AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Genshiken 1 and 2

Member Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2008 05:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Genshiken 1 and 2

genshiken is 1 of my favorite series along with "Welcome to NHK"
    the anime describes their hobbies and trials and adventures throught their life as a otaku basically a sort of SLICE OF LIFE anime. this shows pretty funny and kinda realistic too. they need more episodes! any1 enjoyed it? opinions?

oh and i love the OP for Genshiken 2 sasahra pretended to be amuro and madarame pretended to be char

AF's Hopeless Romantic Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 09:14 PM
    in the Heart of the lady destined for me.
    Threads

Genshiken is also at the top of my list as one of my favorite slice of life animes. I own Season one on DVD and have seen all of season two.

The direction of the story for season two was interesting in the that all the characters were trying to move on with their lives. Season two became less about a club dedicated to visual media (anime, video games, doujinshi) into the story of individuals struggling to find their voice in life.

The introduction to Oguie was probably the best thing about Season two for me. I really love her character and the Sasahara x Oguie pairing is simply hilarious to watch.

Although if you're looking for the entire story of Genshiken you might be better off reading the manga. The US has just finished translating and releasing the entire series so I suppose its about time I stopped reading them at Borders/Barnes and Noble and start purchasing them to place in my Manga collection.

Season two captures the most important events from the manga BUT also leaves out important plot holes (like how Oguie came to join Genshiken and some side stories like Sasahara and Oguie's first date). Season two's ending also differs from the manga's ending and I really do wish they incorporated the manga's ending instead since it paid homage to the first episode/chapter of Genshiken in a way.

All in all, Genshiken is a wonderful series that showcases normal everyday people who have a love for all things otaku (and one that loathes it). I do have to admit though the yaoi episode of season two and also the episode focusing on Tanaka and Ohno becoming a couple had some pretty vivid content. Not so much the Ohno and Tanaka episode but the yaoi one had what seemed to me, a high amount of animation quality and was simply entertaining. It gave me a better understanding of character archetypes some female otaku find attractive.

Okay that's all the praises I want to sing about Genshiken...for now haha.

People that I think are awesome aka ones I admire and the ones that think I'm a nice guy:
    ~ Celessa Avalon ~ Raye Hino Tora_no_Umei Nyanko Tears

Member Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker has a reputation beyond repute Gravemaker's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2010 09:55 AM
    Threads

I also consider Genshiken to be at the top of my favorite animes but if you want the whole story you really need to read the manga because it covers so much more and gives you more insight into the characters. The definition of a lot of the common terms listed in the manga is one of the funniest things.
    A clever man who taught his flesh the way of steel, this lasting man of resolve and will.

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 11:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I immensely enjoyed season 1 but haven't seen season 2 yet. :x

Closed Thread

Thread Information