AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which yami would murder you?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atemu

6 37.50%
  • Marik

4 25.00%
  • Bakura

4 25.00%
  • Your own....Hold the phone! You don't have one! *cackles as you mutter some very colorful words*

4 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who would kill you?

Senior Member dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2008 10:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Who would kill you?

Which yami would be the most likely to get pissed off at you and murder you? Y. Atemu, Y. Marik, or Y. Bakura? Be sure to tell why.

For me it'd probably be Atemu. Hah, Marik and Bakura would be far too amused (even slightly afraid) to kill me. I happen to dislike Atemu, so I don't believe that he would be intelligent enough to be wary of me.

Hehe, I heard read this a couple of years back and thought I might note it:

Yugioh: Multiple Personality Disorder...with CARDS!

Cracked me up when I first read it.
    I embrace all that humanity fears within.

Our perception of the world allows us to perceive ourselves.

Being different often means being alone.

Some people try so hard to hide from the world, only to find that the world doesn't know they exist. Will you give up?

I just graduated from the Psycho Ward, wanna play?

Member MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2008 10:45 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I hate the Wii

Why would you ask if you wanted to choose who would kill us?

Can't we just live instead?

Senior Member dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light has a reputation beyond repute dark_is_light's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MobilepoopGundam View Post
    Why would you ask if you wanted to choose who would kill us?

Can't we just live instead?
    What would be the fun in that?

Some people try so hard to hide from the world, only to find that the world doesn't know they exist. Will you give up?

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

Why would two ancient spirits and an insane split personality care to kill me? I'm a fairly competent duelist, I'm fairly certain Bakura and Marik would at best attempt to recruit me and Atemu would just be all "sup, noob?"

Now, if I was somehow relevant to the story, it'd most likely be that lucky bastard Jonouichi that took me down with a coin toss of destiny or some crap.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke23 View Post
    Why would two ancient spirits and an insane split personality care to kill me? I'm a fairly competent duelist, I'm fairly certain Bakura and Marik would at best attempt to recruit me and Atemu would just be all "sup, noob?"

Now, if I was somehow relevant to the story, it'd most likely be that lucky bastard Jonouichi that took me down with a coin toss of destiny or some crap.
    The question would be "Why wouldn't two ancient spirits and an insane split personality care to kill [you]?"

The word insane should make it obvious. And I believe that Bakura and Atemu are a bit wacko from being in shiny golden objects for five millenia. And lunatics all have set-offs, so which one would be most likely to despise you and want to rip your guts out through your throat?

google.translate for the win! SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2014 12:53 PM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well I think that Marik, if some of them, would kill me. I meen, come on, the dude is creepy as hell! That evil smile, the whole "I-will-send-you-to-the-shadow-realm-crap". Come on, he just stinks blood and murder. Im sure that he would enjoy killing me too (or just send me to the shadow realm) :P that insane #¤%! ^_^

Atemu wouldnt kill me..., he would love me (, save me from Marik) and bring me cookies! ;D

Mm.. cookies <3
    Last edited by SuXrys; 01-27-2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: My english is just as bad as I am :P hoho
    Sol, vind och vatten är det bästa som jag vet
    men det är på dig jag tänker i hemlighet
    Sol, vind och vatten, höga berg och djupa hav
    Det, är mina drömmar vävda av

Full song, click, and text and translation to the song above, click.
    One of my absolute favorite summer songs.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    Well I think that Marik, if some of them, would kill me. I meen, come on, the dude is creepy as hell! That evil smile, the whole "I-will-send-you-to-the-shadow-realm-crap". Come on, he just stinks blood and murder. Im sure that he would enjoy killing me too (or just send me to the shadow realm) :P that insane #¤%! ^_^
    Well, Marik can't help it. He was created from hate, therefore he must partake in the more gruesome of hobbies. Plus who wouldn't enjoy a little torture every now and then? JK.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    Atemu wouldnt kill me..., he would love me (, save me from Marik) and bring me cookies! ;D

Mm.. cookies <3
    *eyetwitch* Atemu loves you? GO! LEAVE MY PRESENCE! YOU MAKE THE VERY LIQUID IN MY EYES BOIL! Hehe, JK.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by dark_is_light View Post
    The question would be "Why wouldn't two ancient spirits and an insane split personality care to kill [you]?"

