AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Kentai Life Returns!

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    tamerchris is on a distinguished road tamerchris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2008 02:38 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Kentai Life Returns!

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/haruhi/kentairaifu.htm

The ending, where Kyon talks after the song, he mentioned Asahina, Nagato and Koizumi but this translator only got Asahina right.

Which means, there's some serious problem with the translation because the names of the characters is translated into something else. I can't even begin to imagine this person passed the Japanese test.
    Either that or this person translate by merely listening to the song and not translate from the Japanese lyrics, which can cause many mistakes.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Sorry, but Ayu Ohseki is a fellow AL.com admin, so I believe he knows what he's doing

Well, I'll talk to him about his translation methods. I'm sure a good t/ler has a reason for things.

...so that you know where you can find me

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

And actually, I have to disagree with the original poster. I just listened to the song, and I don't hear Kyon mentioning anyone else by name. The booklet doesn't list any of the spoken words at all either, none of the monologues are listed in the Haruhi song collections. Advance the video on the song page to 3:13 and listen to what is said, I can't make out Nagato or Koizumi's names being mentioned.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    Sakura Koneko is a splendid one to behold Sakura Koneko is a splendid one to behold Sakura Koneko is a splendid one to behold Sakura Koneko is a splendid one to behold Sakura Koneko is a splendid one to behold Sakura Koneko is a splendid one to behold Sakura Koneko is a splendid one to behold Sakura Koneko's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 035 - Clefairy 147 - Dratini 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2018 09:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: akittennamedsakura

It's possible that the person who made this thread mistook 'Koitsu ni' for 'Koizumi', I just looked at the lyrics and listened to the song and that's the only part that I could see that might bring about some confusion if a person was just listening to it.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Kaitou Ace, it's true I haven't have the kanji lyrics. But it's just so obvious that the names were mentioned.
    True, I may be wrong, but here's what I hear:

After the song ends, Kyon said to Asahina to do something about it (prevent Haruhi harassing her), then said Nagato to hear and say something too. At very last, he tells Koizumi, shut up (probably because he always makes situation worse for them).

AzureDark, you said the translator has his reasons, but on the lyrics page comment itself, he said that he can't hear those parts clearly, an indication that he translate based on what he hears and there's room for errors.
    Hey, even the easiest one is wrong! At the beginning, it's "Kono kentai wa", a reference to the title itself.

And Tsubomi Koneko, you have only passed lyrics lv1, so you may not know the meanings of the words could changed if a few words is different, and no, I've hear this song dozen of times before I'm sure enough to start a thread about it.
    Last edited by tamerchris; 02-02-2008 at 12:54 PM.

Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Clannad Botan Snowman Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2020 10:22 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rizuchan01 PSN ID: rizuchan01 Steam ID: rizuchan

I have to say I agree with tamerchris on the this. I'm not the greatest when it comes to doing this sort of thing by ear, but this is what it sounds like to me:
    "Mou, Asahina-san mo nanka itte yatte kudasai! hora, Nagato kiita
    baka ni hiitenaide, nanika iette! Koizumi, omae wa ii, damattero."
    so something like
    "C'mon, Asahina-san, say something! Hey, Nagato, don't just listen and play dumb, say something! Koizumi, you're fine, shut up."

Not so sure about the part after Nagato; that's just what the original lyrics on the site had.

However, tamerchris, I don't think this reflects the translator's ability. If you would pay attention to what everyone else is saying, the spoken parts aren't in the kanji lyrics. This means that it has to be translated by ear. Most likely, the rest of the song was done with kanji so it is probably accurate, but errors with the spoken parts is going to be inevitable.
    Last edited by Rizuchan; 02-02-2008 at 01:44 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Yeah, Rizuchan I noticed.

When I said I have not the kanji, I was referring to the whole lyrics. That was my first few words in that post and I don't know for sure what's in the booklet like Kaitou Ace said until I found the kanji on the web and thus, didn't I mention 'he said he can't hear those parts clearly, an indication he translate based on what he hears and there's room for errors'?

So, I know the monologues aren't in the kanji. Yes, I was paying attention to what others are saying but you're not paying attention to what I wrote.

Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Clannad Botan Snowman Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2020 10:22 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rizuchan01 PSN ID: rizuchan01 Steam ID: rizuchan

didn't I mention 'he said he can't hear those parts clearly, an indication he translate based on what he hears and there's room for errors'?
    Yes, you did.

[*] I can't hear these parts terribly well in Japanese, so in the case of the translations, I took my best shot.
    That means all the parts with *s next to them. If you look, all of the lines marked with them are parts of the dialouge, not the lyrics.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

For whatever it's worth, I also heard the names. It makes more sense to me that way, anyway.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

This is another issue in the loads of issues we have about transliteration - whether to be verbosal or official. This is another grey area, since both have its own arguments - a verbosal translit would be more useful for karaoke or likewise while an official translit which follows the booklet would have no places where it is refutable.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

I thought it was generally accepted that transliterating by ear was bad and transliterating by the booklet was good?

Also, I wouldn't say that's the issue here, since there are no official kanji lyrics to go off of. If there were, I'm sure everyone here would agree that whatever they said was correct.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Yes it is bad (it's the first lesson I ever had the day I stepped into the old site) but I was referring to the ones where you're quite sure it sounds like it, such as background lines, your oohs and aahs and whatever.

Although I am an official-based translitter I break the law in a few minor cases like line and stanza arrangement (no double-breaks, cut if too long for page, cut if for some reason they're inconsistent with v-b-c arranging etc) and the occasional figurative...

Closed Thread

Thread Information