AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Koko's signature and avatar factory

Kaoru loves you ♥ iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2008 01:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: U R s0 b0r!ng

Default Koko's signature and avatar factory

I was tempted to name the thread: "Koko's Chocolate Factory." But since I don't produce chocolates(sadly), I just put in a suitable name.
    ------------------------------------------- Skip if you want. <3 ------------------------------------------------

Firstly, I'd like to thank Mac for encouraging me to do graphic designing again. Because of a virus, I had to delete GIMP and all other files before restoring it again. Unfortunately, I forgot to store GIMP and my designs in my back-up file; and I was upset because it took me a whole lot of time altogether to make those sets. Thanks to an MSN convo with Mac, I can make sets again. Yay! x3

And then there's Urusai Severa. She's one of the few people who honestly comment on my creations with sensible remarks and suggestions. Uru advised me to open my own graphics thread, saying that it'd be better if I stopped storing my works in a dark corner and showed it to people instead. And, well, I complied. :3

Therefore, I'd like to dedicate this thread to these two amazing people. Thanks a lot, guys. <3

------------------------------------------- End of boring lecture.------------------------------------------------

Let's get back to business! Here are some sets I made recently. (Last two months - Now)

Set# 1:

--------

Sig

--------

Set# 2:

--------

Sig

--------

Set# 3:

--------

Sig

--------

Set# 4:

--------

Sig

--------

Set# 5:

--------

Sig

--------

Here are a few avatars that I made:
    [Avatar 1] | [Avatar 2]

I know I'm not good with subtext, lol. x] And yes, I'm a grunge/abstract set-maker. =P Well, I have another set that I just made a few days ago but I'm going to put it up after I get some comments. I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to using GIMP. ._.;

Well, thank you for being here! I'm deeply sorry if it takes a lot of time to load this page because of the pictures. <3
    ----------
    [Daughty|Fafnir|Faffy|iMud|iSi|Koko|KoKoBear|Kokolo ve|Kokolay|Kokonaut|Kokosterious|Money|Monmon|Musi c Buddeh]
    ----------
    ----------
    Credit goes to Mac for(indirectly) encouraging me to do graphic designing again. You're the best. <3
    ----------

boopaloop! UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2013 10:39 AM
    Trying to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
    Threads

Ok! Here I go.. honest comments ;D

Set #1. The avatar is nice, no comments on that. What I do have a comment on is the signature. He looks like a whol different person... Probably because of the effects under his ear and the left side the face (which I am not really fond of). But the effects are very subtle and complement the style of the signature.

Set #2. Again no comment on the avatar. The signature is very nice... Though I would have placed the text somewhere else... maybe used a clipping mask here and there. But it still looks great ;D

Set #3. The avatar, imo, the character is too light and the background is too dark. Increasing the contast on the character would have been a better idea (I think). The signature looks great though I would have changed the lighting (the direction). But all together it looks nice, well placed effects and blending of the character is very good.

Set #4. I love it... just love it. It's hectic, the colors are vibrant, just great... I especially love the avatar =3

Set #5 Also a great one, especially the contrast between the color of the eyes and the rest of the signature.

Both the other avatars look great.

My advice: work on the placing/blending of the text.

Keep up the grand work ;D
    <333 Uru

btw... that set you are using now looks awesome *-*

¤Ultimate Fear Inducer¤ Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2009 06:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like sets 2 and 3 best.That's mostly because I like Nintendo XD,but I like both of their depths and the lighting effects in the 3rd set.Nice work.^^

Aces High Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2009 02:46 PM
    Threads

I truly enjoy watching people who try hard at this so I'll give you some advice.

Out of all the sets, set 4 is your best one up there. My suggestion to you is try working on smudging techniques. This adds depth perception and softness to your work. Also, I like how your sigs are flashy but this causes the viewers eye to wander across the canvas too much. Try reducing some effects and use them to add appeal to your focal point instead.

Fishes Swim In Zig-Zags Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2011 09:38 PM
    Threads

very original, nice colors its pretty hot man, keep it up. =]
    +If Life gives you lemons, you squirt it in people's eyes+

la vie est exciter ainsi juste
    ほんとに好きです。CC Lemon 。わたしすきanimeです
    ぜんぶelseひみつです

Member Knighticus is a splendid one to behold Knighticus is a splendid one to behold Knighticus is a splendid one to behold Knighticus is a splendid one to behold Knighticus is a splendid one to behold Knighticus is a splendid one to behold Knighticus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2008 01:50 PM
    Threads

Unhappy

I like the sigs you make, I fell as if i should give a try at this stuff.
    (+ +)
    I am, the calmest angel of the wind. (+ +)
    For cheapy it's off the heizy.
    *VERY BAD JOKE*
    Later...
    *uh-oh*
    Note on pc: We are comming to DESTROY YOU because of you're horrible joke.