The word insane should make it obvious. And I believe that Bakura and Atemu are a bit wacko from being in shiny golden objects for five millenia. And lunatics all have set-offs, so which one would be most likely to despise you and want to rip your guts out through your throat?
    Well no. You see, Bakura is lucid in his insanity; His is a religious zeal that's kept him going all these years. Atemu was unconscious during that entire time, so he really had no feeling of time passing. Besides, his insanity is that he kills those that are "impure," so long as you play by the rules and don't piss the midget he lives in off you'd be safe.

Marik would be the one most LIKELY to kill me, because he's a schizophrenic with extremely violent tendencies before Atemu haxx0rz his brain. However, he understands the whole "killing draws attention to yourself" thing and unless I was part of a whole group of people dying he wouldn't kill just me.

No, Joey will be the one to signal my downfall. I stand by that. Besides, he's the only one that's killed a man in an actual fistfight and NOT with a children's card game.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well no. You see, Bakura is lucid in his insanity; His is a religious zeal that's kept him going all these years. .
    He is nevertheless insane. And he would still be more likely to kill someone than the average person.

Atemu was unconscious during that entire time, so he really had no feeling of time passing. Besides, his insanity is that he kills those that are "impure," so long as you play by the rules and don't piss the midget he lives in off you'd be safe.
    It's not simply playing by THE rules so much as it is by HIS rules. There's a distinct difference. I hold to the belief that he is a barely-repressed ego maniac that is likely to go off at any second. Oh, and I'm willing to bet that the midget would be surprisingly easy to piss off. Especially if you called him a midget.

Marik would be the one most LIKELY to kill me, because he's a schizophrenic with extremely violent tendencies before Atemu haxx0rz his brain. However, he understands the whole "killing draws attention to yourself" thing and unless I was part of a whole group of people dying he wouldn't kill just me.
    I still wouldn't place any money on that if I were you.

No, Joey will be the one to signal my downfall. I stand by that. Besides, he's the only one that's killed a man in an actual fistfight and NOT with a children's card game.
    ...why would Jou want to kill you again?

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

...why would Jou want to kill you again?
    Because if I was hypothetically in the series's world, I wouldn't be a nice person to hang around, would probably be at odds with them, and as I said he would finish me off with some BS coin toss that would somehow end my life in a manner unspecified.

Eh, I prefer the villains from GX more anyhow. Society of Light ftw!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Eh, I prefer the villains from GX more anyhow. Society of Light ftw!
    Sacrilege! I'm sorry, well actually I'm not, but GX is the worst thing to ever happen to Yugioh. It's a cheap sequel series made simply for the fact that the original Yugioh was so popular.

And their villans are nothing compared to Bakura and Marik! Bakura and Marik will pwn all who oppose them...except a certain b@$!@+d pharaoh who cheats by bribing Fate itself with things I cannot mention here on this thread because it is to explicit to mention.

I do however respect your right to have a differing opinion. Grrr. Hehe.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Psh please. From a storytelling standpoint, the characters introduced in the Society of Light arc have more to them than Marik or Bakura, who even though I like them are, let's face it, shallow as all hell.

Believe me, GX is a lot better when you stop thinking about it as a replacement for Yu-Gi-Oh! and instead see it as something more along the lines of a technically-canon fanfic set in the same world. After all, that's pretty much what it is.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Psh please. From a storytelling standpoint, the characters introduced in the Society of Light arc have more to them than Marik or Bakura, who even though I like them are, let's face it, shallow as all hell.
    Bakura and Marik are far more intriguing characters those I've seen on GX. They are my co-conspirators (and we will rule the world temporarily...forever) and no one will ever top them in that abomination of a series.

Believe me, GX is a lot better when you stop thinking about it as a replacement for Yu-Gi-Oh! and instead see it as something more along the lines of a technically-canon fanfic set in the same world. After all, that's pretty much what it is.
    Perhaps it is in your eyes, but I have not been interested in what I have seen of the GX series. That has yet to be altered.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Bakura and Marik are far more intriguing characters those I've seen on GX. They are my co-conspirators (and we will rule the world temporarily...forever) and no one will ever top them in that abomination of a series.

