AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Clannad

Junior Member l3lueMage is just really nice l3lueMage is just really nice l3lueMage is just really nice l3lueMage is just really nice l3lueMage's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2008 02:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Clannad

Doesn't seem to have a topic here so I shall make one o.o! Clannad is a school anime thing (Dunno what they are called)...and theres a rumor that a ghost of a girl that got in an accident 2 years ago walks around the school.

Such a sad anime '-' I just watched episode 9 and so sad >.< I dunno what ep 10 will be about but I can't wait for it xD! Really great anime, being subbed by eclipse.

The anime also has really funny parts ^^ Must watch for anyone that likes the school style animes

Senior Member Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 07:28 PM
    Threads

I haven't watched episode 9 yet! It just finished downloading...I'm so curious now! :O

I got into this series because it's mentioned in Megatokyo, which people recently got me addicted to. I've also had good luck in the past with anime that were originally games.

I've been really enjoying it so far. I like the art, everyone is so cute without looking TOO loli, and I love the humor as well. The scenes between Okazaki and Fuuko are great! It also seems to move along at a good pace without dragging things out too much. I get so fed up with fillers.

There are many things still unexplained (from what I heard, the ghost girl isn't the main plot O.o) but I can't wait to see where it goes in future episodes.

EDIT: Also, the ending theme is hilarious, adorable, and prone to getting stuck in my head. "Dango..dango..dango..dango..." Gah.
    Last edited by Sonata; 11-30-2007 at 07:41 PM.
    Ish hogtied, mostly, on a grill, oh, baby, covered in chocolate, mostly,
    with a banana in his mouth. Oh, oh, baby, if only Ai were that chick....

~AnimeGlobe, Old Skool - Society for the Creative Eating of the Ish~

Junior Member l3lueMage is just really nice l3lueMage is just really nice l3lueMage is just really nice l3lueMage is just really nice l3lueMage's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yea after watching ep 9 I realized she isn't the main plot either, maybe the first 9 episodes were fillers? xDDD

Senior Member Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata has a reputation beyond repute Sonata's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A good way to introduce all the characters maybe?

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 01:14 PM
    Threads

KEY is nefarious for doing that. Lots of story at the beginning that distracts you from what the plot is really about. I mean AIR was 9 episodes before you realized it would break your heart.

I haven't checked it out yet, I dislike kanon greatly (But I thought it was great couple years ago...) and I hear only great things about Clannad. I just wish I could play the game but sadly I cannot read nor speak Japan-file.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

How can you not like Kanon O.O Not even the remake? =(

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2008 12:32 AM
    Threads

Clannad is cool so far. It's sad but not depressing like Kanon or Air was at times. And it's the first KEY anime where the female lead isn't annoying right at the start. I mean, when I first watched Kanon and Air, I absolutely hated both female leads. I thought they were annoying and if I were the dude in the show, I'd have been too annoyed to hang out with them. But Nagisa is cute, and very natural and believable. So yeah.

下げ下げ下げ下げ

In case any of you want to correct, question, comment on, or suggest anything to me regarding my translations or use of Japanese, please do. My sources of learning have all been listening to people and kinda forcing my brain to interpret, rather than actually translate like a dictionary.
    I understand I'll make many mistakes (I'd be surprised if I translate something mistake-free) but you have to understand that I'm doing my best.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just watched episode nine, it WAS sad...but sweet as well. I really loved the song that played near the end of it.

I see what you mean about having no clue what episode 10 will be about...they really wrapped up this arc nicely. I guess it will be a complete surprise.

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 06:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Agreed. Key sure knows how to make some good anime. I tend not to watch the "Next Episode" previews as I want to let it come as a surprise. And to tell you, there's no fillers in any of the Key anime. Fillers only come in if an anime is being developed from a currently developed manga. Anime from Key all come from their..."games". So that's the reason why they go from one character to another. It's hard to really focus on a "main focus" or "main plot".

Overall, I'm liking Clannad so far, but I wouldn't say it's the best yet. The music however seems to fit every scene perfectly.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2008 12:32 AM
    Threads

Actually watching the "next episode" previews in Clannad give you almost no clues as to what the next episode is about. They show some irrelevant scenes sometimes. Like showing a character that only shows up for a few seconds, or something. And they use unconnected lines, and nobody really talks about the story. lol

But yeah. Wait, what was episode 9 about again? I seem to be forgetting something... I think there's someone I'm forgetting... A girl maybe? I really don't remember. I think there was something to celebrate on a Sunday, but I don't remember. Oh what's this shuriken doing here in my room? I don't remember getting this.

下げ下げ下げ下げ

In case any of you want to correct, question, comment on, or suggest anything to me regarding my translations or use of Japanese, please do. My sources of learning have all been listening to people and kinda forcing my brain to interpret, rather than actually translate like a dictionary.
    I understand I'll make many mistakes (I'd be surprised if I translate something mistake-free) but you have to understand that I'm doing my best.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

OMG Clannad 10 was awesome XD The ending PWND XDDD
    Last edited by l3lueMage; 12-08-2007 at 01:38 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information