AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: What Makes a Game Great?

Ich hab flotten Otto PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2008 08:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default What Makes a Game Great?

the question here is.. what makes a game great? is it the nonstop, mindblowing action? the storyline? the 12X anti-aliasing beauty?...

Personally I like a bit of everything, whith nothing overdone..

....did that soud corny to you too?

The Silent Assasin xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2009 03:01 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Malice

Graphics And Gameplay Make A Game Great.

*ASSASINS CREED FAN*
    RIP Legend_S You'll Be With Us Forever
    Family In Blog

Why would you read this...?.....For shame....What were you thinking was in this...? Oo.....Gold?....Power?.....Cookies?.....Close but no cigar....If you're reading this PM me w/ the title 'I read it'......And just so we're clear.....SHAME!!!!!!

Shameful PM's: 10

Fallen Soldier from Hell Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2008 08:40 AM
    Threads

controls, story, graphics, or actor doing the voices of a certain character
    music too like you said a bit of everything makes a game good
    nah it didnt sound that corny...i've heard worse
    Are you Experienced?

The Silent Assasin xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2009 03:01 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Malice

XD Worse?

Dude you dont have the actor voices on every game, Hell look at "The Sims" they just talk gibberish Rofl. But the part about the storyline, thats true and the controls HAVE TO be easy to use for SOME people lmao.

*ASSASINS CREED FAN*
    RIP Legend_S You'll Be With Us Forever
    Family In Blog

Why would you read this...?.....For shame....What were you thinking was in this...? Oo.....Gold?....Power?.....Cookies?.....Close but no cigar....If you're reading this PM me w/ the title 'I read it'......And just so we're clear.....SHAME!!!!!!

Shameful PM's: 10

Senior Member Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2008 10:54 AM
    Threads

Story, Music and replay-value. that's whats make a really good game
    (like tales of symphonia and zelda) XD

I like my sig, thank you Jagan Eye ^^

Member VardomTheDark has much to be proud of VardomTheDark has much to be proud of VardomTheDark has much to be proud of VardomTheDark has much to be proud of VardomTheDark has much to be proud of VardomTheDark has much to be proud of VardomTheDark has much to be proud of VardomTheDark has much to be proud of VardomTheDark has much to be proud of VardomTheDark has much to be proud of VardomTheDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2008 01:53 AM
    Threads

The story has to be good or i will get bored. I like good graphics but if the game has me hooked they wont bother me. Of course it has to have action but i think there always needs to be puzzles to solve.
    "Death is Only the Beginning, for Death Serves a Greater Purpose."
    by VardomtheDark.

Ich hab flotten Otto PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2008 08:54 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by VardomTheDark View Post
    The story has to be good or i will get bored. I like good graphics but if the game has me hooked they wont bother me. Of course it has to have action but i think there always needs to be puzzles to solve.

hmmm... sounds like half-life2.. no?

Junior Member ultimarogue is on a distinguished road ultimarogue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2007 10:44 PM
    Threads

What does make a video game great is it the graphics or maybe the bameplay or is it simply that it gets us away from reality..... NAH its the game play
    if you are at the end it means you failed in the beggining.

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Really gameplay, alot of games I have played had bad or just ok graphics but the gameplay is a blast and it makes a game what it is.Look at mario or sonic, there oldschool looking now but they are so much fun to play that there is no reason to care what they look like.
    -TWM-

Fallen Soldier from Hell Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2008 08:40 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    XD Worse?

Dude you dont have the actor voices on every game, Hell look at "The Sims" they just talk gibberish
    I uh ment certain games...you know like grand theft auto and other games like that where you hear sorta famous people doing the voices of characters :P
    Are you Experienced?

Senior Member Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith has a reputation beyond repute Almirith's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2009 12:02 PM
    Threads

Graphics, Sound, Control, replay value, Gameplay

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2010 08:18 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Depends on the game type. For example, if I play an RPG, I expect it to have a good storyline, perhaps some voice acting, a great script, and some method of leveling up your character and getting new skills. I also generally expect party-based combat (which is why I find games like Morrowind disappointing and didn't even bother trying Children of Mana). On the other hand, if I play a strategy game, I expect little-to-no storyline, but I expect tight balance and to be able to really think about my moves and use strategy (yeah, I know to say "strategy game" = "uses strategy" is kinda dumb, but still...). If I play an FPS, I expect good collision detection and some element of strategy to be involved.
    日本語をならっている。 まちがえれば、おねがい知らせてください~!

