AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seriously, looks or personality?

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 02:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Both. If it was only personality I'd be quite the tramp, considering the crowd I hang out with.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Member izzy14backstabber has a spectacular aura about izzy14backstabber has a spectacular aura about izzy14backstabber's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2007 02:12 AM
    somewhere where all the backstabbers live
    Threads

definitely personality..

what's the use of appearance when u're rude/unfaithful?
    people will think u're hot but once they get to know you, 'goodbye my friend'

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 06:05 PM
    Threads

You do look at looks first,but it just won't work for me...
    Sure,cute looking girl are catching my eyes,but I'm far away from even imagining myself in relationship with them...
    And they usually wear make-up...
    I agree on the term that make-up makes them prettier,but what I think is that every girl is beautiful on her own way...without make-up...
    In terms of shallow attraction,yes,I do look by the looks...
    But before even wishing for relationship,I would get to know her,to see if she has the personality I like...
    I'm the kind of person that's not into looks,I'm into personality...

Imagine this:
    You are walking down the street,and in store,you see some cake that looks brutally delicious!!!
    Now,we're assuming that you're going to buy it and taste it...
    But it just might happen that this cake is awfully bitter and disgusting for you...or just too sweet...

Now,why I said this?
    You can compare it with cute and hot girl...think about it...think about it deeply...

Now,to finish:
    When I look by the way the girl looks,I do that for no true reason...
    When I look for someone I want to be with,I'm looking for an average girl,that is relaxed amongst friends and know how to have fun...
    After that,I get to know her,hoping that she's good as person...
    And after that,we'll be friends for some quite amount of time,to get to know each other,and after that something higher may happen (since I truly believe that you cannot be with someone in relationship if there are secrets between you)

...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2009 12:27 AM
    Threads

Hmm.. I'd go into both, but more into personality.
    People get attracted to another by first and foremost by what that person can show , i mean what stands out from that person. [i don't know why do i have to write that.. oh well..]
    I can't blame those persons who have chosen the looks over personality since the looks or the outside of a person is what we see first. But still I think [sometimes..] that when you have a good personality, many people would still like you the way you are.

unknown LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2010 04:55 AM
    Threads

Errr...i'd say both. Because you cant just date someone or have a friendship with a ugly person with a good personality, well thats the way i think
    concrete jungles where dreams
    are made of,
    there's nothing you can do~
    I
    NY

Kick off your stilettos .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2010 07:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Of course, when you see someone, the first thing you think about is the looks. If you see a guy/girl on the street, you don't think "OMG THAT PERSON IS SUCH A NICE PERSON I CAN TELL". Wroooong. The first thing you ALWAYS and ALWAYS will look at is the looks.
    When it comes to getting to know the person, the personality is very important, not the looks.
    when it comes to relationships, when you're together with someone, looks are definately not important to you anymore. You just love the person inside.

No lies, just love. | tumblr | deviantart (dead)

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Quote Originally Posted by Megami91 View Post
    when it comes to relationships, when you're together with someone, looks are definately not important to you anymore. You just love the person inside.
    Wha? What are you talking about? When I'm with a girl who is awesome and happens to hae a great body and cute face, I can't help but think, "You sly dog, way to go on this one! SOMEONE upstairs must like you!"

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Kick off your stilettos .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2010 07:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    Wha? What are you talking about? When I'm with a girl who is awesome and happens to hae a great body and cute face, I can't help but think, "You sly dog, way to go on this one! SOMEONE upstairs must like you!"
    Well of course you love the looks too but what's important is the personality, no? At least I wouldn't like being with a guy who looks totally hot and got a perfect body but who's an a** on the inside.

No lies, just love. | tumblr | deviantart (dead)

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 12:24 PM
    Threads

I'd say they fill each other out, and some balace to it all ain't bad.
    I wouldn't stay with a messed up sociopathic and vain woman, even if she was hotter than hell, at least not for the long run, nor do I believe I would be able to stick around with a fire-accident victim that's got the soul of Gandhi and Mother Theresa.

