AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Manga based on Video Games?

Senior Member GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2007 06:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Manga based on Video Games?

OK, i wasn't sure where to put this

i was going to put it in the miscellaneous section, then in general anime, but it's here now, if in the wrong section, please move it

So, you know how they have animes and mangas based on each other.

I was wondering if they ever had a manga based on a video game.

don't call me stupid for thinking of this.

so, does anyone know if there has ever been one?

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

I believe theres a manga for Persona 3.

Theres also one for Fatal Frame 1 and a comicology[sp?] for the Fatal Frame series [1-3].

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

死神 Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko has a reputation beyond repute Saiyuko's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2009 02:22 PM
    Threads

There happens to be ones for Suikoden III and Disgaea 1 and 2.Do visual novels count?Cause alot of animes are based off of them.
    My Youtube Page
    A touhou fan. Yay for Danmaku.

hobo for hire realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2010 07:58 PM
    A drifting spec in the depths of the galaxy
    Threads

initial D
    great anime torrent http://dattebayo.com/t/

Live to ride, ride to live.

Senior Member GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP has much to be proud of GGP's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2007 06:29 PM
    Threads

cool, thanks for the responses

i'll probably check a few of them out

thanks

PK of the Azure Flame KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX's Avatar
    Gil
    Hacker
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2016 03:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Ohh_Powl

i know they got a kingdom hearts manga and a suikoden manga
    Thank you to all who helped me get out of the red, i really appriciate it ^^

please click my egg

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Kingdom Hearts, that's all I know that's manga based on video game.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    Asamidori is on a distinguished road Asamidori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-22-2007 11:33 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

The whole of the Tales series.

Junior Member FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2007 10:52 PM
    Threads

Kingdom Hearts is one, I also know that there's a Ragnarok Online manga...If I think of any others, I'll let you know.
    You do not need a weapon, for your body can be a weapon.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2008 11:32 PM
    Threads

Actually some of the stuff you guys mentioned is backwards. They're games based on manga. Not sure which ones though. But I'm sure Ragnarok's game was based on the manhwa, and only very loosely at that. Initial D was also a manga first before it was a game.

下げ下げ下げ下げ

In case any of you want to correct, question, comment on, or suggest anything to me regarding my translations or use of Japanese, please do. My sources of learning have all been listening to people and kinda forcing my brain to interpret, rather than actually translate like a dictionary.
    I understand I'll make many mistakes (I'd be surprised if I translate something mistake-free) but you have to understand that I'm doing my best.

Senior Member Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2008 10:54 AM
    Threads

They have Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time manga.
    I think that there is manga for Majoras Mask as well...

I like my sig, thank you Jagan Eye ^^

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've seen anime games without actual manga that exist, but I don't think that I've seen a game based on manga.

Junior Member FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2007 10:52 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Unknownymous View Post
    Actually some of the stuff you guys mentioned is backwards. They're games based on manga. Not sure which ones though. But I'm sure Ragnarok's game was based on the manhwa, and only very loosely at that. Initial D was also a manga first before it was a game.
    Yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks for clearing it up.
    You do not need a weapon, for your body can be a weapon.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

But which came first in those situations? The manga or the game?

I don't know if the Final Fantasy thing is based off of the game or came before hand. (I think it's either a manga or a movie.. I dont remember.)
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous has a reputation beyond repute Unknownymous's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The Final Fantasy games came first as far as I know. Since you mentioned movie, you're probably thinking of the Advent Children things, in which case, the game certainly came first.

I actually don't know if there's an official Final Fantasy manga of any series (there probably isn't). There have been a lot of fan-made works, but I think none that suggest that the story of the game was based off of a manga.

下げ下げ下げ下げ

In case any of you want to correct, question, comment on, or suggest anything to me regarding my translations or use of Japanese, please do. My sources of learning have all been listening to people and kinda forcing my brain to interpret, rather than actually translate like a dictionary.
    I understand I'll make many mistakes (I'd be surprised if I translate something mistake-free) but you have to understand that I'm doing my best.

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Star Ocean EX is an anime based off a manga that is based off Star Ocean: The Second Story.
    Last edited by Khanxay; 10-25-2007 at 02:17 PM.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Aha good find. I forgot about that one actually. And to think the manga is pretty cool.

下げ下げ下げ下げ

Junior Member vivvav is a splendid one to behold vivvav is a splendid one to behold vivvav is a splendid one to behold vivvav is a splendid one to behold vivvav is a splendid one to behold vivvav is a splendid one to behold vivvav is a splendid one to behold vivvav is a splendid one to behold vivvav's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2007 06:33 AM
    Threads

KH Manga sucks. It makes a mockery of the game. Whatever you do, don't read it. It's one thing for Videogames to be translated into American Style comics, but something just goes wrong when Manga is involved. Unless it's fan made, in which case it's amazing.
    Jacob Frank

AceNoctali has a reputation beyond repute AceNoctali has a reputation beyond repute AceNoctali has a reputation beyond repute AceNoctali has a reputation beyond repute AceNoctali has a reputation beyond repute AceNoctali has a reputation beyond repute AceNoctali has a reputation beyond repute AceNoctali has a reputation beyond repute AceNoctali has a reputation beyond repute AceNoctali has a reputation beyond repute AceNoctali has a reputation beyond repute AceNoctali's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2012 07:31 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

There's also a lot of manga based on several entries of the Fire Emblem series.

Fire Emblem : Seisen no Keifu (FE4) alone has 3 official main manga series (one by Oosawa Mitsuki, one by Fujimori Nuts - also spelled as Fujimori Nattsu - and one by Fuyuki Nea), and lots of 4-Koma anthologies.

Fire Emblem : Monshô no Nazo (FE3) has at least 2 main manga series along with the 4-Koma anthologies, Fire Emblem : Thracia 776 (FE5) has a main manga series as well, and Fire Emblem : Fuuin no Tsurugi (FE6) has Hasha no Tsurugi.

And, let's not forget there's a LOT of different Pokémon manga series !

(And props for mentioning the SO2 manga. That one is awesome.)
    Last edited by AceNoctali; 11-10-2007 at 08:18 AM.
    人の悲しみがわかる優しさと
    人の悲しみを救える勇気と
    人の悲しみに打ち勝つ力を
    『「ファイアーエムブレム:聖戦の系譜」のA-ランクエンディング』

~Lolitaloid~ Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts 151 - Mew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2011 06:46 PM
    Threads

Well Kingdom Hearts,Disgaea 1 and 2,The whole Tales Series,and Suikoden.Thats about all I know.
    Set by me.

I was Hieko.

Owner of Spaghetti Cat Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2010 10:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gandizzl

Quite the amount of different Street Fighter manga's out there.

Ari Gold set by dotmyztick <33

Wonderwice fan nr.1
    |Gan, Lettuce and CFA..
    Corrupting the Masses since 2006|
    Gandy-Man and Bunster saving one pimp and one pornstar at a time.

Protector of Mankind Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce has a reputation beyond repute Hanzo_DarkIce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2009 08:58 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by realms89 View Post
    initial D
    man i was going to say that well beat me to it

Senior Member Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2008 12:26 AM
    Threads

Kingdom Hearts, a lot of Street Fighters, Devil May Cry (Yes they actually have one.)

"I'm done with what you call Emotion. . ."

"There is no good nor evil. But thinking makes it so."

Closed Thread

Thread Information