AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: <3 Lucky Star <3

AF's Danish Guy Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Spinning Beach Ball Doom Gir Be Mine
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2013 06:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Akira Kogami[LC] Really good fan dub they made there ^^

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2011 07:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gd0929918 View Post
    if you own the anime, take some screenshots and post them up

i would post some more, but im currently transferring all my anime from my external Hard Drive onto my other computer....
    Hehe, unfortunately I don't have the anime, I just borrowed from a friend who owns the DVDs (actually, she just downloaded them and copied it in a DVD-R, quite ingenius, Note: Don't do that and sell the cds, it's illegal).

You guys have been talking about the dubbing for Lucky Star, is it English dubbing you're talking about. The DVDs my friend lent me are subbed so I don't really know what the English dubbing is like, guess I'll check it out!

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

Senior Member Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2008 01:23 PM
    Threads

...what?

coming from a guy who does a lot of ADR in his work, i'd say the second one was way better than the first one, however the second one sounds less professional on the technical side of things (volume levels, heard a couple hard-cuts in there, etc).

PS, incase you're wondering what ADR is, it stands for Automatic Dialogue Recording, which takes all the audio clips in the video track and replaces them with recordings that are done in studio instead of out where the scene was filmed.
    The second one was to american, which was the problem with Pani Poni Dash!'s dubs. The voices didn't match the characters, the sounded like they were just reading lines from a piece of paper instaed of actually saying the lines. And quality, in this case, has nothing to do with it. The quality was perfectly fine.

Senior Member Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2008 10:36 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: IzumiKonata

Quote Originally Posted by Setosan View Post
    The second one was to american, which was the problem with Pani Poni Dash!'s dubs. The voices didn't match the characters, the sounded like they were just reading lines from a piece of paper instaed of actually saying the lines. And quality, in this case, has nothing to do with it. The quality was perfectly fine.

Thats the whole point of a dub.(Making an anime sound American) The voices matched the characters, so frankly I don't know what your talking about.
    Last edited by Akira Kogami[LC]; 03-01-2008 at 11:35 AM.

Senior Member Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan has a reputation beyond repute Setosan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Kogami[LC] View Post
    Thats the whole point of a dub.(Making an anime sound American) The voices matched the characters, so frankly I don't know what your talking about.
    Baka, that is not the point. The point of a dub is to have people that sound like the original voice actors voice over the character in english. First off, they didn't sound like them, and their voice was too american. By american, I mean just their how they speak. An american voice on a japanese character doesn't work. They English voice actor has to act like their character instead of just reading lines off a piece of paper in a regular voice. You have to watch more dubs to understand what I mean.

BuLmA's Cheer Leader Queen of sweets has a reputation beyond repute Queen of sweets has a reputation beyond repute Queen of sweets has a reputation beyond repute Queen of sweets has a reputation beyond repute Queen of sweets has a reputation beyond repute Queen of sweets has a reputation beyond repute Queen of sweets has a reputation beyond repute Queen of sweets has a reputation beyond repute Queen of sweets has a reputation beyond repute Queen of sweets has a reputation beyond repute Queen of sweets has a reputation beyond repute Queen of sweets's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2008 12:12 AM
    Threads

I like Lucky Star! It's so funny! XP
    My favourite chara is Tsukasa.
    She looks sooooo innocent. o_O"
    Cute set by KP4~thankieZ <3
    Sweet sig by Goodylucky~thankieZ <3
    {♥} S W E E T S {♥}

Senior Member gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2009 02:42 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono XIII View Post
    Hehe, unfortunately I don't have the anime, I just borrowed from a friend who owns the DVDs (actually, she just downloaded them and copied it in a DVD-R, quite ingenius, Note: Don't do that and sell the cds, it's illegal).

