AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is Santa a Good Role Model or a Bad Role Model?

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2016 02:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    Yes. Santa is for the equal redistribution of wealth, abolishment of class, eradication of religion, and a planned economy. Rambo fought him in one of his movies, as I recall.
    all the more reason to declare Santa as enemy of the free world and part of the Axis of Evil
    it is out of the debate as far as I concerned Santa is evil without doubt

Santa with his reindeers and elves pose an immediate threat, and God knows what secret thingamajigs he is developing underneath the polar icecaps.

War on Santa, soon to be declared
    stay tuned
    Last edited by Aizmov; 12-05-2007 at 05:07 PM.

Senior Member DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Grumpy
    Gifts Trollface Beer Cookie
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2015 02:27 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Meiras View Post
    Think twice before they misbehave? >_>; and how does he teach them/tell them that?
    I don't want some non-existent fairy sprinkling fat man, jiggling his belly in front of my face, then handing me some coal.
    And that's the only reason you hate him. You shouldn't, YOU've been a bad girl, to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous Feind View Post
    Once at work Santa came through my register and his belly was leaning on top of the scales, I had to kindly ask him to remove it so I could weigh his nectarines. It felt kind of awkward.
    Ooooooh, i see. That was a definite flirt!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsterisk! View Post
    Girl Scouts selling their cookies from door to door (and at such a young age!). This is an abomination that we, as decent human beings, can tolerate no longer! NOW, WHO'S WITH ME??!!!?!!
    I. Am with You!
    Quote Originally Posted by *Amber* View Post
    yes but what's he smoking in that pipe huh? weed? you don't know that!
    MAYBE he's just smoking the same stuff the indians were smoking in a pipe when they invented tobaco smoking.

Senior Member Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2007 08:10 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post
    all the more reason to declare Santa as enemy of the free world and part of the Axis of Evil
    it is out of the debate as far as I concerned Santa is evil without doubt

Santa with his reindeers and elves pose an immediate threat, and God knows what secret thingamajigs he is developing underneath the polar icecaps.

stay tuned
    WAR TO THE FAT COMMIE!!!!!
    WAR I SAY!!!!
    WE DON'T NEED HIS PRESENTS!!!!
    Follow me, into the darkness

I will show you the path.

http://www.animecubed.com/billy/?Nagoyaka
    Join, have fun, and tell them Nagoyaka referred you

EL SATANED sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Vader Ramen Platypus
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2013 11:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

well....
    SANTA isnt real... =__=
    but then again neither is JESUS...
    but i guess hes a good role model
    hes a fat man that goes around giving gifts to good children
    and coles to bad kids
    so the story goes...
    but is he really that good?
    he breaks into peoples homes....
    and enslaves tiny elf dudes to do all the work
    when he just goes out one night a year
    also his name mixed around, sort of, Spells out SATAN!!! lol

well yeah getting back to the topic... seems like Fake beings are the only type of role models now a days
    (oprah,Jesus,GOD,santa,jfk,martin luther king jr.,ect...)
    sooooo yes hes a good role model

Senior Member DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Grumpy
    Gifts Trollface Beer Cookie
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2015 02:27 PM
    Threads

you wear red all the time, and give gifts for free, I'm guessing but you are a commie right?
    You should know... In soviet Russia, Santa gets gifts from YOU!

stay tuned
    You're taking this too military. There's nothing underneath the icecaps that could pose a threat to US national security(rest of the the world excluded). If you want to know the reality of the matter, the elves and reindeer working there are manufacturing items at a production rate that is twice bigger than China's work force. US goverment, MIB, Microsoft, ACME, and Charlie's Chocolate Factory have large, monetary investments in their activity. The Electronics World Market also has 35% invested in Santa Corp. and 65% in China. Due to higher deals with the US govt., they had to cancel their Nuclear Warhead provision contract with Iran. So you see, they're perfectly clean.
    WAR TO THE FAT COMMIE!!!!!
    WAR I SAY!!!!
    WE DON'T NEED HIS PRESENTS!!!!
    I suggest you keep it down before you get arrested, or beat up and brainwashed by a CIA agent.
    Last edited by DOOM!; 12-05-2007 at 05:49 PM.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh, dear God.

