AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you find optimists annoying?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

3 15.79%
  • No.

5 26.32%
  • Sometimes.

7 36.84%
  • I am one..

4 21.05%
Closed Thread

Thread: Optimism..

Ich hab flotten Otto PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2008 08:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Optimism..

Personally I find optimists (or just happy people in general) to be very irritating.. It makes me wonder how it is that they manage to stay ignorant of all the things that go on in the world and it makes me think they are either sheltered or stupid..

My first impulse when I see someone like that is to get away as quickly as possible so that their bubbly stupidity (rhyme) doesn't make me even more unhappy..

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager View Post
    Personally I find optimists (or just happy people in general) to be very irritating.. It makes me wonder how it is that they manage to stay ignorant of all the things that go on in the world and it makes me think they are either sheltered or stupid..
    Woah woah woah o_o! Not all optimists choose to ignore what's going on around them. That's a terrible generalization. Some optimists just believe that things will work out in the end. They are aware of the war in Iraq and they're aware of global warming, but they do not choose to ignore. Some become activists BECAUSE they think it shouldn't be ignored. Optimism is merely looking on the bright side, instead of losing faith in the world. Kind of like how people see the whole half glass empty or full.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 02:18 AM
    Threads

My first impulse when I see someone like that is to get away as quickly as possible so that their bubbly stupidity (rhyme) doesn't make me even more unhappy..
    You just sound like you whine about every little thing that happens, you need to lighten up abit, you know, let your hair down, yes there are bad things but they happen so just deal with them, and its better to do it in a positive way than a negative way.

And yes, I'm an optimist, I try to look on the light side of everything that happens.

Living In Purgatory PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2008 01:17 PM
    Threads

My mum has Cancer, and when she was diagnosed with it she was very optamistic that she would be ok; and she will be thankfully, but it bugged me that she take it a little harder so i had to be bottled up as well.
    Member since 2005...Honest!
    DS Friend Code: 386665731897
    For Final Fantasy III
    The Bunch Of College Idiots Are Based In Huddersfield Technical College, UK; Click Here To See What We Get Up To When The Tutors Aren't Watching!

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Pengin-san View Post
    Woah woah woah o_o! Not all optimists choose to ignore what's going on around them. That's a terrible generalization. Some optimists just believe that things will work out in the end. They are aware of the war in Iraq and they're aware of global warming, but they do not choose to ignore. Some become activists BECAUSE they think it shouldn't be ignored. Optimism is merely looking on the bright side, instead of losing faith in the world. Kind of like how people see the whole half glass empty or full.
    *Agrees completely*

Optimism for me is more of an outlook on my own life other than the world as a whole. As in, being perfectly happy with the way my life is. The way you are saying this, makes it sound like you prefer people to be all sad and depressed due to whatever reason all the time. [Like no one should be happy].
    Last edited by Jagan Eye; 01-01-2008 at 01:23 PM.

♥ Red Haired Boy jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:02 PM
    Threads

Since when did optimistic mean ignorant? Since never.
    ~I'll never wish on another star again~

Just another crazy girl...
    hungry for your
    hot love

The Lich Sith Lord Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2010 01:20 PM
    Threads

Wow...well nowm, if you think optimistics, well generalizing that they're ignorant, in a way you can call yourself ignorant. As some stated: "It's a view on the brighter side"

I'm a pessimistic person myself, but I don't think that optimistic people are ignorant. I just view them more as...people who try to cope with something differently than I do. When I see something I'll most likely be "This sucks", "Something bads gunna happen", "He/she's gunna die".

Let's try not to assume they're stupid all because the see things differently. That's...really my two cents, and that's all I'm putting in.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Being an optimist doesn't mean you're ignorant. Sometimes people need a little sunshine to brighten them up. Now, looking at EVERYTHING brightly can be alittle irritating, mind you. But it's not all ignorance. Sometimes they are just trying to hide their fear, or maybe trying to keep a group happy instead of frightened. People handle situations better when they are calmer. Scaring them won't really help.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

... i am L. ♥ Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2015 05:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cynaethus PSN ID: cynaethus Steam ID: cynaethus

Wink

Well, in my opinion being optimistic about something is a great way to get rid of stress, or just to feel great. Although maybe optimistic can be a little.. odd.. in certain situations [such as maybe around a death], it's important to know that perhaps that person just wants to feel better.

I don't think optimisim isn't being ignorant, it's just a way to change your mood, and just as Mori said, people handle situations better when they're calm. :]

[
    Currently : fighting zombies ] - [ TWEET | INSTA ]

Senior Member Magisha has a reputation beyond repute Magisha has a reputation beyond repute Magisha has a reputation beyond repute Magisha has a reputation beyond repute Magisha has a reputation beyond repute Magisha has a reputation beyond repute Magisha has a reputation beyond repute Magisha has a reputation beyond repute Magisha has a reputation beyond repute Magisha has a reputation beyond repute Magisha has a reputation beyond repute Magisha's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2008 09:37 PM
    Threads

It depends on the situation. . . When I'm having an extremely bad day and every thing seems to go wrong, there are always people all happy and laughing. . . It does sometimes irritates me. . .

Haha. . . I don't know if you'll consider them optimistic, but people at my school are very hyper. . . They're always smiling and giggling. . . Gosh. They laugh at of the blue. . .

