AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Real Life Evangelion Movie!

tuxedo mask shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 08:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Real Life Evangelion Movie!

Okay i was watching random videos on youtbe and came across the guys that made lord of the rings series of movies talking about how they was working on the Neon genesis evangelion movie, so it got me thinking was it real i did some digging they have some sort of trailer for it. This trailer got me think9ing who would you have play the character of Asuka in the live action Movie.
    Destined to be alone for ever.

Member Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-10-2007 11:15 AM
    Threads

Truthfully, I have no clue who I would have play even any of the characters, well that is of actors I know, but I do know, if I could choose anyone, who I would choose for Asuka, and that would be my friend Joyce. She looks similar to her, and I swear to *** that she is so much like her. She also is her favorite character, and she also hates Ray, though Ray is my favorite. There is no denying the idea in my head of her playing the part.

Oh, by the way, as far as the movie goes, are you asking for like, the ages in the anime, or would we be modifying it, because it wouldn’t end up being a good movie if we kept the same ages, because no movie maker would make it anything but a kid type movie. We would have to make them at least 3 years older.

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 04:34 PM
    Threads

I would expect that a film maker would either go for the teens rating - as per spidyman 2 - or move up to around a 15 even though some content of the anime would get it boosted to and adult (any naked scene). At the end of the day they want to make money with a mech film - so after the success of transformers they will want to get the same audience back again. Sorry to disapoint but I think were looking at a transformers rating.

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

Member Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    I would expect that a film maker would either go for the teens rating - as per spidyman 2 - or move up to around a 15 even though some content of the anime would get it boosted to and adult (any naked scene). At the end of the day they want to make money with a mech film - so after the success of transformers they will want to get the same audience back again. Sorry to disapoint but I think were looking at a transformers rating.
    I agree with you, and also, like i said, in that, the kids are older than they are in any of the transformers cartoons.

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The actors might be, but I suspect that the filmers might try and keep them younger - remember the success with harry potter. However I think it depends on thier angle with the film - if it is a recreation of neon genesis then the ages should be about the same; however if they want to use a more adult theme then they might make the ages older to avoid bad publicity.

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

tuxedo mask shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I could have sworn i posted about evangelion not transformers so why the hell keep the transformers stuff up?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

On topic - considering that you say that the film is being produced by the LOTR group and that the film should (in theory) involve younger actors for some lead roles chances are that we will get a bunch of new generatin actors. Now there's nothing wrong in this provided that they select the actors well - i.e. no Harry potter (the main character) class actors.

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Aquarius Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't see this going very well. I think NGE was genius in its entirety and that attempting a live-action film is bound to go bad. I mean it's an anime. It was created as a cartoon because the crap couldn't be conveyed the same way or as easily if they made a live-action series, much less a movie.

One thing that will for sure happen, which will simply anger fans [such as myself] is that in a one and a half to 2 or 3 hour movie, they couldn't possibly hope to fit in all of the story and they're bound to strip away things that people would prefer kept in. Then judging by the work of every movie ever based on any book or comic they're bound to throw in useless unneccessary crap to fill in gaps left by the things they chose to exclude, which will make people angrier.

Although I'd be interested in seeing how it turns out, I'm positive that it'll be a let down. And I don't even want to think about possible actors. Besides, I think they've put out just about enough new crap for NGE. The only thing that should be even considered when regarding NGE is maybe a remake of the series. By that I mean upgrading the animation and improving various aspects that have nothing to do with a new story.

NGE is great. It should be left as it is.

love
    dani
    dude
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think that if they do make a movie, that it should be basically like a series, the first movie goes through the like first few eps, and so on and so forth.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well I think it will be a single film. I say this because - one thread down - there is the development of four new animated movies by the neon genesis productino group. Now consider trying to market two film series at the same time - well its never been done before. Thus I think the live action film will try and condence the whole story into a single film.