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphrased from LavaBug
    I remember that day 'cause it's Sailor Mercury's birthday...or is it my mom's?

Toujours Pur BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2024 11:42 PM
    Threads

When it comes that you must use your knowledge & strategy.It makes the game more enteresting!. But survival games & horror games are very enteresting for me too! like Silent Hill,Clock Tower, & Resident Evil. I just love it! & while the monster is after me my heart bitting faster & I like it!lol

Red Order High Preist Mir Black is a name known to all Mir Black is a name known to all Mir Black is a name known to all Mir Black is a name known to all Mir Black is a name known to all Mir Black is a name known to all Mir Black's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2008 04:59 PM
    Threads

What makes a great game is ultimately I think gameplay. 'cause some of the best games I played have been rated terrible on graphics but still hold up a solid game. Judge Dredd: Dredd Vs Death, got a 5/10 and was rated poor graphics, but I really enjoyed that game. So even then, gameplay preferences change from person to person. On the other hand you get such games as Oblivion, Mario, MGS, Silent Hill, these are games of their genre which are universially great games in most people opinions, but it is hard to say what really makes them great.

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

For me, a great storyline, and great gameplay. In certain games, storyline doesn't count, such as Sword of the Samurai for example, where there's pretty much no storyline. Graphics don't really matter much, I can enjoy a game just fine as long as the other two elements are at decent levels.

Replayability also plays a part. If I really enjoy a game, and have a reason to play it again (multiple endings, extra storylines, other ways to play the game, etc), I tend to enjoy it more.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Graphics and genre first. And then the controls and music. Lastly I'll look at the main character's personality. The game that I stop playing because of a sucky personality is .Hack//GU. Sorry to people that likes Haseo. I've played .Hack and I like Kite. But I don't like Haseo and Atoli. I'll consider playing it later.

The Character Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 10:12 PM
    Threads

Appeal. If it jumps out at you and gets you hooked, then all that matters is if you like it. Screw that other stuff. Those are just bonuses.

The Blue Fighter The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2014 03:13 AM
    Im living in this world half dead half alive finding myself.....
    Threads

I like a little of action adventure and some strategy involved...Other than that nothing...

Senior Member Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2010 12:17 PM
    Threads

For me a truly, utterly great game usually needs to invoke some sort of sentimental feeling with me when I think about it, which usually means I grew attached to it. In which case it involves everything, depending on the genre all of the following apply, but maybe some of these things are more important in say in RPG and in a FPS, and so on.

Story
    Characters and/or enemies
    Sound and music
    Fun factor
    ect. ect.

Senior Member Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm not a huge gamer, so this is strictly for me:

- Replay value
    - Graphics and style
    - Community (if applicable)

I didn't say gameplay, not because I'm an idiot, but because I play RPGs a lot with friends, and they often have really monotonous gameplay. This is from "free" ones anyway (not counting those special cash shop items they all tend to have), but it's more of a creative way to have fun with friends.

If the community is great, and the missions are relatively interesting enough to be done over and over, I'm satisfied. Graphics and style are somewhat important. I want a game that's simple, clean, colorful and has charm.

On the other hand I also love beat games, which I can play alone, but constantly replay without ever getting bored (each song pack is like a sequel). And it's great at parties xD

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2009 05:30 PM
    Threads

Well for me, what makes a game great is it easy to use controls. The graphics, story line,and nice looking charactors.

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

Well,for me it's when you need to use your brain to finish the game,since I love challenges...
    But what I appreciate the most is awesome storyline that comes along in 80% of older RPG games...
    I don't care if the gfx is bad,as long as the storyline is good...
    And if you mus use your brain to beat it,and you can mix everything,and get on whole new level...that's just awesome...
    That's the very reason why I prefer playing older games,such as Chrono Trigger,Chrono Cross,FF series (till IX),Tales of ... series etc.
    Actually,my current game obsession is Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age,that game is REALLY hard to beat,for you must use your brain to the maximum potential,and it does have trully awesome storyline,along with first part of the game...
    That's for RPG games,as for Fighting games (yes,these are only 2 genres I play),beauty of moves and gameplay...nothing more...
    Game obsession: Guilty Gear series...
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Closed Thread

Thread Information