AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Dark Avatar

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

Default Dark Avatar

So, I bought this month's Shounen Jump, and to my surprise I find a card inside of it. What card, you ask? Why, the English version of this:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...JC-JP020-3.jpg

It's somewhat large, so it's best to simply link it.

This card, ladies and gentlemen, is called Dark Avatar. It is a Dark-type Fiend. Its effect is as follows:

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card can only be Normal Summoned or set by sacrificing three monsters on your side of the field. When this card is successfully Normal Summoned, your opponent cannot activate any Spell or Trap cards for the next two turns. The ATK and DEF of this card are equal to the ATK of the face up monster on the field with the highest attack(except Dark Avatar)+100.

Thoughts? Opinions? No, it will not be banned, I don't think. It'll most definitely be restricted to 1 however.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Senior Member Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 05:32 PM
    Threads

A difficult card to play indeed. But I don't think it'll get banned for sure. POSSIBLY restricted but sacraficing three monsters can be EXTREAMLY difficult. Then again I've been out of you YGO loop for about 2 years now.
    Why I'm Better Than You | I have an inability care about swearing

Christopher Micheal Benoit Career Profile
    May 21, 1967 - June 25 2007

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, it seems to be more of a defensive card, sort of a card burner/counter to any potential beatsticking going on. I would probably use Dark Dreadroute for offense instead of this.

For the record, Dreadroute is a 4k/4k 3trib normal summon only that halves the attack of everything else on the field. Not in print in the US yet, but it is in Tag Force for the PSP.

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Benoit View Post
    A difficult card to play indeed. But I don't think it'll get banned for sure. POSSIBLY restricted but sacraficing three monsters can be EXTREAMLY difficult. Then again I've been out of you YGO loop for about 2 years now.

true however i believe that it is possible that this card will get played often because of it's effect I would play it

tuxedo mask shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 07:07 PM
    Threads

Ok Jose, it's fairly easy to get 3 cards in the first turn and then manage to sacrifice them in the second turn menaing this card may have the time which you can play it as no doubt it would be placed on the banned list like the gods and the upcoming relasing of sacred beasts. So unless you duel for fun and nbnot competivley this card may be usless sano-Kun
    Destined to be alone for ever.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I doubt it, unless someone finds some kind of insane exploit for it to shut down spells and traps AND uses it in a tournament.

I can kind of see it, especially since the tributes are an effect and therefore Scapegoats can be used. Even then it's not as easy as, say, Yata-Garasu.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Senior Member Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2010 07:41 AM
    Threads

this card is basically a "Playable Almost-God Card" this card gains 100 attack points more then the Monster with the Highest Attack. The same as The Winged Dragon of Ra in it's Sphere mode. true this card is a little hard to pull out, but if you use monster that count as two monster when tribute summoning a Dark monster like Double Coustin and Dark Egiffy.

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/ENC...AzBl0Pp95cPgk1
    Saving the World, one Duel at a time.
    Get your game On!!

My Family;
    Little Sister: ~*Clawdia*~
    Brother: jose101
    Cousin: LadyWolf14
    Twin Sister:♥Miss.Bun Bun

Closed Thread

Thread Information