Perhaps it is in your eyes, but I have not been interested in what I have seen of the GX series. That has yet to be altered.
    Ah, but that's YOU imposing your own reactions and fantasies on the characters, giving them phantom depth. A lot of people do this, and it colors their judgement, understandably.

As for you finding GX uninteresting, I can't really argue with opinion without looking like an idiot, so I won't. There is, however, a difference between "I find it uninteresting" and "this is a cheap ripoff of a previous series, disregarding the fact that the creator of the original performs quality control and has given the series his blessing as what is to become of the characters a decade after the events of the first series."

Clearly if the creator feels Yu-Gi-Oh! has little overall to do with Yugi as an individual, and it's HIS baby, then anyone that argues opposite that is an idiot.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah, but that's YOU imposing your own reactions and fantasies on the characters, giving them phantom depth. A lot of people do this, and it colors their judgement, understandably.
    Nah, I was just messing around with that co-conspirators thing. They were great characters before the thought had even begun forming in my head.

As for you finding GX uninteresting, I can't really argue with opinion without looking like an idiot, so I won't. There is, however, a difference between "I find it uninteresting" and "this is a cheap ripoff of a previous series, disregarding the fact that the creator of the original performs quality control and has given the series his blessing as what is to become of the characters a decade after the events of the first series."

Clearly if the creator feels Yu-Gi-Oh! has little overall to do with Yugi as an individual, and it's HIS baby, then anyone that argues opposite that is an idiot.
    I don't really care about the midget's character as much. He was always too goody-goody to interest me. But characters such as Marik and Bakura shouldn't be just gone if there is another series...though that is just my opinion. Aside from that, I seriously think "the creator" (as you named him) had better work on the original Yugioh.

I don't suppose we'll ever agree.

Millicent Blanche dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2012 02:13 AM
    Underneath the night sky gazing at the moon and the shining stars sitting in a cliff above the ocean
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Actually,if there's no reason to be killed and live.
    Well,if A Yami would kill might as well be killed by Atem. I'd rather be killed by a royal blood!!! and someboy who has good judgement.
    Sets made by Mira Kaiba!!!^^

An exchange for a little bit of happiness is a life shattering pain. Bend if you must not break.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by dream magician View Post
    Well,if A Yami would kill might as well be killed by Atem. I'd rather be killed by a royal blood!!! and someboy who has good judgement.
    *raises eyebrow* Royal blood is no better than the blood of anyone else. Sorry, but it's true.

So why would Atemu want to kill you? The question isn't who you would want to be killed by, but who would be the most likely to finish you off.
    Last edited by dark_is_light; 01-28-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

d_i_l: I didn't say I didn't like the characters, just that they were rather shallow. I still enjoyed them.

The reason none of them are in GX is they all died by the end of the series.

I'm not arguing that the original sucked, I liked it. I just don't like the hate of GX around here(not just disinterest, actual hate). FYI, Takahashi would have probably penned GX if he wasn't so busy with Yu-Gi-Oh! R, which deals with the original cast. Look it up, I like it as much as I liked the other two.
    Last edited by Sanosuke23; 01-28-2008 at 10:30 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

d_i_l: I didn't say I didn't like the characters, just that they were rather shallow. I still enjoyed them.

The reason none of them are in GX is they all died by the end of the series.
    I know. I'll never get over the sadness. Melodrama aside, those characters could have been more than they were. But of course they had to be foes the whole time and portrayed in a bad light, then the series was over. Yet that idiot Atemu got to be the bloody hero of it all when he was no less darkness than they just because he was the bloody pharaoh.

There could have been so much more. That is one of the things I dislike about the original Yugioh series. I mean Bakura at least should have been portrayed better than he was through most of the series. The whole Kuru Eruna thing more than explains his grudge against Atemu yet was not considered as damning as it was. Anyone who went through something like that would turn out so. Yet that, though it was a big part of his character, for some reason wasn't enough of an excuse to redeem his character.

And Marik? So what if he was a split personality born from Malik's hate. He was evil and demented the whole freaking time. I don't care if he was considered "dark" but darkness and evil are two separate things (And I will not go into my beliefs of darkness at the moment.). The way it ended up expressed the underlying statement that whatever you are born, you cannot change. Evil parents (er...hate would be considered as one, then Malik the other I guess. Does that make Hate female? Or is there something about Malik that we don't know... )...anyway, Evil parents=Evil offspring, Pharaoh=Hero, and for some reason that is absolute.

