AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: need help identifying character/series

Junior Member soulspyke is on a distinguished road soulspyke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2008 08:18 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default need help identifying character/series

Hi People,

I need help identifying this character/series. The artist has drawn this character that is very close to a desktop theme wallpaper I used to have (in 2002).

http://oldirtybastart.deviantart.com...l-war-51217895

I have been searching high and low and sifting through tons of theme sites and this is the closest I have come.

The original was a manga painting and was less serene. Had a white background and the character was peering over the edge of the wall. A bullet was richocheting off the wall and she seemed to be half crouched.

I did try to reach the artist to find out what had inspired him, but he/she has not responded.

Please help, my obsession is killing me!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default need help identifying character/series

Can someone help me identify this character and series?
    I was able to get in touch with the artist that made an illustration inspired by this and all I need now is to find out who this is and what series this is from. He was very helpful and pointed out that she appears in Exotique -- Daniel Wade & Paul Hellard -- Ballistic publishing.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Its a fan picture, thats pretty much what DeviantArt is built up of. It looks sort of like Ghost in the Shell, but it is probably more of an original concept.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default let me clarify

Thanks so much for taking a look and trying to ID the image. I will take a look at ghost in the shell more closely now.

BTW the inline picture above is the original and the link at the very start of the thread is the fan drawing (http://oldirtybastart.deviantart.com...l-war-51217895)

The inline picture was covered in 'exotique' which was a list of the worlds most beautiful CG characters and this was one of them. Here is a link to the actual book previewed on Google books:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=MFy...rlH4Y#PPT61,M1

Thanks again for your help!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default can no one help me?

There must be someone that can ID this character/series?

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6439/exotiquewo1.jpg

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default who is this girl?

Someone here must know

Senior Member Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2013 03:37 PM
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Saracin PSN ID: Saracin651

I'd like to point out something. Not every picture in that book is from some anime or animated series. I noticed the two women from Darkwatch in that book, so there are probably a few from other forms of media. Plus its a book about computer generated images. For all you know, thats all it is, a computer generated image, not belonging to a show or series of any kind.

Now, I'm going to see if I can find all the images from that book, especially the section with that image since they list where its gotten either on the pic or maybe in the related article. But wanted to warn you first friend that it might just be an image and thats all.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default valid point

Thanks Saracin! Any help you can give me is really appreciated.

I have come a long way from when this image was just a haunting memory. My end goal is to get the desktop theme back on my machine.

If it is indeed a character/series my search will be easier. If not, the path is long and weary

Closed Thread

Thread Information