Ok, about the whole pedophile thing. Like Myrra said, kids sit on alot of people's laps. O.o' I don't see how simple things such as that have become so wrong.

And, about enslaving his elves...

Have you ever seen a movie where the elves aren't happy and cheery? (and the movie must be spreading holiday joy, not something like Robot Chicken)

I haven't.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Behold as the masses add meaning to a simple idea and making it more evil or more good in they're own opinions to fill in the blanks. You can't just let a laying dog lie, you either kick it or cuddle it. ...and people wonder why religion is slowly dwindling out of America...
    Last edited by niKopol; 12-05-2007 at 06:30 PM.
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Senior Member Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras has a reputation beyond repute Meiras's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
    Oh, dear God.

Ok, about the whole pedophile thing. Like Myrra said, kids sit on alot of people's laps. O.o' I don't see how simple things such as that have become so wrong.

And, about enslaving his elves...

Have you ever seen a movie where the elves aren't happy and cheery? (and the movie must be spreading holiday joy, not something like Robot Chicken)

I haven't.

pedophile thing, I will have you know is stupid
    everyone is being STUPID towards this, want to KNOW WHY?
    Yes, you sat on your PARENTS lap
    PARENTS
    PARENTS
    PARENTS
    Is santa your PARENT? Did he do the nasty to make you EXIST? I don't think so :P
    Thereby, he IS a pedophile, heck theres even border on billions of photos to prove it!
    Kids sit on his lap, THEN HE BRIBES THEM!!! thats what the presents are, BRIBES

elves - how do you know movies are TRUE?
    MOVIES ARE NEVER 100% TRUE, BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST THAT!
    Movies are just a RETELLING from someones POINT OF VIEW, not the TRUTH

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

pedophile thing, I will have you know is stupid
    everyone is being STUPID towards this, want to KNOW WHY?
    Yes, you sat on your PARENTS lap
    PARENTS
    PARENTS
    PARENTS
    Is santa your PARENT? Did he do the nasty to make you EXIST? I don't think so :P
    Thereby, he IS a pedophile, heck theres even border on billions of photos to prove it!
    Kids sit on his lap, THEN HE BRIBES THEM!!! thats what the presents are, BRIBES

elves - how do you know movies are TRUE?
    MOVIES ARE NEVER 100% TRUE, BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST THAT!
    Movies are just a RETELLING from someones POINT OF VIEW, not the TRUTH
    Dude, what the heck. He doesn't bribe you in any way. He's a way to get kids to be good. The parents will recognize this and buy them gifts, tell them it was Santa, and that's it. There has never been a case that I have seen where the child on Santa's lap was touched inappropriately. So there is no proof that Santa is a pedophile. Real or not. Also, it's a movie. Movies are never true or untrue unless it's a documentary or it tells you something false about a real event.
    Last edited by Memento Mori; 12-05-2007 at 07:12 PM.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Dude, what the heck. He doesn't bribe you in any way. He's a way to get kids to be good. The parents will recognize this and buy them gifts, tell them it was Santa, and that's it. There has never been a case that I have seen where the child on Santa's lap was touched inappropriately. So there is no proof that Santa is a pedophile. Real or not. Also, it's a movie. Movies are never true or untrue unless it's a documentary or it tells you something false about a real event.

presents = BRIBES (DUH!)
    therefore, it is a bribe for LITTLE kids to sit on 'santa's' lap
    What are the presents other then a way to get them to BEHAVE?
    Something in compensation for another is a BRIBE, whether it be behavior, schoolwork, etc.

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You still didn't explain how Santa is a pedophile or how the elves are not cheery and happy. THAT is why you are a retard. You have no real back-up for it.