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2015 11:20 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Since I'm not really all that interested in relationships, looks. So long as the ... interlude is brief enough, I won't be able to tell how obnoxiously repulsive their personality is.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Sushi Tsubasa Mokona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 01:53 PM
    Threads

I think that I saw a thread similar to this before, but that's ok.

I really dont care about looks; because this wanna-be girl judges me that way. I had a fight with her last year. :P

'Dont listen to them' wont work, believe me. If I were you, stand up against them. You got bullied? Fight back! WHO THE HECK CARES about them!!!!!! If they lied, make a proof.
    Used to be known as cool_tria_anime.

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 12:24 PM
    Threads

Urgh, unless you've got an amazing willpower to force yourself to like something that somehow repulses you, let's lay of the political correctness and be a bit honest in that cynical way, ya?

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

china girl onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2009 11:55 AM
    .♥.♠.♣.♦England (transferred last year).♥.♠.♣.♦
    Threads

i think personality sometimes results on how you look on your attitude and facial expression, if i met a cute looking guy and he has this sweet looking face, he/she might end up with a rotten attitude and spiolt personality, makes one want to stay away from him, lists can be endless to how peoples personality is, comes to show theres more than meets eye to a person ^-^'

i'm desu and i know it. Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2012 03:33 AM
    Threads

Both, but a bit more on the looks side to tell the truth. ^^;

Senior Member Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2008 12:26 PM
    Threads

Well I usually fall for the looks first... Then I'll see the personality.. If it sucks then no thanks.... But yeah both count to me... Personality sure is more important, I want something else than a decoration... XD
    If the person has awesome personality but then he is like the ugliest guy I've ever seen it would be hard and (I guess) I wouldn't date... But he would be a firend... ^^

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫♪ ♫
    J-rock is my life... ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫♪ ♫

^myanimelist^
    Last.fm

Millicent Blanche dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2012 03:13 AM
    Underneath the night sky gazing at the moon and the shining stars sitting in a cliff above the ocean
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have to say,personality matters,either in choosing friends,or a boyfriend/girlfriend.
    Beauty is just one layer of skin.
    Sets made by Mira Kaiba!!!^^

An exchange for a little bit of happiness is a life shattering pain. Bend if you must not break.

Senior Member Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2010 01:17 PM
    Threads

I say....... personality and looks go hand in hand. That is the way I see it a lot of the time, and I am more of a 60/40 guy (looks/personality) because they go hand in hand.

In fact I would go so far as to say PERSONALITY is the "added bonus".

Member Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil has much to be proud of Renzoil's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2008 11:36 AM
    Threads

With some people I run off just for being there.Those who take the time to know me acually think I'm pretty cool.So personality is what gets it for me.

Remember me!
    Need me!
    I can provide you with everything!
    I am love.
    Find me, and walk beside me.(*

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Aquarius Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masali View Post
    You're a filthy, filthy, liar.

You're telling me, if the personality is good enough, you'd date

?

I think not.
    I would. Seems like they might be a funny person that'd I'd easily get along with and yes even date if we got close enough. So poo on you. XP

Honestly, when I first meet some one I do think of their looks alone because really that's all I have to go on at that point. But when it comes to a serious relationship, I always try to find some one whose personality I'll know I like and can stand. For this reason, almost every single guy that I have ever dated was one of my best friends before either of us even started thinking about smooching. Well that's what I do, at least. I can't claim to know that's what they did, though.

And though I can't give solid proof, evidence could be found in the pictures of all the guys that I've been with in the past few years. All their appearances were all over the attractiveness meter. (couldn't think of anything better-shut up!) I've dated guys who were really scrawny, I dated a relatively attractive football guy, a guy who had some serious acne, and my last boyfriend was a really big guy.

Actually, contrary to the popular image of 'fat' people, my last boyfriend (the big guy), wasn't extremely lazy or engrossingly gluttonous. Whenever we went out on dates whether to a nice restaurant to eat a fancy meal, or to the lake, the park or his house to eat sandwiches and chips, he never once displayed unbearable eating habits. And we'd been dating for nearly a year and a half and in every other aspect of himself he never felt inclined to hold back or hide things in self-consciousness.

