that the main character is a male teenager who interacts with several women. (and gets excited over them) You can guarantee that a series is for guys if the main character is a guy and there is fanservice for guys. CLAMP, the author of Chobits have always had a girlish style and they draw more shoujo manga than shounen manga so that's why the artwork looks girly.

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 小美ドクロchan View Post
    Both the anime and manga are definitely aimed at guys. Don't worry. The biggest hints of this are the ecchi scenes AND that the main character is a male teenager who interacts with several women. (and gets excited over them) You can guarantee that a series is for guys if the main character is a guy and there is fanservice for guys. CLAMP, the author of Chobits have always had a girlish style and they draw more shoujo manga than shounen manga so that's why the artwork looks girly.
    Ah, I see.

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    Threads

Agreed with the ---chan. Seeing a LOT of girls are particularly surrounding the main guy, it's basically aimed at him. If it was in the girly term, there should be a sweet courtship around them, and also cute scenes. Well, I just thought that what I mentioned is common.

Senior Member Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2008 07:19 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Lau View Post
    I was looking at other forums recently and found some hits! Several posted on the subject if Chobits was girly. To me, it's quite girly, but not the girliest. I've heard it's aimed at guys, but others say it's aimed at girls(or is that the difference between the anime and manga?). To me, just listen to the OP and ED! Dosen't all that, "Ooh ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, Let me be with you" stuff sound girly? Not to mention the flowing, and flowery art work! Dosen't that pink bunny Atari that represents Chii scream girly?! Really, how is this show aimed specifically at guys(no matter how much fanservice) if you look and listen to it? I ask you!
    Not at all girly... Though my sister sort of does think it is.. until it gets to the perverted bits..

IIRC a female Chobits fan slapped a guy round the face because of something to do with the show, I think it was becuase he said the show was essentially Hideki wanting to get laid, and that sleeping with Chii had no problem of reseting her (see the episode when she went into the peepshow room, Chii is says that only the right one can go down there)...
    Last edited by Ikaruga; 02-03-2008 at 06:48 PM.

Mega Man ZX Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2009 08:16 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: None

I don't think that it's too girly. Some bits are just perverted, in some parts.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In one of Newtype's older issues, it featured an interview with the staff of the Chobits anime, and they said it's targeted towards females. I odn't know whether to agree with them or not, since they're not CLAMP. And no, I didn't disregard anything said above in this thread. To me, I just want a straight forward answer from CLAMP themselves...wonder how I can contact them?

Alias's Child Prodigy! prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2008 01:54 PM
    Threads

I will simply say what I think the target market for Chobits is:
    1. Men who do not have a relationship and are experiencing some difficulties acquiring one.
    2. Men and women who are having difficulties in maintaining a relationship with felow humans.
    3. Unknown X
    Last edited by prototypetetra; 02-06-2008 at 10:49 PM.

Senior Member Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91 has a reputation beyond repute Azrael91's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2008 11:11 AM
    Threads

by your sig, it looks girly.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael91 View Post
    by your sig, it looks girly.
    Yeah, but I don't really care if it's girly, I like it alot. I'm even thinking of changing my user name to Chii Motosuwa, so I can express my admiration for this anime even further. Just got to post like, 25,000 more times.

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 11:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Chi herself is girly but I'm still sure the series is aimed at guys. XD

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 小美ドクロchan View Post
    Chi herself is girly but I'm still sure the series is aimed at guys. XD
    Yay, girly! I like girly girls, they would make the perfect soulmate.

Closed Thread

Thread Information