AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kikyo: Good or Evil?

Junior Member Shuuhei'sChick is infamous around these parts Shuuhei'sChick is infamous around these parts Shuuhei'sChick is infamous around these parts Shuuhei'sChick is infamous around these parts Shuuhei'sChick is infamous around these parts Shuuhei'sChick is infamous around these parts Shuuhei'sChick is infamous around these parts Shuuhei'sChick's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2008 06:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Kikyo: Good or Evil?

Okay. My friends and I have been trying to figure out who's freakin side Kikyo is on!! Its been driving us crazy! So I'm asking you the readers to tell me what you think and why.

Personally I think the clay pot is 100% evil. Maybe she was good when she was alive, but now she's just evil.

So what do you guys think?

Junior Member Amyrat151 is infamous around these parts Amyrat151 is infamous around these parts Amyrat151 is infamous around these parts Amyrat151 is infamous around these parts Amyrat151's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2009 09:13 PM
    Threads

Not evil, she is, like most of the characters, fighting against Naraku, who is the source of all the badness in the series. Her methods of how she fights against Naraku calls her character in to question. She is arrogant, believing that she alone can defeat Naraku verse joining forces with InuYasha and group or her sister. And of course, the fact that she even exists by taking souls for others. She's ecesencally a parasite. She also took most of the spirtual powers she now has for Kagome. Kagome is unable to devolpe her powers to their fullest because of Kikyo. The person who was Kikyo in her life was a good woman who's only offense was that she grew tired of fighting, and wanted a life of her own. The empty clay vessel who only has a piece of her soul and sucks the souls of others is a negative force in the series. And would serve the story, as well as all the characters, best if she allowed herself to die. Giving Kagome all the powers that she should have, and allowing InuYasha to move on with his life.

Junior Member Shuuhei'sChick is infamous around these parts Shuuhei'sChick is infamous around these parts Shuuhei'sChick is infamous around these parts Shuuhei'sChick is infamous around these parts Shuuhei'sChick is infamous around these parts Shuuhei'sChick is infamous around these parts Shuuhei'sChick is infamous around these parts Shuuhei'sChick's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2008 06:33 PM
    Threads

Thanks a lot. Wait till I rub my friends nose in it! I was right!!! Whooo ^_^

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

SHE EATS SOULS. Liches are insta-evil. I don't care if she runs a puppy-orphanage, if she's eating souls she's evil by definition.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Innocent
    Gifts Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2015 05:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

She's niether good, nor evil...And she's NOT A LICH. >\

She was an oxymoron...an on purpose accident. She wanted to destroy Naraku and help the little people that needed help, but she didn't *really* care about anyone. She was was pretty much a clay flower pot with no flowers in it.

She's basically all of what Amyrat said...except that--She had her own powers...Never any of Kagome's. She was destroyed-and Kagome didn't get any stronger...she in fact became weaker. Though through no fault of her own. It was learned that the shikon no tama in Kags' body SEALED all of her true power away. Had nothing to do with Kikyou whatsoever.

(Besides-Kiks wasn't running on any fragment of her own soul...it was all hatred that kept her going-till the very end-when she threw the hatred all away-and the shouki from Naraku ate her hollow insides out.)
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Member cute_wong will become famous soon enough cute_wong will become famous soon enough cute_wong's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2008 02:11 PM
    Threads

She is just evil, since she eats soul...whatever the reason is

My love has come. Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2010 10:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2370 0071 2517 5181

Shes not good nor evil..Shes Kikyou

Funny how? Funny like a clown? Do I amuse you?

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, she eats souls: bad girl
    Fights against Naraku: good girl.

So can we just say that she is a a person, better or for worse? ("with both good and bad sides")

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Junior Member Amyrat151 is infamous around these parts Amyrat151 is infamous around these parts Amyrat151 is infamous around these parts Amyrat151 is infamous around these parts Amyrat151's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Higurashi Kagome, I guess I read some misinformation or confusing information about Kikyo's powers. But I asumed that Kikyo had a tiny piece of her own soul if she had all her memories, and she was able to limb away after Kagome took her soul back. So she must of had something. Maybe it was just all the darkness, and that's why Kagome's soul is as clean and white as hostipal sheats.
    I don't know about her death and stuff. I've seen a handful of the anime, and read to volume 31 of the manga, since that's what has been translated into English.