Yes, presents are kind of bribes. But who gets the presents? (Not Santa, I'll tell you that.)
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

Fishes Swim In Zig-Zags Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx has a reputation beyond repute Snowscala_Xx's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2011 09:38 PM
    Threads

I like santa and all, but facts are facts indeed the victim stated that santa clearly called him/her not once but 3 times a ho. O_o
    Last edited by Snowscala_Xx; 12-05-2007 at 08:17 PM.
    +If Life gives you lemons, you squirt it in people's eyes+

la vie est exciter ainsi juste
    ほんとに好きです。CC Lemon 。わたしすきanimeです
    ぜんぶelseひみつです

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You still didn't explain how Santa is a pedophile or how the elves are not cheery and happy. THAT is why you are a retard. You have no real back-up for it.

Yes, presents are kind of bribes. But who gets the presents? (Not Santa, I'll tell you that.)

AH HA AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH AHAHHAH "no real back-up for it."
    AH HAHAHAHA
    Let me ask you this, how do you know they exist?
    How do you know the stories are true?

Santa = GETS LITTLE CHILDREN TO SIT ON HIS LAP WITH BRIBES - what do you NOT understand about that?

Elves not cheery and happy = How do you know they are cheery and happy to begin with? It is innate nature to be mean and cruel, that is a fact, its called survival of the fittest

Put two and two together before you come up here, screaming "Retard, you don't have anything"

Think, Think, Think, that is what you should do to figure it out - think

As for santa not getting presents, I NEVER said anything remotely near that, I said he used them as BRIBES. What do you know too? he DOES use them as bribes

-So says Merias, The 'Retard'

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Um, Santa isn't even real, how can he bribe? It's the parents and all the adults surrounding the child. And how do you know the elves ARE NOT happy and cheery? Don't you think by now, the elves would be taken out of the Santa picture if they were looked at as slaves? I am thinking. You're refusing to face facts. Santa is NOT a bad role model. He is an icon for a wonderful time of the year. If he WAS a bad influence, why would he be used as an icon for Jesus's birthday? How about you start thinking? You haven't given ANY feed back for ANYTHING you've said. You've been repeating the same things over and over. "He makes you sit on his lap and he bribes you with gifts to be good." and then, "He makes you sit on his lap and bribes you with gifts to be good." You haven't given any evidence he is bad besides that. and that's totally false to begin with.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Um, Santa isn't even real, how can he bribe? It's the parents and all the adults surrounding the child. And how do you know the elves ARE NOT happy and cheery? Don't you think by now, the elves would be taken out of the Santa picture if they were looked at as slaves? I am thinking. You're refusing to face facts. Santa is NOT a bad role model. He is an icon for a wonderful time of the year. If he WAS a bad influence, why would he be used as an icon for Jesus's birthday? How about you start thinking? You haven't given ANY feed back for ANYTHING you've said. You've been repeating the same things over and over. "He makes you sit on his lap and he bribes you with gifts to be good." and then, "He makes you sit on his lap and bribes you with gifts to be good." You haven't given any evidence he is bad besides that. and that's totally false to begin with.
    This is assuming this is real, geez, you don't think
    elves, if they were on the north pole, would be TRAPPED, think of the temperature, they have no choice
    I am not 'refusing facts' here, you are
    because life is FLAWED, do you understand that
    and you've been repeating the same thing too, I'm trying to BASH IT INTO YOUR HEAD, because you won't understand
    this originally turned from an overview of a post, therefore I haven't given any other information, think about that.
    The only reason I continue to navigate through obvious FACTS is due to your persistence in being oblivious to them

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is totally pointless, whether you view him as real or not, he is not a bad role model. He is a symbol for good and happiness, not pedophilia and slavery, no matter what you say.

In all movies the elves are dressed warmly, they have a good job, they get fed candy, they are basically well taken care of. Santa does a good job with that obviously.
    Santa doesn't enslave anybody, he has volunteer elves who love working for him because he works for a good cause; love. We have horses, and cattle at ranches, if santa can not use reindeer (which is eco friendly) then we shouldn't be able to use cattle." -unspun

Read that.

