AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Are Toys that safe? (California?)

Someone took my sweet roll! Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Jet 255 - Torchic 255 - Torchic
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2013 04:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs down Are Toys that safe? (California?)

Yahoo!:
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The California attorney general and Los Angeles city attorney filed a lawsuit on Monday against 20 companies accusing them of manufacturing or selling toys with unlawfully high levels of lead.

The lawsuit, which names U.S. toy companies including Mattel Inc, and retailers, including Toys "R" Us Inc and Wal-Mart Stores Inc, says the companies knowingly exposed children and their parents to lead and did not provide sufficient warning about its risks.

"Despite the lengthening global supply chain, every company that does business in this state must follow the law and protect consumers from lead and other toxic materials," California Attorney General Jerry Brown said in a statement.

This was a interesting topic and I had to post it here. This is where we go back to where CHINA shouldn't make EVERYTHING we have. The paint contained lead so yah, we know how some babies can try to engulf toys...
    Last edited by Derrick Remon; 11-19-2007 at 08:33 PM.

┈┈┈┈┈╭┻━━┻╮┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈┃▆┈┈▆┃┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈╭╋━━━━╋╮┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈╰┫┈┈┈┈┣╯┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈╰┓┏┓┏╯┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈┈╰╯╰╯┈┈┈┈┈┈

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Not all toys are unsafe, but I'm not saying all are. And I'm not saying, "Stop buying from China because they make lead toys!" Plus, you don't even NEED toys to make a child happy. The parent can just make a cloth stuffed bear for the kid. It's good you keep up with the news and such, but please. NOT EVERYTHING is from CHINA. And I quote, "This is where we go back to where China shouldn't make EVERYTHING we have." Even so, they can if they want to. It feeds their families.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Aqua Dots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wikipedia
    Bindeez, marketed as Aqua Dots[1] in North America, are a children's toy that was awarded Australian "Toy of the Year" for 2007.[2] Toy Wishes magazine named it as one of the products among its 12 best toys of 2007.[1] It is manufactured in China for the Australian-owned company Moose Enterprise P/L, and distributed in North America by Spin Master Ltd. It is distributed in 40 countries, and 12 million packets, containing more than 8 billion beads, have been sold worldwide.[3]

The toy was subject to a multi-national product recall after it was found that the Wangqi Product Factory in Shenzhen, China had substituted a toxic chemical for the correct one in some shipped toys, resulting in the illness and hospitalisation of some children who ingested the beads.[4]
    yeapp~ Aqua dots.
    The colors can really make em' look like candy. it was said that some children (or babies) swallowed it and got drugged. and coma.

interesting news :3
    Over-saturating since '07

Someone took my sweet roll! Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeh, but I mean, "Do you give a little kid a 20 dollar bill or a toy? The only other solution is "DON'T BUY THE KIDS TOYS! BUY THEM ONLY CLOTHES FOR CHRISTMAS!" xD

┈┈┈┈┈╭┻━━┻╮┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈┃▆┈┈▆┃┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈╭╋━━━━╋╮┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈╰┫┈┈┈┈┣╯┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈╰┓┏┓┏╯┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈┈╰╯╰╯┈┈┈┈┈┈

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by [unlimited] View Post
    Aqua Dots?

yeapp~ Aqua dots.
    The colors can really make em' look like candy. it was said that some children (or babies) swallowed it and got drugged. and coma.

interesting news :3

Oh, so true. I can't believe it, because right before I saw this, I saw an Aquadots commercial.

Anyway, you can't avoid China...even with clothes. China is one of our leading suppliers. You can buy clothes from Thailand, but...you know, they're kinda...neighbors. Anyway, true. YOU can buy clothes for them, but that's only raising your child poorly in a way, not entertaining the child in some way. You can buy them something besides a toy, like...well...computer! Or...a gumball..or something kids like these days.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Off Topic, My dad bought these really expensive shoes at Red Wings and they are supposed to be "AMERICAN BRAND", he tried them on and they said, "MADE IN CHINA". Oh my freak'n god.

┈┈┈┈┈╭┻━━┻╮┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈┃▆┈┈▆┃┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈╭╋━━━━╋╮┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈╰┫┈┈┈┈┣╯┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈╰┓┏┓┏╯┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈┈╰╯╰╯┈┈┈┈┈┈

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If you have a problem with cheap toys being made cheaply, there's a solution: carve all of your children's toys out of wood.

Alternatively, spend a few more dollars and buy a toy that isn't asbestos covered in GHB and lead paint.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    If you have a problem with cheap toys being made cheaply, there's a solution: carve all of your children's toys out of wood.