But I do like the series, don't get me wrong, and I like it far better than GX. Yugioh is great, one of my favorite series', but I just don't agree with everything in it.[/quote]

I'm not arguing that the original sucked, I liked it. I just don't like the hate of GX around here(not just disinterest, actual hate). FYI, Takahashi would have probably penned GX if he wasn't so busy with Yu-Gi-Oh! R, which deals with the original cast. Look it up, I like it as much as I liked the other two.
    Just so you know, I don't really hate GX, but compared to how much I liked the original...yeah, anyway.

I have heard of Yu-gi-oh! R, but I have yet to get it. I might in the future.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah Bakura the Thief had good reason to hate the Pharaoh, but Yami Bakura is not that character. He is Zorc, Generic Ultimate Evil Extraordinnaire. It's sad when a bit player has more depth than the main villain.

The "Dark != Evil" concept is actually a key point in GX, where Light is a destructive force and Jaden wields the power of the Darkness of Justice. It's been pointed out that Atemu was the supreme wielder of light, and some feel a crossover is inevitable.

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Cool

I say Marik would kill me. I say this because he and I have very different personalities and often when 2 different people have 2 different personalties they tend to conflict a lot. Also if I pissed him off he would most likely stab me in the chest that is why I think he would kill me
    Gero Server Guru

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah Bakura the Thief had good reason to hate the Pharaoh, but Yami Bakura is not that character. He is Zorc, Generic Ultimate Evil Extraordinnaire. It's sad when a bit player has more depth than the main villain.
    That's the problem.

The "Dark != Evil" concept is actually a key point in GX, where Light is a destructive force and Jaden wields the power of the Darkness of Justice. It's been pointed out that Atemu was the supreme wielder of light, and some feel a crossover is inevitable.
    True, but my main issue wasn't the whole dark/light thing, but rather the all the bits about you are what you are no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Gero50 View Post
    I say Marik would kill me. I say this because he and I have very different personalities and often when 2 different people have 2 different personalties they tend to conflict a lot. Also if I pissed him off he would most likely stab me in the chest that is why I think he would kill me
    What differences between your personalities would cause that "conflict"? Your statement on why is a bit vague. I do admit that the method is likely, if he was to kill you that is.
    Last edited by dark_is_light; 01-28-2008 at 11:46 PM.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

No yeah, I got that about the "sum of your parts" thing. I was just pointing out that the original has a black and white good vs. evil story that's somewhat bland and hypocritical, while GX focuses more on balance. Most of the villains are sympathetic characters, and Judai's no saint.

Meanwhile you have Yugi making people braindead and/or soulless "FOR GREAT JUSTICE." Meanwhile the angry orphan that grew into a bitter young man due to his family's death due to Atemu's father is the bad guy, right?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No yeah, I got that about the "sum of your parts" thing. I was just pointing out that the original has a black and white good vs. evil story that's somewhat bland and hypocritical, while GX focuses more on balance. Most of the villains are sympathetic characters, and Judai's no saint.

Meanwhile you have Yugi making people braindead and/or soulless "FOR GREAT JUSTICE." Meanwhile the angry orphan that grew into a bitter young man due to his family's death due to Atemu's father is the bad guy, right?
    You have quite good points. I wish I did like the GX better, because their storyline does seem more accurate. But the original's characters were better and that really helps make the series, even though that friendship "group" *cough* orgy *cough* (though not literally), was...just *shudder*.

Ah, well, nothing is perfect. And if it was, then it would not be interesting at all to me.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah. Besides, the friendship aspect was a key point without twenty-minute long speeches in the Japanese one. I mean they still HAD them, but they were much less a dominating force and more a last-ditch inspirational thing.

To tell the truth, I can't stand 4Kids dubs enough to watch GX in english, but the original I can. I can only assume they still internal monologue over every single dramatic pause in the entire series with a speech about friendship or never giving up or something. Honestly, if I didn't know where to find fansubs I don't think I'd like GX either.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information