*i'm outta here!!!*
    YOU CAN'T ESCAPE DESTINY KID!
    *Forshame guys, Forshame* THE END

i'm desu and i know it. Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2012 02:33 AM
    Threads

DARKIE !

These are very nice to be done in GIMP. I totally failed in using GIMP. You really are good at using the grunge style and C4Ds. The lighting effects are nice on the 3rd siggy. Overall, I think you're really good at using colors, [especially in the 1st sig.]and one of the best GIMP users I've come across. =D

Elementress Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2009 08:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Oh, very nice sigs and avvies. The first one is awesome - I love Gary!! ^^ On the avvy you might try sharpening the background - it looks a bit blurred. The second set is great - the colors and blending are really good, and I like the placement of the extract. The third set you might again want to work on sharpening, it also seems a bit blurry. The fourth set is great - I love the background! On the last set, I like the background, but not really the extract...I don't know why. Maybe it's the positioning. Your other avvies are great!

Very nice works - Urusai Severa is right - you shouldn't be hiding your works! XD
    Sooo many thanks to .Celeste for the lovely avvy!!! ::INTUITION GFX

KUH-nuffle Bunny to you Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny has a reputation beyond repute Knuffle Bunny's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2013 09:29 PM
    Threads

I've never used GIMP myself, but I have seen some people who use GIMP and their sets don't even come close. O_o

The only thing I would change is something on the link set.
    Is that a gradient? Well the yellow circle on the top left corner is a little out of place. x3

Oh yeah, and I LOVE set#4 It's a tad messy, but everything fits
    Love the effects.

Great job! =3

Siggeh made by me. Taking requests ATM! =3

boopaloop! UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mira Kaiba View Post
    Very nice works - Urusai Severa is right - you shouldn't be hiding your works! XD
    I am always right >3!!!!

Kaoru loves you ♥ iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud has a reputation beyond repute iMud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Uru: I know I'm bad at text. ._.; Well, thanks a lot for taking your time here. xD <3

TreyX: Smudging techniques, hm? Actually, I did think of trying it out. Thank you for the advice! :]

Knighticus: You should! It's fun and... addictive? x3

Izu: Indeed I love abusing C4d's and Gradient Maps. >___>; And thanks. x3

Mira Kaiba: =o Gary rocks, doesn't he?! Thanks a lot for your comments. =)

Akari Aurion: No, that's not a gradient map. ^^; I just kind of messed up there and didn't realize it before the set was complete. And well, Gimp is a little bit hard in the beginning. D:

Thanks everybody! :3

Here's the set that I promised! (Personally, I hate the outlined text. x_x; )

Sig ver.1:

Sig ver.2:

Sig ver.3:

Sig ver.4:

Comments please! <3
    Last edited by iMud; 12-22-2007 at 06:20 AM.
    ----------
    [Daughty|Fafnir|Faffy|iMud|iSi|Koko|KoKoBear|Kokolo ve|Kokolay|Kokonaut|Kokosterious|Money|Monmon|Musi c Buddeh]
    ----------
    ----------
    Credit goes to Mac for(indirectly) encouraging me to do graphic designing again. You're the best. <3
    ----------

Senior Member Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate has a brilliant future Dark Fate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2007 07:15 AM
    Threads

I love new set, for Kokono. I like yellow color, and
    Love the effects.

Good job! ;D
    { }
    { Awesome set made by -Ookami- ! I love it! }

{My mother - LadyWolf14}
    {My sister - harusame}

{Are you fan }

Member Knighticus is a splendid one to behold Knighticus is a splendid one to behold Knighticus is a splendid one to behold Knighticus is a splendid one to behold Knighticus is a splendid one to behold Knighticus is a splendid one to behold Knighticus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2008 01:50 PM
    Threads

Each One is greater than the last. I can't compete with that....
    (+ +)
    I am, the calmest angel of the wind. (+ +)
    For cheapy it's off the heizy.
    *VERY BAD JOKE*
    Later...
    *uh-oh*
    Note on pc: We are comming to DESTROY YOU because of you're horrible joke.