Alternatively, spend a few more dollars and buy a toy that isn't asbestos covered in GHB and lead paint.
    What if they catch on fire and burn the house down? Or worse... I could die from a splinter!! o.O

┈┈┈┈┈╭┻━━┻╮┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈┃▆┈┈▆┃┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈╭╋━━━━╋╮┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈╰┫┈┈┈┈┣╯┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈╰┓┏┓┏╯┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈┈╰╯╰╯┈┈┈┈┈┈

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hayu View Post
    What if they catch on fire and burn the house down? Or worse... I could die from a splinter!! o.O
    It's actually pretty hard to burn carved wood. Anyone who has ever tried to start a fire knows this.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Ich liebe dich ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____'s Avatar
    Gil
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 05:47 PM
    Threads

Wood blocks are a lot more fun than many other toys. Plus some of the toys made in China look a bit...deformed.

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Hm..slowly increasing lead levels into our childrens toys...

It's obviously China's master plan to take over America.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I think its cheaper in china to use lead paints and whatnot. Or they're trying to kill us.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Taiga ga suki da. KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2010 12:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Hayu View Post
    Yeh, but I mean, "Do you give a little kid a 20 dollar bill or a toy? The only other solution is "DON'T BUY THE KIDS TOYS! BUY THEM ONLY CLOTHES FOR CHRISTMAS!" xD
    Oh God no. I can't count the number of times I've been let down at Christmas when I opened a gift and all it contained was a shirt/short/etc. I'm a kid! My parents can buy clothes for me. Get.me.toys.

Now that I'm grown up the issue remains the same. Give me big boy toys. I don't want pens!

To the topic at hand, I'd say it's the companies fault for wanting to make a lot more profit than they'd make by employing American labourers. Same thing holds true for all those customer help lines. You call about your computer and someone from India picks it up.

バン!バン!
    ---

|

---
    [sketches] | [sig thread]

The Lich Sith Lord Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2010 01:20 PM
    Threads

SIMPLE. Majority of toys are NOT safe. You're giving a child a small blunt (Occasionally sharp) plastic object. It's GUNNA have some bad results. I'm experianced. For the whole topic you posted. Ouhhh lawsuits, we all know they are used only to make money or screw someone over.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yah, but lead paint is different, You can't tell if it's lead paint, but you can tell it's sharp or not...

Jack, I do agree with you think about Lawsuits though... the do screw everyone.

┈┈┈┈┈╭┻━━┻╮┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈┃▆┈┈▆┃┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈╭╋━━━━╋╮┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈╰┫┈┈┈┈┣╯┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈╰┓┏┓┏╯┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈┈╰╯╰╯┈┈┈┈┈┈

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2016 06:43 PM
    Threads

Those damn greedy companies knowingly and willingly selling lead contaminated toys, made by Chinese companies that couldn't care less about safety standards!

Jose101's Chevalier #4 rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2008 12:11 PM
    In Hamashimura's "dungeon"...if you know what I mean
    Threads

You wanna know the reason for the lead paint on toys?
    It's to make the colors more vibrant and shiny.

Proving that shiny objects are distracting .

Not all toys are bad, just those from China. No,I kid.
    But seriously, over 10 million toys were recalled in the past several weeks in the US, and roughly 60 percent of all toy recalls this year were from China and for various reasons. From lead in the paint to, deadly chemicals to faulty wiring in electrical toys.

And to go slightly off topic, there were also food recalls from China. A massive pet food recall that killed dozens of pets, painted pigs, chickens, and fish, and a toothpaste recall. I know toothpaste isn't food but it needed to be included. In other words China is trying to kill us (by us I mean people in the US).

If this were Clue, the game would have been over a long time ago.
    ~Yay! This is the first sig I ever made!~
    Wanna be friends? Just drop me a line.
    My family is in my blog. Pm me to become a member.
    The more the merrier!

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Most toys aren't that safe. That's why it always says 'only for children of over 3 years old'. Since China's products are not safe, why not buy other countries' products? I know China's products are cheap but why risk your children if there's a possibility that the product's a defect? Better safe than sorry.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Dude, past 3 years old I was putting toys in my mouth subconsiously. It was just something to appease the oral cavity.

The U.S. companies have to do the research on the toys they retail. They are partially to blame for these kinds of things. The chinese companies that knowingly put dangerous stuff in the toys and looked the other way are also to blame. I don't care how poor their employees are.

Closed Thread

Thread Information