AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: [REQ] Two Song Requests- Player and Date of Rebirth

Junior Member AllaBlakeovna is on a distinguished road AllaBlakeovna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2007 03:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [REQ] Two Song Requests- Player and Date of Rebirth

I haven't seen either of these two songs submitted to animelyrics.com, and I've really wanted to have them.
    Both songs appeared in the movie, Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society.
    I know Yoko Kanno did the lyrics for Player, but I'm not sure if it was her or the artist Origa who sung the song. Then Date of Rebirth I know for a fact was sung by Origa. I do have the Russian lyrics for Date of Rebirth because I can speak and read the language, but I haven't gotten around to writing down a full English translation. I have definite translations for certain lines, such as:
    Для чего? (Dlya means "For" and "chevo" means "what?" So this line would be, "What's it for?" )
    Погибая воз рождаться
    В новый мир
    (Pogibaya means "to die," Pozdatcya means "to be born" and V Novwee Meer means "Into the new world." So this would translate as, "To die, that I might be reborn, into the new world.")

As for the song Player, I don't have the Russian lyrics written up, but I understand a lot more lines in that particular song than in Date of Rebirth. I'm only taking Russian language classes at my High School, but I'm advanced for my level (at least I hope so.) and I didn't use translation sights to figure out the meanings of the songs, I've been using other resources, like my brain and my Russian teacher.
    As you can tell, I'm somewhat of a Ghost in the Shell enthusiast. I really love the Russian songs that have been done for the anime, like Inner Universe and Rise.

Junior Member AoiNagisa is a jewel in the rough AoiNagisa is a jewel in the rough AoiNagisa is a jewel in the rough AoiNagisa is a jewel in the rough AoiNagisa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2007 08:04 AM
    Threads

Here is the lyric for player =D i put in 3 type~(kanji,romaji and english)

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=66622

Junior Member AoiNagisa is a jewel in the rough AoiNagisa is a jewel in the rough AoiNagisa is a jewel in the rough AoiNagisa is a jewel in the rough AoiNagisa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2007 08:04 AM
    Threads

Here is the other one date of rebirth~

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=66624

Closed Thread

Thread Information