AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Online Dating

The Lich Sith Lord Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2010 01:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

This HAS been posted before but WHO cares, I don't.

Anywho. I dun min it. So long as they meet each other I say it's all good. Things can happen, I mean look at Bush, he made it in, and how big Christianity is.

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Well, I agree with what Minako, Fabako and Myrra said. And since I guess I can now relate to this I can't help but add my two cents...

Since we both live in the states and have free minutes on our cell phones every night, we got the luxury of getting to talk on the phone every day for hours, which we did. (and still do) So, even though I came into contact with him online, our relationship seemed more like a phone relationship then anything.

We sent packages, pictures, letters, pretty much everything we could before we got to meet. And yes, meeting in person -is- very different, I don't think you need to meet in person to fall in love, but I think meeting is absolutely neccessary for anything to go anywhere. Even though I knew a ton about him before seeing him in person, being together makes you bond in completely different ways. So now I just consider our relationship long-distance, not online.

But if our relationship ends up crashing and burning for whatever reason, I would never do the meeting online thing again. I also don't know if I recommend it. Its easy for young internet dwellers to cling to someone who accepts their affection, and if it doesn't work out (usually) people get hurt, and it can turn into a vicious cycle. Also, long distance relationships in general are just hard to deal with, so do yourself a favor and try to meet someone in person first. ( just my opinion...)
    A MaruDashi Creation

Millicent Blanche dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2012 02:13 AM
    Underneath the night sky gazing at the moon and the shining stars sitting in a cliff above the ocean
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i thikn it depends upon your intereaction with each other.
    But,to be honest,it is never really that good,especially with the fact that you wouldn't know that much of the person online.
    Sets made by Mira Kaiba!!!^^

An exchange for a little bit of happiness is a life shattering pain. Bend if you must not break.

Member I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2008 07:01 PM
    Threads

Cool ^^

Quote Originally Posted by -akichan- View Post
    I remember i started this topic two years ago, i can't believe that this has became a popular topic =]

Personally, i don't care about online dating is wrong or not, i know that i'm not doing it.

Online dating is an experience that tells you that this ain't going to work out right, because you can't really see the other side of the person. However, 1 out of 10 online dating worked out right.

I personally don't suggest online dating but i'm not saying this is wrong or not, but it just wouldn't lead to the good result as you expected.

Go head and go for it, but one thing i would ALWAYS say: Do not regret afterward.
    Wow you did start it two years ago?Thats amazing!lol i did'n know it would be this active eighther but i love the opinion so yea!I have alway ben one to like what other people have to say!.
    Are you a fan?P.S. I made the pic. If you want one just pm me!

Senior Member Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2008 12:26 AM
    Threads

It never works out, different states, long distance, the most you can get out of it is talking on the phone, I speak from experience, I've been with a certain girl for about 2 Years, her parents found out, and because of that, she left me, there is no such thing as love in internet relationships, just merely text. This is my opinion.

"I'm done with what you call Emotion. . ."

"There is no good nor evil. But thinking makes it so."

Senior Member Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2010 06:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Online dating has got to be the worst in my opinion.
    To me, it means that you can't find love in real life, and they're desperate, or they wanted MORE.... you know... >>;
    End of discussion for me.

[[ ~Missing the old アンティック-珈琲店~ ]]

Member I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14 has much to be proud of I LOVE gaara14's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

nice opinions!!

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Online dating has got to be the worst in my opinion.
    To me, it means that you can't find love in real life, and they're desperate, or they wanted MORE.... you know... >>;
    End of discussion for me.
    Wow. Nice to hear you would consider me desperate or unable to find someone in "real life" simply because I connected with someone who happened to live far away. I married him, so what does that make me? Even more desperate? Wow.
    Last edited by Fabala; 10-05-2007 at 09:41 PM.

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I LOVE gaara14 Stop posting "nice opinions" its spam and I will not only close the thread, but remove those posts from you.
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 05:50 PM
    Threads

I should probably throw in my two cents, as well.

It really is all the same story. I've known someone from this forum (back when it used to be Tux) for a long time. I left for a couple of years, he was still here, blah blah mush mush you get the picture. I don't mean to degrade my own and everyone else's relationship, but it's been said.

