AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: What was the last book you read?

Member Stenchgirl has a reputation beyond repute Stenchgirl has a reputation beyond repute Stenchgirl has a reputation beyond repute Stenchgirl has a reputation beyond repute Stenchgirl has a reputation beyond repute Stenchgirl has a reputation beyond repute Stenchgirl has a reputation beyond repute Stenchgirl has a reputation beyond repute Stenchgirl has a reputation beyond repute Stenchgirl has a reputation beyond repute Stenchgirl has a reputation beyond repute Stenchgirl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2008 01:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Unhappy What was the last book you read?

I haven't seen any booky-type threads around here and am beginning to fear I'm the only bookworm! *le gasp* So my question is what was the last book you read, and how long ago was it that you read it???

The last book I read was actually Girls In Pants, the third book in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. And I would just like to say that I normally do not read girly teen books, I just was given the first book by a friend and it was was decent, and me being the curious person I am, wanted to know what happened in the rest of the books! And this was like the day before yesterday or something. It was a very easy read!

Currently I am working on Fatal Revenant by Stephen R. Donaldson. It's the second book in the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. It only came out in October or something. It's far too intelligent though and taking me a while to read!

So anyways fellow anime fans, what books have you been reading?
    Bill Bandai: Everyone will buy my seemingly innocent toys and pay their hard earned money for them!
    Bill Clinton: So then the toys will rise up and destroy them?
    Bill Bandai: No, you ninny, they just SIT there. People will go nuts wondering WHEN they'll rise up and destroy them!

Eumorpha fasciata. MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2010 07:40 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1161-7211-1531

Oh don't worry, when I have the time- I'm a bookworm too! Last book I've read recently was the first Necroscope book from Brian Lumley... I love his books. I've read that one multiple times already as well as the rest of the Necroscope series. (And others by him)
    Slit your wrists and worship Keroppi.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

The Legacy of the Force series of the Star Wars novels, I Am America (And So Can You) by Stephen Colbert, The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks, and currently working on Lamb by Christopher Moore. If you haven't heard or read any Chris Moore books, then buy some. He's my favorite author and great with satire, but his books are sexy and action-y too. I love them.

Oh, and I read all of George Carlin's books. He's my favorite stand-up comedian.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

hmmm~
    Malays Forget easily by Dr. Mahathir Mohammad
    (stereotype? nah, he wants us to FORGET stereotyping)

The Party by Christopher Pike.
    Looking Good Dead by Peter James.

and also trying to read a bit of Sweep series by Cate Tiernan. and getting my hands on the Twilight series that people recommended.
    Last edited by Famahama; 01-21-2008 at 02:28 AM.
    Over-saturating since '07

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

Chapter 1 of Making Money by Terry Pratchett.

Really need to start reading that again.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Senior Member StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2010 12:42 PM
    Threads

The novel Battle Royale by Koushun Takami, not to be confused with the manga.

Senior Member Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2008 10:36 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: IzumiKonata

The last book I have read was The Breakfast Club.

i n c o g n i t o mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2009 11:28 AM
    Threads

Cool

I'm finishing up The Complete Stories of Sherlock Holmes Vol2... got a few more cases to read. Last book I finished was, of course, Vol1... around end of November, I think. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Stenchgirl View Post
    I haven't seen any booky-type threads around here and am beginning to fear I'm the only bookworm! *le gasp* So my question is what was the last book you read, and how long ago was it that you read it???
    You've just missed those thread by a few months since I see you've just joined the forum last Dec. It was full of "booky-type" of threads then as you call it and all other sensible threads in between^^ I came to know a number of bibliophiles then... ^^ Guess now they're lying low with all these misc threads seemingly pointing to another direction altogether...^^'

Senior Member Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The Scarlet Pimpernel

Vive la révolution!

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

Toujours Pur BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2024 11:42 PM
    Threads

The last book I read was Stephen king's 1408...twas a very thrilling story and I love it but my cousin says it's boring.o.O

Senior Member Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2008 07:19 PM
    Threads

Hmm last few books I read was the Second Life Herald and John Gray's Straw Dogs.

But then now I'm getting through Peter James' Not Dead Enough and Murakami's Almost Transparent Blue.

I'm a huge bookworm.

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The Adventures of Huck Finn in English class. It didn't interest me at first, but now I've got a little bit more into the book. I found it interesting because I can relate to Huck, and his abusive life, and the fact that he is an abolishonist. When it comes to manga, I'm currently reading the DearS series. I already read Chobits, and am thinking of reading Rozen Maiden, Lucky Star, and the rest of Battle Royale.

