AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old School Gundam Awesomeness

Senior Member B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2009 05:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Old School Gundam Awesomeness

Many people who watch Gundam nowadays started off with Wing or SEED, but barely know the main timeline of the Universal Century other than from hearsay or immature "what's the best..." debates.

So what was it like back then, before 2 second poses in crucial battle moments and everyone having funny haircuts? When Gundams were still actual war machines and not scythe wielding/angel winged knights of justice or looked overly colorful/flashy? How was it back in then, when the plotline wasn't ripped from a previous version and doomed to be called a cliche by those who knew it?

Here's a compilation of some series from the 1st, original, longest and only constant Gundam timeline, the Universal Century in Chronological (not production order!) order of the timeline (with exception of MS IGLOO, which should be the 1st), special attention should be given to the parts of the Amuro/Char saga (Amuro is the 1st Gundam Hero and Char the 1st Antagonist) which are marked with *:

Mobile Suit Gundam (aka 0079, 1st Gundam)*:

MS IgLoo (The Hidden One Year War/Apocalypse 0079):

The 8th MS Team:

0080 - War in the Pocket:

0083 - Stardust Memories:

Z Gundam*:

ZZ Gundam:

Char's Counterattack*:

Gundam Unicorn:

Gundam F91:

Victory Gundam:

(There are some missing)
    Last edited by B Gundam; 12-07-2007 at 07:13 AM.
    Life is like Gundam ZZ, anime ja nai!
    B Gundam's sigs

For we are one World with one Dream!
    Some things are timeless. In a literal sense.

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2014 10:38 PM
    Threads

you missed Gundam Victory

but I agree, UC is the best Gundam timeline.

what I like about the original Gundam, is that it was more about the war as a whole and not some super hyper undefeatable Gundams, there was a lot of focus on the characters and how their ideologies develop and what side they take during the war.
    Last edited by Aizmov; 12-05-2007 at 11:55 AM.

Protector of Mankind Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2009 08:58 PM
    Threads

omg Gandam MS 8th team rules...its has my fav. moble sult Ez8

Junior Member Gundam78 has a reputation beyond repute Gundam78 has a reputation beyond repute Gundam78 has a reputation beyond repute Gundam78 has a reputation beyond repute Gundam78 has a reputation beyond repute Gundam78 has a reputation beyond repute Gundam78 has a reputation beyond repute Gundam78 has a reputation beyond repute Gundam78 has a reputation beyond repute Gundam78 has a reputation beyond repute Gundam78 has a reputation beyond repute Gundam78's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-13-2007 07:41 PM
    Threads

Good **** man good ****, no theme out there is better than, 8th team rules, 0083, zz hands down

A proud member of the United Earth Denfense Force

Senior Member B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It has Victory now, and Gundam Unicorn (not an Anime).

Feel free to look at the stuff you don't know about.
    B Gundam's sigs

Senior Member raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel has much to be proud of raziel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2010 08:54 AM
    Threads

zeta gundam is my fave from the uc time line.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

G Generation Spirits has been released recently, featuring all the old school stuff. The whole G Generation got filled with UC only leaving out all Alternate Universes, so its the true "Old School" G Gen.
    Last edited by B Gundam; 12-17-2007 at 06:22 AM.
    B Gundam's sigs

Black Plague dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2008 08:27 PM
    Threads

i watched them all and i luv them all i only watched gundam from G-wing up to GX and GGod then when the Seed Series came out i realy dont like it no offense to the fans i just got a copy of the m8th's team and watching it now i luff the story <3 after that im a watching a copy of igloo ei bout Gundam Unicorn i luv the way the mechs look um how would you rate it? if its realy good say story plot battle scenes? if its realy good im a gettin a copy

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Gundam Unicorn is as mentioned, not an Anime/OVA/Movie, its a book actually, that was a promo video to visualize some of things of the story, such as how the Gundam transforms into Full Destroy mode. If you ask me to rate any of them I can tell you that none will drop below 7/10 overall for me, Victory Gundam, Gundam ZZ and probably 0080 are the borderline ("worst" of the listed) in my personal opinion, but still worth seeing (at any rate, I wouldn't recommend not seeing any of them). The best are 8th MS Team and Char's Counterattack (my opinion), but to fully enjoy Char's Counterattack you need to watch the 1st Gundam and Z Gundam before it.

The 1st Gundam gets an honour place, it is very old and the graphics animation are aged (the video in the post does not show from the Anime, these are game cutscenes made at a later time). But in its time (1979) it was one of the best Anime ever and deeply influenced Anime overall. read this and you''ll know what I mean.
    Last edited by B Gundam; 12-18-2007 at 02:30 PM.
    B Gundam's sigs

Black Plague dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage has a reputation beyond repute dollmage's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

1979 =( , i dun think i could get any vid like that ^_^ 90's i could but never 80's below too bad =( oh well tnx for the info

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You can watch a part of it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=kikaider17

Click "Play All" on "Mobile Suit Gundam_First Movie" Playlist.
    Last edited by B Gundam; 12-19-2007 at 03:40 AM.
    B Gundam's sigs

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

=( i wanna see the whole show ill try and find Mobile Suit G. so i would know more bout mech. and the G. History although Gundam-G is in a diff. parrarel universe i think its good what you think GB?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