We're meeting in a month after 2 years of dating, and we'll see how it turns out from there. I don't expect him to be a different person than the person I know him to be, but I'm not going to let that blind me from seeing something that may be wrong, if that ends up being the case.

I consider myself to be in love with him, but I believe actually meeting him will give it a better sense of finality and make it more concrete.

Some day, you'll dine on a solid snake.

Senior Member Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2023 01:02 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Fabala View Post
    You know, I used to think much the same way, but somehow or another I did find myself falling in love with SGI before we were able to actually meet in person. I often wonder if that would have happened if not for finding ways to express ourselves outside of email and IMs. We took pictures, sent letters/packages, talked on the phone whenever possible and...I don't know, it just happened. Of course, I was nervous when we met face-to-face because while the love was there, there was no way of knowing if the physical attraction would be without actually meeting.

But, luckily for us, it was, and now we're married ^_^

I do think we're a bit of an unusual case, though, especially as we were not able to meet in person for several years after first meeting online. Over 3 years, in fact.
    bwhaha, congrats..

well you didn't even invite me to the wedding, I could have been the priest dude

as for online dating.. heck if it worked for Reiako.. then you know with alot of effort it just might be.. in her case she made an impossible long distance come true but which most never happen even when they're in the same country.

as for me.. I'm through with dames for now.. nuffin but trouble

unless of course Minako asked me to take her out to dinner or something
    Last edited by Karel; 10-06-2007 at 09:57 AM.

Member Bubble_gum has a reputation beyond repute Bubble_gum has a reputation beyond repute Bubble_gum has a reputation beyond repute Bubble_gum has a reputation beyond repute Bubble_gum has a reputation beyond repute Bubble_gum has a reputation beyond repute Bubble_gum has a reputation beyond repute Bubble_gum has a reputation beyond repute Bubble_gum has a reputation beyond repute Bubble_gum has a reputation beyond repute Bubble_gum has a reputation beyond repute Bubble_gum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2008 03:12 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Minako View Post
    How do you truly know someones personality ONLINE? you can't. Being in person with someone seeing their face, their reactions, their expressions, and the way they act on a day to day is who they are. Not whatever persona they attempt to portray online. While the internet can introduce you to someone online, you have to know them face to face for it to be love. Can it lead to love, yeah, but only when you make the decision to actually get to know the other person and spend lots and lots of face time with them. Other than that its an infatuation.
    i agree 100% with this statement. bcuz i no this kid who goes to my school and he's a total jerk (he's on my yahoo, well he was) but when we talked on yahoo he didn't seem half bad. knowing someone over the internet is very different compared to knowing someone in real life.

Today you are you. That is truer than true, there is no one alive who is youer than you. -Dr.Suess

The Silent Assasin xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2009 03:01 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Malice

Internet dating can be bad for some reasons. But regardless i personally believe internet dating has its advantages, My current girlfriend was a girl i met online but now we are dating IRL. So there are ups and downs to it.

*ASSASINS CREED FAN*
    RIP Legend_S You'll Be With Us Forever
    Family In Blog

Why would you read this...?.....For shame....What were you thinking was in this...? Oo.....Gold?....Power?.....Cookies?.....Close but no cigar....If you're reading this PM me w/ the title 'I read it'......And just so we're clear.....SHAME!!!!!!

Shameful PM's: 10

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wow. Nice to hear you would consider me desperate or unable to find someone in "real life" simply because I connected with someone who happened to live far away. I married him, so what does that make me? Even more desperate? Wow.
    Your right. I also dont think dating someone on the internet is being desperate.So i dont think your desperate^^

Senior Member Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2010 12:41 PM
    Threads

Online dating is possible, but there are dangerous risks you take. Not that I'm saying that you'll find a perverted liar on AF, but you can never be too sure. Again, it's possible, and whoever is currently online dating, I wish you all the best. =D

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Minako View Post
    I LOVE gaara14 Stop posting "nice opinions" its spam and I will not only close the thread, but remove those posts from you.
    Yes M'am
    P.S. I am not trying to be smart I will try not to spam if i do inform me also if i do i am so sorry