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Innocent
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

It was more likely a good majority of Kagome's hatred-whatever hatred she had-and Kiks ran off of that...

But-if you want to read past vol. 31, just find scanlations of it. There are plenty of places on the web that have them. I've got a site with the most currant up to date chapters and stuff. Don't rely on the anime at all. It's tripe, and tells a lot of lies in it's filler episodes, so it's a good thing you haven't seen much of it.

...Clear...

Senior Member ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2008 09:24 PM
    Threads

She's bad because she eats souls.
    "A ninja must always endure."-Recca
    "There are no coincidences in this world."-Clow Reed/Eriol
    "Try at least twice,
    Fail at least once."
    reccasakoshita16.blogspot.com
    Wanna join my family?...Just pm me.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't rely on the anime, at all. I know that the manga is better. But I do enjoy seeing the manga come to life, in a sense. But yeah, the filler episodes, the misinformation (example: that Kikyo created the submission beads), and the reworking of some of the characters (shippo is much less annoying that they make him) makes me irrated with the anime, and I don't like anime in genrel all that much to begin with.
    But please, point me to where I can find these scans. a web site link would be nice.

Gil
    Innocent
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Oh, I know...That whole 2 episode thing where they had Kikyou be the one who made the kotodama beads made me so angry at the animaters...Kaede made it. The old woman is NOT that useless...x.x Besides...only the bits that were the flashbacks in the rest of the series before were true. All the rest was tripe, garbage, lies.

And I agree about Shippou. Kagome-also-is ten times more annoying and harsh in the anime then she is in the manga. In the manga she *rarely* if *ever* uses the command for the beads on Inuyasha's neck...In the anime she uses them like-every episode. It's pathetic. ::sigh:: oh well, enough ranting.

...Clear...

♥ Red Haired Boy jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:02 PM
    Threads

Good? Evil? Psshh....how 'bout annoying...
    ~I'll never wish on another star again~

Just another crazy girl...
    hungry for your
    hot love

Member dark_blue has a reputation beyond repute dark_blue has a reputation beyond repute dark_blue has a reputation beyond repute dark_blue has a reputation beyond repute dark_blue has a reputation beyond repute dark_blue has a reputation beyond repute dark_blue has a reputation beyond repute dark_blue has a reputation beyond repute dark_blue has a reputation beyond repute dark_blue has a reputation beyond repute dark_blue has a reputation beyond repute dark_blue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2008 10:37 AM
    Threads

i'm not really sure that she is good or evil but i thing she is evil.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Not to mention they really make Kagome twice as helpless and damsel in distress-y in the anime. I want to yell at the screen, ok, she's not that useless. Same with Shippo in the manga he actaully helps out, verse just being there to be InuYasha's punching bag.
    Thank for the tip about the scanlations. I'm reading 35 now, some really signifacant things have already happened, since volume 31.

Gil
    Innocent
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Totally agree. Though-at the moment-Kags is virtually useless in the manga anyway...But-I won't give that away. I'll let you get to that point.

It's no problem. ^^ And yes...A LOT has happened since vol. 31.

...Clear...

Senior Member Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 05:32 PM
    Threads

I chose Anti-Hero. She's not a villain as she helps those who need it. She's not an hero as what she actually does to keep Inuyasha's group away.

I choose answers C and D.

C: Anti-hero
    D: Female Dog
    Why I'm Better Than You | I have an inability care about swearing

Christopher Micheal Benoit Career Profile
    May 21, 1967 - June 25 2007

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well Kagome is storng, just not in obvious ways. At least at38, where I am, I love when she tells Kogua to put her down, because he was trying to carry her to a safe place, so she could help the group.
    Anti-herion I think might be the best way to describe Kikyou, actaully. Well put.

:-* lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2010 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes, she eats souls. But, she fights against Naraku - which makes her doesnt look like evil anymore - at least for me. She is in the middle between good and evil? o.O

"When the world is running down, you make best of what's still around."
    "Sometimes, good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

Junior Member GreenTeaHyuuga is infamous around these parts GreenTeaHyuuga is infamous around these parts GreenTeaHyuuga is infamous around these parts GreenTeaHyuuga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2007 05:12 AM
    Threads

Thumbs up I don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Shuuhei'sChick View Post
    Okay. My friends and I have been trying to figure out who's freakin side Kikyo is on!! Its been driving us crazy! So I'm asking you the readers to tell me what you think and why.