You guys have been talking about the dubbing for Lucky Star, is it English dubbing you're talking about. The DVDs my friend lent me are subbed so I don't really know what the English dubbing is like, guess I'll check it out!
    if you go back to the previous page, there's a couple Youtube videos on there with the english dubs, one done by an actual publishing company who are dubbing DVDs for americans, and one done by fans.
    personally, the fan-based one sounds better than the corporate one.
    also, i think pretty much all of us who have seen Lucky Star has a "LOL-Internet Store" version of it.
    but of course, selling it to anyone is a very bad thing to do...
    If it just tastes sweet
    Let's put some salt on it

Senior Member Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC] has a reputation beyond repute Akira Kogami[LC]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Baka, that is not the point. The point of a dub is to have people that sound like the original voice actors voice over the character in english. First off, they didn't sound like them, and their voice was too american. By american, I mean just their how they speak. An american voice on a japanese character doesn't work. They English voice actor has to act like their character instead of just reading lines off a piece of paper in a regular voice. You have to watch more dubs to understand what I mean.
    Your so stupid. If that was the point, every single anime that was dubbed would sound like the anime "B.E.C.K. Mongolian chop squad"(You have to watch it to see what Im talking about). If an american voice on a jap character doesn't work then why do the characters in Digimon Dub sound American? Why does Misty and Ash from pokemon sound American? Why does Naruto sound American? Im pretty sure if a character speaks proper English they SOUND American.

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2011 07:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it'll be pretty hard to sound Japanese when you speak English except if you are Japanese. I have knowledge of both languages so I know. I speak a lot differently when I speak Japanese than when I speak English. Hey! I'm no japanophile okay? I have four languages in my arsenal and counting.

I guess the purpose of dubbing an anime is for more people to appreciate it. Not all people will go through the trouble of learning Japanese or heck even read the subtitles just to watch an anime in Japanese.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

Sr. Member Vespa has a reputation beyond repute Vespa has a reputation beyond repute Vespa has a reputation beyond repute Vespa has a reputation beyond repute Vespa has a reputation beyond repute Vespa has a reputation beyond repute Vespa has a reputation beyond repute Vespa has a reputation beyond repute Vespa has a reputation beyond repute Vespa has a reputation beyond repute Vespa has a reputation beyond repute Vespa's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2011 09:49 AM
    Threads

KAGAMI <3333333

She is like the best Character ever in this and none other can compare to her awesomeness... I also like the clerk in the anime store he is pretty cool, OVERall I give it like 8 or probably more I donno it's just awesome..
    ^ Kewlness Awesomo Power Siggy ^
    Thanks Konata Izumi

Senior Member gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Vespa View Post
    KAGAMI <3333333

She is like the best Character ever in this and none other can compare to her awesomeness... I also like the clerk in the anime store he is pretty cool, OVERall I give it like 8 or probably more I donno it's just awesome..
    Kagami is awesome, i'll agree to that. I never knew that tsundere's could be that hot!

however, i'd probably get along a lot better with Konata, just the way her personality is very similar to mine.

but that means Kagami would be right there as well
    If it just tastes sweet

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Your so stupid. If that was the point, every single anime that was dubbed would sound like the anime "B.E.C.K. Mongolian chop squad"(You have to watch it to see what Im talking about). If an american voice on a jap character doesn't work then why do the characters in Digimon Dub sound American? Why does Misty and Ash from pokemon sound American? Why does Naruto sound American? Im pretty sure if a character speaks proper English they SOUND American.
    I can butcher your little come back pretty easily. Let's begin:

Why does Pokemon, Naruto and Digimon sound American? You haven't thought over the actual series them selves. All three of those were aimed towards the general American public. If it sounded anything different they would reject it. It's the animes like Lucky Star that they know isn't geared at the entire American public, but at the fans like us who have already seen thes how in Japanese or are open to it. The point of a dub is to have the characters speak English, but the concept you are missing is what I mean by sounding Japanese/Their Voice Actors. I'm not saying sound exactly like them, accent and all, I'm saying their voice has to be like theirs. Which is why Naruto's dubs suck, they sound NOTHING like the counterparts. Let's pick up Haruhi's dubs for this example. Listen to Mikuru's Japanese voice actress and then listen to her American voice actress. It's so close it's freaking scary. That is a great dub. Naruto isn't.

And while I'm on the subject, you're little bit about if someone speaks proper English they sound American. The English language is actually different than the American language.