Junior Member Casper Lockhart has a reputation beyond repute Casper Lockhart has a reputation beyond repute Casper Lockhart has a reputation beyond repute Casper Lockhart has a reputation beyond repute Casper Lockhart has a reputation beyond repute Casper Lockhart has a reputation beyond repute Casper Lockhart has a reputation beyond repute Casper Lockhart has a reputation beyond repute Casper Lockhart has a reputation beyond repute Casper Lockhart has a reputation beyond repute Casper Lockhart has a reputation beyond repute Casper Lockhart's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2007 08:17 PM
    Threads

I believe in destiny! Every couple goes through their own events and love story. Love can be found on the internet for some people, for others it can lead to love. Not being able to see your lover in person or not being able to hear them, see them, etc. that problem is getting better due to new technology such as the webcam, micrphones/headsets, and all the other devices. It may not be as great as seeing them in person, but until you can see them, it's bearable and better than just typed words.
    Anime Rules!

Member Stryyder will become famous soon enough Stryyder will become famous soon enough Stryyder's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2007 08:43 PM
    Threads

It depends. I met my wife online. We both were on an anime forum (won't disclose for advertising rules) and started talking more to each other on IM after a while. After a year of IM, Webcam, and Microphone chat (hard to fake that stuff, lol) we met in person. We kept a long distance relationship going for another year, visiting back and forth, then I moved to where she lived (from FL to CA). 17 months later we got married (that was this past feb.). We weren't looking for a relationship, it just kind of developed. Really, I'd just suggest caution. Don't assume anything and always think things through. However current statistics show that 8 out of 20 married couples nowadays met online. It's really the new "Singles bar".
    Baka Ranger Family
    Obi-Raw - Baka Pink

Stryyder - Baka Yellow
    sakura-chan_ - Baka Red
    baka_black - Baka Black duh
    gaara-of-the-sand8 - BakaBlue

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Casper Lockhart View Post
    I believe in destiny! Every couple goes through their own events and love story. Love can be found on the internet for some people, for others it can lead to love. Not being able to see your lover in person or not being able to hear them, see them, etc. that problem is getting better due to new technology such as the webcam, micrphones/headsets, and all the other devices. It may not be as great as seeing them in person, but until you can see them, it's bearable and better than just typed words.
    I totally agree i beleive in destinys but you also hve to follow it.I mean yes you can find love online but not always does it work i would caustion it also i mean the cyber world is full of well i dont want to say there names so (the sick minded people)I currently have a bf online but i think of breaking up with him I mean i am only 13 i cant go meet him!So yea^^

Senior Member Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2010 06:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

M'kay. Thanks for narrowing it down for me since I didn't do so... yesterday?

There are [what I think] different kinds of, well, "love" online. For you, it maybe that you got to know each other nicely and then confess.
    Dating sites... well... not so much. I never been into one, so I wouldn't know how it goes. I'm not going to discuss those.

"I WANT A BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND!"
    Those out of the blue kind of sayings. That is what I mean by desperate. It's just a text pop out of no where kind of thing. They are mainly 13 and below/teens. [Don't hate me. I've just seen a lot of those pop up date text in a community site. Maybe I just... you know...].

These are just my opinions. I know I typed, "End of discussion for me." somewhere in the post above, but I didn't want to start a war.
    Any complaints, PM me. ><

I am truly sorry that I didn't take my time to explain things further down on my opinion, Fabala.
    Last edited by Sakura Holic; 10-06-2007 at 09:47 PM. Reason: spelling

[[ ~Missing the old アンティック-珈琲店~ ]]

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay well i guess it doesnt matter wich way you go you are bound to find love somewere!

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

I say do what you want, but don't get too deep in an online relationship. A friend of mine recently found out a "boy" she was involved with online was some girl who created a whole 'nother personality. I don't want that happening to anyone else.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    I say do what you want, but don't get too deep in an online relationship. A friend of mine recently found out a "boy" she was involved with online was some girl who created a whole 'nother personality. I don't want that happening to anyone else.

So true!!!

My love has come. Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2010 10:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2370 0071 2517 5181

I dont totally like them but, if you find somone you like online why not try for it. You might accually get somthing out of it.

Funny how? Funny like a clown? Do I amuse you?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_86 View Post
    I dont totally like them but, if you find somone you like online why not try for it. You might accually get somthing out of it.
    Um ari watch wht you say i dated someone online^^
    ttyl in chat or something!!

Closed Thread

Thread Information