Also, it's not bribery, it's a reward at the end of the year for being a good child. A bribe and a reward are not the same thing. That is like saying they want you to run faster in a race to win the award, and then calling that bribery. You work up for that, you train, and you win. You get your prize. Same with being good. You're good, you're rewarded, you learn to be good, he comes next year.

None of what you have said is a fact. You've been saying he is a cruel dictator-like pedophile, basically. He treats his elves like crap, you say.

He isn't a pedophile because he does not touch the child in an inappropriate manner. The kid just sits on his lap, gets their picture, and they get off with a candy cane and a good pat on the head. And the parents are normally RIGHT there to watch.

"pedophilia is a ridiculous concept. Just because a child sits on a mans lap, doesn't automatically mean he's going to touch her. Warmth and affection seems to be a lost concept nowadays. I think it's BS." -unspun

Read that.

It's as if everything nowadays is sexually referenced. Suddenly a child sitting on Santa's lap is bad. It's been happening for decades, it's not like it's suddenly a horrid act by a pedophile. Next, teachers shaking hands with students will be bad because they're touching. Really, the fact he's being viewed as a pedophile is ridiculous. All you did was pull out something from the bottom of the well(and the gutter in your mind), and use it against him.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This is totally pointless, whether you view him as real or not, he is not a bad role model. He is a symbol for good and happiness, not pedophilia and slavery, no matter what you say.

In all movies the elves are dressed warmly, they have a good job, they get fed candy, they are basically well taken care of. Santa does a good job with that obviously.
    Santa doesn't enslave anybody, he has volunteer elves who love working for him because he works for a good cause; love. We have horses, and cattle at ranches, if santa can not use reindeer (which is eco friendly) then we shouldn't be able to use cattle." -unspun

Read that.

Also, it's not bribery, it's a reward at the end of the year for being a good child. A bribe and a reward are not the same thing. That is like saying they want you to run faster in a race to win the award, and then calling that bribery. You work up for that, you train, and you win. You get your prize. Same with being good. You're good, you're rewarded, you learn to be good, he comes next year.

None of what you have said is a fact. You've been saying he is a cruel dictator-like pedophile, basically. He treats his elves like crap, you say.

He isn't a pedophile because he does not touch the child in an inappropriate manner. The kid just sits on his lap, gets their picture, and they get off with a candy cane and a good pat on the head. And the parents are normally RIGHT there to watch.

"pedophilia is a ridiculous concept. Just because a child sits on a mans lap, doesn't automatically mean he's going to touch her. Warmth and affection seems to be a lost concept nowadays. I think it's BS." -unspun

Read that.

It's as if everything nowadays is sexually referenced. Suddenly a child sitting on Santa's lap is bad. It's been happening for decades, it's not like it's suddenly a horrid act by a pedophile. Next, teachers shaking hands with students will be bad because they're touching. Really, the fact he's being viewed as a pedophile is ridiculous. All you did was pull out something from the bottom of the well(and the gutter in your mind), and use it against him.
    About elves, as I previously stated, movies have no full truth
    reindeer being eco-friendly... hm, I don't suppose flying bombs of poop is friendly
    It isn't a reward, the only reason they would act good near christmas is the desire for items. Last I checked, this wasn't about any race either.
    I never said he treats his elves like crap, YOU just did, it was neither implied too.
    Can I sit on your lap then too? Can I sit on your lap with my parents watching, and not get arrested? I would much enjoy that.
    Sitting on ones lap IMPLY a feeling such as that, which is why it is perceived that way
    Shaking hands is a sign of respect, and it also represents other things. Don't mix the two.
    I NEVER stated these facts were true, I do believe. I do believe, that I never made these facts neither, for I pulled them from above posts.

read that, I'm telling you to think, and then you go twist around my words towards the point they aren't true.