G Gundam is a fun show to watch. It is not like most Gundams about wars and stuff, more a martial arts saga like Dragonball or Naruto, but with Gundams and a different storyline.
    B Gundam's sigs

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ehehehe and i think Deimon (did i wrote it ri8?) has the most shining attack with his Shining Gundam skill Shining Finger hehehehe kinda reminds me of TP Takamiya from BTx you know btx wonder if that belongs on mech section if so i would try to make a thread bout it and see if any one knows bout it

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Its Domon and his finishers shouts are fun. I mean everytime you hear this "HIIIIITO ENDO!!!" you know someone got pWned.
    B Gundam's sigs

Hooker Boots yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko.......'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2008 01:58 PM
    Threads

that suxs there like not in english Lol
    ------------AF Family-----------
    cousin- messengerfrom hell

tell me if you want to be on? <3
    PerfectionQueenie~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah its so kewl, heeheheh really luff that series i even got a copy of whole epi on dvd *_*

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by yoko....... View Post
    that suxs there like not in english Lol
    Thats probably because most Anime are not from english speaking countries, you're in the wrong forum then.
    B Gundam's sigs

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2014 10:38 PM
    Threads

Gundam Unicorn? Can you tell us more about it, I know it is a novel, and there are rumors about an anime.
    Last edited by Aizmov; 12-24-2007 at 06:34 AM.

Hooker Boots yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko....... is infamous around these parts yoko.......'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by B Gundam View Post
    Thats probably because most Anime are not from english speaking countries, you're in the wrong forum then.
    no most anime turns into english and i know for a fact that they change the voices characters too. =]

PerfectionQueenie~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by yoko....... View Post
    no most anime turns into english and i know for a fact that they change the voices characters too. =]

ahhh that's call dubbing the only anime~ish that was made pure english was avatar and yet it is still under debate whether its an anime and almost anime that have a gra8 impact towards Televise/ing are made by Japan which are naturaly japanese offcourse.

READ THIS ONE VERY IMPORTANT FACT'S FOR YOU YOKO
    In filmmaking, dubbing or looping is the process of recording or replacing voices for a motion picture. The term is most commonly used in reference to voices recorded that do not belong to the original actors and speak in a different language than the actor is speaking. "Dubbing" can also be used to describe the process of re-recording lines by the actor who originally spoke them. This process is technically known as automated dialogue replacement, or ADR.
    Although dubbing is most common with film, television series are sometimes dubbed as well (mostly popular Hollywood series and serialized Japaneseanime that have received foreign distribution). Foreign-language films and videos are often dubbed into the local language of their target markets to increase their popularity with the local audience by making them more accessible.

any way on topic. whos the guy from the 1st gundam that look like sex marquee?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Dubs, suck. There are *good* dubs, but most of them are done bad. Especially if you even change the names.

Tetsujin for example, had a detective change his name to "Dick Strong". The black tri-stars sound like hillbillies in the dubbed vesion of MSG and some people just sound gay in english or don't get the right tone.

It gets even worse when they reproduce the whole thing to make it "americanized", like Robotech or Voltron, which is simply downgrading the stuff more or less. Don't get me wrong, there is such a thing as a good original english Anime, Afro Samurai for example (for the fight scenes and Samuel L. Jackson as voice actor, the plot is as flat as a pancake). But if the original is japanese, its rather rarely adapted well when transfered to english.

In 90&#37; of all cases, you got it english, you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post
    Gundam Unicorn? Can you tell us more about it, I know it is a novel, and there are rumors about an anime.
    Sorry, novel only
    Last edited by B Gundam; 12-25-2007 at 09:38 AM.
    B Gundam's sigs

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dollmage View Post
    ahhh that's call dubbing the only anime~ish that was made pure english was avatar and yet it is still under debate whether its an anime and almost anime that have a gra8 impact towards Televise/ing are made by Japan which are naturaly japanese offcourse.

READ THIS ONE VERY IMPORTANT FACT'S FOR YOU YOKO
    In filmmaking, dubbing or looping is the process of recording or replacing voices for a motion picture. The term is most commonly used in reference to voices recorded that do not belong to the original actors and speak in a different language than the actor is speaking. "Dubbing" can also be used to describe the process of re-recording lines by the actor who originally spoke them. This process is technically known as automated dialogue replacement, or ADR.
    Although dubbing is most common with film, television series are sometimes dubbed as well (mostly popular Hollywood series and serialized Japaneseanime that have received foreign distribution). Foreign-language films and videos are often dubbed into the local language of their target markets to increase their popularity with the local audience by making them more accessible.

any way on topic. whos the guy from the 1st gundam that look like sex marquee?
    i know, i'm not a complete dumbass
    still they have to find someone that fits to the persons body because then it'd look well odd, but still it realy doesn't matter what words you use dubbing,getting new voices whatever it means the same thing so who the **** care, i only speak english.

PerfectionQueenie~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh really? Too bad the world isn't centered around you. Ergo, we don't the "****" care.
    B Gundam's sigs

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

the world soon will be about me when i'm famous, but yea i know i'm awesome haa gosh you guys make me sound so bad lol ^^

PerfectionQueenie~

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information