AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Pochi's Art Dump

Junior Member Pochi is a jewel in the rough Pochi is a jewel in the rough Pochi is a jewel in the rough Pochi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2007 06:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Pochi's Art Dump

Hi! Uh....I'll introduce myself.

I'm...
    1)15
    2) in 11th grade
    3) prone to bouts of self-criticism [lol like everyone else]
    4) a big fan of surrealism!

Recent image
    Last edited by FlashD; 09-21-2007 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Advertising

Taiga ga suki da. KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2010 12:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Now that is just awesome.haha. Really talented and you say you're 15? Oh boy, I wonder how better you'll be when you get to my age.lol. Nicely done. Since it's surrealism, can't really criticise about anything. I'm just gonna say, keep it up.^^

バン!バン!
    ---

|

---
    [sketches] | [sig thread]

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Wow that's really impressive, I usually don't like surreal art but that's just...wow.

How long did that take you to do?

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Senior Member Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2008 02:22 PM
    Threads

Another many-talented artist. XP
    Geezes...you're so like kidchan...
    I mean, the styles are a bit like hers; much complicated drawings, and in a very detailed way. Also the way you use tablet? (is that tablet?) to colour.
    Yeah, you remind me of her...

Great work. Hope to see more of your works. ^_^

PS. I see jaggedness of the outlines... ¬_¬
    Last edited by Key; 09-21-2007 at 04:11 AM.
    Me? I'm a wallpaper critique...

Minitokyo ll ComicFiesta ll KAMCAO

::
    Cosplay Plan::
    - Ise Nanao
    - Yubari Gogo

Junior Member Pochi is a jewel in the rough Pochi is a jewel in the rough Pochi is a jewel in the rough Pochi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Original renders in case anyone is interested? o_o

baka: I'm not improving as quickly as I want to though. D;

Mini: Uh...I'm not really sure. I finished it in one day? It's really messy, if I tried to clean up the lines it probably would've taken much longer. But I hate cleaning up my lines. >_>

Key; Haha I used to adore Kidchan so much when I was 13-ish but I'm over that phase. She is amazing though. Personally I don't think this picture is that detailed o_o Yeah, I use a tablet. Most of my pictures are a lot more brightly coloured though. Ahaha.

Photoshop tends to make edges rough when you select something with the lasso and fill in the shape. I'm still not sure how to remedy that.
    Last edited by FlashD; 09-24-2007 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Signatures and Avatars go in the Signature and Avatars forum!!

Taiga ga suki da. KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2010 12:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You'll want to zoom in really close then follow the outline to make the edges smooth. That's how I do my extractions and it should work just as well with your art. Very time consuming though.^^' Forgot to add, you could use the pen tool to select the edge then make sure anti-alias is selected when you make the outline. That'll take care of the blocky parts I think.

Sigs are awesome. first one no complaints though maybe you could put in more text to fill in the empty space? And what's up with the hentai thing?^^'

For the second one, I think you did too much with the character. She's like over exposed or something.^^ That's about it. Still some really great sigs. Keep it up.
    Last edited by KuroTan; 09-23-2007 at 12:52 PM.

バン!バン!
    ---

|

---
    [sketches] | [sig thread]

Senior Member Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lols, agreed with baka_black. Kinda weird to put 'hentai' on the sig. Well, to me... ^^;

Nice rendering, though I'm not really good in judging siggys. XP

Hmm...maybe try using geometrical tools. That might work. But, it'll fill in the shapes... O_o;

Ah, yes, again, good work. ^^
    Last edited by Key; 09-23-2007 at 12:49 PM.

- Ise Nanao
    - Yubari Gogo

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh! My friend's username on a forum is Hentai. Ahaha I asked him what he wanted to put on the sig and he said "Catgirl + <3 Hentai!"

overkill. .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2012 05:40 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

For your first drawing, care to go into depth on the technique and programs you used?

The drawing seems a bit too advanced for a 15 year old..
    && all the world's a stage
    i existed because i dreamed it;
    i dreamed the world...//

KISEKISTUDIOS | YINGYANGANIME | DEVIANTART | TUMBLR
    [i made the gfx.]