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

but placing the entire nge story into a single film would be virtusally impposible

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shane the ninja View Post
    but placing the entire nge story into a single film would be virtusally impposible
    Exactly. This is why I'm not too thrilled about it being made into a movie; they're going to leave vital parts of the story out and it's just going to end up being a huge disappointment.

love
    dani
    dude

Senior Member _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Sushi Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 01:53 PM
    Threads

Actually, they did this project way back at the year 2000. I heard that Daniel Redcliff (how do you spell his last name?) will be one of the ppl auditioned.
    Used to be known as cool_tria_anime.

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 08:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

Yeah but he's too old now. He was only thought of as an option because he was young enough at the time.

There are a few changes made for the NGE remake thats coming out so I'd say they'd need to wait another 4-5 years before they start production for the live action films. By that time they'll need to find young, new actors that are like 8/9 years old right now.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 12:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I heard about this a bajillion years ago, and I preached then what I preach now: Cautious Optimism, until enough information becomes available to form a better opinion. People (especially Nerds) always say =whatever= will never work as a movie, but sometimes it does anyway- The LoTRs, X-Men and Spiderman’s of the world.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    I heard about this a bajillion years ago, and I preached then what I preach now: Cautious Optimism, until enough information becomes available to form a better opinion. People (especially Nerds) always say =whatever= will never work as a movie, but sometimes it does anyway- The LoTRs, X-Men and Spiderman’s of the world.
    First off: Are you calling me a nerd? T_T meanie! nah, j/k, I'll happily take the title cause I am a nerd.

Secondly: I know what you're saying but I don't like being very optimistic because in matters like this I'm bound to be disapointed. Probably because my expectations are too high for anyone to meet or something like that. Besides, this way, if I see it and it's halfway decent I'll actually like it. (Trick of the trade, obviously.) I wasn't saying there was absolutely no hope for it being any good at all; I just don't expect it to live up to my incredible image of NGE. In fact, I hope they prove me wrong.

love
    dani
    dude
    Last edited by Yugure's Goddess; 09-23-2007 at 01:17 AM.

Junior Member Luka2001 is on a distinguished road Luka2001's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2007 11:09 AM
    Threads

I agree with all of you saying that it will be very difficult in making this in all aspects, but i have been wating since i heard it in an Anime Insider along time ago and i will continue to wait till it comes out weighter its 2 months or 20 years.

Member ShinnAsuka is a splendid one to behold ShinnAsuka is a splendid one to behold ShinnAsuka is a splendid one to behold ShinnAsuka is a splendid one to behold ShinnAsuka is a splendid one to behold ShinnAsuka is a splendid one to behold ShinnAsuka is a splendid one to behold ShinnAsuka's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2008 08:13 PM
    Threads

I would like to see an RL Eva movie come out it would be great!
    ShinnAsuka-Not a big fan of Gundam Seed
    but a fan of:

Death Note!!!!!!!!!!!

L

EL SATANED sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Vader Ramen Platypus
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2013 12:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

oh yeah i heard about this along time ago.. i dont remember when but...it was a long time ago... also i remember one of the dudes that is gonna work on the film say that theyre not really going to do anything until CG is more advanced or realistic looking or idk i forgot something along those lines though... so they probably wont start on anything for another ...
    manys of years maybe...
    well i hope it goes into production within the next 3 years at least....
    to make up for that horrible movie called TRANSFORMERS..

Member Republic has a spectacular aura about Republic has a spectacular aura about Republic has a spectacular aura about Republic's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2008 01:37 PM
    Threads

I can see it now.... All American cast... Cheesy catch phrases.... Absolutley nothing on the psychological devolpment of the characters... All action.

Junior Member Crucifix- is on a distinguished road Crucifix-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2007 09:16 PM
    Threads

Yeah, I share the belief that there's no possible way that this could turn out properly. I've only seen about 6 episodes of the anime, but I've read the entire manga, which I'll assume is quite similar other than the plot differences, and Toji dying rather than getting crippled, and seen EoE and death/rebirth, and I loved what I saw, so I doubt I'm missing much.