Every summer for the past 3 or 4 years he's worked as a counselor at a camp where he was never allowed to be tired and lazy. He was always running around with his kids, hiking, canoeing, playing soccer and he even mowed the acres of open lawns between the cabins every day. He was also a tuba in the marching band and during band camp at Northwestern State University whenever we walked from our dorms to the cafeteria for breakfast to the band hall for our horns to the stadium for marching practice, he was always making me work hard to keep up. All year long last year, he had to carry about 3 text books around with him constantly and even at his college campus of Northwestern he still has to carry ALL of his college text books around with him wherever he goes on campus and he's still a hell-of-a worker.

And as long as I've known him almost none of the conversations we ever shared, alone or with friends, had anything to do with food. The only time food was even referenced was when we were planning and arranging for a date. He was fun and cool. I don't know about you but that's not your typical vision of the personality of some one who is overweight. Seriously people: not every fat guy is a lazy gluttonous slob just like every black guy isn't an unemployed thug, every blond isn't a hot, clueless ditz, and every Mexican isn't a tamale-making 'wetback' with 14 children. GET OVER YOUR STUPID STEREOTYPES, LOSERS! It'll do you little good to continue to cling to them.

My current boyfriend, by the standards of others that I have seen that know him, isn't the most attractive guy in the universe, but for me, his looks have almost molded themselves into beauty and perfection since I have known him. It's a gift, really, that when I find a guy whose personality, his kindness, intelligence and humor enthrall and please me, my eyes turn him into the most beautiful person alive even if he wasn't when we first met. My eyes adjust the appearance of others to their personality, as I learn more about them just like when I meet a hot guy who slowly shows himself to be well... a but-face, my eyes make him appear as the most hideous person conceivable, without me even thinking about it.

And in any comparison between two guys, I will always jump for the guy with the better personality and lesser looks without even considering the hot guy with no kindness and personality. Hell, even if I found two guys whose personalities were equal but who had totally different levels of attractiveness, I'd probably still jump for the guy with the lesser looks but that's for other reasons that I'd rather not go into for the fact that this post is getting WAY too long and it's kind of difficult to explain in a way that won't make people think I'm weird. Plus I doubt anyone would believe me just like I don't think anyone'll believe me about everything that I just said but quite frankly I have no good reason to lie on this matter so I dare anyone to challenge me and my truthfulness. You will fail to prove me wrong or get me to admit to anything more or less than what I've just said.

Thank you. *peace*

love
    dani
    dude
    Last edited by Yugure's Goddess; 09-15-2007 at 09:27 PM.
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Senior Member Darkness2003 has a reputation beyond repute Darkness2003 has a reputation beyond repute Darkness2003 has a reputation beyond repute Darkness2003 has a reputation beyond repute Darkness2003 has a reputation beyond repute Darkness2003 has a reputation beyond repute Darkness2003 has a reputation beyond repute Darkness2003 has a reputation beyond repute Darkness2003 has a reputation beyond repute Darkness2003 has a reputation beyond repute Darkness2003 has a reputation beyond repute Darkness2003's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2007 04:17 PM
    Threads

Personality all the way, otherwise it's just being shallow.
    Call me Dk03 or Dark for short if you wish.
    My created sigs are on my uploaded pictures

Spidey-boy... you think you're greater than me?
    Hah! Don't make me laugh....