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 03:34 PM
    Threads

Well at the moment 2 books:
    The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch = great book, really great! A somewhat slow start, but it picks up soon enough!

A Companion to Wolves by Sarah Monette and Elizabeth Bear: I am usually causious of co-written books - but in this case it is uneeded causion - great tale and good righting!

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Like... for leisure? I honestly don't remember. It's been so long. I'm drowning in course literature. Like today, I bought THREE new books, for a hefty sum in the neighborhood of $300, adding just under 2000 more pages to be read.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

I has Return-ified. -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2013 06:47 PM
    Threads

Another bookworm! ^.^;

Currently I'm reading The Last Dragonlord by Joanne Bertin. It's a decent book, if you're into mythological/fantasy novels. I was reading Death of a Healer by Paul Henry Young. That one is about a neurosurgeon named Jake who runs into false accusations of faulty practices, lawsuits, and just basically being ganged up on by other neurosurgeons and medical practitioners because of his high standing in the medical community. One thing leads to another and his wife dies, he gets re-married to one of his former nurses and she dies when her plane blows up. I stopped reading there because the story was getting dry and depressing.

Anywho, I spend a LOT of time reading and I'm proud to say that Im a nerd/bookworm >_>;
    Current obsession: Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 <3

Uber-love to .Savage for this amazing set~ x3

Gifts:Simple1|Goodylucky|Karuto

~Facebook

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Anthem by Ayn Rand. And after reading it, International 4-8818's name made more sense to me. It was a good read and it was pretty short..

Super Member! -Whoosh- Innovative has a reputation beyond repute Innovative has a reputation beyond repute Innovative has a reputation beyond repute Innovative has a reputation beyond repute Innovative has a reputation beyond repute Innovative has a reputation beyond repute Innovative has a reputation beyond repute Innovative has a reputation beyond repute Innovative has a reputation beyond repute Innovative has a reputation beyond repute Innovative has a reputation beyond repute Innovative's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2009 01:40 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Ilikecocks(birds)

Catch 22.

Member JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself has a reputation beyond repute JD_Himself's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2010 01:40 AM
    Threads

Heroine Diaries I believe...

It's CAPTAIN Peon to YOU Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha has a reputation beyond repute Raidou Kuzunoha's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2008 09:21 PM
    Threads

Doctor Who books, just because I am a huge nerd like that. *laughs*

A joke between my sister and I... Don't mind me.

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Hiding in the Mirror. Pretty much an idiots guide to understanding the 4th dimension and the theoretical physics and all that great stuff.

~Lolitaloid~ Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts 151 - Mew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2011 06:46 PM
    Threads

I am a Bookworm,trust me (lol)

The last book I spent my time reading was the book "The Giver"
    Its about a boy who lives in a society where everything is the same,people are,what they do,how they live,ect.Well he doesn't like it and he finds a way to go against the society and he meets some old man( I think,this is the last book i've read but that was a little time ago since i read mainly manga now*lol*)and he tells him some way how he can and then after that the boy changes the whole society where everyone and thing is different.Yep I think thats how it happens(lol)
    Set by me.

I was Hieko.

... i am L. ♥ Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2015 05:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cynaethus PSN ID: cynaethus Steam ID: cynaethus

Wink Books

*Raises her hand* Bookworm too. :3

Since I'm in English Festival at my school, I've been given at least 8 books I have to read before the tournament in April. One of the books that I was given, was called "The Kite Runner" .. I think it's a movie now? Or at least I think it will be.. o_o; It was really good, and well written in my opinion. Although it can be graphic at some parts.. it has an all-around great storyline and shows how real life can be.

Also, just a quick question... Is Tru Calling a book series at all? Oo; Just wondering if anyone would know that since I adore the TV series.

btw, if anyone's looking for a good laugh.. I think you should look into "Teen Angst" .. it's a "celebration of bad poetry" .. :3 Veryy funny. Another one of my English Fest books.

[
    Currently : fighting zombies ] - [ TWEET | INSTA ]

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Siddhartha for AP Lit. >_>

The Rocker Witch Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Four Leaf Clover Watermelon
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2015 12:52 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wink

i think it was a vampire book i don't remember the name
    and i already lent it to my friend...

[set by blueangel06661]

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows...I don't know where the drive to Read Harry potter came from, but it came...
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Closed Thread

Thread Information