AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Real Life Evangelion Movie!

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DANtheDINOSAUR View Post
    Now this is something I've picked up a while ago when first hearing of this, but I read somewhere Robin Williams took interest in the role of Gendo and honestly, give him the glasses, some stubble and lower the tone of his voice and I could see it.
    Actually, that would be extremely awesome. Robin Williams is a horrible comic, but he's great at playing creepy, completely focused, yet somehow fragile people.

Anyone doubting this should watch One Hour Photo* or Insomnia.

*Some Super Eva Nerds might be happy to know that an Evangelion action-figure is prominently featured in this movie. Apparently, the director has a love for NGE.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Junior Member DANtheDINOSAUR is on a distinguished road DANtheDINOSAUR's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2008 01:10 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post

*Some Super Eva Nerds might be happy to know that an Evangelion action-figure is prominently featured in this movie. Apparently, the director has a love for NGE.
    That same action-figure is in Micheal Clayton in his son's room. Haven't seen the movie though.

Senior Member blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2014 01:53 PM
    I live some where in Michigan and thats all Im telling
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    Actually, that would be extremely awesome. Robin Williams is a horrible comic, but he's great at playing creepy, completely focused, yet somehow fragile people.

Anyone doubting this should watch One Hour Photo* or Insomnia.

Robin William huh? well doesnt sound so bad now, I love his movies

Member Sickness is an unknown quantity at this point Sickness's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2009 04:03 PM
    Threads

Yes RW will do great job, I bet. I hope they pick such actors that know to bring the plot out.
    I have huge feeling that movie will suck because they want to Westernize it, and yes I'm against it. It should remain the same as original, the more they change it the worse.

Senior Member Lando has a reputation beyond repute Lando has a reputation beyond repute Lando has a reputation beyond repute Lando has a reputation beyond repute Lando has a reputation beyond repute Lando has a reputation beyond repute Lando has a reputation beyond repute Lando has a reputation beyond repute Lando has a reputation beyond repute Lando has a reputation beyond repute Lando has a reputation beyond repute Lando's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2008 07:22 PM
    Threads

Arrow

If an Evangelion movie ever comes out, I just hope they pick a relay good actress for Rei and Asuka ... I'm not on the mood for a happy Rei an a joyful Asuka ....

Junior Member Ultrigo is on a distinguished road Ultrigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2008 12:12 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by shane the ninja View Post
    Okay i was watching random videos on youtbe and came across the guys that made lord of the rings series of movies talking about how they was working on the Neon genesis evangelion movie, so it got me thinking was it real i did some digging they have some sort of trailer for it. This trailer got me think9ing who would you have play the character of Asuka in the live action Movie.
    Are they going to make a live action Evangelion movie? Well, they were. It keeps being put on hold for other projects like the Chronicles of Narnia. They still need to get the funds to do the job and I think they also have yet to find a director. In the mean time, here's some conceptual art that Weta Workshop made:
    Last edited by Ultrigo; 07-21-2008 at 04:29 PM.
    "If nothing was weird, everything would be boring."

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 10:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Okay, I know some live-action movies based on comics have gone a little sour (and believe me, this is an understatement) but I personally do not expect the live-action Evangelion movie (or movies) to do as bad as the rest of you say. One advantage that this movie has is that Gainax (you know, the people who CREATED Evangelion in the first place?!) and ADV Films (who releases Evangelion to all outside Japan) are making the movie. Its not like the movie is going to be made by people who have not seen the series and who do not understand the fan base behind it. In fact, the movie is going to be made by the people who created the series and helped bring the series to us!!

Believe me, neither Gainax nor ADV wants to see this series get the same treatment that other comic-based live-action movies have gone through. As such, the names of the characters are not likely to change. The rumor alone caused outroar. I don't think Gainax and ADV would change the names after that unless there was gun held to their head!

Also, the entire series of Evangelion is not going to be put into one movie. This movie is only going to cover the first few episodes of Evangelion (from concept art, we can expect Ramiel, the fifth Angel, to be in the movie). Gainax actually wants sequels (since Weta Digital is involved in the movie, I would not be surprised if there are three or more Evangelion movies). However, at the same time, they want the movies to able to stand by themselves. They want you to say, "That was a good movie!" and then "Oh, there's more!" rather than "Oh great, now I have to wait six months to see what happens (and I quoted all this from Anime Insider).

And the whole "Daniel Radcliffe as Shinji" thing? That whole rumor was caused by Anime Insider because of a casting call they did....over 4 years ago (I am not surprised that Tiffany Grant would remember this; she would definitely want to see who would play her character!). I even have the issue that had the casting call in it!! Here are a few of the characters they casted (they did all of the main ones) and the reasons they gave for casting them:
    Shiji Ikari: Daniel Radcliffe, because, at the time, he and Shinji were the same age and because of the treatment Harry Potter faces in the movies from his own family.
    Asuka Langley Soryu: Hillary Duff, because of her "large and in charge" attitude that matches Asuka and the energy to back it up.
    Rei Ayanami: Chiaki Kuriyama, because of her role of Go-Go Yubari (in Kill Bill) who was also emotionally deprived.
    Kaworu Nagisa: Haley Joel Osment, because of his androgynous features and mannerisms.
    Misato Katsuragi: Natalie Imbrugalia, because of her "wild streak" and her experience playing serious roles.
    Ryoji Kaji: Colin Farrell, because of his good looks and attraction to the opposite sex.
    Ritsuko Akagi: Gwyneth Paltrow, because of her looks, her versatility, and her ability (and experience) playing cool intellectual characters.
    Gendo Ikari: Hugo Weaving, because of his demanding voice, his unnerving stare, and his experience playing a character who demands obedience (I honestly think that this was their best choice in casting among all of the characters!).

Casting has not been done yet (some celebrities have expressed interest in the movie but no one has been selected yet) . In fact, the Evangelion movie, as of July 2008, is considered to be in "development hell" (meaning that it has not moved past pre-production for many years and is still not making progress). Since 2003, when the movie was announced, they have only made concept art for the movie and have thought about possible producers and directors....that's it. They have only raised about half of the money that they need for the movie (they need between $100 and $120 million!!). The trailers you have seen on YouTube are fake and were made by a fan. They were very good but still fake.
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 07-23-2008 at 11:08 PM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Junior Member Ultrigo is on a distinguished road Ultrigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2008 12:12 AM
    Threads

Yeah. I suppose I would have to agree. He certainly demonstrated his powerful acting in Good Will Hunting. It even won him an Oscar.
    "If nothing was weird, everything would be boring."

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information