Optimistic people may also not want to face the reality. . . Sometimes, when I get a bad mark, I just laugh it off, and just think about how things will get better. . . Which usually never happens. . . O____o

But sometimes you have to be optimistic in situations where time will tell, because if you're very ill, you have to enjoy the upcoming months, if you have a certain time to live. . . =(
    Last edited by Magisha; 01-01-2008 at 11:05 PM.

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    Threads

LOL. Well I don't find them irritating. There's a big difference between someone being naive and just hoping and someone who tries to lighten the mood. I'm actually quite the pessimist and my blunt and brutal honesty sucks most days. I like having people like this to act as counterweights. =]
    Last edited by MomijiTMO; 01-01-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

I think optimists come from a desire to avoid dealing with the world around them. They may know of it, but they won't process it.
    I find optimists irritating because they often don't anticipate problems; Murphy's Law catches 'em all the time. Granted, no one can anticipate every problem, but optimists don't care enough about failure to prepare for it (I'm speaking generally). They just shrug it off; I need to care a bit, else I won't be able to avoid failure as often as I'd like.
    I also resent those who can afford to be optimistsic; I can't.
    I prefer people who are bland, neutral in their apparent attitudes. These are people who can act as a situation dictates. I can't stand anyone who is constantly optimistic or pessimistic; dynamics are much more tolerable (and usually quicker on the uptake, too).

Just a Whisper ~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~ has a reputation beyond repute ~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~ has a reputation beyond repute ~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~ has a reputation beyond repute ~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~ has a reputation beyond repute ~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~ has a reputation beyond repute ~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~ has a reputation beyond repute ~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~ has a reputation beyond repute ~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~ has a reputation beyond repute ~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~ has a reputation beyond repute ~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~ has a reputation beyond repute ~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~ has a reputation beyond repute ~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2010 09:13 AM
    Threads

Sometimes people being optimistic about absolutely everything gets very irritating to me personally yes, but I don't think it means they're ignorant or anything, just trying to cope with things in a different light, trying to look on the brighter side of things and hoping things will turn out okay in the end I guess. In my own opinion, I'm glad there's some optimism in the world as I feel it would be extremely dull to have everyone being all sad and depressed thinking we're all going to die as soon as something bad happens.
    Sig thread Last Updated: Not Updated

| Back Old Skool - Signature by myself truly. |
    |Still Learning Photoshop CS2|
    |

The Rocker Witch Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Four Leaf Clover Watermelon
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2015 12:52 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wink

sometimes i find them annoying
    especially when i am mad and there they are happy and smiling but other than that no some times i need some happiness in my life or day.

[set by blueangel06661]

I has Return-ified. -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2013 06:47 PM
    Threads

Yeah, I hate it when optimistic, or just plain overly hyper people come up to me and say "Hey, why arent you smiling?! You should be happy!!" In which case I reply "I have nothing to smile about at the moment". Anyways, my school is full of those WAY-too-happy people, I think its something in the water here >_> Then, by comparison I look all mean and depressed. And I know that there isnt THAT much to smile about these days. So yes, "optimistic" people annoy me
    Last edited by -Kitsune-; 01-01-2008 at 10:16 PM.
    Current obsession: Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 <3

Uber-love to .Savage for this amazing set~ x3

Gifts:Simple1|Goodylucky|Karuto

~Facebook

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

You people are all just jealous you can't think your life doesn't suck, and that's coming from a top-grade pessimist.

Optimism is something I equate with hope more than just being happy or ignorant. Optimists hope things will work out, smart optimists stack the odds in their favor as best they can and hope that's good enough.

I do not find optimism inherently annoying, I find people annoying.

Procrastinator Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 01:04 AM
    Threads

Sometimes. Sure, when something bad happens and I need to get happy, I love optimists. But when I'm in a really bad mood, I just feel like punching them so hard...
    Check out my DA:
    http://snickeringdoodles.deviantart.com/

And my Photobucket:
    http://s54.photobucket.com/home/TokyoMiko/index

And my Gaia username is Fetal Fetish.

See you guys around~

Procrastinator Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 01:04 AM
    Threads

Sorry, accidental double post.
    Check out my DA:
    http://snickeringdoodles.deviantart.com/

And my Photobucket:
    http://s54.photobucket.com/home/TokyoMiko/index

And my Gaia username is Fetal Fetish.

See you guys around~

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I think optimistic people was the wrong word choice for you to decide on.

There are various amounts of optimistic people, and the kind that annoys the hell out of you are those happy-go-lucky optimists that ARE ignorant to everything. Don't worry, it's not just you, it's me as well.

I consider myself as an optimist as well, but at the same time, a realist. Which really goes against myself when I say I'm Christian, but putting that aside...the point is, I know when it's good to be optimistic, and when it's just pointless and stupid. Especially when someone is trying to use optimism on the death of someone important to another. There are rare occasions when it's okay, but mostly no.

I try to be optimistic because what's the point of being sad? If you're sad, you're going to make everyone else sad, and you'd have to be an a** to not realize that you're making others miserable just because something happened to you. Also, stress is the number one reason for illness.

So I believe being optimistic is good, just don't be optimistic about things that are pointless in being optimistic about.

Closed Thread

Thread Information