Republic: That's exactly why I don't see this turning out well, it's just going to be fighting, and then I don't think I have it wrong when I say there's going to be a bunch of people who'll see this, and it'll be their first time even hearing of Eva, but then they'll have a completely skewed idea of what the theme of the show is. Like, my theory is that the action is just a plot device to help push along the story, but it's not the actual focus.

also, check out here : http://eva.trivialbeing.net/

It's got all the facts and rumours about said movie
    Last edited by Crucifix-; 12-02-2007 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Added to post.

Member Republic has a spectacular aura about Republic has a spectacular aura about Republic has a spectacular aura about Republic's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifix- View Post
    Yeah, I share the belief that there's no possible way that this could turn out properly. I've only seen about 6 episodes of the anime, but I've read the entire manga, which I'll assume is quite similar other than the plot differences, and Toji dying rather than getting crippled, and seen EoE and death/rebirth, and I loved what I saw, so I doubt I'm missing much.

Republic: That's exactly why I don't see this turning out well, it's just going to be fighting, and then I don't think I have it wrong when I say there's going to be a bunch of people who'll see this, and it'll be their first time even hearing of Eva, but then they'll have a completely skewed idea of what the theme of the show is. Like, my theory is that the action is just a plot device to help push along the story, but it's not the actual focus.

also, check out here : http://eva.trivialbeing.net/

It's got all the facts and rumours about said movie
    My God! Have you looked at the concept art? All the characters look like 20 year old models. They changed Asuka's name to Rose! Couldn't they just call her Osca? Asuka is just the heavily accented version of the german name Osca. They chose the episodes that have the most action and smallest amount of character devolpment to base the movie off of! The horror!

Junior Member Crucifix- is on a distinguished road Crucifix-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2007 09:16 PM
    Threads

Oh, gods, I didn't really look at the site before, I just sent the link, but, It looks horrible! They don't even have a good reason for picking those particular episodes other than. "an episode that showed us the beauty of japanese power and big guns - something ripe for special effects."

I can't see this turning out well.

And as for the "Ray" and "Kate Rose" thing..

-Taken from TrivialBeing wiki:
    "This comes up again and again, and has been adressed partially in the rumors section but I will mention it here also. Concept art with the names "Ray" and "Kate Rose" appeared and there was outroar. In all liklihood these will NOT be the names of the characters in the films, WETA's site describes the concept art with the correct names and Richard Taylor announced in a podcast his dedication to preserving the integrity of and remaining faithful to the original anime. For more details see the rumors page. However it is doubtful that it will be exactly the same... what would be the point in creating a mere replica? Many aspects will be altered simply to present the story in another medium without making it look "out of place" or plain wrong."

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

"The cast will be international, and mostly of European descent. Meaning, for example, if Daniel Radcliffe (Anime Insider's suggestion - NOT mine!) were to play the lead male role, it would be pretty stupid to call an ENGLISH boy Shinji." Unless of course he was PART Japanese, *ahem*
    I hate being right.

"This comes up again and again, and has been adressed partially in the rumors section but I will mention it here also. Concept art with the names "Ray" and "Kate Rose" appeared and there was outroar. In all liklihood these will NOT be the names of the characters in the films, WETA's site describes the concept art with the correct names and Richard Taylor announced in a podcast his dedication to preserving the integrity of and remaining faithful to the original anime. For more details see the rumors page. However it is doubtful that it will be exactly the same... what would be the point in creating a mere replica? Many aspects will be altered simply to present the story in another medium without making it look "out of place" or plain wrong."
    Thats good.... I think.

"an episode that showed us the beauty of japanese power and big guns - something ripe for special effects."
    Hate being right!

I wish they'd make an additional plotline to make this movie out of because they are just going to bastardize the show we love. They left the OVAs hanging in the air why not base the movie off of that? Probably because it isn't appealing to non EVA fans.

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2011 06:13 AM
    Threads

If this goes bad, (which i think it will) there are going to be alot of death threats from diehard fans again, like what happened to Anno.

Im a big fan, but i dont want to kill anyone.
    SMILE!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information