AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Which do you prefer: Original or Anime?

Junior Member エスカレイヤ will become famous soon enough エスカレイヤ will become famous soon enough エスカレイヤ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2008 05:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Which do you prefer: Original or Anime?

My first thread !!!

k now You know animes are sometimes (mostly) based on mangas, novels or even games. But mostly(!), the anime's story kinda differs to that of the original story. Such as FMA, whose ending was completely different to that of the original (which still didnt end).

I definetly like the original story more than anime I sometimes find the modified story too sentimental or exaggerated. FMA lost its comedy, Haruhi lost details which makes the story hard to follow (the novel is hard to follow too though...), Deathnote, although it had no changes in the story, got shortened way too much, and finally, Beat Angel Escalayer shocked me too much.

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 11:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

It depends on how well the anime is done. I've seen really terrible manga adaptions of great anime and vice-versa. USUALLY on average, the manga is better but not always.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2008 11:32 PM
    Threads

Yeah it depends for me too. Some stories were done better in the anime, and some were better in the original manga/games.

An example is Fruits Basket.

Personally, I liked the way the anime ended. It was sweet and simple, and it left lots of room for thinking for yourself on how it continues from there.
    However, the manga continued on to some dark and less-fun stories, and upon reading synopses and what other people thought, I said to myself that I'm glad Fruits Basket didn't continue to cover on to those parts.

下げ下げ下げ下げ

In case any of you want to correct, question, comment on, or suggest anything to me regarding my translations or use of Japanese, please do. My sources of learning have all been listening to people and kinda forcing my brain to interpret, rather than actually translate like a dictionary.
    I understand I'll make many mistakes (I'd be surprised if I translate something mistake-free) but you have to understand that I'm doing my best.

Closed Thread

Thread Information