"Gotta Love Me" Jamie5192 has a reputation beyond repute Jamie5192 has a reputation beyond repute Jamie5192 has a reputation beyond repute Jamie5192 has a reputation beyond repute Jamie5192 has a reputation beyond repute Jamie5192 has a reputation beyond repute Jamie5192 has a reputation beyond repute Jamie5192 has a reputation beyond repute Jamie5192 has a reputation beyond repute Jamie5192 has a reputation beyond repute Jamie5192 has a reputation beyond repute Jamie5192's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2010 06:50 PM
    Threads

ooo.. i like^-^ These are good^-^ i like them! Do you have more that we can see? I'd love to see more if i could^-^
    "Sometimes I wonder if you remember when I loved you"
    "And sometimes.. I wonder why it's you.. whom I still run to"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Mia- I don't really know what you mean by in depth but I'll tell you my basic steps, and then you can ask me about the smaller details if you want?

You can also go through my deviantart gallery. [REMOVED] to check how I've progressed since I was 13

1. I draw the lines in SAI, most people clean up their lines but I'm really lazy so I leave it in sketch form, that's why my drawings have a slightly messy feel to it. Some people like it, but I wish I could draw nice clean lines.

2. I copy and paste the lineart layer into Photoshop

3. Using the lasso tool I select and fill in the clouds/hair/skin...etc with the colours selected. This picture is a bit different from my normal style because I used more solid lines and solid colouring. Normally I play with low opacity, but in this picture I used 100&#37; opacity.

4. I don't know how to explain the flower process very well...basically I selected, than did inverse and ctrl+x with a texture layer on top. It didn't work really well and I did a very messy job. I think I should've filled the petals in with white instead.

5. I used a "lace" brush for the little designs. I don't remember who I got it from so I don't know who to give credit to. DX

6. I set a layer on overlay on top of all the other layers and highlight with red. I often do this to add some more contrast.

7. Font+background...not much to explain. o_o

7. I flatten the image, then set another layer on top to soft light, use gaussian blur...and voila!

I know I'm kind of "advanced" for someone my age and people tell me that a lot, but no one has actually ever questioned my age. XD

Jamie; Oh, my gallery is at [REMOVED]
    comic : [REMOVED]
    Last edited by FlashD; 09-27-2007 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Linking to other sites is not allowed

Junior Member ajr22222 will become famous soon enough ajr22222's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2007 05:45 AM
    Threads

Those are amazing have you ever thought of making a complete manga?
    BELIEVE IT!

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Looking through your DA, I have to say, your work is amazing. I do like the sketchy look, which is how much stuff usally comes out.

Though I have to ask, how do you get such a wonderful watercolor effect? I think if you did a PS coloring tut, its be really popular [pwease?]

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lols...she's (eh...you're a girl, right?...) using tablet to colour. The program depends on what you have in your computer. Some uses Corel Paint, or Paint Shop Pro, or the most popular, Adobe Photoshop.

It's quite long hours to finish colouring. But if you're good and advance, it should be quite easy for them to finish off in less hours. One should know how to contrast/blend the colour to get the results.

But, I'm not the one to say this. Of course I like how they uses tablet to colour/paint. So, I can't judge how good/bad they are.

If you know kidchan, she's good in using tablet for watercolour.

PS. Age don't matter. The only thing is how good you use the tablet to colour.
    Last edited by Key; 09-28-2007 at 06:32 AM.

- Ise Nanao
    - Yubari Gogo

Millicent Blanche dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2012 02:13 AM
    Underneath the night sky gazing at the moon and the shining stars sitting in a cliff above the ocean
    Threads
    Blog Entries

love the first one very much!!!
    you sure are good,the image seems to be perfect and its texture is quite noticeable.
    keep it up!!!
    Sets made by Mira Kaiba!!!^^

An exchange for a little bit of happiness is a life shattering pain. Bend if you must not break.

Senior Member Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2010 12:17 PM
    Threads

Your work is outstanding, great job. I wish I had kept on doing art, I was superior as a child but stopped because I got bored with it. You get an A sir!

Closed Thread

Thread Information