AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Old School Gundam Awesomeness

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle Wii Code: 6510-3075-8319-6972

*sighs*
    Well, to add a new voice to this thread, I must say that my favorite Gundam series is none other than the first one (as B Gundam states as the 1st series in the Gundam chronological order) Mobile Suit Gundam aka 0079. I have always loved the solid plotline and this is the only Gundam series that actually makes complete sense to me from start to finish (Wing has a lot of the same elements but it still lacks what 0079 has). As for being the original story, there are no expectations to know about the previous wars and since the story opens up with the start of the war, there are no missing elements. Thus making it the perfect (and rather long) war story. It has massive appeal to perhaps only old-school mecha/war anime lovers. I understand that the other series have a beginning and end to them but they all seem to copy (and turned cliche) the same-old stuff that 0079 captured perfectly. The best part of 0079 is that the story focuses on the war and the development of the characters. That is why MS Gundam is my favorite of all the Gundam series.

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

Black Plague dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2008 08:27 PM
    Threads

well you see i realy hate some of the english dubbing they make most of the anime's they a tad to cheezy....but there are good ones we cant ignore that ........... any way on topic

from the 1st Gundam whos the guy that looks like the sex marquee............. kinda freaks me out a bit ^_~

Senior Member B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2009 05:14 PM
    Threads

That is Char Aznable! He is the original masked rival of gundam and the original "Red Rival" in japanese pop culture!

Char is one of the most popular Anime characters ever, when SEED Destiny was still new, he was still voted the most popular gundam character (banishing Kira to 2nd place) frequently despite being "old".

Later, various Gundam Rivals wear a mask just because he did, including Zechs, Cruuze, Neo, Ulube, Silver Crown, Carozzo, etc. as a "tradition".

But not only in Gundam does Char have an effect with his character! He has become the archetype of a rival/alternate hero character and his influence shows even in most popular games:

-Zero from Megaman Zero is blond like Char, wears red like Char and is the rival/alternate hero to Megaman.

-Ken from Street Fighter is blond like Char, wears red like Char and is the rival/alternate hero to Ryu.

-Final Fantasy:

Life is like Gundam ZZ, anime ja nai!
    B Gundam's sigs

For we are one World with one Dream!
    Some things are timeless. In a literal sense.

Black Plague dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2008 08:27 PM
    Threads

is it the same guy with the helmet?

lol he does look like the guy from FF8 har har har

Member Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2008 05:56 PM
    Threads

yea man old school is where its at
    we need more amuro in action!!! with his hi nu gundam that guy is just god pilot among the gundam universe
    i loved the rivalry amuro and char has against each other
    then cooperated in Zeta then rival again in Char counter attack its quite intresting actually...
    0079 - Zeta - Char counter attack
    this 3 series prob was the best out of all gundam series

0080 war in the pocket is prob 1 of the most dramatic series in gundam universe

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2014 01:13 PM
    Threads

Ah when gundam was good. Great clips B Gundam.

Senior Member Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2008 07:19 PM
    Threads

To add another voice here on this thread, I agree with most of you guys.

Gundam back then was awesome, probably the best of it's time. I mean, with igLoo, we got some more old school fights and battles. Despite it's repetitive forumla, you watch it for the mechs.

B Gundam, sorry I gotta disagree with you on 0080 War in the Pocket being borderline, sure it's got Al, the annoying kid who's alll "OMG WAR IS SO COOL WICKED!". But looking past all that, we got the Hygogg, Zy'Gock Commanders type, Space GMs, Rick Dom IIs and the Kampfer.

The fights were good while they lasted, and the conclusion was pretty good, minus the Newtype pilots, Bernie was a hero taking on that NT Gundam.

I;m surprised there's no Gundam bashing here though, lol all the other forums are like "No way Wing/SEED/Destiny is way better than that old crap!", Gundam 0079 will always be the gem that started off the franchise..

Sieg Zeon!

