AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Super Mario Galaxy

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Default Super Mario Galaxy

I'm super glad that Mario Galaxy is prooving to be worth the wait, I'm getting a Wii this xmas, so it sucks having to wait to play it!!

I've heard terrific things about the game, the ending is supposed to be brilliant and every stage is filled with discovery. It's great from the begining to the end. Is this really turning out to be the most perfect example of platforming in a 3-D game ever seen? (As many have been saying)

I know some of you have/are playing it, so post what you think.

And PLEASE if you're going to post, actually post something other than "It's awesome and fun." "I really likes it."
    Last edited by Buruku; 11-19-2007 at 11:35 AM.
    A MaruDashi Creation

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Honestly, I think the Mario franchise sort of died when it transitioned to 3D. Though, I havn't played Mario Galaxy, so I can't say if it's somehow miraculously gotten over the flaws of previous games.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Mario Galaxy keeps with the theme that it has been since Mario 64. Some people like the shift from platformer to adventure game, and other people didn't.

In all honesty, I find that Mario Galaxy is as fun as Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine, but certainly not more fun. They have continued to take the same type of game, and add a new twist onto it so it's not the same boring thing over and over again.

There is a lot to enjoy about it, but if you got bored with the previous two, this one is not going to be a whole lot better, for sure. My only real complaint so far is that the control gets kind of confusing with the shifts in gravity and camera and whatnot. The camera issues are the same that they always have been, with getting strange camera angles, and for no reason at all, not being allowed to move it.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

☃ Snowmen! ☃ ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2011 06:23 PM
    Threads

from the current reports coming in. good luck grabbing a wii.
    if you do though. IMO mario galaxy is freaking amazing. The graphics are one thing, in which they can beat a lot of the lower end 360 games. Things are very smooth, so they're not very jagged be it anti-aliasing or polygons/bump mapping. The gameplay itself is very fun i find. camera and controls work perfectly. lots of the puzzles and elements in the game are just fun, period. And everything. and i mean everything. is cute. specially the lumas xD

ProjectVirtue.Deviantart.com

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

Quote Originally Posted by Hatake Buruku View Post
    I'm super glad that Mario Galaxy is prooving to be worth the wait, I'm getting a Wii this xmas, so it sucks having to wait to play it!!

I've heard terrific things about the game, the ending is supposed to be brilliant and every stage is filled with discovery. It's great from the begining to the end. Is this really turning out to be the most perfect example of platforming in a 3-D game ever seen? (As many have been saying)

I know some of you have/are playing it, so post what you think.

And PLEASE if you're going to post, actually post something other than "It's awesome and fun." "I really likes it."
    Fine i will not just post i really like it LOL

i already have a wii however i'm not to clear on the release data and if it currently out for sale i have not found it

I have search but nothing so I/m with you I also must wait sometime to play it I hope it is as good as everyone is saying that it will be

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectVirtue View Post
    from the current reports coming in. good luck grabbing a wii.
    Aw, I was affraid of that. Man I'm going to be bummed if I can't get one by xmas time, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised. This is the time where everyone rushes out to get one.
    A MaruDashi Creation

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Well, you have a little better chance getting during this holiday season since Brawl was bumped back. If Brawl wasn't moved back, would've been almost impossible to get a Wii.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Seems to me, it's been pretty tough to get a Wii anyhow. Every time I've looked in the stores since it came out, I've only actually seen it there once, and that was about 2 weeks ago. But I haven't been looking especially hard, since I don't need another one.

Honestly, I don't think Brawl would make it any harder to find a Wii, with how it is now. The holiday season is what it is, after all.

I looked over my post and realized I didn't actually say my opinion on the game. Yeah, I've been enjoying it so far. I'd easily give it an 8 out of 10 rating. It's a great deal of fun.

You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Member mclane is infamous around these parts mclane is infamous around these parts mclane is infamous around these parts mclane is infamous around these parts mclane is infamous around these parts mclane is infamous around these parts mclane's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2007 09:07 PM
    Threads

i am soo pumped for mario!

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

I'm ready for the game. I don't have any money to buy it right now, but I plan to rent it ASAP.

I'm hoping my love of Super Mario 64 doesn't make Galaxy have to work too hard to impress me.

But I'm looking forward to it.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I just got my Wii a few weeks ago myself (They had ONE left at gamestop) so I feel your pain =/

But I picked up Galaxy...I like it. Personally I liked it, I didn't know I would have either...Since I loved 64, but hated Sunshine.
    This one felt more...Epic?
    ...Can we classify Mario games as Epic >_>?

Senior Member MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2013 01:49 AM
    Threads

this game looks cool but a lil confusin

I'm just so Domo! Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2010 07:31 PM
    Threads

It looks pretty good.

Made by me. =D

Junior Member eoland3 is on a distinguished road eoland3's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2007 09:42 PM
    Threads

I finished Mario Galaxy and the graphix are great and the game is easy in the begining but gets harder and much more fun. If I were to rate Mario Galaxy I would give it a 8/10. The only problem is the characters that actually talk should have voices and the two player sucks...
    Last edited by eoland3; 11-21-2007 at 09:45 PM.

☃ Snowmen! ☃ ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue has a reputation beyond repute ProjectVirtue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2011 06:23 PM
    Threads

2 player is optional after all. Me and my sister like it actually xD
    Talking in mario games...i cant see that happening. the occasional blurbs in galaxy seems to be fitting as opposed to full on acting. Plus, english voices never sound as natural as the japanese ones.

Our local bestbuy + futureshop + EB + walmart has been sold out of wiis since Day 1. Yes you're lucky and unlucky for brawl being pushed back. Sure it takes some stress during this time of year. But when you cant find one, and brawl comes out, and theres an even bigger scramble...
    Europe is currently sold out of wii's across the continent and it doesn't seem like they'll be able to meet the demand for it ccording to a report yesterday. If you can find way to order from nova scotia here in canada, you can prolly get one. my friend saw tons of them there because the maritime provinces aren't very wealthy =\

ProjectVirtue.Deviantart.com

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think I have to take back what I said about the camera issues. After having gone through the whole game, I have to say, these are no minor problems. In a 3D game, you really need either fixed camera angles, or full control over it, and Mario Galaxy suffers from the problems with both of these methods.

Certainly, you can move the camera around. ... When the game decides you can. But when you get stuck with the camera in a small angle, and you need to see a wider angle to get an idea of the direction you are going it's extremely frustrating. It seems almost like it just randomly decides you aren't allowed to move the camera, and it just doesn't make sense to do that.

That being said, I've grown even more fond of the Bowser fights and the platformer-style sections of the game. It brought back a lot of the Super Mario 3 and Super Mario World feel that I missed so much.

I wouldn't say that two player sucks, so much as it isn't really two player mode. Just like the previous two 3D games, it's not a 2-player game. I think it's kind of nice that they added on anything for a second player to do at all.

You know it's true.

Closed Thread

Thread Information