Well,this is my current band obsession,so I thought,why not posting it right now?
I haven't seen this question,so I assume it doesn't exist...
And voila!!!
Here I am opening it...
Let's make a quick review:

==================
Little something:
==================
Iced Earth is an American heavy metal band that combine influences from trash metal, power metal, progressive metal, opera, speed metal and NWOBHM. In 1999 their leader and songwriter Jon Shaffer teamed up with Blind Guardian vocalist to form a side project called Demons & Wizards...
Also,it's known that Jon was got the idea of making this band while visiting KISS concert (lol),and he formed it...
Though,bands first name was Purgatory,and just before releasing last demo,they changed it to Iced Earth,because,when moved to Florida,he found out that there already is a band named Purgatory...
Well,we can say that he was forced to change the bands name...

=================
Line-up:
=================
Also,band went through numerous line-up changes,so I won't be posting them here...If anyone is interested,it can be easily found on their official site...
Now,Jon is just backup vocalist,but he does play rhythm & lead guitars...Now,in 2007,Troy Seele became their lead guitar...
Other members (current line-up):
Tim "Ripper" Owens - as a vocalist
Dennis Hayes - bass guitar (now,in 2007)
Brent Smedley - drums

=================

Lyrics:
=================
They have decent lyrics,with horror, suffering, history, revenge, and fantasy influences...
Lyrics tend to deal with theological issues such as punishment and sin,and similar to those,along with heaven,apocalypse etc... Many of the band's recent albums have been albums written around a theme (eg:horror movies,historical wars,antiheroes etc.)...

=================
Sound:
=================

Well,mostly,they are somewhat Iron Maiden combined with 80's trash metal...

The most distinctive element of the band's sound is the stuttering, which sounds something like the 'eight note, two-sixteenths note gallop made famous by Iron Maiden's bass player/songwriter Steve Harris, sped up tremendously and varied rhythmically.
Overtop of this gallop are typically laid strong melodic hooks, sometimes doubled by two guitars playing in harmony...

================
Discography:
================
Beside demos,there are:
~ Iced Earth (1991)
~ Night of the Stormrider (1992)
~ Burnt Offerings (1995)
~ The Dark Saga (1996)
~ Days of Purgatory (1997)
~ Something Wicked this Way Comes (1998)
~ Alive in Athens (1999)
~ The Melancholy [EP] (1999)
~ Horror Show (2001)
~ Tribute to the Gods (2001)
~ The Reckoning [SINGLE] (2003)
~ The Glorious Burden (2004)
~ The Blessed and the Damned (2004)
~ Framing Armageddon (2007)
~ Overture of the Wicked [SINGLE] (2007)

Now...
Anyone else knows about them?
What's your opinion about them?

NOTE:
Red colored is taken from Wikipedia