Example:
    English- Colour
    American- Color

I rest my case.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I can butcher your little come back pretty easily. Let's begin:

Why does Pokemon, Naruto and Digimon sound American? You haven't thought over the actual series them selves. All three of those were aimed towards the general American public. If it sounded anything different they would reject it. It's the animes like Lucky Star that they know isn't geared at the entire American public, but at the fans like us who have already seen thes how in Japanese or are open to it. The point of a dub is to have the characters speak English, but the concept you are missing is what I mean by sounding Japanese/Their Voice Actors. I'm not saying sound exactly like them, accent and all, I'm saying their voice has to be like theirs. Which is why Naruto's dubs suck, they sound NOTHING like the counterparts. Let's pick up Haruhi's dubs for this example. Listen to Mikuru's Japanese voice actress and then listen to her American voice actress. It's so close it's freaking scary. That is a great dub. Naruto isn't.

And while I'm on the subject, you're little bit about if someone speaks proper English they sound American. The English language is actually different than the American language.

Example:
    English- Colour
    American- Color

I rest my case.
    Still. You want animes to sound like B.E.C.K.
    Last edited by Akira Kogami[LC]; 03-05-2008 at 10:41 AM.

Senior Member sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia has a reputation beyond repute sakura rukia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2008 11:39 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: ice cream

I watched the 1st ep.its awesome!!

Currently watching:Clannad,H20 footprints in the sand,Shugo Chara!Soul Eater,Lucky star,Maburaho,Kamen No Maid guy,Elfen Lied

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

I really really really need to start watching this Anime properly!!!

Konata is so friggin' cute dude!! ^_^
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Still. You want animes to sound like B.E.C.K.
    I never actually heard the dubs for B.E.C.K.. In the way you put it it is apparently good?

Quote Originally Posted by sakura rukia View Post
    Yeah, talking about how to eat dessert is SO awesome
    Last edited by Setosan; 03-05-2008 at 08:48 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sakura rukia View Post
    the first episode is actually the most boring IMO.
    sure it's funny as hell, but nothing really happens as compared to the other episodes.
    especially after Yu-chan is introduced

<3 Yu-chan
    If it just tastes sweet

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

<3 Yu-chan

PS:

The Nine Tailed Ninja Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2008 08:57 AM
    Why do you want to know, huh? You plan on stalking me or something? >.>
    Threads

Konata is a definite win on the most insanely cute anime character of all time.

I haven't watched much of this show, but I swear to get into it more.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Setosan, i was meaning Yutaka, not Cousin Yui...

but Cousin Yui does bring a lot of humor and action to the show as well lol
    If it just tastes sweet

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yui>Yu

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

in a show like Lucky Star, the cute girls rank higher on my awesome factor than the funny girls.

thus, Yutaka > Cousin Yui
    If it just tastes sweet

†Angel of the Darkness† Mei Kanami has a reputation beyond repute Mei Kanami has a reputation beyond repute Mei Kanami has a reputation beyond repute Mei Kanami has a reputation beyond repute Mei Kanami has a reputation beyond repute Mei Kanami has a reputation beyond repute Mei Kanami has a reputation beyond repute Mei Kanami has a reputation beyond repute Mei Kanami has a reputation beyond repute Mei Kanami has a reputation beyond repute Mei Kanami has a reputation beyond repute Mei Kanami's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2008 03:44 AM
    Threads

Yaya...! I love Lucky Star! <3333
    It's really funny...! *lowl*
    And my fave chara is Kagami...
    Coz she's sooooo cute! Kawaii...
    [~Fans~] [~Family~]

~ Rarely active atm~
    .: busy busy busy :.
    Sorry coz I didn't reply your PMs...
    >_>

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

in a show like Lucky Star, the cute girls rank higher on my awesome factor than the funny girls.

thus, Yutaka > Cousin Yui
    Again proving my point: Yui>Yu xD

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Again proving my point: Yui>Yu xD
    huh?
    Cousin Yui is the comic relief
    Yutaka is the extremely cute loli, similar to Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh.
    If it just tastes sweet

Closed Thread

Thread Information