Personally I think the clay pot is 100% evil. Maybe she was good when she was alive, but now she's just evil.

So what do you guys think?
    I don't understand why people hate her. =/ She helps people and she loves Inuyasha. Wow, that little wench deserves to die. -_- Anyway...I dunno...I can see why people call her evil. But if you think about it, Kikyo isn't the same as she was when she first came back from the dead. She used to be evil. Now, she helps Inuyasha and Kagome out. She gave Kagome that arrow to use one time. And it's not like she randomly just tells Naraku everything about the gang's whereabouts and totally tries to kill them. I think Kikyo is misunderstood. How would you feel in her shoes? Probably not the happiest person ever. =/ She was going to marry Inuyasha, then Naraku made them betray each other, and now that Kikyo's back and she and Inuyasha know what really happened, Inuyasha is running around with Kagome. I doubt anyone's going to jump into action and just become part of the gang when all that's happened. ._. That's just...obvious.

Hyuu-ga-cest (hyoo guh sest), n. 1. a type of incest that occurs when two members of the Hyuuga Clan are together in a romantic involvement. 2. a name sometimes given to the 'Neji x Hinata' Naruto pairing. 3. wonderful, completely satisfying devotion. 4. my OTP. x3

RETIRED. Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 07:00 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GreenTeaHyuuga View Post
    I don't understand why people hate her. =/ She helps people and she loves Inuyasha. Wow, that little wench deserves to die. -_- Anyway...I dunno...I can see why people call her evil. But if you think about it, Kikyo isn't the same as she was when she first came back from the dead. She used to be evil. Now, she helps Inuyasha and Kagome out. She gave Kagome that arrow to use one time. And it's not like she randomly just tells Naraku everything about the gang's whereabouts and totally tries to kill them. I think Kikyo is misunderstood. How would you feel in her shoes? Probably not the happiest person ever. =/ She was going to marry Inuyasha, then Naraku made them betray each other, and now that Kikyo's back and she and Inuyasha know what really happened, Inuyasha is running around with Kagome. I doubt anyone's going to jump into action and just become part of the gang when all that's happened. ._. That's just...obvious.
    ..Very obvious indeed. o_O; People are too close minded to think about who the character is and why he/she's like that. And no; she thought Inuyasha betrayed her; but all that time it had been Naraku. Like it was mentioned in a 'Inuyasha Countdown', in the second movie, it CLEARLY states WHY. Kthnx. Or you can easily ask or go look it up goddamnit.
    (x Retiring from this site. Am moving to Osaki, Miyagi in two weeks ( as of 5.29.15 ). I don't know if this site is blocked over there and I'd rather not deal with the mess. G'bye, scrub lords!

The Janitor Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2011 10:55 AM
    Threads

Kikyo is not evil nor good like many others said. She does not take sides. She is like Sesshoumoru...they are there just to add cool characters to the story and really without affecting the outcome of it. Except for the part where Kikyo gave the jewel to Naraku, but besides that, she is neutral for the most part.

YAY... It appear that BOREDOM strikes quite often!!

Member monkieezdaLAdzz has a reputation beyond repute monkieezdaLAdzz has a reputation beyond repute monkieezdaLAdzz has a reputation beyond repute monkieezdaLAdzz has a reputation beyond repute monkieezdaLAdzz has a reputation beyond repute monkieezdaLAdzz has a reputation beyond repute monkieezdaLAdzz has a reputation beyond repute monkieezdaLAdzz has a reputation beyond repute monkieezdaLAdzz has a reputation beyond repute monkieezdaLAdzz has a reputation beyond repute monkieezdaLAdzz has a reputation beyond repute monkieezdaLAdzz's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2008 04:39 AM
    Threads

i say kikyo is kinda evil but then again she is mostly good just because she eats souls doesnt really make her evil its her way of survive-in wel to me anywayy that is what i think L M A O...
    Ima Rebel
    No Seriously
    I need to eat !!
    Arrrggghhh

Junior Member ~*Samara*Densuke*~ will become famous soon enough ~*Samara*Densuke*~ will become famous soon enough ~*Samara*Densuke*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-18-2008 08:14 PM
    Threads

Kikyo, is definatly evil. Trying to take InuYasha down to hell with her, and taking souls from those who have died, and giving Kagome's Jewel Shard to Naraku, thats truly evil.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information