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

I just think that the story was twisted and proded at from the story of St. Nicholas.
    Overall I think that the view on the present day Santa is and was a positive one.
    I suppose it depends on how you percieve the question though.
    Last edited by Gizoku; 12-05-2007 at 08:28 PM.
    Derp.

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Meiras, so we can mix Santa sitting on a child's lap and pedophilia? And I know it is not about any race, it's called comparison. Your stupidity amazes me. O.o'

Sitting on someone's lap does not imply pedophilia in any way. That was just totally wrong.

You, in fact, DID imply Santa treated his elves like crap.

elves, if they were on the north pole, would be TRAPPED, think of the temperature, they have no choice

Like that, maybe?

I did not twist your words in any way. You twisted the story of Santa Claus. End of story.
    Last edited by Memento Mori; 12-05-2007 at 08:30 PM.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

Senior Member Day has a reputation beyond repute Day has a reputation beyond repute Day has a reputation beyond repute Day has a reputation beyond repute Day has a reputation beyond repute Day has a reputation beyond repute Day has a reputation beyond repute Day has a reputation beyond repute Day has a reputation beyond repute Day has a reputation beyond repute Day has a reputation beyond repute Day's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2010 09:29 AM
    Threads

Lol nice topic. =/

The only thing I can think of is it depends.
    I stopped believeing in the guy like at two years. Enslaving the eleven race is bad, followed by him sneaking in at your house at night.

Hm it all depends.

-Current band addiction-

The Academy Is... <3

Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2015 09:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Both Santa and Jesus are very good role models. It's too bad that the later seems to be fading away from the holiday, which is his birthday.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Meiras, so we can mix Santa sitting on a child's lap and pedophilia? And I know it is not about any race, it's called comparison. Your stupidity amazes me. O.o'

Sitting on someone's lap does not imply pedophilia in any way. That was just totally wrong.

You, in fact, DID imply Santa treated his elves like crap.

Like that, maybe?

I did not twist your words in any way. You twisted the truth about Santa Claus. End of story.
    Your obliviousness amazes me, too.

aha, how does that imply they are treated like crap? Only location and temperature was mentioned.

Actually, your trying it now, and you truly are stupid to debate with me over an inexistent person.

Human arrogance amazes me, especially when they don't give up

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You're viewing him as a real being, and I'm not. You even stated that. Also, when you said they couldn't escape, that's implying he isn't treating them very well.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You're viewing him as a real being, and I'm not. You even stated that. Also, when you said they couldn't escape, that's implying he isn't treating them very well.
    can't escape, isn't treating them very well?

haha, think on that and pets for a moment, and so you must know I'll give you an example.
    My cat, is a house cat, he eats a lot, he runs around the house a lot, he loves me A LOT.

Senior Member Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Santa? Lost faith in any such person once I hit numbered grades. My parents never understood it, so they discouraged me in believing in him, good or bad.

I think that in general, at least from what I experienced as a kid in grade school and whatnot, Santa is meant to be a symbol of kindness and generosity, no matter what his origins or flaws. The basic idea is what I really think of him.

Of course movie portrayals and media depictions of the guy aren't 100% perfect. They're points of view, and what our culture and media have made of him can be interpreted in tons of ways. I think he's a symbol that reinforces a couple of basic morals I was taught from childhood.

Sitting on the lap? Pedophilia? I suppose you could look at it that way, but it's not as though it's an immediate sign that an old man wants to abuse little kids. It's the tradition. It wouldn't be any better if they were to hug him or something. Having a kid walking up to shake his hand isn't the point.

Smoking a pipe back in the days when he became a widespread icon wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Especially for the father-ish type figure he is.

The elves thing I'm not even going to touch, since you can invent anything and say that "WELL THERE'S NO REAL PROOF SO DON'T BE CLOSE MINDED!" Of course not. Anything you'd see from elves is from movies or storybooks. I never put much thought into it obviously o_O;

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

Closed Thread

Thread Information