*i'm outta here!!!*
    YOU CAN'T ESCAPE DESTINY KID!
    *Forshame guys, Forshame* THE END

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Thanks, both of you. :] And, Knighticus, you can do a LOT with GIMP. Just takes a little bit practice. :3

Thought that I should make a Christmas set but it doesn't look like one. xD

Signature

I personally think that I didn't put much effort into this one. ._.; But anyway! Comments please. <3
    Last edited by iMud; 12-29-2007 at 11:25 AM.
    ----------
    ----------
    ----------
    ----------

china girl onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2009 10:55 AM
    .♥.♠.♣.♦England (transferred last year).♥.♠.♣.♦
    Threads

koko! u never told me u made siggy sets, by the way they look awesome! XD

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Well, Oni, now you know. :3 Cute set, by the way. xD Here's another set I made a few minutes ago. ^^;

Sig

It's just some random set I made because I was bored. The little text in the avatar is just for show, it's not legible. =P

Comments please! <3
    ----------
    ----------
    ----------
    ----------

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

This one's going to be the last set for the year 2007. Yay! <3

Here's another set I made a few minutes ago. Actually, I wanted to make my earlier one black and white but it looked better in color. So I made another set because which is kinda black and white. I don't think I'm making sense, lol. Anyway, here you go:

Sig

Hm, I think I should've changed the color of the text in the avatar. Should've turned it into outlined text like I usually do. Oh well. =P Comments please! <3
    Last edited by iMud; 12-30-2007 at 09:33 AM.
    ----------
    ----------
    ----------
    ----------

Senior Member Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2008 10:29 AM
    Threads

Wow, it's imple and nice. Well, I considered it simple coz I can make one like yours in just 10 minutes! Huhuhu... Well, it's nice though! Keep it up! GAMBATTE!

Sigs and Ava by me! And thank you for the Reps and Points-
    ~Donation needed; kindness really appreciated!~

Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Arcxcia View Post
    Wow, it's imple and nice. Well, I considered it simple coz I can make one like yours in just 10 minutes! Huhuhu... Well, it's nice though! Keep it up! GAMBATTE!
    Sorry but looking at your signature, I think you wouldn't even know where to start if you tried to make a signature like Kokono's. So if you're going to insult people in their own thread, don't even visit.

If you want to critique... then you have to critique constructively

post #16.... I'm not a big fan of it because of the right side of the face. It's a bit too bright and that sets me off. The background looks awesome though.

The last one... I stared at it for 5 minutes trying to figure out what it was... and I still don't know what it is, but I love it

and you are getting better at placing your text, though you still need to look at the type of font and if it really fits with the "feel" of the signature.

Keep up the grand work!
    ~Uru

I love you so muchhhh <33333

Elementress Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2009 08:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Your last set of 2007 is definitely your best - I love it! The black/white/color mix is great, and I like the background effects. The blending is pretty good as well. The only thing you might want to work on in your sigs is the text - the size and blending in particular. I still have problems with that. o_O

Anyway, keep up the awesome sig making - I love the colors of the avvy in the last set! XD
    Sooo many thanks to .Celeste for the lovely avvy!!! ::INTUITION GFX

The Rocker Witch Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Four Leaf Clover Watermelon
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2015 12:52 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wink

my favorite one is the first post 5th or last one i like the colors, the girl and her sadness.

[set by blueangel06661]

Senior Member clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2010 03:19 PM
    Threads

I really like the last signature you made. It really stands out, imo. Although, I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Except, I don't really like the avatar. The font is too bright... and the bg just as bright so I can barely see the font.

Your designing skills have improved. Anyone can tell simply by looking at your earlier sigs, but you still need to work on text placement as well as choosing the correct font to compliment the sig. I believe someone mentioned that earlier already though.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Ah, yes. I suck at text. I'm trying to improve though. ^^; Thank you everyone for your sweet comments! And in the previous set, it's some kind of a robot. Ahem. Here's a sig with two different versions I made a while ago:

Ver.1

Ver.2

I'm pretty disappointed with this one. =/ Anyway, comments please! <3

I love you too. <333333
    Last edited by iMud; 01-03-2008 at 08:09 AM.
    ----------
    ----------
    ----------
    ----------

Senior Member clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2010 03:19 PM
    Threads

Is it just me or is there a little box behind your name? I think it's best to remove it. If you want your light text to stand out more, you can 'Stroke' it and lower the opacity of the stroke to like 25&#37;.

Hmm, I actually like the b&w version more. The blue one's colors clash really badly.

You can always lower the opacity for the black/white layer to mute the colors instead of turning it entirely b&w. You can also play with Brightness/Contrast.. and Hue/Saturation a bit. =)

Closed Thread

Thread Information