AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Mahoromatic Opinions

Member kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2008 01:45 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Mahoromatic Opinions

I'm a big fan of most of Gainax's work, but I will admit I usually dislike their endings. After completing most of their series, I feel really bummed out and depressed. As you can guess I don't like feeling bummed after watching something intended to entertain me.

I've been delaying watching Mahoromatic for some time now because I hear it's an emotional rollercoaster, and that it easily has one of the most depressing and unsatisfying endings Gainax has ever produced. I've read several reviews of the show, and for the most part people like it, aside from the ending.

What I'd like to know is do the good aspects of the show overshadow the debilitatingly depressing ending or vice versa? Should I watch it or will I regret it and feel terrible for a week? Should I watch the show with a friend/club to lessen the depressing factor? Please give me your impressions of this show. Thanks!!!

Senior Member Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome has a reputation beyond repute Metronome's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2014 10:36 AM
    Threads

Look being depressed about some shows is just how it goes not every show can have a happy ending but that doesn't make it bad. It's the sad endings that make them memorable but I will say this I LOVE Mahoromatic but the anime ending was reeeeeeeeeally terrible, the manga ending made more sense but even so the ending will really bum you out like wtf. All in all the show still pwns face but trust me it won't end like you want it to so it's up to you whether to watch it or not. That is all ~de arimasu

*edit* Gainax fanservice is ftw =3
    Samuraipanda [STAFF] 2008-04-02 00:26:25
    i would like to touch her bun
    Katybear [MOD] 2008-04-02 00:27:45
    O.o .... Whos bun? lol
    Metronome [VIP] 2008-04-02 00:28:01
    Uh-oh...thought you were hibernating, so you gonna maul him now or later? X3
    Welcome Back, Metronome! There have been 527419 posts, 29053 threads and 53924 blog entries since your last visit at 04:33 AM 06-05-2009.
    LOL oops...

Member kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami has a reputation beyond repute kakerukami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2008 01:45 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsen Yuki View Post
    Look being depressed about some shows is just how it goes not every show can have a happy ending but that doesn't make it bad. It's the sad endings that make them memorable but I will say this I LOVE Mahoromatic but the anime ending was reeeeeeeeeally terrible, the manga ending made more sense but even so the ending will really bum you out like wtf. All in all the show still pwns face but trust me it won't end like you want it to so it's up to you whether to watch it or not. That is all ~de arimasu

*edit* Gainax fanservice is ftw =3

Oh...no, no ...I totally agree with you. I can completely relate to what you're saying and understand the merits that make a "memorable" series. Sad endings can make shows/movies exceptionally good. For example,

I loved the Gurren Lagann ending
    , and I loved Grave of the Fireflies (didn't think I needed spoilers on this one). In fact, I mostly don't mind WTF endings, for example

MindGame
    (which is pure genious btw). Heck, I even considered the ending to EVA passable though morbidly depressing. The thing is I kept hearing it's beyond sad; it's as you said "reeeeeeeeeally terrible". On the one hand I hate to watch something that will leave me pondering its intricacies when I should be working, but on the other I'm itching to experience this series for myself. It's like forbidden fruit to me now, and I'm wondering if it's worth leaving eden to take it. I suppose what I'm looking for is an example of the type of response the ending will yield and if preparation will help in easing this response.

Anyway, thanks for the reply ^^. I guess it can be expected that you enjoyed it seeing as it's your avatar, hehehe. Anyone else have any positive/negative testimonials?
    Last edited by kakerukami; 11-13-2007 at 02:51 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information