Senior Member B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes yes, Mikhail was awesome and I do not deny what was good about 0080, and Bernie has one of the most impressing death circumstances being rather unusual for most anime (its so sad it hurts thinking about it). I "only" put it on borderline (the borderline to the good side, not to he bad side) because Chris gets too less of the cake and they left out some potential here and there. Of course not as bad as how SEED left out tons of potential, not to mention Destiny. Besides, its my personal opinion there, I didn't really give it a rating or the like.

And yes there are usually a lot of W/SEED supporters, and since SEED and 00 are new now the W people are beginning to think they are old school (which will never happen simply because of G Gundam), but I've repelled some of the unreasonable ones with

this (<= in fact, one of my 1st posts in this forum. I wanted to see how they react when restricted to reason instead of thrown in newb comments)

this

and this

(though the latter also lacks reason in some way, lol)
    Last edited by B Gundam; 01-16-2008 at 01:11 PM.
    B Gundam's sigs

Senior Member Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lol oh dear B Gundam.... Well you just have to be careful when you post sensitive material..

I'd admit, I got into Gundam originally through Wing, then I got into the Universal Century stuff and liked it better.

SEED wasn't too bad, I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I haven't seen Destiny yet, from what I heard it's really bad. I don't like the idea that a Gundam can be produced and given to so many "special" pilots, kinda defeats the point of a superior Mobile Suit?

If that was the case, the Ball Gundam wouldn't have been affective in A Bao A Qu against those Doms, eh B Gundam?

Crossbone Gundam is very awesome, playing with them in the G Generation series was fun.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well its not like I'd blame you for getting in with W (I wouldn't even say so if you liked it over UC, thats your thing), I know it can be difficult with this kind of material in a community, but as you can see every series has a reasonable fanbase who won't just go "lawlz this rocks" and one of these threads prevailed itself until getting outdated.

And yes, Crossbone is awesome (gotta love the overkill Mura Blaster and the ABC cloaks just have style). Kudos for knowing the background to my name. But the "Crossboned" Doms did have aces deployed to attack Amuro (though they probably wouldn't have been all too successful), it was more a thing of pure luck against the 1st two.

As for G Gen, Spirits is the first one that had this difficulty level, I highly recommend it. Older G Gens usually had something you could abuse for easy wins making everything a cakewalk (like the move again after kill system from G Gen F).
    B Gundam's sigs

Member Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112 has much to be proud of Amuro112's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2008 05:56 PM
    Threads

i wish the old gundam creator give these new creator good ideas, because frankly the gundam we have now is not gundam at all.
    gundam is half dead ever since wing came out.

anyway any1 of u guys watched turn A gundam and how was it?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Amuro112 View Post
    i wish the old gundam creator give these new creator good ideas, because frankly the gundam we have now is not gundam at all.
    gundam is half dead ever since wing came out.

anyway any1 of u guys watched turn A gundam and how was it?
    Personally, I'd say no. Unfortunately, Tomino is like a fountain not sprouting fresh water anymore.. I believe he even claimed to have wished he never created Gundam, or something along the lines.

We just need something different, Gundam 00 is slightly different, but we'll have to see how it progresses. I think we can't expect anything else that came with the old series anymore.

I've seen Turn A Gundam, and it's awesome. It's different from most Gundam series, and needs patience for it to turn out awesome. Think about it, the Gundam is not just a weapon anymore, keep that in mind.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Tomino is currently sprouting with Overman King Gainer XD.

It continues his untypicalness habit he had with the 1st Gundam, Ideon and Turn A
    B Gundam's sigs

Member MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2008 10:45 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I hate the Wii

I love the older Gundams, currently own boxsets of 0079 and Zeta, Gundam F91(film) and Mobile Suit Gundam: chars counterattack(film)

ZZ Gundam should be arriving to my doorstep soon.

Anyone seen Victory Gundam by any chance?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Victory is kinda disappointing if you compare it to 0079, Z or CCA. But it does have its good sides.
    B Gundam's sigs

Member MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2008 10:45 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I hate the Wii

Quote Originally Posted by B Gundam View Post
    Victory is kinda disappointing if you compare it to 0079, Z or CCA. But it does have its good sides.
    Seems dark and depressing, i like that.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information