Theomorphic Abomination Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2008 12:32 AM
    Threads

Finding a girlfriend seems impossible. I'm just asking for a completely gorgeous, humorous, exceptionally intelligent, witty, sophisticated, simple, faithful, seductive, quiet, talkative, shy, sociable, filthy rich, egocentric, sacrificial, reserved extrovert, leader who goes with the flow and mysterious person who doesn't keep things from me, open-minded liberal who dislikes all groups I dislike, who worships the ground I walk on. Is that too much to ask?

hold me accountable Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 04:49 PM
    Threads

It's a lot easier to like someone with looks. I always found they could get away with a lot more. Like they have this way of looking at you and using their incredibly adorable puppy dog eyes to make you forgive them. I know it's shallow but I really am a sucker for looks. I'm a really visual person so I find it incredible easy to love someone for their looks.
    BUT I'm also an incredibly judgemental and picky person. Call me a *AHEM* but I can be real harsh when it comes to who I like as a person. It's easy to get on my nerves, so naturally I wouldn't date someone I found mildly irritating, no matter how cute they are or how big their beautiful hazel eyes are.
    SO overall...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness2003
    You can count me in that. I am shallow. I can fall for someone good looking in a second. It can take forever for me to grow to like someone not so good looking. Still, it's proven fact that my relationships with better looking people always end up much shorter than those with the not so good looking people. Maybe it's about time I learnt my lesson.

Azel - I'd wish you luck, but I feel you may need a fair bit more than that to find your ideal.
    Last edited by Exquiro; 09-15-2007 at 10:28 PM.
    "Done because we are too meny."

Senior Member Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2010 10:13 AM
    Threads

Well, I'm going to provide some scientific insight to this. Do search the Internet for qualification but I do believe that this theory has been trialed and proven.

The mystery of attraction has long eluded us humans. So what makes one person more appealing than the other? What makes some of us gay and some of us straight? What makes one person appear better than the other? It all boils down to genes. The theory hasn't been proven for gay people yet but in straight people, we go looking for a partner that will provide us the best gene contribution for offspring.

This means that if a person of the opposite sex has matching physical qualities, your brain senses those bodily chemicals and signatures emitted through sight, sound, smell and touch and then translates these into a sense of attraction. So yes, looks are a factor and so is personality. Which is why, most couples who end up together often times bear different traits that work well together.

As for gay people, work is underway to prove that a hormone imbalance forces them to develop attraction for people of the same gender. Meaning yes, gay people could be born that way. If I find the link to that research I'll plonk it here but for the moment, this is all I can contribute. So happy sniffing to all those who are looking out there

~*Why don't they get tired, Because they're fools, Don't fools get tired, How can fools get tired?*~ www.hypergraphiansmuse.blogspot.com
    AF Family
    "Red" - Younger brother
    "*Ninna* ~ Hatake - Sister-in-law"

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 09:45 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    I like how no one has challenged my statement that looks aren't that important. *is cool like that*
    Could you pash someone that made you vomit? Could you love someone who's appearance made you cringe?

I have to say looks are very much important, I have to be able to hold down my meal whilst talking to her.

I am not saying looks is the most important, quite often I have seen someone I thought would make me throw up if they winked at me again, however getting to know someone's personality can make someone more attractive.

I think they are equally as important, to me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness2003
    I don't believe not dating someone because they weren't good looking enough is shallow at all, am I forced to date someone with a personality match towards me just so I am not shallow? Surely you jest!

P.S. That myspace babe is HAWT!!! What is her address? Gonna' get me some action!
    Last edited by ███; 09-16-2007 at 08:03 AM.
    ████████████

Ph. D. in Pokomon Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-10-2011 04:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gamrtagnotfound

Both are pretty important. Their looks may be what attracts you to them but their personality is what keeps you interested. Great looks with a great personality would be best (even if pretty much impossible), but personality can make up for someone not looking like you hoped they would... to a point. They have to at least look decent. Can't help it, I'm a human male... I'm naturally attracted to pretty things. It's not too hard though, pretty eyes = big points, cute smile = major points. Just the way someone talks or laughs could make me like em a little more. Looks can't make up for personality (or intellect) though. Why be with someone gorgeous when they have the personality of a cinder block? Or they're baffled by the concept of turning a knob? I would always choose the less pretty girl who I get along great with over the beauty who I have a tough time holding a conversation with.
    Looks are the bait, personality is the hook. That's the way I see it.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information